BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you reclass in 8th grade that is not cheating.

If you do a prefirst grade in private school that is not cheating.

If you hold your child back in any grade that is not cheating.

Just because a select few get an advantage in youth lacrosse, it is not cheating

Save the Children ad agency ..paid by Crabs, FCA, Madlax and Howard County Recreation Department

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have been a part of three top Baltimore club programs and they all have holdbacks. The Crabs just have the most holdbacks of kids that are good enough to play at a high level as on age kids. Therefore they draw the most attention. Some of their holdbacks have no business holding back since they are legit as on age players. Driven by parents egos!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true, crabs has 4 or 5, Looneys has 9 this year, fca 6, 91 3 or 4.
It doesn't matter. Grade base.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
. Your numbers are wrong. Crabs is the one with the highest number of holdbacks and their 2020 team has 2 double holdbacks. You need to stop making up crap. If you think your numbers are accurate, show everyone the proof. We're waiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid reclasses, that's not cheating. Stop hating on Madlax. You hate in the best because you can't be the best!

Good grief, if you think Maxlax is the best I would hate to see what worst would look like. I don't think anyone hates Madlax, they just know it is not a strong program and people like you show up and make crazy/unreal statements that they are. You need something else to do with your time.

I can agree that Madlax is not the top program in the nation. But to say they are not strong is flat out wrong. First the easy thing to do is look at the commit list for 2018 and 2109 classes. Then look at what tournaments there top teams play in. I think what hurts Madlax is they filed A and AA teams. So people see the A team and think that is the top Madlax team all the time. But to say there top AA teams over the last 10 to 15 teams have not been strong is just wrong flat out wrong. They claim top 5 clubs in the nation which is kinda high. But they are top 20 in the nation for the last 10 to 15 years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Your numbers are wrong. Crabs is the one with the highest number of holdbacks and their 2020 team has 2 double holdbacks. You need to stop making up crap. If you think your numbers are accurate, show everyone the proof. We're waiting.

The funny thing is Crabs openly admits to having holdbacks while FCA and others seem to squirm, get defensive and even deny having them when called out on this forum. All the top programs have them and EVERY AA coach openly accepts them. So why all the fuss? Would be nice if everyone just owned it and we could move on. However that is probably wishful thinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grade based teams with an age cut off like the World Series of Lacrosse would be more than sufficient in curbing this practice. It's one thing to have a late birthday or a year of pre-k. Its another thing to use reclassifying as club strategy to gain an advantage which is what the Crabs are all about. Their thrashing on national TV last summer proved that without older players they are not so hot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grade based teams with an age cut off like the World Series of Lacrosse would be more than sufficient in curbing this practice. It's one thing to have a late birthday or a year of pre-k. Its another thing to use reclassifying as club strategy to gain an advantage which is what the Crabs are all about. Their thrashing on national TV last summer proved that without older players they are not so hot.

I think the funny thing is if the crabs and all the other clubs where forced to follow the age limit rules. The same teams would be at the top of the pack. Because you are correct the crabs without holdbacks are not the best, but the better players that are on age but play for other teams because they where cut or pushed out by holdbacks. I have seen it happen the top 13 players on the top clubs are what make the team. If you find yourself as the 14th player you change clubs so your son is in the top 13 players on that team. So the last 7 or so players on all the top clubs are really avg players to good players. You can see how a team like Sweetlax has 10 players on a team commit. If you go back the last 5 years of that teams roster you see kids who have moved to another club and show up on a commit list. Or in VA you see kids leave Madlax for Blackwolf and VLC and end up on a commit list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can keep crying because your son isn't good enough, but there is a reason they went to grade based teams. The girls side has done it that way for years (yes, holdbacks for girls is not as common), and that's what the clubs/college coaches want to see.

You can keep crying, but it is waste of time. As for the Crabs, they were dominant when it was age based as well. Holdbacks are everywhere, and actually Madlax and FCA lead the pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I liked yesterday about teachers, private school, public school. This holdback stuff is a broken record. Anyone see the Navy Hopkins game. 2 ot's? Heard is was a great game but Stanwick was just too much.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo! Being pushed aside on a great team due to holdbacks. Switch teams! Playing time is most important! Being on the D side of a great team can be boring. Playing D on a very good team will be more challenging and present more opportunities to display your abilities. Worked for us!

I think the funny thing is if the crabs and all the other clubs where forced to follow the age limit rules. The same teams would be at the top of the pack. Because you are correct the crabs without holdbacks are not the best, but the better players that are on age but play for other teams because they where cut or pushed out by holdbacks. I have seen it happen the top 13 players on the top clubs are what make the team. If you find yourself as the 14th player you change clubs so your son is in the top 13 players on that team. So the last 7 or so players on all the top clubs are really avg players to good players. You can see how a team like Sweetlax has 10 players on a team commit. If you go back the last 5 years of that teams roster you see kids who have moved to another club and show up on a commit list. Or in VA you see kids leave Madlax for Blackwolf and VLC and end up on a commit list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I liked yesterday about teachers, private school, public school. This holdback stuff is a broken record. Anyone see the Navy Hopkins game. 2 ot's? Heard is was a great game but Stanwick was just too much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it was ryan brown that was too much - 6 goals. he has a lazer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a holdback, attends a private Catholic HS and travels a significant distance to get to HS or stays with friends or coaches. I don't see what the problem is? I am and will continue to to what is best for my family and to help secure my son success in his future. What father wouldn't do the same. Please don't question the way I parent and I won't question you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a holdback, attends a private Catholic HS and travels a significant distance to get to HS or stays with friends or coaches. I don't see what the problem is? I am and will continue to to what is best for my family and to help secure my son success in his future. What father wouldn't do the same. Please don't question the way I parent and I won't question you.

Teaching your kid to buck the system isn't good parenting. Shame you send him so far away for school, you really should be s better father and be in his life more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for you - at least you have come to terms with your cheating ways. Your kid clearly can't hack it with other kids his own age. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great childhood, someone else saying goodnight to your son and good morning. Wow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He will be attending a top notch University, getting a great HS education and loves the game of lacrosse...I sleep peacefully at night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can do whatever you want to do. Who cares what a bunch of dudes hiding behind the internet think. I certainly don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet you do - because - clearly you have no moral compass. My son is getting a great HS education, loves the game of lacrosse and will be more likely than not be playing lacrosse at top notch university. He also is on age and hopefully learning the lesson that dedication and hard work will payoff in the end.

I can only imagine what he would do to kids if he played a year or two down. Of course - I wouldn't do that because it is pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He will be attending a top notch University, getting a great HS education and loves the game of lacrosse...I sleep peacefully at night.

I'm sure you do sleep well at night knowing somebody else is taking care of your son. Hopefully the person now raising your son has a better moral compass than you and raises him properly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
zzzzzzzzzz. See, no prob at all. Thank you to your on-age son for making mine look good. The D1 college coaches appreciated it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
zzzzzzzzzz. See, no prob at all. Thank you to your on-age son for making mine look good. The D1 college coaches appreciated it.

You probably let another man in the bedroom to take care of the wife as well!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well US Soccer is really pushing age limits based on a Jan 1 cutoff and it is trickling into the rec leagues even.

Unfortunately, in this area of the country with a Sept 1cutoff, 1/4 of the kids in any grade will now be forced to play up with the kids in the grade ahead of them and not with their classmates.

US Soccer acknowledged this and basically said it was either Jan 1 or Sept 1 and we picked Jan1. Sorry to anyone that doesn't like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well US Soccer is really pushing age limits based on a Jan 1 cutoff and it is trickling into the rec leagues even.

Unfortunately, in this area of the country with a Sept 1cutoff, 1/4 of the kids in any grade will now be forced to play up with the kids in the grade ahead of them and not with their classmates.

US Soccer acknowledged this and basically said it was either Jan 1 or Sept 1 and we picked Jan1. Sorry to anyone that doesn't like it.

wont work in lacrosse. To many dads like the one who is proud of holding his kid back. Lacrosse is a cesspool for a select few holdback parents. The cheaters of youth lacrosse need their advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You emphasize what is wrong with YOUTH lacrosse. You feel entitled to some advantage most do not get. You are clueless that there is a problem?? No one would cares or questions that you held your son back, we only care that you feel YOUR son is entitled to an advantage at youth lacrosse that the majority of Children dont have. Somehow that logic is missing in your brain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so salty...your kid must be riding the bench?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You emphasize what is wrong with YOUTH lacrosse. You feel entitled to some advantage most do not get. You are clueless that there is a problem?? No one would cares or questions that you held your son back, we only care that you feel YOUR son is entitled to an advantage at youth lacrosse that the majority of Children dont have. Somehow that logic is missing in your brain.

I don't think entitled means what you think entitled means.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By holding a child back you allow them to mature, both mentally and physically. Does this give them an advantage? Yes it probably does, but that is my duty as a parent, to ensure the success of my child. I would do whatever it takes to help my child succeed. I don't make a spectacular living. Both my wife and I work to pay for our children to attend private school. We don't go on vacation. My children have benefited from staying back. They are doing better in school. Neither child is big, but they are athletic. Tell me what I did wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By holding a child back you allow them to mature, both mentally and physically. Does this give them an advantage? Yes it probably does, but that is my duty as a parent, to ensure the success of my child. I would do whatever it takes to help my child succeed. I don't make a spectacular living. Both my wife and I work to pay for our children to attend private school. We don't go on vacation. My children have benefited from staying back. They are doing better in school. Neither child is big, but they are athletic. Tell me what I did wrong?

Nothing until you played your son on a team when he is a full year and 6 to 11 months older then the kids he is playing with. I would let you slide if you did not do this until this spring if he is in 8th grade and should be in 9th. Because you would have no where to play spring lacrosse. But if your son was playing with 7th graders when he should of been with 8th graders last spring or any time before this you are a cheater and a punk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Punk? You must be a very well educated individual based on your use of the English language. I hope your son is getting a better education than you received. When one doesn't have the intellect to put forth a valid argument, they resort to profanity or name calling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Setting your son up for success in the classroom is totally different than putting older kids on the field with younger ones. I understand you don't get this concept, since you were probably brought up around it. Kids should be playing against their own age on non-school teams. Bucking the system is not the proper or moral thing to do. Play your kid on age, I'm sure he will still be a good player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A parent of our club team clued me into this forum. It's like a reality TV show or a car crash. I can't take my eyes off of it. My own son is late August 2001 birthday. In kindergarten, our parish educators recommended he take a pre-first year, before first grade. I was almost insulted by the insinuation that he wasn't ready. I took a breathe and asked other parents who had pre-firsters. They were all happy that they made the decision. I had given no thought to an athletic advantage this might give. Trust me, I don't plan that far ahead. Then we entered the club lacrosse world in 7th grade, just as the grade based environment was becoming widespread. With no more thought than having him play with his friends, we went with the 2020 team. No malice, no forethought. If he was a huge kid that already hit puberty, maybe we would have thought differently. As it is, he's average height (5'6") and probably underweight (123lbs). I don't believe he is at any advantage, but I'm sure some posters will disagree. I'll continue to view the forums for thoughts and advice. There are a few nuggets, the best of which come down to don't live your life through your kid's sports and just let them have fun. Stay frosty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A parent of our club team clued me into this forum. It's like a reality TV show or a car crash. I can't take my eyes off of it. My own son is late August 2001 birthday. In kindergarten, our parish educators recommended he take a pre-first year, before first grade. I was almost insulted by the insinuation that he wasn't ready. I took a breathe and asked other parents who had pre-firsters. They were all happy that they made the decision. I had given no thought to an athletic advantage this might give. Trust me, I don't plan that far ahead. Then we entered the club lacrosse world in 7th grade, just as the grade based environment was becoming widespread. With no more thought than having him play with his friends, we went with the 2020 team. No malice, no forethought. If he was a huge kid that already hit puberty, maybe we would have thought differently. As it is, he's average height (5'6") and probably underweight (123lbs). I don't believe he is at any advantage, but I'm sure some posters will disagree. I'll continue to view the forums for thoughts and advice. There are a few nuggets, the best of which come down to don't live your life through your kid's sports and just let them have fun. Stay frosty.

thanks for the insight...cheater

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most people don't have a problem with an August 2001 kid playing 2020, but the Crabs have a kid older than him on their 2021 team....THIS is what people have a problem with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once again you miss the point . Why you held you child back is irrelevant to most people. Good for you that it has helped him with his education. I cant imagine anyone not wishing him well with his studies.
Youth athletics is a different subject, You want your son to have an advantage in youth sports that others do not get?? There is a fairness to youth athletics that is constantly put out by all organizations. Private schools constantly preach values and character education to their students. Do you think it is good character to allow a select few to enjoy an advantage others dont?? Is all your decisions, that whatever is in the interest of helping my son out..I will do it without any moral value associated with it???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think entitled means what you think entitled means.

I don't think you know what morals and values mean.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca does for sure too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With your logic, Why not hold him back two years since you are doing whatever it takes to help him succeed?? Hw will be a big time star on the playing field??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Punk? You must be a very well educated individual based on your use of the English language. I hope your son is getting a better education than you received. When one doesn't have the intellect to put forth a valid argument, they resort to profanity or name calling.

I can agree I am not as well educated as you. But I am smart enough to see a cheater and a excuse maker when I see one. If you are so secure in your choices please inform all the parents of your sons age. Now make sure you talk to the parents of the kids your son plays ahead of and gets more playing time then. Then ask them when their son was born and then tell them your sons birthday. If you can do this and sleep then I will leave you alone.

Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard