BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St Anthonys and Chaminade coaches were absolutely brilliant. I'm talking genius. Starting a club team and make a small mint each. But here is what isn't talked about. They brainwashed the parents. And the parents had no idea it was happening. Hey Joe Parent, don't you want to be associated with a winner? So what if you son is on the C team. You can still stand under our tent, and feel good about yourself. So what if we aren't going to promote your kid. He can still play in summer tournaments. Who cares that there are no college coaches watching? Who cares that the coaching is sub par. Wear our apparel and you too can "feel" like a winner. Over a decade of that thinking and here you have St. Anthonys and Chaminade. If you have been around the lacrosse block a few years, ask yourself this. 15, 20, 25 years ago what parent in their right mind would send their kid to a private school to be 3rd, 4th, 5th string? To be one of 8 goalies? To get cut because 100 kids go out for the team? And pay thousands of dollars on top of that? A travel team mentality now rules the high school lacrosse world. This isn't about their kids. I know of kids that would be stars on their public high school team only to be cut by one of the Big 2. This is about the parents and puffing out their chests that there son goes to a winner. Not plays for a winner. Goes to a winner. Well played directors. Well played. And as an added bonus you get the arrogant MC telling everyone which kids suck and will never play. Only in America. LOL

maybe, just maybe, people send their kids to those schools for reasons other than lacrosse and the kid happens to play lacrosse as well. Would you also be surprised if it were the kids themselves that actually want to go to those schools and not just for lacrosse.

Wishful thinking but in reality it's the parents decision in my guess over 90 percent. I know one kid who goes to catholic school and would be a pretty good player for his public school team but will only be a number for their team. And if he wanted to switch back to public school they won't because the parent has too much pride to let it happen and the son will pay the price. fair no but reality.

I know of two kids who would have played for their public HS but went to Chaminade and were cut. They both stayed and both kids have told me if they knew before going to Chaminada tthey still would have would have gone, they loved the school. As a parent I wanted my son to go to Chaminade but he said no, he wanted to stay with his friends in public school (and he plays for Express) so every case is different and unique.

After its all over, an 18 or 19 year old doesn't want to admit a mistake. So the kid has to miss out on HS lax because of people (parents mostly) not being realistic about their kids situation. A shame.

Sad actually.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthonys and Chaminade coaches were absolutely brilliant. I'm talking genius. Starting a club team and make a small mint each. But here is what isn't talked about. They brainwashed the parents. And the parents had no idea it was happening. Hey Joe Parent, don't you want to be associated with a winner? So what if you son is on the C team. You can still stand under our tent, and feel good about yourself. So what if we aren't going to promote your kid. He can still play in summer tournaments. Who cares that there are no college coaches watching? Who cares that the coaching is sub par. Wear our apparel and you too can "feel" like a winner. Over a decade of that thinking and here you have St. Anthonys and Chaminade. If you have been around the lacrosse block a few years, ask yourself this. 15, 20, 25 years ago what parent in their right mind would send their kid to a private school to be 3rd, 4th, 5th string? To be one of 8 goalies? To get cut because 100 kids go out for the team? And pay thousands of dollars on top of that? A travel team mentality now rules the high school lacrosse world. This isn't about their kids. I know of kids that would be stars on their public high school team only to be cut by one of the Big 2. This is about the parents and puffing out their chests that there son goes to a winner. Not plays for a winner. Goes to a winner. Well played directors. Well played. And as an added bonus you get the arrogant MC telling everyone which kids suck and will never play. Only in America. LOL

maybe, just maybe, people send their kids to those schools for reasons other than lacrosse and the kid happens to play lacrosse as well. Would you also be surprised if it were the kids themselves that actually want to go to those schools and not just for lacrosse.

Wishful thinking but in reality it's the parents decision in my guess over 90 percent. I know one kid who goes to catholic school and would be a pretty good player for his public school team but will only be a number for their team. And if he wanted to switch back to public school they won't because the parent has too much pride to let it happen and the son will pay the price. fair no but reality.

I know of two kids who would have played for their public HS but went to Chaminade and were cut. They both stayed and both kids have told me if they knew before going to Chaminada tthey still would have would have gone, they loved the school. As a parent I wanted my son to go to Chaminade but he said no, he wanted to stay with his friends in public school (and he plays for Express) so every case is different and unique.

For every two of those there may be two more who feel playing at Chaminade or St. Anthony's will give them a challenge a challenge which will help them on the next level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our HS

Our High School coaches were absolutely brilliant. I'm talking genius. Starting a club team and make a small mint each. But here is what isn't talked about. They brainwashed and coerced the parents players. And the parents had no idea it was happening. Hey Joe Parent, don't you want to be associated with a winner? So what if you son is on the B team or isn't one of our boys. You can still stand under our tent, and feel good about yourself. So what if we aren't going to promote your kid. He can still play in summer tournaments. Who cares that there are no college coaches watching? Who cares that the coaching is sub par. Wear our apparel and you too can "feel" like a winner. Over a decade of that thinking in youth through HS and here you have our HS program. If you have been around the lacrosse block a few years, ask yourself this what parent wouldn't want their kid to reach their full potential. Who would want to limit their kids experience and pay thousands of dollars on top of that? A travel team mentality now rules the high school lacrosse world (that is because some HS coaches want to consider it one and the same). This isn't about their kids. I know of kids that would be stars on their public high school team only to be cut by one of the Big 2 (no kid who gets cut would be a star). This is about the parents and puffing out their chests that there son goes to a winner. Not plays for a winner. Goes to a winner. Well played Coaches. Well played. And as an added bonus you get the arrogant HS coaches telling everyone which kids suck and will never play and which grades are good and which are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know at least one kid who goes to Kellenberg and plays for the name express just to make sure their kid plays at Kellenberg. You are not talking one of the top HS around, it's very sad that the parents would drink the Kool Aid to play there.. Paying thousands to just play on the HS team and be only a number on one of their travel teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a very good Chaminade kid (2018) that was cut. Guess he plays on the wrong club team. Somehow if he played for the Express, I'm sure he would have made the team. And like many parents too embarrassed to go back to public. So they say, oh well, at least he's getting a good education. But the kid wants to play high school lacrosse. Winners: 2 private High schools, LIE and, parents. Losers: the children.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know at least one kid who goes to Kellenberg and plays for the name express just to make sure their kid plays at Kellenberg. You are not talking one of the top HS around, it's very sad that the parents would drink the Kool Aid to play there.. Paying thousands to just play on the HS team and be only a number on one of their travel teams

I know several kids in certain town's who play for the HS coaches pay to play summer team because they are afraid not paying and playing will have a negatively impact them. Its very sad that the parents would drink the kool aid and pay thousands of dollars just to play on the summer team and only be a number on their high school team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a kid that does not play lacrosse and has no desire to ever play lacrosse, has never heard of Jack Moran or Mike Chanenchuck yet goes to Chaminade anyway? there could be more to this whole Chaminade thing then just lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is well put. one of the previous posters contended that since they have so many commute from various distance that it somehow enhances the pool of athletic talent. pretzel logic at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a kid that does not play lacrosse and has no desire to ever play lacrosse, has never heard of Jack Moran or Mike Chanenchuck yet goes to Chaminade anyway? there could be more to this whole Chaminade thing then just lacrosse

Yes. Basketball team very good as well!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hooray for those kids. Yes, plenty of kids that don't play sports at Chaminade. Thanks for the breaking news. Some other breaking news for you. Their parents don't even know this website exists. See, "back of the cage" connotes, Lacrosse. The "tip of the pencil" and "keys on the calculator" websites can be found using google search. LOL (anyone doubt this genius was going to actually search for those websites?)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL at yourself? now that's a toolbag move. that following an insult to non athletes. you are a class act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, that's what you say! My kids public education and top rated athletic program is just fine, evident by the stellar programs he and his peers are committed to attend. Oh, and he only wears Polo clothing. Love seeing him look sharp and rock those AP exams! Hek, he my even enter college as a sophomore with all the AP and other college level offerings he's taking advantage of. Life is good!

Uhhh....ok. Keep telling yourself that. Polo??? really.....vineyard vines old man. AP exams?...sure. Keep drinking that Koolaid.

Vinyard vines is for p****ies. Guess when you thought the grass looked greener over there, you didn't realize it was because it's fake. Sorry the truth bothers you!

You guys are making fun of each other's clothes? That's awesome. "My kid is way tougher because he wears Polo instead of Vineyard Vines!". I'd love to see what happens to your girlie-boys in a real neighborhood!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL at yourself? now that's a toolbag move. that following an insult to non athletes. you are a class act.

What insult, Mary? Stop with the dramatics and find a forum with which you can extol about all the troubles in the world. In the meantime, the rest of us will talk about lacrosse related issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What insult, Mary? Stop with the dramatics and find a forum with which you can extol about all the troubles in the world. In the meantime, the rest of us will talk about lacrosse related issues.

Calling someone "Mary" isn't a lacrosse-related statement; it's a sexist statement that has nothing to do with lacrosse. Ironic, no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calling someone "Mary" isn't a lacrosse-related statement; it's a sexist statement that has nothing to do with lacrosse. Ironic, no?

Nope

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

must not have lax kids, they would be too soft based on their genetics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hooray for those kids. Yes, plenty of kids that don't play sports at Chaminade. Thanks for the breaking news. Some other breaking news for you. Their parents don't even know this website exists. See, "back of the cage" connotes, Lacrosse. The "tip of the pencil" and "keys on the calculator" websites can be found using google search. LOL (anyone doubt this genius was going to actually search for those websites?)

Well, since your "tip of the pencil" and "key on the calculator" kids wouldn't be on BOTC, how about bringing it back to lacrosse. FYI You really shouldn't laugh at your own attempts at humor. It connotes a lack of maturity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, the NON-ATHLETE parents bashing each other. what a bunch of clowns. Ask yourself this "what would my son say about me for posting such silliness?" would junior be proud or embarrassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, since your "tip of the pencil" and "key on the calculator" kids wouldn't be on BOTC, how about bringing it back to lacrosse. FYI You really shouldn't laugh at your own attempts at humor. It connotes a lack of maturity!

Will do, Father.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you love a school with no girls in attendance? A lot of great schools with the opposite sex attending also. You ever walk around Chaminade, all males and a real creepy ambience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two types go to Chaminade. Lacrosse players and those that can't get dates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot more than that one. They will play the kids on Express C over a good player who doesn't play club ball or plays for the wrong club. And they will finish 3rd or 4th in the AA this year!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which programs have the best new crop of ready fro varsity Freshmen coming in?
Must consider Cham & St. A's even though they take talent from all over and never bring them up for varsity.

Syos
Pequa
WM
HHH
GC
Manhassett
Smithtown
Kellenberg

Kellenberg? Stop. One good 2019 is going there. And wont see varsity until soph year at best. And St Doms and SJB will still beat them up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which programs have the best new crop of ready fro varsity Freshmen coming in?
Must consider Cham & St. A's even though they take talent from all over and never bring them up for varsity.

Syos
Pequa
WM
HHH
GC
Manhassett
Smithtown
Kellenberg

The fact that someone is asking this question shows the lack of quality among even the stronger HS programs. If these programs are bringing up "a crop" of 9th graders HS lacrosse is really watered down. There are very few if any 2019's who would start on the top 2018 club teams. Forget about starting on the 2017 or 2016 teams.

I disagree now that I think about it. A 2019 can play on a 2016 2017 travel team especially if he was the only one. You are not talking about a team of 2019's verses a team of 2016 2017 but a well place player can play. Especially whe surrounded by experienced players.

Nope. Not if a true 14 year old freshman. No way. Not on the elite club. The speed and size in those two or three years is big.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two types go to Chaminade. Lacrosse players and those that can't get dates.

I absolutely refuse to believe an adult would post that comment...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why has this Chaminade stuff now also on H.S. boys site? not enough room there for the jealous haters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be clear my kid is in public. Last 3 goalie to graduate from Chaminade going to Duke, Army,Navy. Please stop the bashing it's a great school, that I wish my kid went to. He plays club with a lot of Chaminade kids, very nice, respectful, smart kids, 5sf5kyparents all good grounded people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why has this Chaminade stuff now also on H.S. boys site? not enough room there for the jealous haters?

Jealous of what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be clear my kid is in public. Last 3 goalie to graduate from Chaminade going to Duke, Army,Navy. Please stop the bashing it's a great school, that I wish my kid went to. He plays club with a lot of Chaminade kids, very nice, respectful, smart kids, 5sf5kyparents all good grounded people.

Would expect that from starters of any good program. Where did the bench riding goalies go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would expect that from starters of any good program. Where did the bench riding goalies go?

Last years Sr who started the championship game vs. St A is at Binghamton. He didn't play express and still started. Also Sr. this year and I assume will be the starter is committed to ND and played for 91 not Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, please name some

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last years Sr who started the championship game vs. St A is at Binghamton. He didn't play express and still started. Also Sr. this year and I assume will be the starter is committed to ND and played for 91 not Express.

Stop! Thant cant be true. I have read many times on this site that if you go to Chaminade or St Anthony's you have to play express.

Haters gonna hate...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade Goalies
2011 - Navy
2012 - Albany - Bates
2013 - Duke - Furman - Queens
2014 - Army
2015 - Binghamton - Providence
2016 - ND - Colby
2017 -
2018 - Duke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade Goalies
2011 - Navy
2012 - Albany - Bates
2014 - Army
2016 - ND - Colby
2017 -
2018 - Duke

Like I suspected, only 1 per certain grad years went anywhere brag worrhy

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Chaminade Goalies
2011 - Navy
2012 - Albany - Bates
2014 - Army
2016 - ND - Colby
2017 -
2018 - Duke

Dont get what your point is. What program can say over a 20 year span it has had 12 goalies go to play lacrosse at the level Chaminade has had. This is over just 8 years and 2017 goalies have not committed yet. I would say thats pretty impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you know anything Bates and Colby are damn good academic schools. But wait you think only if a kid goes div 1 it's worthy right. Those boys probably come out making more money then the other kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Like I suspected, only 1 per certain grad years went anywhere brag worrhy"

Typical Long Island public school response. Colby and Bates are two of the better academic schools in the country. Go ahead and keep dreaming about that 1/8 of an athletic scholarship to UMass-Lowell. That is what it is all about, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical Long Island public school response. Colby and Bates are two of the better academic schools in the country. Go ahead and keep dreaming about that 1/8 of an athletic scholarship to UMass-Lowell. That is what it is all about, right?

That's funny! Obviously you never heard of Syosset, Ward Melville, Smithtown, GC, Manhasset. Multiple kids going Ivy and top 20 in those program. Please spare us the baseless grasp at an insult, not working, biff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

Chaminade Goalies
2011 - Navy
2012 - Albany - Bates
2014 - Army
2016 - ND - Colby
2017 -
2018 - Duke

Dont get what your point is. What program can say over a 20 year span it has had 12 goalies go to play lacrosse at the level Chaminade has had. This is over just 8 years and 2017 goalies have not committed yet. I would say thats pretty impressive.

The point is the top public programs also commit goalies, as well as other positions to very good programs, not just Chaminade. It's always got to be a contest, Chaminade groupies constantly beating their chest that they are better, their kid's go to better schools, etc. I only see 2 (3 boys) nationally ranked top 20 universities on that list, if we are talking college rankings. Not putting down any of the others, they all have their own strengths/fit for the student-athelte,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny! Obviously you never heard of Syosset, Ward Melville, Smithtown, GC, Manhasset. Multiple kids going Ivy and top 20 in those program. Please spare us the baseless grasp at an insult, not working, biff.

There is no insult. The person listed goalies. I don't think there is another program that can come anywhere near what Chaminade has done in the last 8 years for goalies.

Page 3 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard