BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 77 1 2 3 4 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St Anthonys and Chaminade coaches were absolutely brilliant. I'm talking genius. Starting a club team and make a small mint each. But here is what isn't talked about. They brainwashed the parents. And the parents had no idea it was happening. Hey Joe Parent, don't you want to be associated with a winner? So what if you son is on the C team. You can still stand under our tent, and feel good about yourself. So what if we aren't going to promote your kid. He can still play in summer tournaments. Who cares that there are no college coaches watching? Who cares that the coaching is sub par. Wear our apparel and you too can "feel" like a winner. Over a decade of that thinking and here you have St. Anthonys and Chaminade. If you have been around the lacrosse block a few years, ask yourself this. 15, 20, 25 years ago what parent in their right mind would send their kid to a private school to be 3rd, 4th, 5th string? To be one of 8 goalies? To get cut because 100 kids go out for the team? And pay thousands of dollars on top of that? A travel team mentality now rules the high school lacrosse world. This isn't about their kids. I know of kids that would be stars on their public high school team only to be cut by one of the Big 2. This is about the parents and puffing out their chests that there son goes to a winner. Not plays for a winner. Goes to a winner. Well played directors. Well played. And as an added bonus you get the arrogant MC telling everyone which kids suck and will never play. Only in America. LOL

MC kid was cut from WM which is why he went private. Publics beat privates many times. Anyone who buys the argument that private is better at lacrosse just doesn't go to a good public.

MC coaches JV not Varsity, so who really cares!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which programs have the best new crop of ready fro varsity Freshmen coming in?
Must consider Cham & St. A's even though they take talent from all over and never bring them up for varsity.

Syos
Pequa
WM
HHH
GC
Manhassett
Smithtown
Kellenberg

The fact that someone is asking this question shows the lack of quality among even the stronger HS programs. If these programs are bringing up "a crop" of 9th graders HS lacrosse is really watered down. There are very few if any 2019's who would start on the top 2018 club teams. Forget about starting on the 2017 or 2016 teams.

I disagree now that I think about it. A 2019 can play on a 2016 2017 travel team especially if he was the only one. You are not talking about a team of 2019's verses a team of 2016 2017 but a well place player can play. Especially whe surrounded by experienced players.

I believe the post said "start" not just "play " on a "top" club team not just any "club" team. The post said there are "very few" it did not say none.

I agree with the poster as he was responding to a post that was asking "what programs have the best crop of ready for varsity 9th graders". By using the word "crop" he was implying many players. If the top HS programs on the Island have to bring up a bunch of 9th graders the programs are in fact watered down.
There are very few 9th graders who would "start" on the 2018 91 A Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthonys and Chaminade coaches were absolutely brilliant. I'm talking genius. Starting a club team and make a small mint each. But here is what isn't talked about. They brainwashed the parents. And the parents had no idea it was happening. Hey Joe Parent, don't you want to be associated with a winner? So what if you son is on the C team. You can still stand under our tent, and feel good about yourself. So what if we aren't going to promote your kid. He can still play in summer tournaments. Who cares that there are no college coaches watching? Who cares that the coaching is sub par. Wear our apparel and you too can "feel" like a winner. Over a decade of that thinking and here you have St. Anthonys and Chaminade. If you have been around the lacrosse block a few years, ask yourself this. 15, 20, 25 years ago what parent in their right mind would send their kid to a private school to be 3rd, 4th, 5th string? To be one of 8 goalies? To get cut because 100 kids go out for the team? And pay thousands of dollars on top of that? A travel team mentality now rules the high school lacrosse world. This isn't about their kids. I know of kids that would be stars on their public high school team only to be cut by one of the Big 2. This is about the parents and puffing out their chests that there son goes to a winner. Not plays for a winner. Goes to a winner. Well played directors. Well played. And as an added bonus you get the arrogant MC telling everyone which kids suck and will never play. Only in America. LOL

Thank you for this totally original, never been said before post! let me cut you off before your next few insightful posts. HS coaches who also coach summer teams are bad, daddy coaches are bad, Donald Trump does not like illegal immigrants, anonymous posters are really tough people and you think your kid should have been made the express A team

Very insightful......you must be the south shore type in there 10 year old dodge Ram with 91 stickers all over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which programs have the best new crop of ready fro varsity Freshmen coming in?
Must consider Cham & St. A's even though they take talent from all over and never bring them up for varsity.

Syos
Pequa
WM
HHH
GC
Manhassett
Smithtown
Kellenberg

The fact that someone is asking this question shows the lack of quality among even the stronger HS programs. If these programs are bringing up "a crop" of 9th graders HS lacrosse is really watered down. There are very few if any 2019's who would start on the top 2018 club teams. Forget about starting on the 2017 or 2016 teams.

I disagree now that I think about it. A 2019 can play on a 2016 2017 travel team especially if he was the only one. You are not talking about a team of 2019's verses a team of 2016 2017 but a well place player can play. Especially whe surrounded by experienced players.

I believe the post said "start" not just "play " on a "top" club team not just any "club" team. The post said there are "very few" it did not say none.

I agree with the poster as he was responding to a post that was asking "what programs have the best crop of ready for varsity 9th graders". By using the word "crop" he was implying many players. If the top HS programs on the Island have to bring up a bunch of 9th graders the programs are in fact watered down.
There are very few 9th graders who would "start" on the 2018 91 A Team.

All these posts about the question yet no answers to the question.

Are there any teams likely to have 2 or more freshmen playing up on varsity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MC kid was cut from WM which is why he went private. Publics beat privates many times. Anyone who buys the argument that private is better at lacrosse just doesn't go to a good public.

I highly doubt the kid was cut. However, if he was then shame on the coaches. If true that he was cut (which I doubt) the coaches probably cost the team a championship or two. He is by far the best player to come out of that town in the past 20 or 30 years.

Over the years Chaminade and St. Anthony's have had great players from towns that have strong lacrosse programs as well as strong academics. Maybe, just maybe they choose to go to a Catholic School for more than just lacrosse. Kids from Massapequa, Syosset, CSH, Huntington, Ward Melville, Smithtown, Garden City, Manhasset etc...

As for the question of being better for lacrosse. I would ask, over the past 10 years what schools have produced the most NCAA Devision 1 All Americans? The only public that I can think of that would even come close to Chaminade and St. Anthony's would be West Islip. Garden City is a great program but I am not sure of even GC comes close.

There are a lot of great public schools with great lacrosse programs. I do understand why some on this site harbor such animosity towards the privates.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it that Express was created to give the kid a place to play after he was cut from his own town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best players should go to private if they want to. All for school choice. It's the parents of the kids that aren't elite that are the problem. They'd rather have their kid never see a minute of playing time to be on a winner, versus being an intricate part of their public school team or even a lower private school. It's the parents' selfishness and egos not the Directors being pointed out. The sheep willingly follow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for this totally original, never been said before post! let me cut you off before your next few insightful posts. HS coaches who also coach summer teams are bad, daddy coaches are bad, Donald Trump does not like illegal immigrants, anonymous posters are really tough people and you think your kid should have been made the express A team

Very insightful......you must be the south shore type in there 10 year old dodge Ram with 91 stickers all over it.

North Shore
15 year old jeep (close)
kid is on Express (no stickers on car)

zero for three, you are the carly fiorina of BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong

The post said 20 - 30 years. Can't think of many in the past 20 years and certainly not any in his generation the past 10 years. Did you know that Jim Brown is the best lacrosse player to ever come out of Manhasset? How far back do you have to go to even find one player from WM who would be considered an elite college player? By the way, I think there is a freshman at GT who will be an All American at some point.

Funny how a town that boasts about their "One Town team" also wants to boast about cutting a kid from the town (not sure if true). How ironic that the best player on their best team in the past 20 years is not even from the town. Surprised they didn't recruit Rob Pannell as well to come play for them. Who knows, maybe they did.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been some amazing players coming out of Great Neck historically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The post said 20 - 30 years. Can't think of many in the past 20 years and certainly not any in his generation the past 10 years. Did you know that Jim Brown is the best lacrosse player to ever come out of Manhasset? How far back do you have to go to even find one player from WM who would be considered an elite college player? By the way, I think there is a freshman at GT who will be an All American at some point.

Funny how a town that boasts about their "One Town team" also wants to boast about cutting a kid from the town (not sure if true). How ironic that the best player on their best team in the past 20 years is not even from the town. Surprised they didn't recruit Rob Pannell as well to come play for them. Who knows, maybe they did.

Also ironic the "best" player from the town was unable to lead Maryland to a National championship!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa beat top public lax school, only beat Chaminade one time. Please stop with public is better then Catholic. Maybe every 10 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa beat top public lax school, only beat Chaminade one time. Please stop with public is better then Catholic. Maybe every 10 years.

Did you forget that WM spanked chaminade last season as well.hahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MC coaches JV not Varsity, so who really cares!

Coaches JV and seems to have his tentacles everywhere. Even the UA tryouts have been tainted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private should beat public every day of the week. The All Star Club team vs the Town PAL team. Shouldn't be a contest. But ironically it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why? because they chose to go to private /catholic school doesn't mean they are the best from each community. look at Chaminade. you mean to tell me that the best GC and Manhasset players chose Chammy? ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong[/qu
[quote=Anonymous]Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong

Well said about the "One Town One Team" from the previous poster.

MC's kid was not cut from WM. Express was not created because he was cut. 3V did not allow him to play with them since he wanted to guest play with others, so his father started Express. You get better when you play with the better players. He was one of the best players to come out of 3V. No one can dispute that. There are many great players that came out of 3V.

You can say what you want about Express. If you don't want to pay the $ for the training, exposure, team practices, very competitive tournaments, and connections, then don't. That's up to you. Not sure why so many people care public vs private, club vs town. Every parent does what works for his family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And don't forget the drubbing Syosset laid on them. 16-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And don't forget the drubbing Syosset laid on them. 16-4

Embarrassing, hehe, but stop now. Cham is the best betest lacrosse School on long Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also ironic the "best" player from the town was unable to lead Maryland to a National championship!

Which 3V player won a national championship? I truly don't know of any. No sarcasm here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong[/qu
[quote=Anonymous]Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong

MC's kid was not cut from WM. Express was not created because he was cut. 3V did not allow him to play with them since he wanted to guest play with others, so his father started Express. You get better when you play with the better players. He was one of the best players to come out of 3V. No one can dispute that. There are many great players that came out of 3V.

You can say what you want about Express. If you don't want to pay the $ for the training, exposure, team practices, very competitive tournaments, and connections, then don't. That's up to you. Not sure why so many people care public vs private, club vs town. Every parent does what works for his family.

Missing the point. It's now what's best for the family for junior to sit on the bench at Chammy or St A's? It's what's best for Dad, feeling like a winner. Let your kid go where he is going to play. Stop with those two schools being an extension of 91 and LIE. You bought the sales pitch, but there are going to be hundreds and hundreds of kids who's high school lacrosse memories are going to be clapping as the elite players "play." Sure your son will be in the year book team photo. But is this now what high school lacrosse is supposed to be? Let's get back to some semblance of perspective and maybe just maybe kids going into their senior year will commit to where they will play for the following four years, versus in the 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid didn't play because he wasn't good enough at that time. Ultimate case of daddy will fix it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Missing the point. It's now what's best for the family for junior to sit on the bench at Chammy or St A's? It's what's best for Dad, feeling like a winner. Let your kid go where he is going to play. Stop with those two schools being an extension of 91 and LIE. You bought the sales pitch, but there are going to be hundreds and hundreds of kids who's high school lacrosse memories are going to be clapping as the elite players "play." Sure your son will be in the year book team photo. But is this now what high school lacrosse is supposed to be? Let's get back to some semblance of perspective and maybe just maybe kids going into their senior year will commit to where they will play for the following four years, versus in the 9th grade.

I know I'm missing the point, what is your point. More specifically are you talking 2019 again or is it 2018 ( because 2017's is just crying over spilt milk at this point, but then again some do dredge up the past, really talking about Jr.). What is it, just come right out with it. I read this as a kid (or a few) going to Chammy or StAs should have stayed home. If that is not what was meant clear it up, I have ADHD to many moving parts. Please clear this up or move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know I'm missing the point, what is your point. More specifically are you talking 2019 again or is it 2018 ( because 2017's is just crying over spilt milk at this point, but then again some do dredge up the past, really talking about Jr.). What is it, just come right out with it. I read this as a kid (or a few) going to Chammy or StAs should have stayed home. If that is not what was meant clear it up, I have ADHD to many moving parts. Please clear this up or move on.

Well, I take it that way. Kind of like the kids think they are stepping from pal to elite travel by going private. Only, it has been demonstrated in multiple instances that this is not the case. If you are a good player, and have any sense of community pride, stay home and help lift your own program instead of spending all that time and $$$ to go private and ride the pine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I take it that way. Kind of like the kids think they are stepping from pal to elite travel by going private. Only, it has been demonstrated in multiple instances that this is not the case. If you are a good player, and have any sense of community pride, stay home and help lift your own program instead of spending all that time and $$$ to go private and ride the pine.

So you say to stay at your public school with the kids baggy pants and backward baseball hats etc..etc....instead of attending a school with strong religious and community based principles and rated as one of the top 50 athletic programs in the nation and the #1 athletic program in NY State. Stop with your nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, that's what you say! My kids public education and top rated athletic program is just fine, evident by the stellar programs he and his peers are committed to attend. Oh, and he only wears Polo clothing. Love seeing him look sharp and rock those AP exams! Hek, he my even enter college as a sophomore with all the AP and other college level offerings he's taking advantage of. Life is good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your position is that only at Chaminade do elite players get most of the time? Have you ever watched GC or Manhasset or any other top, competitive program? They have their stars and they leave them out their most of the time. You live and play in a top district and that is what you will be confronting. Not everybody gets a trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well there you have it. We finally get to the real issue. Dad feels guilty he brought his family into a non-lacrosse town with derelicts in the school system. So now he can feel good about himself that his son goes to a winner and hangs out with kids he wouldn't otherwise in his lower middle class community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I attended a public HS and State University as did my wife. Our children go to public school as well. I could care less where other people send their children to school or where they have them play lacrosse. Do what you believe to be best for your children.

Why do some of you have such animosity, why the resentment, why such bitterness regarding the private schools. Why do you call their lacrosse teams "All Star" teams? Why do you refer to their clubs as "elite" clubs? Do only the "best" players from each town attend the privates? Do you realize how petty and foolish you sound? Why do you care where other parents decide to send their children to school?

As far as lacrosse goes, I think West Islip and maybe Garden City are the only public schools that even come close to St Anthony's and Chaminade over the past 10 years. If you are looking at what schools best prepare the kids for college lacrosse I would say only West Islip can compare with the two privates. What other school have put out a significant number of D1 All Americans over the past 10 years. I have seen the term "elite" used too liberally, I would define a D1 All American as "elite". I would not use the term to describe a kid who plays for a club team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why? because they chose to go to private /catholic school doesn't mean they are the best from each community. look at Chaminade. you mean to tell me that the best GC and Manhasset players chose Chammy? ridiculous

When picking from a pool of over 100 vs maybe 45 in a large lacrosse town, c'mon, we know where the odds are stacked. Plus you have the two major club teams as a feeder system. Stop with the nonsense. Chaminade has kids commuting from all over the Island including Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, that's what you say! My kids public education and top rated athletic program is just fine, evident by the stellar programs he and his peers are committed to attend. Oh, and he only wears Polo clothing. Love seeing him look sharp and rock those AP exams! Hek, he my even enter college as a sophomore with all the AP and other college level offerings he's taking advantage of. Life is good!

Uhhh....ok. Keep telling yourself that. Polo??? really.....vineyard vines old man. AP exams?...sure. Keep drinking that Koolaid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh....ok. Keep telling yourself that. Polo??? really.....vineyard vines old man. AP exams?...sure. Keep drinking that Koolaid.

Vinyard vines is for p****ies. Guess when you thought the grass looked greener over there, you didn't realize it was because it's fake. Sorry the truth bothers you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which 3V player won a national championship? I truly don't know of any. No sarcasm here.

I think there was a three villages kid won a national championship at Tufts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sam DeVore - Hopkins National Champs 2007.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe, just maybe, people send their kids to those schools for reasons other than lacrosse and the kid happens to play lacrosse as well. Would you also be surprised if it were the kids themselves that actually want to go to those schools and not just for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe, just maybe, people send their kids to those schools for reasons other than lacrosse and the kid happens to play lacrosse as well. Would you also be surprised if it were the kids themselves that actually want to go to those schools and not just for lacrosse.

Wishful thinking but in reality it's the parents decision in my guess over 90 percent. I know one kid who goes to catholic school and would be a pretty good player for his public school team but will only be a number for their team. And if he wanted to switch back to public school they won't because the parent has too much pride to let it happen and the son will pay the price. fair no but reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wishful thinking but in reality it's the parents decision in my guess over 90 percent. I know one kid who goes to catholic school and would be a pretty good player for his public school team but will only be a number for their team. And if he wanted to switch back to public school they won't because the parent has too much pride to let it happen and the son will pay the price. fair no but reality.

I know of two kids who would have played for their public HS but went to Chaminade and were cut. They both stayed and both kids have told me if they knew before going to Chaminada tthey still would have would have gone, they loved the school. As a parent I wanted my son to go to Chaminade but he said no, he wanted to stay with his friends in public school (and he plays for Express) so every case is different and unique.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't even imagine how difficult it is going through life as bitter as some of you people are. The amount of energy wasted carrying on about how public schools are better than private schools. The bitterness directed at kids who play for 91 or express. The gloating when St. A's or Chammy lose a game is pathetic. Some of you are deeply troubled and in need of mental help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of two kids who would have played for their public HS but went to Chaminade and were cut. They both stayed and both kids have told me if they knew before going to Chaminada tthey still would have would have gone, they loved the school. As a parent I wanted my son to go to Chaminade but he said no, he wanted to stay with his friends in public school (and he plays for Express) so every case is different and unique.

After its all over, an 18 or 19 year old doesn't want to admit a mistake. So the kid has to miss out on HS lax because of people (parents mostly) not being realistic about their kids situation. A shame.

Page 2 of 77 1 2 3 4 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard