Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong

The post said 20 - 30 years. Can't think of many in the past 20 years and certainly not any in his generation the past 10 years. Did you know that Jim Brown is the best lacrosse player to ever come out of Manhasset? How far back do you have to go to even find one player from WM who would be considered an elite college player? By the way, I think there is a freshman at GT who will be an All American at some point.

Funny how a town that boasts about their "One Town team" also wants to boast about cutting a kid from the town (not sure if true). How ironic that the best player on their best team in the past 20 years is not even from the town. Surprised they didn't recruit Rob Pannell as well to come play for them. Who knows, maybe they did.

Also ironic the "best" player from the town was unable to lead Maryland to a National championship!

Which 3V player won a national championship? I truly don't know of any. No sarcasm here.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150010
02/05/16 09:50 PM
02/05/16 09:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong[/qu
[quote=Anonymous]Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong

The post said 20 - 30 years. Can't think of many in the past 20 years and certainly not any in his generation the past 10 years. Did you know that Jim Brown is the best lacrosse player to ever come out of Manhasset? How far back do you have to go to even find one player from WM who would be considered an elite college player? By the way, I think there is a freshman at GT who will be an All American at some point.

Funny how a town that boasts about their "One Town team" also wants to boast about cutting a kid from the town (not sure if true). How ironic that the best player on their best team in the past 20 years is not even from the town. Surprised they didn't recruit Rob Pannell as well to come play for them. Who knows, maybe they did.

Well said about the "One Town One Team" from the previous poster.

MC's kid was not cut from WM. Express was not created because he was cut. 3V did not allow him to play with them since he wanted to guest play with others, so his father started Express. You get better when you play with the better players. He was one of the best players to come out of 3V. No one can dispute that. There are many great players that came out of 3V.

You can say what you want about Express. If you don't want to pay the $ for the training, exposure, team practices, very competitive tournaments, and connections, then don't. That's up to you. Not sure why so many people care public vs private, club vs town. Every parent does what works for his family.

Missing the point. It's now what's best for the family for junior to sit on the bench at Chammy or St A's? It's what's best for Dad, feeling like a winner. Let your kid go where he is going to play. Stop with those two schools being an extension of 91 and LIE. You bought the sales pitch, but there are going to be hundreds and hundreds of kids who's high school lacrosse memories are going to be clapping as the elite players "play." Sure your son will be in the year book team photo. But is this now what high school lacrosse is supposed to be? Let's get back to some semblance of perspective and maybe just maybe kids going into their senior year will commit to where they will play for the following four years, versus in the 9th grade.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #150013
02/05/16 10:52 PM
02/05/16 10:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid didn't play because he wasn't good enough at that time. Ultimate case of daddy will fix it!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150015
02/05/16 11:02 PM
02/05/16 11:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong[/qu
[quote=Anonymous]Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong

MC's kid was not cut from WM. Express was not created because he was cut. 3V did not allow him to play with them since he wanted to guest play with others, so his father started Express. You get better when you play with the better players. He was one of the best players to come out of 3V. No one can dispute that. There are many great players that came out of 3V.

You can say what you want about Express. If you don't want to pay the $ for the training, exposure, team practices, very competitive tournaments, and connections, then don't. That's up to you. Not sure why so many people care public vs private, club vs town. Every parent does what works for his family.

Missing the point. It's now what's best for the family for junior to sit on the bench at Chammy or St A's? It's what's best for Dad, feeling like a winner. Let your kid go where he is going to play. Stop with those two schools being an extension of 91 and LIE. You bought the sales pitch, but there are going to be hundreds and hundreds of kids who's high school lacrosse memories are going to be clapping as the elite players "play." Sure your son will be in the year book team photo. But is this now what high school lacrosse is supposed to be? Let's get back to some semblance of perspective and maybe just maybe kids going into their senior year will commit to where they will play for the following four years, versus in the 9th grade.

I know I'm missing the point, what is your point. More specifically are you talking 2019 again or is it 2018 ( because 2017's is just crying over spilt milk at this point, but then again some do dredge up the past, really talking about Jr.). What is it, just come right out with it. I read this as a kid (or a few) going to Chammy or StAs should have stayed home. If that is not what was meant clear it up, I have ADHD to many moving parts. Please clear this up or move on.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150017
02/05/16 11:27 PM
02/05/16 11:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know I'm missing the point, what is your point. More specifically are you talking 2019 again or is it 2018 ( because 2017's is just crying over spilt milk at this point, but then again some do dredge up the past, really talking about Jr.). What is it, just come right out with it. I read this as a kid (or a few) going to Chammy or StAs should have stayed home. If that is not what was meant clear it up, I have ADHD to many moving parts. Please clear this up or move on.

Well, I take it that way. Kind of like the kids think they are stepping from pal to elite travel by going private. Only, it has been demonstrated in multiple instances that this is not the case. If you are a good player, and have any sense of community pride, stay home and help lift your own program instead of spending all that time and $$$ to go private and ride the pine.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150036
02/06/16 09:33 AM
02/06/16 09:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I take it that way. Kind of like the kids think they are stepping from pal to elite travel by going private. Only, it has been demonstrated in multiple instances that this is not the case. If you are a good player, and have any sense of community pride, stay home and help lift your own program instead of spending all that time and $$$ to go private and ride the pine.

So you say to stay at your public school with the kids baggy pants and backward baseball hats etc..etc....instead of attending a school with strong religious and community based principles and rated as one of the top 50 athletic programs in the nation and the #1 athletic program in NY State. Stop with your nonsense.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #150039
02/06/16 10:07 AM
02/06/16 10:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, that's what you say! My kids public education and top rated athletic program is just fine, evident by the stellar programs he and his peers are committed to attend. Oh, and he only wears Polo clothing. Love seeing him look sharp and rock those AP exams! Hek, he my even enter college as a sophomore with all the AP and other college level offerings he's taking advantage of. Life is good!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150044
02/06/16 10:26 AM
02/06/16 10:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your position is that only at Chaminade do elite players get most of the time? Have you ever watched GC or Manhasset or any other top, competitive program? They have their stars and they leave them out their most of the time. You live and play in a top district and that is what you will be confronting. Not everybody gets a trophy.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150046
02/06/16 10:52 AM
02/06/16 10:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well there you have it. We finally get to the real issue. Dad feels guilty he brought his family into a non-lacrosse town with derelicts in the school system. So now he can feel good about himself that his son goes to a winner and hangs out with kids he wouldn't otherwise in his lower middle class community.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150047
02/06/16 10:56 AM
02/06/16 10:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I attended a public HS and State University as did my wife. Our children go to public school as well. I could care less where other people send their children to school or where they have them play lacrosse. Do what you believe to be best for your children.

Why do some of you have such animosity, why the resentment, why such bitterness regarding the private schools. Why do you call their lacrosse teams "All Star" teams? Why do you refer to their clubs as "elite" clubs? Do only the "best" players from each town attend the privates? Do you realize how petty and foolish you sound? Why do you care where other parents decide to send their children to school?

As far as lacrosse goes, I think West Islip and maybe Garden City are the only public schools that even come close to St Anthony's and Chaminade over the past 10 years. If you are looking at what schools best prepare the kids for college lacrosse I would say only West Islip can compare with the two privates. What other school have put out a significant number of D1 All Americans over the past 10 years. I have seen the term "elite" used too liberally, I would define a D1 All American as "elite". I would not use the term to describe a kid who plays for a club team.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150049
02/06/16 10:58 AM
02/06/16 10:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why? because they chose to go to private /catholic school doesn't mean they are the best from each community. look at Chaminade. you mean to tell me that the best GC and Manhasset players chose Chammy? ridiculous

When picking from a pool of over 100 vs maybe 45 in a large lacrosse town, c'mon, we know where the odds are stacked. Plus you have the two major club teams as a feeder system. Stop with the nonsense. Chaminade has kids commuting from all over the Island including Suffolk.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150058
02/06/16 12:24 PM
02/06/16 12:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, that's what you say! My kids public education and top rated athletic program is just fine, evident by the stellar programs he and his peers are committed to attend. Oh, and he only wears Polo clothing. Love seeing him look sharp and rock those AP exams! Hek, he my even enter college as a sophomore with all the AP and other college level offerings he's taking advantage of. Life is good!

Uhhh....ok. Keep telling yourself that. Polo??? really.....vineyard vines old man. AP exams?...sure. Keep drinking that Koolaid.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150064
02/06/16 01:00 PM
02/06/16 01:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh....ok. Keep telling yourself that. Polo??? really.....vineyard vines old man. AP exams?...sure. Keep drinking that Koolaid.

Vinyard vines is for p****ies. Guess when you thought the grass looked greener over there, you didn't realize it was because it's fake. Sorry the truth bothers you!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150070
02/06/16 01:49 PM
02/06/16 01:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you nuts thinking he is the best player coming out of that town in the last 30 years! That's just not knowing the history of wm.sorry your wrong

Also ironic the "best" player from the town was unable to lead Maryland to a National championship!

Which 3V player won a national championship? I truly don't know of any. No sarcasm here.

I think there was a three villages kid won a national championship at Tufts.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #150071
02/06/16 02:10 PM
02/06/16 02:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sam DeVore - Hopkins National Champs 2007.

Page 5 of 205 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 204 205