BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 45 46
High School Lax Girls
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Here you are. Play nice, please.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reply to the last post of the old thread, look up the article in the Baltimore sun from last year "5 Female UMBC Lacrosse Players Suspended For Threatening Violence " a very real problem about upperclass v. younger players although this was college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have had kids moved up for various sports for both boys and girls and the upperclassmen have never been an issue . Parents of upperclassmen have .

On a different note I recall a few very vocal Huntington parents bashing their coaches because they felt there was such an obvious bias toward certain club players etc especially at the goalie position . I just read the college rankings and see that the #4 ranked team in the country will be starting the true freshmen goalie that I believe is the player they all felt got such favoritism from her coach. I guess the former Huntington coach was not the only one who thinks so highly of this young player. If that is the case it kind of makes all the complaint by these Elevate people seem a lot less credible and also seems that a coach may have lost her job because of these nonsensical parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not an Elevate fan for a why you stirring this up? While last years starting goalie at Huntington may very well be an excellent player, the other goalie who sat is currently a senior committed to play at UNC. I guess someone else thinks very highly of THAT young player.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not an Elevate fan for a why you stirring this up? While last years starting goalie at Huntington may very well be an excellent player, the other goalie who sat is currently a senior committed to play at UNC. I guess someone else thinks very highly of THAT young player.

Sounds like two good players, some programs would kill for that problem of two good goalies. Unfortunately it seemed like a matter of waiting your turn to play. From the sounds of it both are hugely talented, and you can't fault a coach for starting one over the other. To bad DK wasn't coaching at Holly Trinity last year, the girl could of went there to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, maybe not. The difference is one is being touted as the starting player at the D1 level after proving herself in fall games and on the practice field. While committing to UNC is a nice accomplishment ,no one knows the facts around it. Do not know the kid personally but their is the possibility that she is a great student and would have gotten in academically or that she wanted no money so why would the school not take a chance and have her commit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, maybe not. The difference is one is being touted as the starting player at the D1 level after proving herself in fall games and on the practice field. While committing to UNC is a nice accomplishment ,no one knows the facts around it. Do not know the kid personally but their is the possibility that she is a great student and would have gotten in academically or that she wanted no money so why would the school not take a chance and have her commit.

That whole statement is nonsensical BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed..total nonsense..i dislike DK like everyone else--if not more, but any kid who suits up on a UNC Lax team deserves every bit of plaudits that she has coming...the fact that Elevate was her travel program is a feather in the cap...maybe she got in because of her grades?...who gives a F--K?...she is playing D1 lax on one of the top teams in the country...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't work that way at the top programs. Call any of the top programs (by top I am talking top 20 to 30 or so) and tell the coach "hey, my daughter is a great student and I am not looking for a scholarship" and see what happens. They do not just commit kids because they have good grades and the parents are not looking for a scholarship. There is no need to carry dead wood especially at one of the best programs in the country.

The top 10 - 20 programs do not have any trouble filling their rosters with the girls that they "recruit". They also recruit more girls than they "offer" spots to. I would bet that if North Carolina offered her a spot she is pretty damn good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have had kids moved up for various sports for both boys and girls and the upperclassmen have never been an issue . Parents of upperclassmen have .

On a different note I recall a few very vocal Huntington parents bashing their coaches because they felt there was such an obvious bias toward certain club players etc especially at the goalie position . I just read the college rankings and see that the #4 ranked team in the country will be starting the true freshmen goalie that I believe is the player they all felt got such favoritism from her coach. I guess the former Huntington coach was not the only one who thinks so highly of this young player. If that is the case it kind of makes all the complaint by these Elevate people seem a lot less credible and also seems that a coach may have lost her job because of these nonsensical parents.

You are spot on with the parent being the issue, at least in the Sayville case. Who in their right mind goes on the internet stirring up trouble for 12 year old girls. Word has it the coaches know exactly who it is, only causing trouble for themselves really, or even sadder for their daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the starting goalie was a senior last year so why should she sit for a junior of equal talent? And I'm not saying they're equal. I don't know either of them. But JS knows goalies. He had the 2013 and 2014 D1 goalie of the year. And it was at SBU, not UNC. He builds his teams from the defense out. This young lady comes in as a freshman to unseat the starting goalie, a junior? She's got to be all that and a bag of chips. I'm sure the young lady your taking about its fantastic. But she's only committed to UNC and they probably will have 3 more on the team by the time she gets there. Will she be starting for UNC? Who knows, but I can tell you who is starting this year. Starting for the top defensive unit in the NCAA.

I bet you the former HTon coach feels pretty vindicated now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are spot on with the parent being the issue, at least in the Sayville case. Who in their right mind goes on the internet stirring up trouble for 12 year old girls. Word has it the coaches know exactly who it is, only causing trouble for themselves really, or even sadder for their daughter.

The coach doesn't care about this site. That's a joke. The whole situation is laughable and will work itself out in the spring. The girls in question are either going to help the team win OR they will play the game like they do now and try to run through defenders. That won't work against bigger, stronger better players. So they will have to learn to play a team game. Eventually that will help the team win. Maybe not this year or even next, but in future years it definitely will. The Sayville program has some very talented girls. There is a strong group in 10th grade and some very strong 11th graders; however, there is not much below the current 10th graders. The next best girls are these 7th graders. Are they ready for varsity? Who knows, it's not my call. The coach would probably prefer to get them in now to learn the system so that they can be his core in two years. It makes sense from a coaches perspective, but from a player/parent perspective it's a disaster. Let's see how it goes in the spring and leave this alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that both Newfield and Centereach independently on their own are Class A schools but they are allowed to combine for Girls Lacrosse as Middle Country? Newfield has 1379 students and Centereach has 1138. How is it possible that they do not have enough girls to field separate teams? Do they combine and then have cuts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was hoping all of this was a dead issue. Both goalies are great. If equal start the senior but the Junior could have had more work. As for the team overall, it was very talented individually but never played like a team. who's fault is that you can draw your own conclusions, but when a player is told to do something and they repeatedly do not do it. They should not play no matter how loud the parent is. Period. Particularly on a deep team. The elevate BS was a joke and all people who know the deal treated it that way. Let him go back to the High School where his kids have played. Not HHS scouting for talent. People aren't that stupid. This was also the first year that 7th graders played at the high school level. there were a few selected by the varsity head coach. Just so happens her daughter who is a good player is in that mix. One would think after an under-achieving season the year before the coach might have had the sense to keep her own kid in middle school for the season she wasn't a must option on JV. Certainly opened the coach to further speculation. You have to feel bad for all involved. Parents should learn, let the players play. If your kid is getting screwed over go to another school. Coaching selections should also have no family ties no matter how well handled, it always gives the people something to complain about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that both Newfield and Centereach independently on their own are Class A schools but they are allowed to combine for Girls Lacrosse as Middle Country? Newfield has 1379 students and Centereach has 1138. How is it possible that they do not have enough girls to field separate teams? Do they combine and then have cuts?

Lots of schools struggle to field 2 teams of girls lacrosse. Our school recruits 1st time players in the lunch room for JV because anyone that can throw and catch has already been pulled up to varsity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I brought the same up last year. Is it a budget thing either way it's BS. Same thing with upstate Lakeland/Panas and a few others. Power house programs getting stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop complain and have your school beat them. Both schools are under one umbrella. Middle Country. There's your answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I brought the same up last year. Is it a budget thing either way it's BS. Same thing with upstate Lakeland/Panas and a few others. Power house programs getting stronger.

Oh yeah because the $6,000 coaching salary can't be found in a $100 million school budget. Give me a break. They don't have enough interest, if they did they would have independent teams like every other sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop complain and have your school beat them. Both schools are under one umbrella. Middle Country. There's your answer.

Teams aren't meant to be district teams but school teams... Get it "school" teams. If not you would not need special dispensations for schools to merge in order to form a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of schools struggle to field 2 teams of girls lacrosse. Our school recruits 1st time players in the lunch room for JV because anyone that can throw and catch has already been pulled up to varsity!

Then don't field two teams. You are supposed to r fruit to field teams. Should be doing it during the MS years. Looking at gym classes.

Last I checked middle country has some very good players wonder what the mix of geographic location of the stars there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what are you going to do next year when Sachem combines

Then don't field two teams. You are supposed to r fruit to field teams. Should be doing it during the MS years. Looking at gym classes.

Last I checked middle country has some very good players wonder what the mix of geographic location of the stars there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...You are supposed to recruit...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

recruit in 9th grade? aren't they supposed to be able to play by then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach doesn't care about this site. That's a joke. The whole situation is laughable and will work itself out in the spring. The girls in question are either going to help the team win OR they will play the game like they do now and try to run through defenders. That won't work against bigger, stronger better players. So they will have to learn to play a team game. Eventually that will help the team win. Maybe not this year or even next, but in future years it definitely will. The Sayville program has some very talented girls. There is a strong group in 10th grade and some very strong 11th graders; however, there is not much below the current 10th graders. The next best girls are these 7th graders. Are they ready for varsity? Who knows, it's not my call. The coach would probably prefer to get them in now to learn the system so that they can be his core in two years. It makes sense from a coaches perspective, but from a player/parent perspective it's a disaster. Let's see how it goes in the spring and leave this alone.

Can't see how anyone would question what MR does. He's not my daughters coach and I don't live in Sayville but I wish he was and we wish we did but I'm not crazy enough to move our family for lacrosse. He's right up there with all the best high school coaches on LI and a really good person in addition to that. I just don't understand how any parent can question coaches of this kind of caliber. Whatever his strategy or plan is - it is to make his team stronger and win. If that involves 7th graders then so be it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

recruit in 9th grade? aren't they supposed to be able to play by then?

...recruit in the MS years...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If MC is struggling to field a team they why did they cut girls last year? It sound like they have enough girls to field two teams but choose not to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If MC is struggling to field a team they why did they cut girls last year? It sound like they have enough girls to field two teams but choose not to.

I never gave the topic much thought but you bring up a very good point. If they are cutting kids I think it needs to be addressed by Section XI. I am pretty sure the parents of the stronger players at Sachem East and West, Smithtown East and West and HHH East and west would be happy to combine in order to become more competitive.

No problem if they want to combine and field only one team but they should not have cuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I will go back to the budget and it is not just two coaches salaries like someone posted.

I never gave the topic much thought but you bring up a very good point. If they are cutting kids I think it needs to be addressed by Section XI. I am pretty sure the parents of the stronger players at Sachem East and West, Smithtown East and West and HHH East and west would be happy to combine in order to become more competitive.

No problem if they want to combine and field only one team but they should not have cuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so you remember, there were three D1 recruit goalies on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe his other goalies (he has three more) are not well thought of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like next year Huntington will be playing in the Class A division 2016-2017 season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was hoping all of this was a dead issue. Both goalies are great. If equal start the senior but the Junior could have had more work. As for the team overall, it was very talented individually but never played like a team. who's fault is that you can draw your own conclusions, but when a player is told to do something and they repeatedly do not do it. They should not play no matter how loud the parent is. Period. Particularly on a deep team.

So your saying huntington goalie played selfish and ignored the coaches , And the coach did nothing because the parents were loud ?

Disagree with that

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I was hoping all of this was a dead issue. Both goalies are great. If equal start the senior but the Junior could have had more work. As for the team overall, it was very talented individually but never played like a team. who's fault is that you can draw your own conclusions, but when a player is told to do something and they repeatedly do not do it. They should not play no matter how loud the parent is. Period. Particularly on a deep team.

So your saying huntington goalie played selfish and ignored the coaches , And the coach did nothing because the parents were loud ?

Disagree with that

Ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who said goalie, no one. The team overall was free lancing during games. Really difficult to even thing how a goalie would be seen as free lancing, except for perhaps on clears. Which is a whatever. Both goalies are extremely good players and will be team leaders on the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington ***** Really? I don't know who is posting all this crap but let the girls play lacrosse and let the coach coach.
Get a life dad!!!!'nnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is going to win suffolk class A this year please reply even though 99% of you do not have a clue !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows MC is the team to beat!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered