BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,246
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 70 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The fact is our kids are the better team if it was one game or 20 fact is s2s is on upswing express NO last year no this year watch

What does "express NO last year no this year watch" even mean?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When my older son was in 5th grade he was mediocre at best. I remember games where the coach "forgot " to put him in. Today he has surpassed every single kid on his 5th grade team and is a #1 recruit. So you people truly have no clue. You can say my son was the exception, however many of the top kids from 5th grade are NOT now! Lots will change over the next few years, relax !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When my older son was in 5th grade he was mediocre at best. I remember games where the coach "forgot " to put him in. Today he has surpassed every single kid on his 5th grade team and is a #1 recruit. So you people truly have no clue. You can say my son was the exception, however many of the top kids from 5th grade are NOT now! Lots will change over the next few years, relax !

Well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for whomever asked the question before bc they were curious as to how much other teams were practicing - looks like 2/3 week for top teams is within the norm. keep looking in the mirror if you feel 1x a week is plenty and the rest of us lying.

So it makes the kids better and turns the parents into dickheads. Got it. Thanks S2S dad.

You can say what you want about us but the truth hurts s2s will beat express hills

Never happen. All this BS would be put to rest if BM was still involved. Miss the intensity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact is our kids are the better team if it was one game or 20 fact is s2s is on upswing express NO last year no this year watch

S2S is made up a bunch of kids who played on M32 last year and the Badgers beat them in an epic game in Garden City. Badgers have what it takes to come back and beat any team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is 5th grade lacrosse, who cares.. There are only 2 questions that you need to answer. 1. Is your son having fun? 2. Is your son having fun? That is what it is about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be great if someone would start a league like they do in Maryland and Philly. The NXT Mid Atlantic league runs from March-May and club teams play a game every week against each other. 8 games and it would probably be an extra $200-$250 per player for the season. Bandits, Badgers, Warriors, S2S, Outlaws, Igloo all join and play each other and then the last 2 weeks would be playoffs. Someone can't find a way to make some money on that??? Seems like a no brainier???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S is made up a bunch of kids who played on M32 last year and the Badgers beat them in an epic game in Garden City. Badgers have what it takes to come back and beat any team.

You're making me Barf.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the thing S2S has been practicing multiple times per week and really playing well. Express right NOW being run like a town team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid really is on that team then I imagine you'll get him booted very quickly. [/quote]

There is no way this person is on s2s. His facts about them are all wrong. This is just someone who is trying to stir crap up. s2s has played a grand total of 4 games. They lost to badgers in pool play then beat them in championship. Could it have been beginner's luck? Maybe. We will see in the summer. But please don't think that it is a parent from s2s spewing all this nonsense. s2s just wants to be competitive and have fun - after all they are 10-11 year old kids. Let them be 10-11 year old kids...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed, a travel league like that is a great idea. wish we did that here in LI as that would likely put an end to much of the nonsense you see posted here. truthfully didn't know they did leagues like that in MD & PA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed, a travel league like that is a great idea. wish we did that here in LI as that would likely put an end to much of the nonsense you see posted here. truthfully didn't know they did leagues like that in MD & PA.

Yep, there's still complaining, of course, but it definitely keeps the kids engaged all spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a league like that a few years ago. If I remember correctly fields became the biggest issue in the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever it is, it must be working.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because S2S and Express pull from similar area for players doesn't mean there needs to be such venom.. If everyone is happy where your boy is playing Who cares what other teams are doing. S2s beat Express last time out, express could win next time. Kids improve kids decline

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take the pot roast on Tuesday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard they used sign-up genius for the gifts to the MBS baby shower bc remember, if you didn't show up (attendance was mandatory & taken) - parents could not "earn" playing time for their banditos. remember, nothing is given, it is earned as an earlier poster pointed out. hear that, sounds like crickets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get close game play by serving Manicotti on Sunday !

I'll take the pot roast on Tuesday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you still can't beat them? Maybe your boy isn't good enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No horse in the race. Obviously all false because if your kids were better you would be able to beat them or at least keep it within 10. The energy by Team Bitter should be spent on your boys development Man I thought the 2022 board was bad this one just screams "my boy isn't good enough " shut yer mouths and go beat them then you have a case

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
like you, no horse in this race but will admit I am an interested observer having watched the bandits from afar at tournaments. question for you though - do you draw your obvious conclusion that this is "all false" based on how many bandit parents have responded and refuted these statements of the extra-curricular" activities b/c as I've been reading, I still have not seen one post from a parent on the team claiming none of this nonsense actually happened. Which draws me to a different observation that this is actually "all true" and that parents can earn playing time by kissing up! so, again I ask - how did you come to the summation that this is all false? will challenge any parent from the team though to say these activities like decorating the coaches house, donating money to stonybrook womens lax, buying the coaches wife presents or having boys switch pal football teams to play for JS are not accurate b/c to the simple observer like the poster that doesn't have a horse in this race, certainly sounds like parents "earning" playing time with that. my 2 cents....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all sound ridiculous.
They win most games by 20, not because of special favors and special treatment. They play the best players the majority of the time. Their first line plays 75+% of the games. Even when the 2nd middie line goes in, many of the 1st line middies move to attack.
The are a talented bunch of kids. People seem to be leaving about playing time.
Find me a first line player leaving...
None are.
The ones leaving are 2nd line kids whose parents are starting to realize that trips to Florida and Colorado are not worth it if son is only getting minimal time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Years ago a couple of Crush daddies did some home improvements , So case closed if these statements are true or not.

like you, no horse in this race but will admit I am an interested observer having watched the bandits from afar at tournaments. question for you though - do you draw your obvious conclusion that this is "all false" based on how many bandit parents have responded and refuted these statements of the extra-curricular" activities b/c as I've been reading, I still have not seen one post from a parent on the team claiming none of this nonsense actually happened. Which draws me to a different observation that this is actually "all true" and that parents can earn playing time by kissing up! so, again I ask - how did you come to the summation that this is all false? will challenge any parent from the team though to say these activities like decorating the coaches house, donating money to stonybrook womens lax, buying the coaches wife presents or having boys switch pal football teams to play for JS are not accurate b/c to the simple observer like the poster that doesn't have a horse in this race, certainly sounds like parents "earning" playing time with that. my 2 cents....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have tunnel vision. I only care about my son. I don't care if he's on the best or worst team as long as he plays and gets better. Obviously, I want quality minutes at his position. As long as that happens, all is good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is amazing that all the kiss ups have kids that happen to be excellent lax players. I guess it is a coincidence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to buy a Bandit jersey. Are they for sale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ill take the bait. No one is responding because its a bunch of BS. Perfect example is two of second line mids are on his football team. the comments contradict each other as well. "people only play because they kiss up" BUT No one in 2023 can remotely touch them. SO which is it you kiss up for playing time , the best play, or perhaps your boy is not talented enough, which is ok find a team that works for him. If you would like the truth the truth is ALL the parents and players are very close and get along great. Go to dinner together the boys go to each others Birthdays and are genuine friends. IF your team doesnt provide that Im not suprised you do not understand this team concept. People come and people go I bet you all wish your sons team only had 18 players that can all play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For a father of a kid that plays the Bandits you people need to get a grip. My son talks all the time about beating the Bandits and we work together to make that a reality. Truth is the guy is a great coach love him or hate him that is the truth EVERY team he coaches wins all the time. That said Rise up people improve and teach your boy to outwork the person next to them! I have personally watched those boys play they all play team lacrosse It is a warm day get out there and go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really hope this is not the parent on the Bandits that was asked to leave the team because she coaches from the other sideline yelling at her son to not pass and score goals in another instance yelled at another boy on the team for not passing to her son. She also talked about paying her son for every goal he scored. Lets just say addition by subtraction from the sideline alone. What club havent those people played for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ill take the bait. No one is responding because its a bunch of BS. Perfect example is two of second line mids are on his football team. the comments contradict each other as well. "people only play because they kiss up" BUT No one in 2023 can remotely touch them. SO which is it you kiss up for playing time , the best play, or perhaps your boy is not talented enough, which is ok find a team that works for him. If you would like the truth the truth is ALL the parents and players are very close and get along great. Go to dinner together the boys go to each others Birthdays and are genuine friends. IF your team doesnt provide that Im not suprised you do not understand this team concept. People come and people go I bet you all wish your sons team only had 18 players that can all play

A certain atackman may have changed his football team to play for Sharks. He starts. Things like that are why people talk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes,all bandits parents & players get along great. didn't I see MBS and another players mom (who I thought was her best friend) taking swings at each other at a tournament in LI last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For a father of a kid that plays the Bandits you people need to get a grip. My son talks all the time about beating the Bandits and we work together to make that a reality. Truth is the guy is a great coach love him or hate him that is the truth EVERY team he coaches wins all the time. That said Rise up people improve and teach your boy to outwork the person next to them! I have personally watched those boys play they all play team lacrosse It is a warm day get out there and go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rich C, Kids playing football together is why they talk? PAL Football lolol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just catching up to this we all agree Bandits are best team in 2023 by a considerable amount. But in order to play you have to kiss butt? Come on people this argument is pathetic, also quite evident this is a parent whos boy could not cut it on the A squad. Thing to keep in mind is generally if a kid is not that good chances are daddy wasnt very good, it is science.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

truth here! life lessons

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Just catching up to this we all agree Bandits are best team in 2023 by a considerable amount. But in order to play you have to kiss butt? Come on people this argument is pathetic, also quite evident this is a parent whos boy could not cut it on the A squad. Thing to keep in mind is generally if a kid is not that good chances are daddy wasnt very good, it is science.

Coaches who give favors to [lacrosse] kissing parents do not win games. This theory is just ridiculous.

Instead they end up with some trash talking, jealous parents of not so talented players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Coaches who give favors to [lacrosse] kissing parents do not win games. This theory is just ridiculous.

Instead they end up with some trash talking, jealous parents of not so talented players.

Nailed it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello??!! Bandits mom here whose son left the team. Our departure has apparently triggered days and days of hideous exchanges on this site. WE have nothing to say other than WE made a decision which was in the best interest of our son. Why is it that all of YOU have so much to say, speculate and accuse?? Now you are insulting 11 year olds? YOU are all a bunch of pathetic trouble makers! Enough! Find something else to talk about and leave my son out of it! -LC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People get a grip. It's 5th grade. Bandits are very good because they are a well oiled machine. Wait until 8th 7/8 grade when half the team is different kids because the athletes will rise and JS will want them just like any other coach would do. Be prepared it will happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello??!! Bandits mom here whose son left the team. Our departure has apparently triggered days and days of hideous exchanges on this site. WE have nothing to say other than WE made a decision which was in the best interest of our son. Why is it that all of YOU have so much to say, speculate and accuse?? Now you are insulting 11 year olds? YOU are all a bunch of pathetic trouble makers! Enough! Find something else to talk about and leave my son out of it! -LC

I commend you for making that decision. I did the same with my son with a different club because his coach played politics. He is now better than anyone else on the team he left because he worked hard and practiced year round. He's a star on his new team and he loves lacrosse more than ever. Good luck with your sons future success.

Page 33 of 70 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard