BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 90 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
X plays attack

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NLF Futures was my first exposure to showcase games. Thought very well organized, but comment above regarding middies was spot on.

If FoGo's stay on and LSM's go on early offense (which I like, but not in showcases) and many early shots taken, just the function of math means there are very few minutes to be shared by normal middies.

My one critical comment for the event was that the coaches needed to manage middie PT better. I have no problem with a stud being played more at the end of the game, but that wasn't the problem - non-management was.

Agree, teams not well selected at all. There were too many of certain positions on some teams and none on others. Also on day two my son said the assistant coaches were nowhere to be found. They wrote evaluations that made no sense!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid who is not playing by the rules, reclassing for an advantage, should not be representing our country at a military Acadamy. This is wrong. A part of the problem in this country. Lack of morals, character and ethics. Don't even try to defend yourself. Those playing by the rules know it's true! Very sad!

This young man will be defending our country some day! Stop being bitter, you should be thanking him and his parents. Seriously, stop being so bitter.

I am sorry to say, if you look at many of the boys headed to the academies many do a Prep year at the military prep school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
X plays attack

Seriously????? Where does goalie play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
X plays attack

LOL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
X plays attack

Thats the kids name....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid who is not playing by the rules, reclassing for an advantage, should not be representing our country at a military Acadamy. This is wrong. A part of the problem in this country. Lack of morals, character and ethics. Don't even try to defend yourself. Those playing by the rules know it's true! Very sad!

This young man will be defending our country some day! Stop being bitter, you should be thanking him and his parents. Seriously, stop being so bitter.

I am sorry to say, if you look at many of the boys headed to the academies many do a Prep year at the military prep school.

No way. That's unfair. That means they are older and better than my on age son at Binghamton. Totally unfair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way. That's unfair. That means they are older and better than my on age son at Binghamton. Totally unfair.

But NAPS and MAPS boys are going the prep route as a decision because the School/Coach said they aren't ready. These kids aren't 2019s playing 2020.

And they still are not guaranteed admission at the Academies.

Totally not the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we put this into context for a second.....We are talking about a young man that is making a choice to enlist in the military and defend this country. Do you really think that the military will say "no thanks, you're not wanted....we heard you held back a year on your lacrosse club"

And as far as it being fair..... Life isn't fair!!! Oh, and just because he is a year older, doesn't mean he is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we put this into context for a second.....We are talking about a young man that is making a choice to enlist in the military and defend this country. Do you really think that the military will say "no thanks, you're not wanted....we heard you held back a year on your lacrosse club"

And as far as it being fair..... Life isn't fair!!! Oh, and just because he is a year older, doesn't mean he is better.

I don't really care about holdbacks playing college ball, or even high school for that matter! Holdbacks and pre-first does not belong in youth lax until they hit high school and college. If you want to hold a kid back, do it his after his freshman year of lax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you guys talking about the 2019 who committed to army? He is supposed to be 2018? Good for the kid. Big decision as a freshman. Very surprised army is doing that. I thought they waited to at least sohpmore year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you guys talking about the 2019 who committed to army? He is supposed to be 2018? Good for the kid. Big decision as a freshman. Very surprised army is doing that. I thought they waited to at least sohpmore year.

Sad for the state of our society. Yet another example of moral decline. Does anybody even know what honor and integrity even mean anymore? Earn it because you deserve it, then you can hold your head high and garnish respect from your community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush with 3 standouts at NLF according to recruiting rundown. Proving how balanced they are. As the 3 players that were standouts were not the "big 3"

I don't know who you think their "big 3" are, but I have see Crush play and the attack player and middies that were mentioned are clearly 2 of their top players.

NO MIDDIES WERE MENTIONED FROM CRUSH--11 middies per team---playing time was tough to come by
Other than Oneil there weren't many standouts. Terrible lacrosse, 11 mids on many teams, made playing time a joke. Most kids don't now how to play in a system and it showed.

Of course the lacrosse was terrible, it was nothing by a giant money grab. Of course, there a guys out there that actually think because their kid played there they are the "top 400" in the country! lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course the lacrosse was terrible, it was nothing by a giant money grab. Of course, there a guys out there that actually think because their kid played there they are the "top 400" in the country! lol [/quote]
Crush with 3 standouts at NLF according to recruiting rundown. Proving how balanced they are. As the 3 players that were standouts were not the "big 3"

I don't know who you think their "big 3" are, but I have see Crush play and the attack player and middies that were mentioned are clearly 2 of their top players.

NO MIDDIES WERE MENTIONED FROM CRUSH--11 middies per team---playing time was tough to come by
Other than Oneil there weren't many standouts. Terrible lacrosse, 11 mids on many teams, made playing time a joke. Most kids don't now how to play in a system and it showed.

Of course the lacrosse was terrible, it was nothing by a giant money grab. Of course, there a guys out there that actually think because their kid played there they are the "top 400" in the country! lol

I love how every single lacrosse event is a MONEY GRAB.

I have zero affiliation with any of these, but the reality is these are showcases ... nobody is going to these expecting beautiful lacrosse. Showcase = selfish, more aggressive play. Plain and simple. You're out there to get noticed, not blend in and hope you don't get called out.

And yes, if your kid is getting written up at high caliber events -- guess what, he's pretty damn good RIGHT NOW. Be proud of your son's accomplishments, but know the work hasn't even truly begun. Talent is talent, and it's obvious to many when you see standout kids ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have zero affiliation with any of these, but the reality is these are showcases ... nobody is going to these expecting beautiful lacrosse. Showcase = selfish, more aggressive play. Plain and simple. You're out there to get noticed, not blend in and hope you don't get called out.

And yes, if your kid is getting written up at high caliber events -- guess what, he's pretty damn good RIGHT NOW. Be proud of your son's accomplishments, but know the work hasn't even truly begun. Talent is talent, and it's obvious to many when you see standout kids ... [/quote]

I think the point is that the event first of all was billed as a showcase but run as a tournament. A showcase picks all star teams to compete in a "Championship" . Showcases have college coaches watching. There were noNE except the ones being paid to be there. But the biggest problem was, the teams were not selected properly. Some had way to many kids at certain positions, making it nearly impossible to "standout" when the kids barely saw the field! This probably happened due to greed. They took to many kids for 600 a pop, then just threw them on teams. Poorly run money grab!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about, many Cadets who do not play sports (wait all cadets must play a sport), do a prep year regardless of Lacrosse or football Frisbee. Why for a moment would you call out a service academy student. They do not compare to the rest of the population.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about, many Cadets who do not play sports (wait all cadets must play a sport), do a prep year regardless of Lacrosse or football Frisbee. Why for a moment would you call out a service academy student. They do not compare to the rest of the population.

I think the criticism is about playing down as a youth to gain an unfair advantage. That part is unethical and unrelated to the "point" you ate attempting to make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the criticism is about playing down as a youth to gain an unfair advantage. That part is unethical and unrelated to the "point" you ate attempting to make.

understood but with the service academies many freshman are entering as older than typical freshman. I understand and despise the hold back scenario but to point out a child who decides on an academy should be off limits. I'd rather we say good luck and thanks in advance. but that is one persons opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yes, if your kid is getting written up at high caliber events -- guess what, he's pretty damn good RIGHT NOW. Be proud of your son's accomplishments, but know the work hasn't even truly begun. Talent is talent, and it's obvious to many when you see standout kids ...

I think the point is that the event first of all was billed as a showcase but run as a tournament. A showcase picks all star teams to compete in a "Championship" . Showcases have college coaches watching. There were noNE except the ones being paid to be there. But the biggest problem was, the teams were not selected properly. Some had way to many kids at certain positions, making it nearly impossible to "standout" when the kids barely saw the field! This probably happened due to greed. They took to many kids for 600 a pop, then just threw them on teams. Poorly run money grab![/quote]

I thought it was well run except for PT in games. Quality of players and skill was very high. General consensus among parents was that usually there is a soggy bottom of 50% or 25%, etc., of weaker players at events and at NLF Futures that soggy bottom might have been more like 5-10%. Again, though, if your kid was a middie, it was tough to get enough runs to get in the flow because of how much the face-off guys and LSM's were on the field.

I think they could have also added another skill session in the form of small-sided play. Evaluations would also have been far more valuable if they included observation of the skill sessions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point is that the event first of all was billed as a showcase but run as a tournament. A showcase picks all star teams to compete in a "Championship" . Showcases have college coaches watching. There were noNE except the ones being paid to be there. But the biggest problem was, the teams were not selected properly. Some had way to many kids at certain positions, making it nearly impossible to "standout" when the kids barely saw the field! This probably happened due to greed. They took to many kids for 600 a pop, then just threw them on teams. Poorly run money grab![/quote]

you paid 600 to tryout to be invited to a showcase event which will cost another 600. If you went down there with your son with any more expectations than a weekend in the sun and some quality reps for your kid - you deserve to have your money grabbed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the first 20 players drafted to the MLL over the weekend: six transferred in college, three changed commitments in HS and four PG'ed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point is that the event first of all was billed as a showcase but run as a tournament. A showcase picks all star teams to compete in a "Championship" . Showcases have college coaches watching. There were noNE except the ones being paid to be there. But the biggest problem was, the teams were not selected properly. Some had way to many kids at certain positions, making it nearly impossible to "standout" when the kids barely saw the field! This probably happened due to greed. They took to many kids for 600 a pop, then just threw them on teams. Poorly run money grab!

you paid 600 to tryout to be invited to a showcase event which will cost another 600. If you went down there with your son with any more expectations than a weekend in the sun and some quality reps for your kid - you deserve to have your money grabbed [/quote]

Maybe I do. Just wish it was better organized!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The young man being discussed is in high school and not a youth player. I don't know him but his commitment to a service academy alone puts him on a level far higher than those the pontificate anonymously on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Kids" in 9th grade are not HS lax players yet as their first season has not started. If a kid is in 9th but supposed to be in 10th, and is willingly playing down on club teams, that shows a lack of integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Kids" in 9th grade are not HS lax players yet as their first season has not started. If a kid is in 9th but supposed to be in 10th, and is willingly playing down on club teams, that shows a lack of integrity.

Just to get off this topic already, are a lot of boys from LI heading down to Florida?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps, but our son (a true 2017 who has committed to play at a service academy) was told by the academy coach that he will be applying for direct admission for the Class of 2021 - he will not be going the prep route.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to get off this topic already, are a lot of boys from LI heading down to Florida?

No need, if your kid is good enough they will receive a direct invite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A direct invite to what, unless they changed the rules - no direct invites for Jake Reed. but we have all learned rules were made to be broken

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A direct invite to what, unless they changed the rules - no direct invites for Jake Reed. but we have all learned rules were made to be broken

Trust me, I know some kids that have already been told they can expect one. It's who you know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me, I know some kids that have already been told they can expect one. It's who you know!

would that be the hold backs that went last year or the year before that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was the other Crush Standout? Heard it was a defensemen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was the other Crush Standout? Heard it was a defensemen.

Ok dad if anyone wants to know they'll find it and read it. Shameless plug

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps, but our son (a true 2017 who has committed to play at a service academy) was told by the academy coach that he will be applying for direct admission for the Class of 2021 - he will not be going the prep route.

True 2017, but maybe on the older side of the spectrum. Either way, a big Congrats to your son and thank him in advance for picking this path. Good luck this season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are their rising freshmen directs this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes there are direct invites for 2020s to JR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No there are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No there are not.

There definitely are. I know of kids told they can expect one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They still have to attend the tryout in florida. Only rising sophomore and above can get direct invites

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They still have to attend the tryout in florida. Only rising sophomore and above can get direct invites

Ok, keep believe what the lacrosse gods tell you. Sheep!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently there are several coaches that JR will take recommendations from that result in a direct invite. This includes 2020s.

Page 54 of 90 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard