BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I could've picked For my daughter I think I would've been happy if a school like Rollins offered her and she picked them. D2, Florida, high academics. As it turned out she picked a D1 school in the CAA. But, I think a high academic D2 school is an almost perfect situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question. And yes there is no "right" answer. But if your daughter could likely see the field at any college lax program in the country, where would you want her to attend?

I know everyone can answer "wherever the best fit is ... wherever she is comfortable ... wherever she'd be happy if lax weren't in the equation etc."

Putting aside those boiler plate answers, pick a school. Would it have the balance of a potential National Championship and great academics, would it have the absolute best academics with likely no/small chance at winning it all? Would it be best lax program bar none? Just curious.

My daughter likely doesn't have this luxury, but I was just curious what people think.

I think I would say Duke, Northwestern ...but then I think, could you really say no to Princeton, Stanford or Harvard? And then I wonder what the awesome experience at a Maryland or UNC must be like for those girls and I go in circles.

What do you say?

I would say it's not your decision...it is your daughters. Visit the school multiple times and have her make the choice. All the schools mentioned are great, but it has to be the right fit for your daughter athletically and more important academically. Let's not forget socially either, the feel and the atmosphere has to feel right for her. She can visit many times before making a decision. Good luck to her!

You're an [lacrosse]. if you think for a minute you have no part in the decision you are wrong. You still paying! It has to be a good fit for the person yes but the poster clearly asks put all of those in a vacuum answers away and give an answer.

STAN UNC DUKE USC (warm weather for us). Notre Dame Any Ivy Lousiville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jj
Anyone who runs a CLUB program whether it be lacrosse, soccer etc is in it for the almighty dollar at the end of the day. Anyone that states otherwise is full of BS. With that said, my daughter played with Elevate for a few years. It started out great, DK preaching family values, "Elevating the girls" etc etc but it quickly became more and more a money grab from every angle. Costs for HUB winter league's were exorbitantly inflated with rosters of 20+ kids. Offseason practices (Fall/Winter) were ZERO unless you were paying for skill clinics run mostly by DK at the HUB. The only practices you received here were a few right before your first tournament followed by one to two practices per week while you completed the 4 tournaments. By the time the team gels the season is over. This is followed by additional money grabs such as the end of the year Award$ dinner, pre-tryout mini camp$ and then tryout$.

While I can't comment about any "honest" clubs out there, my daughter has moved on and they have already had more practices from fall to date than probably the past 2 years combined at Elevate. Since DK lost the relationship with the HUB as well as field space in CSH, go ask the 2019 girls what they are doing this Winter. They are scrambling to put practice sessions and teams together on their own in order to get themselves ready for their freshmen season. I was a "Buyer" here unfortunately for one too many seasons and would tell anyone to "Beware" that you get little value for the money you spend here.

Anyone that disputes what I said above please back it up with facts that support Elevate is doing otherwise for the girls smile

I am most curious what club you moved to. It seems you are happy now and so this is good information to know. Thankyou.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. And yes there is no "right" answer. But if your daughter could likely see the field at any college lax program in the country, where would you want her to attend?

I know everyone can answer "wherever the best fit is ... wherever she is comfortable ... wherever she'd be happy if lax weren't in the equation etc."

Putting aside those boiler plate answers, pick a school. Would it have the balance of a potential National Championship and great academics, would it have the absolute best academics with likely no/small chance at winning it all? Would it be best lax program bar none? Just curious.

My daughter likely doesn't have this luxury, but I was just curious what people think.

I think I would say Duke, Northwestern ...but then I think, could you really say no to Princeton, Stanford or Harvard? And then I wonder what the awesome experience at a Maryland or UNC must be like for those girls and I go in circles.

What do you say?

I would say it's not your decision...it is your daughters. Visit the school multiple times and have her make the choice. All the schools mentioned are great, but it has to be the right fit for your daughter athletically and more important academically. Let's not forget socially either, the feel and the atmosphere has to feel right for her. She can visit many times before making a decision. Good luck to her!

You're an [lacrosse]. if you think for a minute you have no part in the decision you are wrong. You still paying! It has to be a good fit for the person yes but the poster clearly asks put all of those in a vacuum answers away and give an answer.

3 USC's and a Stanford. Sounds like Cali is on the rise. Interesting that no one has picked Northwestern yet. Is it weather? Or do you think the Amonte magic is gone?

I enjoy a discussion like this much more than the nasty stuff. Anyone with daughters at any of these places? What's the actual experience?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather, big time sports, and a program on the rise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And "straight outa Compton"!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dk took a 1000 dollars from me and will not give a refund. He said the money is non-refundable !
Can I sue him in small claims court ?
Is Elevate a corporation or a non-profit ?
I checked the NYS corp website and its not listed ?

Does anyone have information that may help?

Is it true DK was hired to coach a HS team? If so, does that mean he can no longer hang around our HS games and berate the coaches and program? Any truth to this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And "straight outa Compton"!

Liberal nirvana.......and on other side of country. No thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you say?

3 USC's and a Stanford. Sounds like Cali is on the rise. Interesting that no one has picked Northwestern yet. Is it weather? Or do you think the Amonte magic is gone?

I enjoy a discussion like this much more than the nasty stuff. Anyone with daughters at any of these places? What's the actual experience?

Other programs have caught up and Northwestern has a reputation of only allowing girls to take certain majors and the weather is chilly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubtful that a school district would hire DK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC, no brainer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy trinity in hicshvilke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy Trinity just did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls or boys lax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will regret that hire soon enough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head Coach for Girls Varsity???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they churn through coaches pretty quick. They don't pay and all the athletes are at the other catholics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if true.... if anyone can sell a program, its DK so for that purpose alone, its a home run for Holy Trinity...works for him too as he will get full use of a private school facility to run Elevate and his various $$programs...if it were a public school, he would have problems getting facility for his exclusive use...nice work, DK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if true.... if anyone can sell a program, its DK so for that purpose alone, its a home run for Holy Trinity...works for him too as he will get full use of a private school facility to run Elevate and his various $$programs...if it were a public school, he would have problems getting facility for his exclusive use...nice work, DK

And add on the $$$$s he will make from the HT kids that will join Elevate so they get playing time at HT. Money, money, money! He could take that job for free just given the fields they will give him for elevate which he will make money off of and the additional kids that will join elevate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you say?

Other programs have caught up and Northwestern has a reputation of only allowing girls to take certain majors and the weather is chilly!

What do you say?

Roster majors don't seem to be that way ... See a few Pre-med and few engineers, including a player who started every game. Seems like most top places r like that. Just looked at Stanford too. Only a couple "real" majors there. Other than Ivies, who doesn't steer majors?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who runs a CLUB program whether it be lacrosse, soccer etc is in it for the almighty dollar at the end of the day. Anyone that states otherwise is full of BS. With that said, my daughter played with Elevate for a few years. It started out great, DK preaching family values, "Elevating the girls" etc etc but it quickly became more and more a money grab from every angle. Costs for HUB winter league's were exorbitantly inflated with rosters of 20+ kids. Offseason practices (Fall/Winter) were ZERO unless you were paying for skill clinics run mostly by DK at the HUB. The only practices you received here were a few right before your first tournament followed by one to two practices per week while you completed the 4 tournaments. By the time the team gels the season is over. This is followed by additional money grabs such as the end of the year Award$ dinner, pre-tryout mini camp$ and then tryout$.

While I can't comment about any "honest" clubs out there, my daughter has moved on and they have already had more practices from fall to date than probably the past 2 years combined at Elevate. Since DK lost the relationship with the HUB as well as field space in CSH, go ask the 2019 girls what they are doing this Winter. They are scrambling to put practice sessions and teams together on their own in order to get themselves ready for their freshmen season. I was a "Buyer" here unfortunately for one too many seasons and would tell anyone to "Beware" that you get little value for the money you spend here.

Anyone that disputes what I said above please back it up with facts that support Elevate is doing otherwise for the girls smile

Sounds like an honest, non-bomb throwing assessment. We are making a move for my younger daughter next year if things don't improve with her current team, and (if you feel comfortable with it) could you share what team you chose that is better than Elevate? (If not, I understand not wanting to create a SH*& storm on the thread). I was looking into Elevate, YJ or maybe Legacy.

Heard the Elevate college bus tour was like a mini van tour as there were no girls. Heard they had like 7 or 8 kids. That is a far cry from where they were 2 years ago. Amazing how far they have fallen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like an honest, non-bomb throwing assessment. We are making a move for my younger daughter next year if things don't improve with her current team, and (if you feel comfortable with it) could you share what team you chose that is better than Elevate? (If not, I understand not wanting to create a SH*& storm on the thread). I was looking into Elevate, YJ or maybe Legacy.

Heard the Elevate college bus tour was like a mini van tour as there were no girls. Heard they had like 7 or 8 kids. That is a far cry from where they were 2 years ago. Amazing how far they have fallen!

Why do you care? Strange that you obsess about a group of girls going to vis it colleges. Worry about your own kids business!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care? Strange that you obsess about a group of girls going to vis it colleges. Worry about your own kids business!

Would have to agree, what does it matter to you? Don't play for elevate but I think that's a great idea and probably a lot of fun. Sounds like a great way to expose even younger age girls to college campuses. Not sure what your beef is with these guys but I think it's time to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soooooo funny. I have a picture in my mind of DK pulling up with a few girls to a major college with the minivan all decked out in Elevate colors, bumper stickers and the Elevate logo on the side of the van. In all seriousness, a lot of people have dropped Elevate for various reasons. It will be a challenge to rebuild what they had a couple of years back. Not sure what changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karma. In life you get what you deserve

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers are down everywhere in travel lacrosse. Seems to have peaked about 2 years ago. Parents are on to the next hot thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers are down everywhere in travel lacrosse. Seems to have peaked about 2 years ago. Parents are on to the next hot thing

Not sure I would agree that overall numbers are down but there are more clubs and startups then ever before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure I would agree that overall numbers are down but there are more clubs and startups then ever before.

definitely a better more competitive landscape on LI a year or 2 ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Competitive on LI. Name one club from 17s down to 22s that can beat YJ ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grrrr...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

definitely a better more competitive landscape on LI a year or 2 ago

To clarify, I don't think the landscape on LI is more competitive than 2 years ago. I think the competition for business for directors of girls lax clubs is more competitive. I think the competition has been watered down. So clubs like Elevate are not only losing girls to other clubs like Icon, Legacy, Igloo, etc. who are new, but Elevate has to settle for less skilled players just to fill the rosters and keep the $$$$ coming in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the top 5 2019 teams you have seen.

Here are mine:

M&D
Hero's
Skywalkers
Yellow Jackets
Mass Elite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO You are so wrong. Don't you Know it is

1)YJ 1
2)YJ 2
3)YJ 3
4)YJ 4

5) Everyone else

You clearly have not been paying attention

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO You are so wrong. Don't you Know it is

1)YJ 1
2)YJ 2
3)YJ 3
4)YJ 4

5) Everyone else

You clearly have not been paying attention

That's correct for Long Island, but poster is correct when you include the rest of the northeast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't call it a fluke when they beat em back to back....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would include Capital on this list. Best team in DMV and a number of commits already...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would include Capital on this list. Best team in DMV and a number of commits already...

Ok fair enough. Any others want to chime in?

Where would you slot Capital among the Maryland teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D
Capital
TLC or Skywalkers

Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard