BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 327 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic ,either offer up some proof ie a video of the so called thugs instead of your speculation that they must be dirty because some kids have gotten hurt while playing against them, are you really that ignorant.Feel free to watch some YJ games from last year at the U15 championships , did not see any dirty play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the ref in your case made the correct call if they did not see it they cannot make the call and should not make the call. The more obvious point being where are all these moronic drama queens with this incident, none of them are calling for an investigation or crying about rough play simply because there was no YJ involvement .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just because a girl got hit in the head does not clearly mean there was intent. granted should have been a call ref definetly missed something, they are not perfect. this weekend my daughter hit a girl in the head on what should have been called a dangerous shot or follow thru, it was not there clearly was no intent as daughter explained girl slid in from blind side and she did not see her until it was to late. I explained that she needs to be more cognizant of whats going on around her so that this does not happen again. I believe the refs need to concentrate more on the on ball activities then worrying about some of the other lesser non safety fouls that they so much like to call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Why wasn't the girl issued a red card if this was so blatantly clear to all ? Oh because it was not the impression of the nationally rated official on that game. No red card issues because they felt there was absolutely no malicious intent whatsoever. So it was not clearly a deliberate hit at all.

I saw a girl (no YJ involvement) take a hit to the head that required stitches this weekend. Refs called nothing and allowed the goal. Ref apologized to her mom, saying, "Sorry, Mom, I didn't see it so I couldn't make the call." The girl is dripping blood, obviously she got hit, ref wouldn't make the call.

The point being refs are not perfect (quite possibly the understatment of the year). If the ref didn't see the hit, or wasn't sure, perhaps he/she wasn't comfortable making the call (which sounds ridiculous but there you have it).

So from my POV, saying there was no intent because the ref didn't make the call is not an argument that holds water 100%. I wasn't there, I didn't see the play, all I'm saying is refs make mistakes so your argument has flaws.

What team did that girl play for? Maybe these idiots want to crusify that girl/team/organization!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic ,either offer up some proof ie a video of the so called thugs instead of your speculation that they must be dirty because some kids have gotten hurt while playing against them, are you really that ignorant.Feel free to watch some YJ games from last year at the U15 championships , did not see any dirty play.

To be fair, the team is very physical and aggressive. They are intimidating and have very talented athletes. Are they the best anymore? It's up for debate. The fact is, that teams and girls progress and mature at different rates/ages....The best/fastest kids at 12 years old might not be at so at 15 years old. It's possible some kids from these other programs have caught up and even surpassed the girls on the YJ club...There is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps it will motivate some of their girls to work harder and improve their skills....

Good luck to them and all LI teams in FL!!!! You parents all should be proud of the girls....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember about Karma my friend......what goes around comes around.......if it was your family member you may have a different point of view !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wasn't the girl issued a red card if this was so blatantly clear to all ? Oh because it was not the impression of the nationally rated official on that game. No red card issues because they felt there was absolutely no malicious intent whatsoever. So it was not clearly a deliberate hit at all.

I saw a girl (no YJ involvement) take a hit to the head that required stitches this weekend. Refs called nothing and allowed the goal. Ref apologized to her mom, saying, "Sorry, Mom, I didn't see it so I couldn't make the ca

I heard that it was in fact a yj player guest playing on that team and that she used hidden nunchucks to strike the girls head while screamin "cr made me do this"

Actually i personally witnessed this and i played d1 lacrosse for 7 years so you know im trustworthy. Oh, and the refs werent even on the field for this game.

ll." The girl is dripping blood, obviously she got hit, ref wouldn't make the call.

The point being refs are not perfect (quite possibly the understatment of the year). If the ref didn't see the hit, or wasn't sure, perhaps he/she wasn't comfortable making the call (which sounds ridiculous but there you have it).

So from my POV, saying there was no intent because the ref didn't make the call is not an argument that holds water 100%. I wasn't there, I didn't see the play, all I'm saying is refs make mistakes so your argument has flaws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ref clearly saw the play admitted to seeing the play and deemed it unintentional. Does that help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair, the team is very physical and aggressive. They are intimidating and have very talented athletes. Are they the best anymore? It's up for debate. The fact is, that teams and girls progress and mature at different rates/ages....The best/fastest kids at 12 years old might not be at so at 15 years old. It's possible some kids from these other programs have caught up and even surpassed the girls on the YJ club...There is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps it will motivate some of their girls to work harder and improve their skills....

Good luck to them and all LI teams in FL!!!! You parents all should be proud of the girls....

Here the problem with Pete M and the Yellow Jackets. I have been watching Pete M for years since our girls were in 5th grade. His daughter always played out in Mt Sinai in the winter and is the nicest girl you want to meet. What I have always notice is that his team and the girls he coaches when losing always reverted to stop the play take the foul and stop the play to get better position. Checking the girls stick when stick checking is not allowed. So the result is 11 year old girl learning how to intimidate on the field. Now as the girls get older intimidation factor multiplies and goes to full body check. Such as what happen in the Skywalker game. The girl probability knows what she did was wrong but she did what she was trained to do and that was stop the play. What Pete M did was teach these kids how to Bully on the field and it is very wrong. You’re correct this will fade because at this age and with good parental support we are teaching our kids to stand up to bullies and only then they will fade away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if the ref saw the play and deemed it unintentional, that does not negate the foul and or the issuing of a yc or rc. (foul does not have to be intentional for either)It is simply negligent on the girls part. As an outsider's view it seems that there are a awful lot of unfortunate things that happen to this team. However the lack of video speaks volumes about what may or may not have happened. Do you really think the ref woudl say "it was an intentional foul" or the deemed it intentional.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget red cards.......there is a HUGE liability issue for the tournament directors, field owner, players parents and the players organization. If there was any intent to injure, there is the real possibilty of law suit/litigation. Girls/boys carrying a stick which can be used as a weapon is a problem waiting to happen. Without proper coaching/parenting this will be a problem in the future.
Read the waiver that you sign for every tourney, they have zero liability - you signed off on that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is cross between DANCE MOMS and the HOUSEWIVES OF WHEREEVER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous

Here the problem with Pete M and the Yellow Jackets. I have been watching Pete M for years since our girls were in 5th grade. His daughter always played out in Mt Sinai in the winter and is the nicest girl you want to meet. What I have always notice is that his team and the girls he coaches when losing always reverted to stop the play take the foul and stop the play to get better position. Checking the girls stick when stick checking is not allowed. So the result is 11 year old girl learning how to intimidate on the field. Now as the girls get older intimidation factor multiplies and goes to full body check. Such as what happen in the Skywalker game. The girl probability knows what she did was wrong but she did what she was trained to do and that was stop the play. What Pete M did was teach these kids how to Bully on the field and it is very wrong. You’re correct this will fade because at this age and with good parental support we are teaching our kids to stand up to bullies and only then they will fade away.
Get over yourself .Talk about someone who wants to hear themselves talk,blah blah bully blah blah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over yourself .Talk about someone who wants to hear themselves talk,blah blah bully blah blah

You must have been a bully when you were a kid. You were starved of attention because you have no point, Blah Blah Blah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there was a video and CR & coaches have seen it. if it was an accident then why not share it and put this to bed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the conspiracy nut-jobs begin, they would post it but it is being kept in area 51 with the uncut version of the Zapruda film

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiver???? Do you really think that signing that stupid piece of paper protects anyone!!!! Get real!!!! It is not hard to imagine that at some point a parent, child, tournament director, club director etc will have to hire attorneys to defend themselves as a result of a devestating injury suffered by a player. Accident? Insurance will assign a liability percentage and go after the entity with the depest pockets. Intentional? That litigation will get nasty. Dont think it can happen? We will see.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Waiver???? Do you really think that signing that stupid piece of paper protects anyone!!!! Get real!!!! It is not hard to imagine that at some point a parent, child, tournament director, club director etc will have to hire attorneys to defend themselves as a result of a devestating injury suffered by a player. Accident? Insurance will assign a liability percentage and go after the entity with the depest pockets. Intentional? That litigation will get nasty. Dont think it can happen? We will see.

Didn't a parent call the police during the Stony Brook tournament last fall (or early spring?)? I wasn't there but I remember hearing about it. The parent felt his daughter was assaulted on the field and wanted action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't a parent call the police during the Stony Brook tournament last fall (or early spring?)? I wasn't there but I remember hearing about it. The parent felt his daughter was assaulted on the field and wanted action.

When push comes to shove, both clubs, both teams coaches, the tournament they are playing in, the owner of the fields and the players in question. EVERYONE gets served and see what sticks!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parent in question did call police; after being told that his daughter was PUNCHED in the jaw by an opposing player. If that is so.....then police action was warranted. However......the alleged assailant and her parents and her team did a . great job of circling the wagons and no legal action was taken. It was later learned that the alleged had committed to a D3 school and feared the loss of her roster spot. To punch an opposing player then fail to admit it is despicable upon all parties involved. If any of my players who do such an act; they are on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parent in question did call police; after being told that his daughter was PUNCHED in the jaw by an opposing player. If that is so.....then police action was warranted. However......the alleged assailant and her parents and her team did a . great job of circling the wagons and no legal action was taken. It was later learned that the alleged had committed to a D3 school and feared the loss of her roster spot. To punch an opposing player then fail to admit it is despicable upon all parties involved. If any of my players who do such an act; they are on their own.

What does this have to do with the Skywalker game last week other than a girl getting hurt? Are you suggesting the cops should have been call for assault? If that’s what you are suggesting I may agree with you. What does US Lacrosse say about this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about what US Lacrosse has to say!! Be concerned about a judgement in a lawsuit. A long term injury to a player caused by reckless or intentional play of another can and I bet someday result in a lawsuit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at the end of the day colleges want them and they end up going where ever they want 2015s are a great year and i can't wait to see where all of them end up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you think you know so much about us yellow jackets stop hiding behind that computer and stop clicking anonymous. tell this to our faces

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i just want to add that yellow jackets have won the U-15s for the past two years which were all with modified checking, so no one should be complaining that they are only taught to check

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reply relative to the Stony Brook incident had nothing to do with the YJ/Skywalker incident. But it does reveal the win at all costs and the behavior of certain players when college coaches are present. This rarely if never occurs during Sec. XI games. A poster speculated on the incident and the reply just provided clarity.And yes; if an assault occurs, the law enforcement intervention is indeed necessary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the YJ are hypnotized to attack when they hear the song "Relax" from Frankie Goes to Hollywood - like in the movie "Zoolander" and kill the prime minister of Malaysia

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What came of that? NOTHING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i just want to add that yellow jackets have won the U-15s for the past two years which were all with modified checking, so no one should be complaining that they are only taught to check

Why can't all summer (and HS games for that matter) be played with modified checking rules and stringent 3 second or 2 second rule on a "checkable" stick? Wouldnt that in many cases eliminate many of the uncontrollable stick checks around the head? Granted the defense would be at a disadvantage but the game would have fewer whistles (especially during transition) and girls would be able to play the game without fear of getting a head shot. All of this aggressive play is going to lead to helmets for the girls and if I want to see body checking and swinging sticks then I can go watch a boys game for my fix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the YJ are hypnotized to attack when they hear the song "Relax" from Frankie Goes to Hollywood - like in the movie "Zoolander" and kill the prime minister of Malaysia

LMAO!! Either that or Keyser Soze (Usual Suspects) has put together this team of 14 year old criminals to carry out his sinister plan to wipe out all other 2015 girls lax teams!... and of course kill the prime minister of Malasia!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't all summer (and HS games for that matter) be played with modified checking rules and stringent 3 second or 2 second rule on a "checkable" stick? Wouldnt that in many cases eliminate many of the uncontrollable stick checks around the head? Granted the defense would be at a disadvantage but the game would have fewer whistles (especially during transition) and girls would be able to play the game without fear of getting a head shot. All of this aggressive play is going to lead to
helmets for the girls and if I want to see body checking and swinging sticks then I can go watch a boys game for my fix.

I believe you are incorrect the U15 championship is full checking , using modified checking is ridiculous at the older age groups, would be impossible to play defense, hard enough as is.Give them some form of helmet , increase the penalty for stick to head contact ie. remove offending player for rest of game,3 minutes man down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe you are incorrect the U15 championship is full checking , using modified checking is ridiculous at the older age groups, would be impossible to play defense, hard enough as is.Give them some form of helmet , increase the penalty for stick to head contact ie. remove offending player for rest of game,3 minutes man down.

If you start adding helmets you start down a slippery slope. Gloves and armpads will be next and you will then have a sport full of Bulls mowing each other over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you start adding helmets you start down a slippery slope. Gloves and armpads will be next and you will then have a sport full of Bulls mowing each other over.

whoever said have the penalties progree to an ejection or additional penalty minutes was on to something. Treat it a little like basketball. If you want to hack everytime someone goes to the cage then be prepared to exit the game early. Nobody wants to be sent off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't all summer (and HS games for that matter) be played with modified checking rules and stringent 3 second or 2 second rule on a "checkable" stick? Wouldnt that in many cases eliminate many of the uncontrollable stick checks around the head? Granted the defense would be at a disadvantage but the game would have fewer whistles (especially during transition) and girls would be able to play the game without fear of getting a head shot. All of this aggressive play is going to lead to
helmets for the girls and if I want to see body checking and swinging sticks then I can go watch a boys game for my fix.

That sounds reasonable except it will only promote more of the acting that is already ruining the game! I don't think I can stomache watching more girls grab their head when the stick isn't near them! If you do that you will need to start hiring drama coaches for every coaching staff!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO!! Either that or Keyser Soze (Usual Suspects) has put together this team of 14 year old criminals to carry out his sinister plan to wipe out all other 2015 girls lax teams!... and of course kill the prime minister of Malasia!!

That's funny huh. I bet the injured girl thinks so too. The facts and chronic occurrences of unsportsmanlike play are overwhelming. You can keep deflecting the focus and make jokes and point to D1 placement lists but the fact remains your club as a whole garner zero respect from the entire lacrosse community. Trust me when I say the college coaches and US lacrosse have taken notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds reasonable except it will only promote more of the acting that is already ruining the game! I don't think I can stomache watching more girls grab their head when the stick isn't near them! If you do that you will need to start hiring drama coaches for every coaching staff!

It is modified checking at U -15!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree the grabbing of the head is getting out of hand. But helmets will only increase stick swinging. I thought concussions are a result of the players head hitting the ground not from a stick. Can anyone enlighten me. thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"It is modified checking at u15!! "
Thanks for the double exclamation point but you may want to read the rules for the US lacrosse U15 lacrosse tournament. The tournament is full checking at the U 15 level
as long as two certified refs are there .Just a little advice, check your facts prior to the double exclamation point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is modified checking at U -15!!

I meant the past three years have been modified checking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny huh. I bet the injured girl thinks so too. The facts and chronic occurrences of unsportsmanlike play are overwhelming. You can keep deflecting the focus and make jokes and point to D1 placement lists but the fact remains your club as a whole garner zero respect from the entire lacrosse community. Trust me when I say the college coaches and US lacrosse have taken notice.

trust you? Why? You are nothing but anonymous around here. that earns you no trust or credibility.

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 327 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard