BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did anyone go to that thing in PA last weekend? If you did - how was it? Did a lot of coaches show up?
Or should we just hold on to our money.

Hold on to your money if what you are asking is: Is it worth it from a recruiting point of view?

Yes, I'm wondering if it's worth it. And also wondering if we made a mistake. My daughter applied and was invited then changed her mind because her two BFF's have parents who are a little quicker on the up-take than I am and opted out. We therefore opted out. I was wondering if it was the right decision. From what I have heard so far - it was not impressive and did not meet the hype. Is that true? I don't think we will need to attend one of these next year.

These things are a waste, generally speaking, from a recruiting point of view. I strongly believe, having had one kid go through the lax recruiting process recently and others through regular college searches, that the best way to do this is find a handful of schools that you think fit your daughter academically, socially and from a lax point of view. Do it just like you would with a non athlete. Put together a list of stretch, match and safety schools. It's a little more complicated in that one school might be a stretch for lax, but a match academically, as well as the other way around. So I would find a few in each category and start focusing in on those schools. Attend as many on campus clinics/camps as geographically and financially feasible. If you have crafted the list well, several of those situations will pay off. No money towards these other "recruiting camps" unless you have it to burn and you think your daughter will just "enjoy the experience".

The other point I would highlight is to try to get someone with influence (club coach, high school coach, former player) to help place your daughter in a top group at the college camp. If it is one of the bigger ones, there are definitely two tiers. One is for the "real" recruits, and the rest is for making money. If your daughter isn't in the group with the coaches from the target school, it probably also is a waste of time.

My 2 cents.
The Elite 120 is worth it in my opinion. My daughter is committed to a top 10 program and that is where she was first noticed by several schools in January of her freshman year. Well attended by coaches, established now, and top players attending for the most part (if they have not already committed).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to that thing in PA last weekend? If you did - how was it? Did a lot of coaches show up?

Hold on to your money if what you are asking is: Is it worth it from a recruiting point of view?

Yes, I'm wondering if it's worth it. And also wondering if we made a mistake. My daughter applied and was invited then changed her mind because her two BFF's have parents who are a little quicker on the up-take than I am and opted out. We therefore opted out. I was wondering if it was the right decision. From what I have heard so far - it was not impressive and did not meet the hype. Is that true? I don't think we will need to attend one of these next year.

These things are a waste, generally speaking, from a recruiting point of view. I strongly believe, having had one kid go through the lax recruiting process recently and others through regular college searches, that the best way to do this is find a handful of schools that you think fit your daughter academically, socially and from a lax point of view. Do it just like you would with a non athlete. Put together a list of stretch, match and safety schools. It's a little more complicated in that one school might be a stretch for lax, but a match academically, as well as the other way around. So I would find a few in each category and start focusing in on those schools. Attend as many on campus clinics/camps as geographically and financially feasible. If you have crafted the list well, several of those situations will pay off. No money towards these other "recruiting camps" unless you have it to burn and you think your daughter will just "enjoy the experience".

The other point I would highlight is to try to get someone with influence (club coach, high school coach, former player) to help place your daughter in a top group at the college camp. If it is one of the bigger ones, there are definitely two tiers. One is for the "real" recruits, and the rest is for making money. If your daughter isn't in the group with the coaches from the target school, it probably also is a waste of time.

My 2 cents.
The Elite 120 is worth it in my opinion. My daughter is committed to a top 10 program and that is where she was first noticed by several schools in January of her freshman year. Well attended by coaches, established now, and top players attending for the most part (if they have not already committed).

Fair enough. That's why I said generally. I think most are not worth it. And while there will be anecdotes of "success stories" from these events, the hit rate I believe is quite low. I think you have a much better percentage return on money spent going the route I suggested in my last post. It certainly is not to say that it is the only way to do it. If you have a harder time figuring out the target schools and are taking a more "shotgun" approach to the process, then these larger recruiting events may have more value as well I suppose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 2 cents.

I'll bet since she is a strong enough player to commit to a top 10 program, she didn't need to be at the elite 120 to be noticed. My bet is she could have ended up in the same place having not spent the money on Elite 120. Not saying it was a waste of money, but I don't think it is the reason your daughter ended up where she did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 2 cents.

I'll bet since she is a strong enough player to commit to a top 10 program, she didn't need to be at the elite 120 to be noticed. My bet is she could have ended up in the same place having not spent the money on Elite 120. Not saying it was a waste of money, but I don't think it is the reason your daughter ended up where she did.
To be honest, that is probably true. I do agree with most of the original post and as that posted stated, there is no one route. Be targeted and bottom line the kid has to play well consistently and be very athletic which seems to be the biggest common denominator in who gets recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every girl has a different path. To say one way is definitively better makes you sound foolish. We chose the wait and see who is interested first method and went to ua and going to 120. Although basically ready to decide, we never traveled to all the camps because there was no way to know if they were even interested. We wanted to visit schools that were interested and also fit for academics and lax. Different strokes for different folks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave DELETED

I have no issue with your feelings until you drag the kids into it!!

Knock it off, idiot!!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every girl has a different path. To say one way is definitively better makes you sound foolish. We chose the wait and see who is interested first method and went to ua and going to 120. Although basically ready to decide, we never traveled to all the camps because there was no way to know if they were even interested. We wanted to visit schools that were interested and also fit for academics and lax. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm sure I'm foolish because my wife says I'm an idiot several times a day. I didn't say there was a "definitively better way". I did say that, in my opinion ("my two cents" means that from a fool), approaching the challenge of recruiting in much the same way as a "regular" college search makes sense. You can do whatever you want, that's the beauty of a free country.

Basically ready to decide what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about top team here top team there. Is your daughter happy? People who come on here and chest pump are usually the ones who never played and are living through their kids. My daughter has been with Elevate for 2 yrs now and I wouldn't change a thing. Folks there's a bigger picture out there then everyone fighting about who's team is the best.

Can I ask for some examples of why your so happy? Many people post how great and happy they are but never offer any specifics.
Did you start with this club or move from another and have something to compare it to?

We were told when we joined Elevate, they had a lot of year round training and were in winter leagues, etc. There is nothing and I mean nothing. the only time you see anything they do in the off season is on social media when DK posts a picture of him and 5 kids off somewhere you we weren't asked to go. This club has been a huge disappointment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about top team here top team there. Is your daughter happy? People who come on here and chest pump are usually the ones who never played and are living through their kids. My daughter has been with Elevate for 2 yrs now and I wouldn't change a thing. Folks there's a bigger picture out there then everyone fighting about who's team is the best.

Can I ask for some examples of why your so happy? Many people post how great and happy they are but never offer any specifics.
Did you start with this club or move from another and have something to compare it to?

We were told when we joined Elevate, they had a lot of year round training and were in winter leagues, etc. There is nothing and I mean nothing. the only time you see anything they do in the off season is on social media when DK posts a picture of him and 5 kids off somewhere you we weren't asked to go. This club has been a huge disappointment.

We hear nothing from Elevate any more. There is little or no communication. We asked about opportunities but heard nothing. We are looking into opportunities with other clubs for clinics and leagues especially with season starting in the not so distance future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We hear nothing from Elevate any more. There is little or no communication. We asked about opportunities but heard nothing. We are looking into opportunities with other clubs for clinics and leagues especially with season starting in the not so distance future.

I don't think this is just Elevate and we are not with this club so can't comment on what you were promised but I have yet to hear about any club that offers true year round playing? Sure all the clubs offer clinics but they are mostly geared toward the younger players. As far as winter leagues, they seem to be very hit or miss and mostly miss! I think part of the problem is it's very expensive to rent quality indoor space and if there isnt enough demand and clubs can't make enough money they won't do it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call around to other clubs they would be happy to have you play for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Elevate compare to Others ?
The cost is 2200.00 per season and that just pays for tournament fee's. No winter clinics, no indoor leagues -

Why is it so much money ???

Do the math - TEAM ELEVATE is making a LOT of money on selling little girls a dream of playing college sports. ITS A CRIME !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By far and away, no fan of Dave K.--in fact, I KNOW he is a certified crook..but, their costs are prob right in line with most/all clubs nowadays...we play with Another club and they charge slightly less but do get winter practices...but hey, I am DK will make it up to you somehow...and he does have a lot of followers on FaceBook so that must be worth it, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Elevate compare to Others ?
The cost is 2200.00 per season and that just pays for tournament fee's. No winter clinics, no indoor leagues -

Why is it so much money ???

Do the math - TEAM ELEVATE is making a LOT of money on selling little girls a dream of playing college sports. ITS A CRIME !!!

WE ARE FAMILY !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the fact that you are hearing nothing from elevate is due to the fact that the administrators who were running the club both left. Many coaches have left as well. We don't even know who our daughters coach will be this summer. I know many coaches listed on the elevate website are no longer there. We too are concerned about the summer and disappointed that the entire off season has been a bust. We had better expectations based on last year and what we were told this year. No winter clinics, no leagues, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the fact that you are hearing nothing from elevate is due to the fact that the administrators who were running the club both left. Many coaches have left as well. We don't even know who our daughters coach will be this summer. I know many coaches listed on the elevate website are no longer there. We too are concerned about the summer and disappointed that the entire off season has been a bust. We had better expectations based on last year and what we were told this year. No winter clinics, no leagues, etc.

Here's a suggestion, if your not happy leave but truth is its no better anyplace else.
Winter leagues - there are none to join. You want to train, get a bunch of your daughters friends of equal ability and or teammates and find a good trainer to do a small group lesson. There's no silver bullet out there and many of the top kids are training year round. The difference is they are not sitting home waiting for a tweet or email from the club director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who cares about top team here top team there. Is your daughter happy? People who come on here and chest pump are usually the ones who never played and are living through their kids. My daughter has been with Elevate for 2 yrs now and I wouldn't change a thing. Folks there's a bigger picture out there then everyone fighting about who's team is the best.

Here's a suggestion, if your not happy leave but truth is its no better anyplace else.
Winter leagues - there are none to join. You want to train, get a bunch of your daughters friends of equal ability and or teammates and find a good trainer to do a small group lesson. There's no silver bullet out there and many of the top kids are training year round. The difference is they are not sitting home waiting for a tweet or email from the club director.

Here's another suggestion, don;t believe all the BS that these people post. So much of the stuff on here is complete BS from disgruntled parents who never played the game and are now living through their children's lacrosse lives. It amazes me how "caught up" these people are. Go out and have a catch with your own kid - even if you have to use a baseball/softball glove because you never played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who cares about top team here top team there. Is your daughter happy? People who come on here and chest pump are usually the ones who never played and are living through their kids. My daughter has been with Elevate for 2 yrs now and I wouldn't change a thing. Folks there's a bigger picture out there then everyone fighting about who's team is the best.

Here's another suggestion, don;t believe all the BS that these people post. So much of the stuff on here is complete BS from disgruntled parents who never played the game and are now living through their children's lacrosse lives. It amazes me how "caught up" these people are. Go out and have a catch with your own kid - even if you have to use a baseball/softball glove because you never played.
Wow, how profound

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to clarify, which information about Elevate are you calling BS?
1) that there are no winter leagues/clinics?
2) that directors and coaches have left?
3) that the club has lost access to the Sports Hub for indoor training?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or that Elevate lost access to CSH school fields because DK was running a biz on taxpayer dime?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive you know all the Dave k facts I'm surprised he is still around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kool aid will run out soon...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kool aid will run out soon...

I agree. I think elevate has been exposed for what it is. I think that people have figured this out and will move on. The few people I know that are left at elevate are not happy and looking at all of their options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not happy about what? You people are starting to have myself second guess staying with this program? Why such hate? My experience has been good. DK works with the girls real well. What do you want him to do? Only thing I don't like are parent coaches that's it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are new to elevate we were happy once I wish I left sooner than I did Dave cannot be trusted he will lie straight to your face and put your money in his pocketI do not really like saying bad things about people but I don't want other girls getting blindsided by Dave. I should have left sooner. There are a lot of honest travel teams on Long Island that really care about the girls look for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are new to elevate we were happy once I wish I left sooner than I did Dave cannot be trusted he will lie straight to your face and put your money in his pocketI do not really like saying bad things about people but I don't want other girls getting blindsided by Dave. I should have left sooner. There are a lot of honest travel teams on Long Island that really care about the girls look for them

Really?? Can you please tell me where the Honest Travel Teams are? I think every team I know of is bashed on here. Is YJ, TG, TE, 91, Express honest? Every one of them is bashed terribly on this site and all their directors should be in jail according to posters.
It is a free market, if you are not happy, move on. But buyer beware. Do your research.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who runs a CLUB program whether it be lacrosse, soccer etc is in it for the almighty dollar at the end of the day. Anyone that states otherwise is full of BS. With that said, my daughter played with Elevate for a few years. It started out great, DK preaching family values, "Elevating the girls" etc etc but it quickly became more and more a money grab from every angle. Costs for HUB winter league's were exorbitantly inflated with rosters of 20+ kids. Offseason practices (Fall/Winter) were ZERO unless you were paying for skill clinics run mostly by DK at the HUB. The only practices you received here were a few right before your first tournament followed by one to two practices per week while you completed the 4 tournaments. By the time the team gels the season is over. This is followed by additional money grabs such as the end of the year Award$ dinner, pre-tryout mini camp$ and then tryout$.

While I can't comment about any "honest" clubs out there, my daughter has moved on and they have already had more practices from fall to date than probably the past 2 years combined at Elevate. Since DK lost the relationship with the HUB as well as field space in CSH, go ask the 2019 girls what they are doing this Winter. They are scrambling to put practice sessions and teams together on their own in order to get themselves ready for their freshmen season. I was a "Buyer" here unfortunately for one too many seasons and would tell anyone to "Beware" that you get little value for the money you spend here.

Anyone that disputes what I said above please back it up with facts that support Elevate is doing otherwise for the girls smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could not have said it better myself. Dave k preaches bs and lies straight to your face any club is better than ekevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who runs a CLUB program whether it be lacrosse, soccer etc is in it for the almighty dollar at the end of the day. Anyone that states otherwise is full of BS. With that said, my daughter played with Elevate for a few years. It started out great, DK preaching family values, "Elevating the girls" etc etc but it quickly became more and more a money grab from every angle. Costs for HUB winter league's were exorbitantly inflated with rosters of 20+ kids. Offseason practices (Fall/Winter) were ZERO unless you were paying for skill clinics run mostly by DK at the HUB. The only practices you received here were a few right before your first tournament followed by one to two practices per week while you completed the 4 tournaments. By the time the team gels the season is over. This is followed by additional money grabs such as the end of the year Award$ dinner, pre-tryout mini camp$ and then tryout$.

While I can't comment about any "honest" clubs out there, my daughter has moved on and they have already had more practices from fall to date than probably the past 2 years combined at Elevate. Since DK lost the relationship with the HUB as well as field space in CSH, go ask the 2019 girls what they are doing this Winter. They are scrambling to put practice sessions and teams together on their own in order to get themselves ready for their freshmen season. I was a "Buyer" here unfortunately for one too many seasons and would tell anyone to "Beware" that you get little value for the money you spend here.

Anyone that disputes what I said above please back it up with facts that support Elevate is doing otherwise for the girls smile

Your post sounds too rationale to call BS. Sounds like you weren't happy, moved on and seem better off. I think everyone's experience and expectations are different and maybe some just don't know any better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like an honest, non-bomb throwing assessment. We are making a move for my younger daughter next year if things don't improve with her current team, and (if you feel comfortable with it) could you share what team you chose that is better than Elevate? (If not, I understand not wanting to create a SH*& storm on the thread). I was looking into Elevate, YJ or maybe Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like an honest, non-bomb throwing assessment. We are making a move for my younger daughter next year if things don't improve with her current team, and (if you feel comfortable with it) could you share what team you chose that is better than Elevate? (If not, I understand not wanting to create a SH*& storm on the thread). I was looking into Elevate, YJ or maybe Legacy.

Every club charges extra for clinics, their end-of-year club-wide parties and clinics. Not sure why Elevate is being singled out. Do you think YJ runs their weekend clinics or mid-week leagues for free? No. Those activities are all optional and "extras". What is wrong with you people? Do you give away your services for free? I am in healthcare...dont give away my expertise for free. Do mechanics fix your car for free? Do teachers tutor for free? NO. I have been to this rodeo before with two different clubs....they are all essentially the same. This is their business and it is treated as such. Get real.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club charges extra for clinics, their end-of-year club-wide parties and clinics. Not sure why Elevate is being singled out. Do you think YJ runs their weekend clinics or mid-week leagues for free? No. Those activities are all optional and "extras". What is wrong with you people? Do you give away your services for free? I am in healthcare...dont give away my expertise for free. Do mechanics fix your car for free? Do teachers tutor for free? NO. I have been to this rodeo before with two different clubs....they are all essentially the same. This is their business and it is treated as such. Get real.

You are correct about everyone charging for the extras. However when Dave started his own team after leaving Express he bashed that club to anyone who would listen. Fast forward to today and Elevate has become everything he was.criticizing his daughter's former team and YJ's for being. Hypocrisy at its finest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are spot on and if you ask two people at the same club their opinion you will get two different answers. I think it also depends on what team you are on within the club. Most of the unhappy people are not on the top teams or were former top team players that got demoted. I would also venture that many of the unhappy parents don't have a realistic view of their childs ability and as badly as they want the next superstar for many it's not in the cards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dk took a 1000 dollars from me and will not give a refund. He said the money is non-refundable !
Can I sue him in small claims court ?
Is Elevate a corporation or a non-profit ?
I checked the NYS corp website and its not listed ?

Does anyone have information that may help?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should take a class action suit he took money from me as well

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Not for anything and DK and I are not "special" friends as many of you think BUT, you guys call him out by name and yet you remain nameless. How much credibility do you think you deserve? In my book, unless you sign your name to each and everything you write, you are nothing but a troll and can spew all of the bull you want. That is just not even odds.. Just sayin!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would hope that requirement would go for ANY director mentioned by name....so Shannon Smith will get the same treatment?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
i would hope that requirement would go for ANY director mentioned by name....so Shannon Smith will get the same treatment?

I gave those trolls no credibility either and personally think that situation was a bunch of loose cannon entitled parents. Again, throw out someone's name and add yours too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. And yes there is no "right" answer. But if your daughter could likely see the field at any college lax program in the country, where would you want her to attend?

I know everyone can answer "wherever the best fit is ... wherever she is comfortable ... wherever she'd be happy if lax weren't in the equation etc."

Putting aside those boiler plate answers, pick a school. Would it have the balance of a potential National Championship and great academics, would it have the absolute best academics with likely no/small chance at winning it all? Would it be best lax program bar none? Just curious.

My daughter likely doesn't have this luxury, but I was just curious what people think.

I think I would say Duke, Northwestern ...but then I think, could you really say no to Princeton, Stanford or Harvard? And then I wonder what the awesome experience at a Maryland or UNC must be like for those girls and I go in circles.

What do you say?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. And yes there is no "right" answer. But if your daughter could likely see the field at any college lax program in the country, where would you want her to attend?

I know everyone can answer "wherever the best fit is ... wherever she is comfortable ... wherever she'd be happy if lax weren't in the equation etc."

Putting aside those boiler plate answers, pick a school. Would it have the balance of a potential National Championship and great academics, would it have the absolute best academics with likely no/small chance at winning it all? Would it be best lax program bar none? Just curious.

My daughter likely doesn't have this luxury, but I was just curious what people think.

I think I would say Duke, Northwestern ...but then I think, could you really say no to Princeton, Stanford or Harvard? And then I wonder what the awesome experience at a Maryland or UNC must be like for those girls and I go in circles.

What do you say?

I would say it's not your decision...it is your daughters. Visit the school multiple times and have her make the choice. All the schools mentioned are great, but it has to be the right fit for your daughter athletically and more important academically. Let's not forget socially either, the feel and the atmosphere has to feel right for her. She can visit many times before making a decision. Good luck to her!

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard