BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't count it out!

As long as his kid is playing at that school he will be on that sideline one way or another period! The only ones not buying it are the ones who pay for it on 91 !

Your kidding yourself if you think its not going to happen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wouldn't count it out!

As long as his kid is playing at that school he will be on that sideline one way or another period! The only ones not buying it are the ones who pay for it on 91 !

Really?? He's going to give up his D1 College Lacrosse job for a $6K HS job? You are a special kind of stupid!
If, and IF, they make a change, it would be Rotanz, since he works there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't Rotanz just named Head Coach of the new men's lacrosse program at St. Joseph's college on L.I.? Why would he leave that program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't count it out!

Really?? He's going to give up his D1 College Lacrosse job for a $6K HS job? You are a special kind of stupid!

Spallina doesn't have the time to coach a varsity program, nor would he want to. That's just silly. His kid doesn't even need to play varsity. Keep in mind, he still coaches his 2023 twins' 91 team and his daughters 2025 91 AND Yellow Jackets teams. Oh yeah, and a national top 10 girls D1 program AND the returning MLL champs. Lay off the pipe, bruh.

And Rotanz took the head coaching job at St. Joseph's college to start their lax program. He won't have the time either; especially since he's building the program from jumpstreet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't Rotanz just named Head Coach of the new men's lacrosse program at St. Joseph's college on L.I.? Why would he leave that program?

He was, my bad. I should check MY facts before calling someone else stupid! lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't count it out!

Rumor had it that they were moving into Three Village school district so he could be closer to SB and it is a better overall lax program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ? You seem to have all the answers,and a bit enthusiastic but your way off and really clueless, so clueless that your out of touch for a botc reader.
Rotanz has been retired from teaching, Google his name and you will see he is the st Josephs college head men's coach.
Get with the times. He's not giving up his D1 coaching job which in English it's a collegiate coaching career . Don't underestimate capabilities.

quote=Anonymous]
I wouldn't count it out!

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point Eagles-OUT!!!!!
Rocky Point CRUSH-IN!!!!
Glad I don't live in that town-DAM IT!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point CRUSH-IN!!!!

Unfortunately, RP can't even put together a 5th grade PAL team, and he's got two 5th grade kids! Sorry, don't see it happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's Hilarious. . And in the workings, they do practice there often, so half the battle is done. Lol

Rocky Point CRUSH-IN!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Westchester Varsity landscape will be wide open this year. Bronxville is back but a little weaker, Fox Lane has been improving each year, John Jay should be strong and Yorktown will likely see a drop off (although people have been saying that every few years since 1990)....

Any thoughts on Section finalists: A/B/C?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronxville Pleasantville Briarcliff will all be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ? You seem to have all the answers,and a bit enthusiastic but your way off and really clueless, so clueless that your out of touch for a botc reader.
Rotanz has been retired from teaching, Google his name and you will see he is the st Josephs college head men's coach.
Get with the times. He's not giving up his D1 coaching job which in English it's a collegiate coaching career . Don't underestimate capabilities.

quote=Anonymous]
I wouldn't count it out!

[/quote]

Take it easy, professional BOTC poster. I said that "tongue and cheek" because the one poster wrote "Rotanz" just prior and the other said JS. Sorry to get you all excited!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we are seeing some of the down county programs getting much stronger. Could be a year where some of the perennially strong programs get challenged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't count it out!

Wouldn't be the first time an RP daddy wormed his way onto the boys sideline to coach his kids. A couple years ago a certain former star player and current BOE member (and AD at a neighboring district - conflict of interest?) was a volunteer coach when his twins were seniors. Funny, don't think I saw him again after they graduated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

quote=Anonymous]
I wouldn't count it out!

Take it easy, professional BOTC poster. I said that "tongue and cheek" because the one poster wrote "Rotanz" just prior and the other said JS. Sorry to get you all excited!
[/quote]

The correct term is "tongue IN cheek". There is nothing exciting about the use of bad grammar from a snarky lacrosse dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

quote=Anonymous]
I wouldn't count it out!

The correct term is "tongue IN cheek". There is nothing exciting about the use of bad grammar from a snarky lacrosse dad. [/quote]
It got you fired up keyboard cowboy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we should all meet out for a drink, that would be fun!! Keyboard Cowboy Lol that is a good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"tongue in cheek" is correct, but it is a colloquialism and not grammar. Also, it should be "poor grammar" not "bad grammar."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"tongue in cheek" is correct, but it is a colloquialism and not grammar. Also, it should be "poor grammar" not "bad grammar."

Who says the people on this forum are not very smart. Will I see you at the next Mensa International Conference?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
meet where??? what is Mensa?? is that a new team with 4 and 5 year hold backs from Baltimore???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
meet where??? what is Mensa?? is that a new team with 4 and 5 year hold backs from Baltimore???

lets meet in one of the corners on Chaminade's field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm. that's kinda weird...... Are we going to discuss the last Mensa meeting or have a pugilistic competition.......Mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont know the truth of this but Hearing Rocky Point may have new high profile coach lined up on the boys side after this season. New AD coming in.

RP is hoping to bring in the former Sayville Head Coach.

I heard that Sayville Girls Varsity is bring up 2 7th graders. One of them being the deleted daughter! Talk about earning your spot! Bringing 7th graders up to varsity is a joke. That team is done!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Player identification is not permitted
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont know the truth of this but Hearing Rocky Point may have new high profile coach lined up on the boys side after this season. New AD coming in.

I heard that Sayville Girls Varsity is bring up 2 7th graders. One of them being the Deleted! Talk about earning your spot! Bringing 7th graders up to varsity is a joke. That team is done!

How does a boys coaching rumor/question get turned into the bashing of two 12 year old girls? You're sick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Sayville Girls Varsity is bring up 2 7th graders. One of them being the Deleted! Talk about earning your spot! Bringing 7th graders up to varsity is a joke. That team is done!

How does a boys coaching rumor/question get turned into the bashing of two 12 year old girls? You're sick.

That didn't sound like the poster was bashing specific girls. Maybe knocking the program for the decision though. It happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Sayville Girls Varsity is bring up 2 7th graders. One of them being the Deleted daughter! Talk about earning your spot! Bringing 7th graders up to varsity is a joke. That team is done!

This happens every year. Last year ESM was getting killed for bringing up girls, didn't seem to hurt them on the way to state champs. Why don't you go complain on the 2020 commits to Syracuse thread, at least that is a unique situation. Girls going to varsity happens all over all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Sayville Girls Varsity is bring up 2 7th graders. One of them being the varsity football coach's daughter! Talk about earning your spot! Bringing 7th graders up to varsity is a joke. That team is done!

That didn't sound like the poster was bashing specific girls. Maybe knocking the program for the decision though. It happens.

If its like the boys football program they will get all kinds of press for playing in Div 3 like the boys football team who plays nobody but is in Newsday everyday. Must have a tight connection with Newsday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Sayville Girls Varsity is bring up 2 7th graders. One of them being the varsity football coach's daughter! Talk about earning your spot! Bringing 7th graders up to varsity is a joke. That team is done!

This happens every year. Last year ESM was getting killed for bringing up girls, didn't seem to hurt them on the way to state champs. Why don't you go complain on the 2020 commits to Syracuse thread, at least that is a unique situation. Girls going to varsity happens all over all the time.

The ESM kids went to JV not Varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If its like the boys football program they will get all kinds of press for playing in Div 3 like the boys football team who plays nobody but is in Newsday everyday. Must have a tight connection with Newsday

So your problem isn't really with the girl being brought up, you have a problem with the football program and Sayville getting ink in the paper so you would make a comment about the coaches daughter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a great program and the best Long Island football prospect in a decade. That is why they are in Newsday!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since tryouts aren't for another 2 months how would anyone know about 7th graders on varsity . Sounds like pot stirring to me. How about we don't attack or disparage 12 year old girls .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here'so a thought if your daughter gets beat out for a spot on varsity by a 7th grader maybe it's time to try softball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a great program and the best Long Island football prospect in a decade. That is why they are in Newsday!

Yea....ok....Dad. Im sure we will read about it in Newsday again and again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm. that's kinda weird...... Are we going to discuss the last Mensa meeting or have a pugilistic competition.......Mom

Pugilistic , no rather a riddle like; Who says you can't cut corners at chaminade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no "tryouts" for Varsity, the coaches have already identified which underclass athletes they are bringing up and notified them so they can work out with the team through the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't people just worry about themselves and their own kids. I personally think that most of the complaints and issues are driven by parents that have unmotivated kids, and they watch the competition move further and further away. Just love your kid...not bash others.

This is not just an athletic things...it is acedemically as well.

These are the same parents who were happy that every kid gets a medal at the end of the season. Because they can lie to there own kid that they were great. Then stop to get them a slurpie or ice cream cone for them on way home. How about start parenting with reality, not leading your kid down a blind hallway. Please read the book Outliers....it all happens for a
Reason...like 10,000 hours..

"High achievers don't want to be around low achievers,
And low achievers are terrified of high achievers" ...not just kids....but mainly PARENTS....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't people just worry about themselves and their own kids. I personally think that most of the complaints and issues are driven by parents that have unmotivated kids, and they watch the competition move further and further away. Just love your kid...not bash others.

This is not just an athletic things...it is acedemically as well.

These are the same parents who were happy that every kid gets a medal at the end of the season. Because they can lie to there own kid that they were great. Then stop to get them a slurpie or ice cream cone for them on way home. How about start parenting with reality, not leading your kid down a blind hallway. Please read the book Outliers....it all happens for a
Reason...like 10,000 hours..

"High achievers don't want to be around low achievers,
And low achievers are terrified of high achievers" ...not just kids....but mainly PARENTS....

Ok, so it sounds like you have everything all figured out. Must disagree with most of what you've said though. There is so much more involved with youth sports the's dsys. When you are a high achiever due to your hard work, you absolutely worry about your competition. That's how you prepare. I have also seen politics screw many fine, deserving athletes. Not my son, but others I know. Seen it happen many times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High achievers are to be commended no doubt, but please remind your high achiever that their crap stinks like everyone elses and lacrosse like the workplace is a team game. Selfish me first people is not who you want to surround yourself with at work or on the field. High achievers should have people following them as they lead by example but nobody likes or follows a me first attitude, sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High achievers are to be commended no doubt, but please remind your high achiever that their crap stinks like everyone elses and lacrosse like the workplace is a team game. Selfish me first people is not who you want to surround yourself with at work or on the field. High achievers should have people following them as they lead by example but nobody likes or follows a me first attitude, sorry

Well, you definitely have it wrong again. My son ,although a high achiever is also very humble. Loves to hear people speak highly of him, but never brags and gets angry if any family members talk about how good he is. He, as well as many other top players I know, are fantastic leaders, but they also need to be educated as to who the competition is, and how to maintain their position in the pecking order and not become complacent. And as for the 10,000 hours, that was surpassed years ago!

Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard