BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As going to this camp, I was watching the 2016 91 orange goalie. Kid was insane. i dont see anyone getting the ball passed this kid. I'm looking forward to watching the 2016 Express orange team play against 2016 91 orange, its gonna be a sick matchup.
91 lost big to laxzchussets this weekend. My son is friends with an express player and they have beat laxachussets twice, two weeks ago by 10 goals. The express has lost two games and won all the rest. Both games to the crabs.

Laxachussets smacked Team LI around on the final and won by 20+. They also admitted afterwards to being a U-16 team and have added players since loosing to the express.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son attended and loved it...he is 2017 and had the coaches from HOFSTRA,LEHIGH,TOWSON,WAGNER and MARQUETTE all come up to him and ask him is info and help him with instruction. For a rising eighth grader what more do you want??? Great camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same in the 8B division True Blue played The Boston Mass team they admitted they were 15-16 we need ID cards like they do for football and soccer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What camp were you at? There were no college coaches there. The camp was supposed to have 20 coaches there. Who did you see, name the 20 that were there? Name 10? Better yet name 5

For starters:

Hofstra
Rutgers (coached my son's team yesterday afternoon)
St. Johns
Marquette
Lehigh

You can add Towson, Adelphi and Post to the list. These are coaches not players. Also know that Matt Danowski came and talked to the boys. But, I guess you guys missed all that LOL.

My son said he also learned several new checks, techniques and what goes into being a college athlete. I guess negative people have nothing but negative things to say.

Sweet. Learning how to throw checks should be the #1 priority for any kid. Great use of your money!

Like I said, negative people have noting but negative things to say!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Orange played Laxachusetts in the Spring on Long Island, and I thought Express won by 5 goals or so. I might be wrong about the margin of victory. The two teams played again the week after the Forsberg tournament up in New Haven, CT, and Express Orange won 14-4. There is a lot of talent on both teams. Also, there was good sportsmanship throughout the game. Kudos to both programs for seeking each other out so the kids can compete and get better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As going to this camp, I was watching the 2016 91 orange goalie. Kid was insane. i dont see anyone getting the ball passed this kid. I'm looking forward to watching the 2016 Express orange team play against 2016 91 orange, its gonna be a sick matchup.
91 lost big to laxzchussets this weekend. My son is friends with an express player and they have beat laxachussets twice, two weeks ago by 10 goals. The express has lost two games and won all the rest. Both games to the crabs.

Express beat laxachussets 2 weeks ago in Yale the score was 15 to 4 that is more than 3 goals and it was the same kids express played. There were express kids at the team long island championship. They also beat laxachussets in the spring by 4. You need your facts straight. The kids are always older when you get your butt kicked
Laxachussets smacked Team LI around on the final and won by 20+. They also admitted afterwards to being a U-16 team and have added players since loosing to the express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Orange played Laxachusetts in the Spring on Long Island, and I thought Express won by 5 goals or so. I might be wrong about the margin of victory. The two teams played again the week after the Forsberg tournament up in New Haven, CT, and Express Orange won 14-4. There is a lot of talent on both teams. Also, there was good sportsmanship throughout the game. Kudos to both programs for seeking each other out so the kids can compete and get better.

Records vs. common opponents are meaningless. Remember the saying "That's why they play the games.".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Records vs. common opponents are meaningless. Remember the saying "That's why they play the games.".
Express beats laxachussets by ten and the same laxachussets team beats 91 big. Why would express waste they time playing 91. You need to learn to lift your leg before you run with the big dogs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express beats laxachussets by ten and the same laxachussets team beats 91 big. Why would express waste they time playing 91. You need to learn to lift your leg before you run with the big dogs

Yeah ok. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was in Maryland July 1-3 for the USLacrosse Nationals. Middle School games were insane. Rochester, NY, Long Island, New England and PA made the Final Four. Rochester, New [lacrosse] won the Middle School and High School Divisions.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any results from crab fest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a GREAT day to be a CRAB! Remember, its only a rivalry if both sides win some. So, not a rivalry yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Turtles do in this tournament? Did the Crabs take them down too??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a GREAT day to be a CRAB! Remember, its only a rivalry if both sides win some. So, not a rivalry yet.

Even a better day to be a WC Starz!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played in the 2017 age braket. All you have to do is look at their website. The results were posted before the end of the day. That being said, they played very well and dominated everyone. Can't imagine anyone in their age group beating them. They never allow their competitors to clear the ball and they score on almost every posession. As a lax novice, it seems to me that if you can clear the ball against them, you might have a fighting chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are there any results posted anywhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leaving aside the heat, the Young Guns tournament was very well done, and the competition was excellent.

Bottom line in U-15 is that after SAT pool play the A bracket was won by the Crabs at 3-0 and the B bracket was won by the Greene Turtle at 3-0. They were the only two undefeated teams from pool play. The second place team in the Crabs bracket was the West Coast Starz, which the Crabs beat about 10-5. The second place team in the Turtle bracket was Long Island Express, which the Turtle beat 6-1.

Sunday was a new day. In the semis, the Starz beat the Turtle in OT 5-4. Well-played by both teams. Crabs defeated the Express. That set up rematches of the day before's games and both the Starz and Express avenged the prior day's losses. Starz won the tournament, defeating the Crabs, and the Express took the Turtle to OT again and avenged the prior day's loss as well, 3-2.

Really excellent lacrosse being played out there, and the Crabs were very gracious and hospitable hosts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played in the 2017 age braket. All you have to do is look at their website. The results were posted before the end of the day. That being said, they played very well and dominated everyone. Can't imagine anyone in their age group beating them. They never allow their competitors to clear the ball and they score on almost every posession. As a lax novice, it seems to me that if you can clear the ball against them, you might have a fighting chance.

Were you at any of the games? If so, what team are you representing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I was at the Young Guns Tournament, but was on a team that did not play them. I saw Tenacious Turtles play against Next Level and Crabs. It was a very well run tournament. Unfortunately very hot - they cut some of the games down to 8 min quarters in the afternoon of the first day because it was so hot. I think it was the right call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tenacious Turtles are 2017, not 2016, I think there is more on them in the 2017 thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was not the Tenacious Turtles, but the Green Turtles which is a Maryland based team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a rumor express 2016 orange is going to hofstra this weekend to play in the jv bracket what bracket is team 91 2016 orange playing in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a rumor express 2016 orange is going to hofstra this weekend to play in the jv bracket what bracket is team 91 2016 orange playing in

Don't know and probably the 2016 bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This would be a good time for them to move up also . We have been accused of running away well we are coming to your house here's your shot lets see what happens. Remember we are coming to you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a rumor a fact. Schedules are posted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 orange is playing at hofstra in 2016 "A" bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This would be a good time for them to move up also . We have been accused of running away well we are coming to your house here's your shot lets see what happens. Remember we are coming to you

If orange really wanted to impress they would play JV A not JV B. JV B is weak.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can any Express 2016 Orange parents send me a private email to this account? I have a question for you. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Or if you don't have an account here, leave an email address where I can email you directly. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was with Riptide at Boys Latin. We got spanked all weekend. Although the other teams beat us they did not seem older. They seemed legit. Any other feedback on the other 2016 teams, age wise?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was nice to be at a legit tournament that was well run. I think most teams cry when they loose. They complain about older kids playing because some kids are just getting huge. We have played so many of these kids the boys know each other and are friendly when they face each other. Bottom line is I believe the directors keep it honest and within the rules. Unfortunately year cutoffs are different in states. The US lacrosse guidelines should have shut people up but losing somehow over rules parental common sense. This filters down to the kids listening to the parents complain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, but you can't tell me that most of the 2016 players on Crabs and Laxachusetts are not 15 yrs old. Because they are. They would be 2015 on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, but you can't tell me that most of the 2016 players on Crabs and Laxachusetts are not 15 yrs old. Because they are. They would be 2015 on Long Island.

The laxachusetts coach admitted after the LI Laxfest that their 2016 team would be a U-16 team if they went age based. Not sure if this is the same team they bring to the U-15 tournaments or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop if they beat you deal with the loss. They fit the the US lacrosse guideline we talked to them. The Laxfest team is the 2016 team they travel with. Go to there website stop complaining. They have a good 2016 team ask team LI who spoke to their director on the phone. Team LI thought they had older kids but they fit US llacrosse guidelines. Team LI wasn't happy at the defeat but LAxachussets boys are just big .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the crabs have graduation year based teams or are they strictly age based?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are age based. All boys are U15 based on guidelines. All kids are late 97's or 98 birth yr and 8th grade this past school yr. Anyone have any info on the level of play this coming weeknd at the Jersey shootout. Team United and Philly Freedom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are age based. All boys are U15 based on guidelines. All kids are late 97's or 98 birth yr and 8th grade this past school yr. Anyone have any info on the level of play this coming weeknd at the Jersey shootout. Team United and Philly Freedom?

Team United out of Monmouth, NJ as well as Freedom both played in Maverick Big Time tourney. Both teams can move the ball as well as move in general. TU has a Don Bosco RB on their roster. You can tell with the perpetual ward who it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody tell me anything about Team 91 2016 Orange? I hear they have a reputation for cheap shots and dirty play. Is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody tell me anything about Team 91 2016 Orange? I hear they have a reputation for cheap shots and dirty play. Is that true?

How many threads are you trying to start a rant against 91 orange on?..first the 91 thread now here...I smell somme sour grapes. I don't even know anyone on that team but your odd obsession with trying to get people smashing them is a bit creepy......just sayin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have that wrong. Its the Orange team from another program.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard