BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares about NLF go start your own thread ....NO BACK TO ARE REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM. WORLD SERIES OF YOUTH LACROSSE RULE CHANGES

Its over, stop crying and sign up or watch on ESPN. Sponsored by Coca Cola!

Js BS and crew are a bunch of clowns who have forever comprised the integrity and the honor of the game . But as i was told there is no honor AMUNGST thieves

I like Pepsi better anyway .....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curiously speculation of clubs legally playing 20's in this event Legally!! What about TA playing 2020 kids on the Igloo 2021 team the past few years in addition recruiting a player from Pennsylania. I believe the microscope should clearly be on a person who has a clear track record of actually cheating NOT stretching the rules flat out breaking them. For years the club my son plays for (express) and their rival 91 gets criticized while this person flys free. Making ,any of us realize much of the criticism and accusations come from igloo affiliated people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curiously speculation of clubs legally playing 20's in this event Legally!! What about TA playing 2020 kids on the Igloo 2021 team the past few years in addition recruiting a player from Pennsylania. I believe the microscope should clearly be on a person who has a clear track record of actually cheating NOT stretching the rules flat out breaking them. For years the club my son plays for (express) and their rival 91 gets criticized while this person flys free. Making ,any of us realize much of the criticism and accusations come from igloo affiliated people.

yawn......whatever excuse you need. see you in denver, oh wait prob not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, the LI NLF alliance members are joining forces in posts now, how sweet! But beware! The New Lacrosse Fund will be sure to take all your money by promising to berate any player or organization not part of the alliance and garner you that feaux scholarship. Go ahead, it's your money to spend to fly down to Florida and to watch a wall ball demonstration (you gotta admit, better time with other technique drills could have been spent during that segment!)

The criticism on this forum and in public comes from those who know the reputation of your director, sir, and from those who experienced him firsthand. The voice is not any specific organization, but the voice of the knowing public from across the nation.

Fellow readers, don't be fooled by this NLF propaganda. Igloo has always played by US Lacrosse rules & age brackets. That's been a known fact.

If you think the 2021 Express 'go to' players are not pre-k redshirts or older, you're blind and in denial. You being part of that team for so long should have observed that by now. What about this year's add-ons? We will see.

After all, it's the NLF way, as the founding members have publicly declared they 'all have the same philosophy'.

Just this past summer I'm sure you reiterated what you've been saying on the sidelines for years when Express played Laxachusetts and Crabs. 'They have holdbacks and cheat.' But now you are part of the NLF family and support the cause by actively participating and donating. Don't be a hypocrite, it's unbecoming of a gentleman.

If you think your director doesn't cheat you're lying to yourself. He promotes and meets with families to recommend holding the athlete back. When one defers, the athlete will see the bench. The writing is on the wall. Current rostered players will have even less time when the holdbacks come next year in 8th grade-unless he breaks the promise and cuts/moves the kid to the B team like he did with another player this year.

The list of grievances of the Express organization has been going on for years.

Your director is one of the most hated men in lacrosse. Why do you put up with it? The hopes of $6k in scholarship money?

If your family (and child) loves lacrosse so much, ask yourself this:

Why am I participating in the toxic Express environment and supporting the NLF philosphy that I don't agree with?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on TA is a joke. Ive been reading these posts, my son is on a younger Igloo team and we were lied to We ares tuck now but it wont happen again. Also have friends on that 21 Igloo team and IT is certain he played illegal players throughout the summer, which is a shame because that team is very good. He is so insecure in his own skin and it becomes more apparent by the day. Say what you want about the NLF "propaganda" but it is comprised of the best clubs, which attracts the best coaches etc. TA needs to clean his act up before parents realize the benefits of established clubs. Say what you want about MC he has helped countless kids to their schools of choice. Does he stretch the rules probably, does he cheat them like TA NO.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of venom on this board for off-seaon!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the top clubs in your mind? I'm not saying teams, I'm asking clubs. The ones who try to do it right.
91, express, outlaws how do they compare? Icon, legacy? Who are the good clubs to play for? And I'm not talking about winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the top clubs in your mind? I'm not saying teams, I'm asking clubs. The ones who try to do it right.
91, express, outlaws how do they compare? Icon, legacy? Who are the good clubs to play for? And I'm not talking about winning.

They are all cheating money grabbers, none better than the other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can't beat them bash them as hard as you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true $$$$

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Lacrosse is more than to play than Ice Hockey than something is wrong .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These boards are what keeps my relaxed, laughter is truly the medicine.
Best Clubs.. depends on your definition;
in my opinion, the best clubs are the ones that truly care about the sport and players, the ones the teach and encourage the players to play for the game, work hard, play hard, support your teammates, be kind to your opponents because some day they may be your teammates. Coaches who berate, belittle, constantly yell and scream, single out player faults, in my eyes, should not be allowed. on LI, there are a lot of clubs compared to most other regions, some clubs have several teams in each age group, some of the better 'coached' teams are not the #1 team for the club, the #1 may be better but not always teaching the game but rather focused on winning. winning is good but not always if the players are not enjoying the game. In my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, the LI NLF alliance members are joining forces in posts now, how sweet! But beware! The New Lacrosse Fund will be sure to take all your money by promising to berate any player or organization not part of the alliance and garner you that feaux scholarship. Go ahead, it's your money to spend to fly down to Florida and to watch a wall ball demonstration (you gotta admit, better time with other technique drills could have been spent during that segment!)

The criticism on this forum and in public comes from those who know the reputation of your director, sir, and from those who experienced him firsthand. The voice is not any specific organization, but the voice of the knowing public from across the nation.

Fellow readers, don't be fooled by this NLF propaganda. Igloo has always played by US Lacrosse rules & age brackets. That's been a known fact.

If you think the 2021 Express 'go to' players are not pre-k redshirts or older, you're blind and in denial. You being part of that team for so long should have observed that by now. What about this year's add-ons? We will see.

After all, it's the NLF way, as the founding members have publicly declared they 'all have the same philosophy'.

Just this past summer I'm sure you reiterated what you've been saying on the sidelines for years when Express played Laxachusetts and Crabs. 'They have holdbacks and cheat.' But now you are part of the NLF family and support the cause by actively participating and donating. Don't be a hypocrite, it's unbecoming of a gentleman.

If you think your director doesn't cheat you're lying to yourself. He promotes and meets with families to recommend holding the athlete back. When one defers, the athlete will see the bench. The writing is on the wall. Current rostered players will have even less time when the holdbacks come next year in 8th grade-unless he breaks the promise and cuts/moves the kid to the B team like he did with another player this year.

The list of grievances of the Express organization has been going on for years.

Your director is one of the most hated men in lacrosse. Why do you put up with it? The hopes of $6k in scholarship money?

If your family (and child) loves lacrosse so much, ask yourself this:

Why am I participating in the toxic Express environment and supporting the NLF philosphy that I don't agree with?

Yes, Igloo does and has always played by USlacrosse rules. But those rules are U10, U11, U12, etc... Meaning players that are in 5th grade have always, and still do, play in 4th grade tournaments. Likewise for every other age group. When a player is set to graduate in 2021, he's not allowed to play on a 2022 team. It's simple. The rules for each tournament are pretty straight forward. You must play in the grade level of your oldest player. Team LI does it the same way, except they always played by the rules. Igloo does not, and never have. Holdbacks are one thing, flat out cheating is something else altogether.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Writing is on the wall , crush players will be playing with blaze.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH REALLY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules are 4 fools #rulesare4fools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many teams will advance from the qualifiers yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Writing is on the wall , crush players will be playing with blaze.

No doubt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is reaching out calling people from different organizations to put team together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 teams plus at large qualifiers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that info. Forgive my ignorance, but how do the at-large qualifiers work?Does that mean that there will be more than 4 teams from the North that will progress to Denver?

4 teams plus at large qualifiers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think North and mid Atlantic would warrant extra bids. As the 5th place team in the north could win other regions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules say all players must play for the team on a regular basis AND players cannot be added just to play in the WSYL. Thus any team with 8th graders will be disqualified as they would not be regular players on a 2021 team. Similarly with a u13 team where the cutoff is August 31. So if any team tries to cheat by adding 8th graders people will notice and they would be disqualified. Maybe in future years clubs will start to build teams for this event but it will not happen this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules say all players must play for the team on a regular basis AND players cannot be added just to play in the WSYL. Thus any team with 8th graders will be disqualified as they would not be regular players on a 2021 team. Similarly with a u13 team where the cutoff is August 31. So if any team tries to cheat by adding 8th graders people will notice and they would be disqualified. Maybe in future years clubs will start to build teams for this event but it will not happen this year.

Has nothing to do with 2021 this is age based so ANYONE born on or after 5/1/2002 is eligible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Rules say all players must play for the team on a regular basis AND players cannot be added just to play in the WSYL. Thus any team with 8th graders will be disqualified as they would not be regular players on a 2021 team. Similarly with a u13 team where the cutoff is August 31. So if any team tries to cheat by adding 8th graders people will notice and they would be disqualified. Maybe in future years clubs will start to build teams for this event but it will not happen this year. [/quote

You need to read the rules again buddy in full. There is nothing about graduating year, just date of birth. And you only need to play with team on a regular basis OR 2 tournys prior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People were notified if team is a 2021 team regularly it Must be that in Qualifier and tournament The wording confuses it for people. But I know a few directors have been notified about this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People were notified if team is a 2021 team regularly it Must be that in Qualifier and tournament The wording confuses it for people. But I know a few directors have been notified about this

No your confused

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL is now becoming an event that anyone can put an "all-star" team together to play in. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be like the Little League World Series, but clearly that is not what it is morphing into. Kind of sad actually, because I think it started out with good intentions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL is now becoming an event that anyone can put an "all-star" team together to play in. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be like the Little League World Series, but clearly that is not what it is morphing into. Kind of sad actually, because I think it started out with good intentions.

Sad how the whole climate of youth sports has turned into this.

I do not even know what travel is anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it does say players cannot be added to a team just to play in the WSYL??? I think these rules may need to be reviewed by legal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is age cut. Off date?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sept/2002

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it is 5/1/02

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong..you must include the whole country to have a National Championship. Not just your area. It is then a Regional Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Igloo & Icon have decided not to attend the regionals. Can anyone confirm this? If so its sad that two very good teams won't play in this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a disgrace the changing of the rules and TZ is calling kids from other org to play. I guess he wants his 2020'team to win Something loll. The wording on the rules is interesting and I know clubs are waiting for teams to trip up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this whole event has turned into a circus, like the rest of youth lacrosse.
No morals or character, sad commentary for the sport!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't have turned into such a circus if they didn't change the rules midway. Interested to see what kind a team TZ puts together and whether and how WSYL will try to enforce the "needs to play 2 tournaments" together if they qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rule change makes half of 8th grade eligible and the LI teams will have to be largely 8th grade to compete. The rule change bastardized the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't slip on the "Black Ice"

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29
Quick Reply