BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Post the crabs 2020 birthdates. You won't because you know how bad it looks. Don't try and deflect to other clubs because none of them do what RM does. Wanna stay on the 2020 team? Sorry bringing down the 2019s - you might want to consider repeating a grade so I can make more money and you can beat up on younger kids. Feels sooooo good. Again - post the birthdates. Crickets...

I'm sorry. Are you under the impression that those birthdates are just sitting on the website for anyone to grab?

What is your obsession with Crabs 2020? Do you feel like they have an unusual number of holdbacks as compared to other teams? I assume you have a 2020 son that gets beat by them which then leads me to assume you are a Looney's parent. You know damn well your own club has it's fair share of older kids as well, not to mention your Florida based FOGO.

FOGO is on age, and it is no different than a kid from PA or VA coming to the Baltimore area for a team. If he and his parents want to compete up here then what do you care? They have the means to do so, so drop it. You issue with the FOGO leads me to believe that you son is a FOGO and can't beat the Florida kid.

The difference between Crabs and all the other clubs (FCA, Looney's, 91) is they have a few older kids, not an entire starting line-up like Crabs! Crabs takes advantage of the situation, abuses it, and makes pigs out of themselves. The other three are guilty as well, but Crabs will eventually have an entire team of older kids, and you will be looking at the other tree as an option or Hawks since you don't like being labeled a cheater.

Does Crabs control what kids come to their tryouts? The truth is, for the most part, every other team takes leftovers that don't make Crabs. Crabs takes the best 22 kids in that grade regardless of age. Guess what?? So does every other club. Do you honestly believe that any club says, "We'd love to take this kid, but we already have 5 older kids on the roster"? Of course not. So it all just comes off as jealousy.

keep trying to convince yourself that it is ok to cheat, one day you might actually convince yourself it is true! Yes! there are clubs that keep their core group of kids together, regardless if they were the best at tryouts or not.

yes! Crabs do control what kids come out for tryouts! they are invite only...correct?

No. Not correct. Anyone can come to Crabs tryouts. That's why there are so many people there.

And you are kidding yourself if you don't think other clubs aren't willing to bring new kids in if they are better. I don't have to convince myself of anything. my kid is on age. and the kids that are older aren't breaking any rules. Not to mention every other club is doing the same thing.

Don't worry, maybe your son will make crabs next year. Especially now that you know that anyone is welcome to tryout.

my kid will never move to Crabs, he was given the option a few years ago but chase to stay with school friends. his team is very competitive and plays well against everybody!

It's a shame people like you pick up for the cheaters, you help them to cheat and give them money to put towards cheating, so YES, I would say you and your kid are cheaters!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the problem crab daddy - NO OTHER program games the system like the Crabs. It is part of his strategy to gain an advantage. Without holdbacks his teams are no better than any other of the competitive clubs in the DMV. If you want your kid to be associated with kind of program that is your prerogative. How about posting the birth dates of your 2020 roster. Of course you won't - because you know it's shameful.

Please enlighten me then. HOw is it that Crabs "games the system" any different than FCA, Hawks, 91 MD, Madlax, Looneys, etc. When I am at Crabs tryouts and talk to the parents, they are there because the kids all want to play for Crabs. If gaming the system means that their success has led them to be the club kids want to play for then I guess they are guilty.

Do you really think that the birthdates for Crabs 2020 roster is really all that much different than Looneys or 91 or Madlax or FCA?

I'm going to ask again:

TELL ME ONE TEAM I COULD TAKE MY SON TO THAT DOESN'T HAVE HOLDBACKS.

It's been a day and still no answer. Because there is no club in MD where that is the case. So why is Crabs singled out?

Hawks 2020, have your son tryout there, you and him won't be labeled a cheater any longer!

Do you really believe that there is not a single kid with a birthday prior to 9/1/2001 on Hawks 2020? Of course there is

Yes, you got your answer! Now, do the right thing and tryout there next year! Stop enabling and supporting the cheating!

That would be a little tough since my son isn't a 2020. I know that other Hawks teams have older kids. You expect me to believe that the 2020 team is the only team around that takes the moral high ground and has no kids born before 9/1/2001? I don't believe that since the other Hawks teams don't seem to mind and Matt Hogan has never been known for his ethics when it comes to lacrosse

Not everybody cheat like your club! I know integrity is something you know nothing about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well - if your kid is not a 2020 then I sure as heck hope he is incredibly talented. Once RM starts holding back to 20xx players a year ahead of him - be prepared to either ride the bench or be cut to make room for older kids. That's how he rolls. Starting 2020 goalie and FOGO both cut to make room for 19 holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well - if your kid is not a 2020 then I sure as heck hope he is incredibly talented. Once RM starts holding back to 20xx players a year ahead of him - be prepared to either ride the bench or be cut to make room for older kids. That's how he rolls. Starting 2020 goalie and FOGO both cut to make room for 19 holdbacks.

most of the 2020 Crabs parents aren't intelligent enough to see this coming! By them condoning this they are giving his permission to do it to their own kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry. Are you under the impression that those birthdates are just sitting on the website for anyone to grab?

What is your obsession with Crabs 2020? Do you feel like they have an unusual number of holdbacks as compared to other teams? I assume you have a 2020 son that gets beat by them which then leads me to assume you are a Looney's parent. You know damn well your own club has it's fair share of older kids as well, not to mention your Florida based FOGO. [/quote]

FOGO is on age, and it is no different than a kid from PA or VA coming to the Baltimore area for a team. If he and his parents want to compete up here then what do you care? They have the means to do so, so drop it. You issue with the FOGO leads me to believe that you son is a FOGO and can't beat the Florida kid.

The difference between Crabs and all the other clubs (FCA, Looney's, 91) is they have a few older kids, not an entire starting line-up like Crabs! Crabs takes advantage of the situation, abuses it, and makes pigs out of themselves. The other three are guilty as well, but Crabs will eventually have an entire team of older kids, and you will be looking at the other tree as an option or Hawks since you don't like being labeled a cheater. [/quote]

Does Crabs control what kids come to their tryouts? The truth is, for the most part, every other team takes leftovers that don't make Crabs. Crabs takes the best 22 kids in that grade regardless of age. Guess what?? So does every other club. Do you honestly believe that any club says, "We'd love to take this kid, but we already have 5 older kids on the roster"? Of course not. So it all just comes off as jealousy. [/quote]

keep trying to convince yourself that it is ok to cheat, one day you might actually convince yourself it is true! Yes! there are clubs that keep their core group of kids together, regardless if they were the best at tryouts or not.

yes! Crabs do control what kids come out for tryouts! they are invite only...correct?[/quote]

No. Not correct. Anyone can come to Crabs tryouts. That's why there are so many people there.

And you are kidding yourself if you don't think other clubs aren't willing to bring new kids in if they are better. I don't have to convince myself of anything. my kid is on age. and the kids that are older aren't breaking any rules. Not to mention every other club is doing the same thing.

Don't worry, maybe your son will make crabs next year. Especially now that you know that anyone is welcome to tryout. [/quote]

my kid will never move to Crabs, he was given the option a few years ago but chase to stay with school friends. his team is very competitive and plays well against everybody!

It's a shame people like you pick up for the cheaters, you help them to cheat and give them money to put towards cheating, so YES, I would say you and your kid are cheaters! [/quote]

what club does your son play for?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2020 does not have any reclassified kids.

True statement!

A lot of the teams do not have reclassified kids. Reclassified means that you repeated a grade, likely 8th, for the sole purpose of gaining an advantage in athletics. I get where that rubs people the wrong way. What I don't understand is the issue with pre-first kids. A ton of my son's friends did pre-first so they would not be young for their grade. I have never understood the issue there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

A lot of the teams do not have reclassified kids. Reclassified means that you repeated a grade, likely 8th, for the sole purpose of gaining an advantage in athletics. I get where that rubs people the wrong way. What I don't understand is the issue with pre-first kids. A ton of my son's friends did pre-first so they would not be young for their grade. I have never understood the issue there.

In youth sports, kids should play with their age. If they went to pre-first, they would need to play with kids their own age not necessarily their grade- pre first and hold backs have the same result that the kids are a year older-it does not matter when or why they do it but they are physically more advanced and at the youth level, it makes a huge difference. There is one cut off date that everyone should be held to. Unfortunately lacrosse used to have this and left the model at the wish of a select few. Every other sport has an age requirement and sometimes it means you do not play with kids in your grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great thing about holdbacks is when the very good 7th grade kid realizes he won't play his 8th grade year (see Crabs) because of the frosh. who repeat in front of him they find new teams. I see it happen every year.

Note. Not as many MD Lax parents allow their child to holdback as many claim (see L.I. Parents). Lose with dignity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

if you are born in the summer and you do pre-first that isn't issue since it was done academic reasons. however, you should still compete against the kids your age, not your grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

In youth sports, kids should play with their age. If they went to pre-first, they would need to play with kids their own age not necessarily their grade- pre first and hold backs have the same result that the kids are a year older-it does not matter when or why they do it but they are physically more advanced and at the youth level, it makes a huge difference. There is one cut off date that everyone should be held to. Unfortunately lacrosse used to have this and left the model at the wish of a select few. Every other sport has an age requirement and sometimes it means you do not play with kids in your grade.

That's so stupid on so many levels. So you are saying that a pre-first kid with a spring birthday shouldn't be allowed to play youth lacrosse with his friends that he goes to school with??? Seriously that is your stance? When did this sport get to be so jaded? You'd rather them have to play with kids they don't know? That would be fun for them.

I get the issue with kids repeating 8th grade. I do. But bitching and whining about pre-firsts is taking it to a whole new level. Is it really too much to ask a 6th grader or 7th grader to play against someone 4-8 months older? How did these kids ever play rec in U-11 or U-13?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

That's so stupid on so many levels. So you are saying that a pre-first kid with a spring birthday shouldn't be allowed to play youth lacrosse with his friends that he goes to school with??? Seriously that is your stance? When did this sport get to be so jaded? You'd rather them have to play with kids they don't know? That would be fun for them.

I get the issue with kids repeating 8th grade. I do. But bitching and whining about pre-firsts is taking it to a whole new level. Is it really too much to ask a 6th grader or 7th grader to play against someone 4-8 months older? How did these kids ever play rec in U-11 or U-13?

all things being equal height/weight/athletic ability, what is the difference between the kid born June/2001 who did pre-first and the kid born June/2001 who repeated 8th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

Lacrosse never had a single year cut-off. In fact, I would argue the every other year cutoff (U13,U11,U9) is much more screwed up than the graduation year cut off. Now if lacrosse ever had a single year cutoff (U13, U12, U11,U10,U9), I would fully support it - but until then, graduation years work better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

It is the way it works with every other sport and yes, it does mean that kids do not always play with their buddies but kids need to play with their age. The cut off has to be somewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

all things being equal height/weight/athletic ability, what is the difference between the kid born June/2001 who did pre-first and the kid born June/2001 who repeated 8th grade?

Exactly - the reason for why they are older does not matter. The fact that they are older is what matters and should be with kids their own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

doesn't have kids that repeated a grade or doesn't have kids born before 9/1/2001?

Not true. Their goalie is a holdback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

doesn't have kids that repeated a grade or doesn't have kids born before 9/1/2001?

Not true. Their goalie is a holdback.

Ah, same as FCA and Crabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

My son was born in Oct of 2000. The oldest boy on his team did a pre-first year and was born in June of 2000. He also has teammates that were born in the spring and summer of 2001. That seems pretty balanced. If not, what is the appropriate cut off date?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe most people say a kid is reclassed if they are not in the age-appropriate grade: so depending on the state you live in if you started school at 5 years old you are "on-age" if you started at 6 you are reclassed. And then some people also repeat a grade to gain an advantage, these are also reclassed. I live in PA, so anyone born before 9/1 is considered reclassed. I will say, from my experience, most top clubs have about 50% of their players that are reclassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

My son was born in Oct of 2000. The oldest boy on his team did a pre-first year and was born in June of 2000. He also has teammates that were born in the spring and summer of 2001. That seems pretty balanced. If not, what is the appropriate cut off date?

My son April 2001 and plays on a 2019 team. Please tell me how he is not getting screwed. Or at least last year please tell me how he was not getting the high hard one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO - I don't have a problem with pre-first kids. I do have a problem with the kids that repeat 8th grade to gain a physical advantage. When you include the kids that do both - it's really unfair and unsafe. Just go back to age based teams up to 8th grade and the problem is solved. At the very least - grade based - with an age cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

My son April 2001 and plays on a 2019 team. Please tell me how he is not getting screwed. Or at least last year please tell me how he was not getting the high hard one?

Your son is age appropriate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO - I don't have a problem with pre-first kids. I do have a problem with the kids that repeat 8th grade to gain a physical advantage. When you include the kids that do both - it's really unfair and unsafe. Just go back to age based teams up to 8th grade and the problem is solved. At the very least - grade based - with an age cutoff.

Again, all things equal height/weight/athletic ability, what is the difference between a current 8th grader born June!2001 who attended pre-first an a current 8th grader born June/2001 who was held back? There is no difference! Both kids should be playing with a 2019 team.

My son has a December 2001 birthday, on age for lax 2020. The birthday sucks for his other sports that go by calendar year, but he is age appropriate for the others since those sports gave a backbone and enforce age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

Your son is age appropriate

I agree so lets do the math on how much older a kid is who did pre first or was a reclass. That is what I want to see written out for everyone to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simply put: a unfair advantage for one kid is a unfair disadvantage for another kid! How do the proper on age kids feel that are good enough to make the Crabs, but are relegated to being a role player instead of a starter due to the more advanced holdbacks which probably comprise 50% of the roster? I am sure those kids and parents are biting their tongues about the inequity of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I go back and forth about this. I feel false confidence is what causes kids to quit. The reality is, our kids will have to beat out a hold-back or pre- first or reclass kid when they get to high school. So why not start dealing with it in 5th to 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hawks 2020 does not have any reclassified kids.

True statement!

I agree so lets do the math on how much older a kid is who did pre first or was a reclass. That is what I want to see written out for everyone to see.

The vast majority of the pre firsts have summer birthdays so they would be not quite a year older than your son. There may be a couple of reclassed kids that are more than a year older than your son but they would be pretty rare. It would be extremely unlikely they would be more than 19 months older than your son as they would run into eligibility issues their senior year of high school.

Basically your son isn't getting disadvantaged any more than a July or August birthday kid would be disadvantaged if 9/1 was an enforced cut off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

There are several players on my son's team your son's age and younger. Yes there are older players too. Again, what is the appropriate cutoff?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I go back and forth about this. I feel false confidence is what causes kids to quit. The reality is, our kids will have to beat out a hold-back or pre- first or reclass kid when they get to high school. So why not start dealing with it in 5th to 8th grade.

Because 5th - 8th they are still learning the game and figuring out things about themselves. Let it wait till high school, what is the hurry? Let kids play on age with their piers, not kids a year older or more.

The kids will have plenty of time in high school, college, and life thereafter to compete with older and younger people. For now, let them be kids and compete against piers of their own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

There are several players on my son's team your son's age and younger. Yes there are older players too. Again, what is the appropriate cutoff?

If you want to make collage coaches happy the 9/1 - 8/31! If you say forget them, go calander year 1/1 - 12/31

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You big help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

Does your son play 2020 or 2019? If he's 2019 I don't have a huge problem with the June 2000 but some do. I personally think that they should have a June 1 or July 1 cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You big help

you are welcome sunshine!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

if your son is 2019 then he is age appropriate, the other kid should be 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

I think the best compromise is to have a 12 month window for the teams 7th grade and below. And then when you hit the 8th grade and above range it should be by what grade you are in no matter how old you are. The point being these grades are the recruitment ages like it or not. But we all can agree that 7th grade and below are not being recruited hard. And if you have a 7th grade stud on age play him up with the 8th graders to be looked at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True statement!

I think the best compromise is to have a 12 month window for the teams 7th grade and below. And then when you hit the 8th grade and above range it should be by what grade you are in no matter how old you are. The point being these grades are the recruitment ages like it or not. But we all can agree that 7th grade and below are not being recruited hard. And if you have a 7th grade stud on age play him up with the 8th graders to be looked at.

OMG ... 7th grade stud? Move him up so he can be looked at? ... Yeah ... this early recruiting mess will change itself soon... The professional desires of a college coach and the adolescent desires if a 14 year old kid are not on parallel tracks ... I have hope that this will become clear to everyone in the next few years when these verbal "commitments" start falling apart.

IMO - A boy should be playing for his friends and the ladies until 11th grade ... not college coaches. What a mess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree but the word I used was compromise. They should move the contact date back to Jan 1. of soph. year not JR. year and not allow anyone to contact anyone until this soph. year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree but the word I used was compromise. They should move the contact date back to Jan 1. of soph. year not JR. year and not allow anyone to contact anyone until this soph. year

Moving the date back to the Sophomore year will let the colleges get ahead early and get the best players locked up to a school. But the big rule has to be no one can talk to anyone until this Soph. date. So this will force the parents and kids into making the high school team and showing well before you even start to think about College. I think this is the best idea to keep both sides happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DI men's coaches voted by a resounding show of hands Friday afternoon to significantly limit early recruiting, supporting a ban on contact between coaches and recruits prior to September 1 of prospects' junior year of high school, members of the IMCLA's Executive Board told Inside Lacrosse.

The coaches voted to move it back to Sept.1 of Junior year. Why do those on this board think that they know better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DI men's coaches voted by a resounding show of hands Friday afternoon to significantly limit early recruiting, supporting a ban on contact between coaches and recruits prior to September 1 of prospects' junior year of high school, members of the IMCLA's Executive Board told Inside Lacrosse.

The coaches voted to move it back to Sept.1 of Junior year. Why do those on this board think that they know better.

Because their sense of self entitlement! They think money can buy anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because their sense of self entitlement! They think money can buy anything.

And you think coaches won't be contacting club coaches of 8th or 9th graders despite the rules? Nothing will change except Ty Xanders' tweets about HS freshman commits

Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard