BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are wrong my friend very wrong they are now creating special teams based on new rules

Dah who didn't see that coming.

Who is they ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny to watch all these people who complain about grade based whine when a tournament goes completely aged based but picks a cutoff date that doesn't suit them. Whenever someone says that 9/1 should be the cutoff all it means is that their son was born in the fall.

I posted about using the 9/1 cutoff date because that has always been used for U based tournaments. My son was born in May of 2003 and is a 2021 as he should be. Actually, he will be able to play in the WSYL next year also.......LOL......not. We will refuse to play down when the calls come.

when are you people going to get it. This is probably now the only tournament that is fair. Age based, regardless of cut off date is what all tourneys should be. Yes, you will have two different grades mixed but all on same playing field. Agree it sux for this years guinea pigs but its a step in right direction. would expect next year clubs will form a separate U13 team based on the guidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS and crew

Tz and crew

Sweet lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much better teams at Young Guns. There will be 1-3 good teams, and the rest is crap.

Nowhere near a national championship. Funny to see LI trying to game the system now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The logical approach would be to align with US Lacrosse guidelines and announce the WSYL rules well in advance (before team tryouts in August). The original rules were tilted to benefit a select few teams and the recent rules changes were clearly made to further benefit a select few teams. ESPN must be having second thoughts now that they are aware of the situation.
This is the same date as last year only they are not asking for proof of grade. Since 5/1/02-11/30/02 is really a 2020 in NY the 2021 teams with holdbacks just lost there advantage. Its really not that big of a deal except that some teams will be carrying 8th graders. Its really the same as when the holdbacks say its ok he's in the grade. Now you will just hear. It's ok he's the correct age.

The Little league World Series uses 5/1 as a cutoff date. Why would ESPN care if the WSYL uses the same date?

How dare you bring logic to this meat head lax dad argument? Like lacrosse is the only sport where kids might play against someone 18 months older than them.

The Horror!!!

This is all fueled by daddy feeling like junior needs to win a championship he can brag about. Becoming a better player has become a secondary goal sadly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Written from a hold back mom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Written from a hold back mom?

No. Written by a dad who has an on age son. He is in 6th grade and gets by just fine. He works hard and doesn't think that he's at a disadvantage just because someone on the other team might be a year older than him. He dealt with in when he played MYLA, so why does it need to be single age now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to year of birth and call it done. Hockey has been doing it this way for years, soccer is going to system in 2016 and most football has gone to this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just me the difference between 7th and 8th graders is much different then (th and 6th.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just me the difference between 7th and 8th graders is much different then (th and 6th.

Yet 7th graders manage to play for Middle School A teams. And so do 6th graders for that matter at some schools. These kids must all be the next Mikey Powell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6th graders are not allow to play middle school, tool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is absolutely not a National Championship!!! It is the WORLD Championship!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 6th grader will be so disappointed. Oh that's right, he is playing in middle school. What the [lacrosse] rock do you live under where they can't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 6th grader will be so disappointed. Oh that's right, he is playing in middle school. What the [lacrosse] rock do you live under where they can't?

Section rules. Kids can not play middle school sports till 7th grade. That's when middle school starts offically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is absolutely not a National Championship!!! It is the WORLD Championship!!!

THIS IS A JOKE IS WHAT IT IS !!! NO INTEGRITY!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Frankly Speaking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Section rules. Kids can not play middle school sports till 7th grade. That's when middle school starts offically.

Might you knuckle heads might live in different areas?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no real national or world championship but I don't see how they have a lack of integrity. You can't really go grade based once you start having Canadian teams. Once you go age based any date is as good as another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no real national or world championship but I don't see how they have a lack of integrity. You can't really go grade based once you start having Canadian teams. Once you go age based any date is as good as another.

Not when rules have been out since October and now you change them ...That is a lack of INTEGRITY .....These rules should not go into effect till next year as teams have already been formed in conjunction with previous rules. This is all to favor someone . I agree any date does not matter unless you already have teams based on previous rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not when rules have been out since October and now you change them ...That is a lack of INTEGRITY .....These rules should not go into effect till next year as teams have already been formed in conjunction with previous rules. This is all to favor someone . I agree any date does not matter unless you already have teams based on previous rules

late to the party- can you highlight the rule change from October?

the tournament itself is a great concept - should be age based (based on birth year), should be run by US Lacrosse bc most players probably need to have US Lacrosse membership the rosters could be easily validated. Missing part is photo id for players - all kids upload photo to us lax to be put on their membership card. Bring Membership card to field like soccer. Any player without the id is dq'd. Take 5 minutes to check id/s before game. Seems pretty simple to address.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the above, it's about integrity.
Last year the rules went out and teams conformed and built teams based upon the rules last year. To change the rules now after teams are rostered, and now to include 8th graders that played last year, makes the tournament irrelevant. In one year they ruined a good solid tournament.

And to all the posters saying that last years players are getting recruited and won't attend, yes some will be recruited and when the call comes from BS to play, they will be there. Let's not kid ourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

World Champs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell ESPN and Coca Cola that it ruined....stop crying and bring your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the above, it's about integrity.
Last year the rules went out and teams conformed and built teams based upon the rules last year. To change the rules now after teams are rostered, and now to include 8th graders that played last year, makes the tournament irrelevant. In one year they ruined a good solid tournament.

And to all the posters saying that last years players are getting recruited and won't attend, yes some will be recruited and when the call comes from BS to play, they will be there. Let's not kid ourselves.

They changed the rules 3 months before the qualifiers and 6 months before the tournament itself. If clubs want to participate they have plenty of time to put together teams. The baseball rosters won't be set for the Little League World Series teams for months. The new rules make sense when you realize how much cutoff dates differ among areas of the US let alone other countries. Grade is in the eye of the beholder as has been well documented on this sight. My suspicion is that the desire to include Canadian teams drove the decision as they would either be at a big disadvantage or advantage depending on how their grades were equated.

My prediction is that the tournament will be won by a club with a lot of younger 2020's who are used to playing with older kids and now will be the oldest kids on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now should clubs build a "new team" for this event from their best 7th and 8th grade teams or go with their 7th grade teams and play kids 40-50 pounds bigger and stronger and risk major injury???Very interested in WSYL's opinion on this. What would they recommend the Club coaches do? Create brand new teams just for this event. Or boycott because the event does not fit how they are set up? The implications are significant. And confusing and very complicated. Sort of a total mess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The easiest way to find out who has the best 2021 team in the nation is go to the NLF Super Series event in Pa. If Icon & Igloo go possibly the best 8 teams in the nation will be playing each other. The teams are Crabs, 91, Express, Laxachusettes, Leading Edge, Eclipse, Primetime if you add Igloo & Icon that would truly be the best 2021 teams playing each other. Let's get Igloo & Icon to participate and no one complains.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now should clubs build a "new team" for this event from their best 7th and 8th grade teams or go with their 7th grade teams and play kids 40-50 pounds bigger and stronger and risk major injury???Very interested in WSYL's opinion on this. What would they recommend the Club coaches do? Create brand new teams just for this event. Or boycott because the event does not fit how they are set up? The implications are significant. And confusing and very complicated. Sort of a total mess.

just a mess for this year bc of last minute change. going fwd will be combo teams that meet the age requirement. they way all lax tourneys should be.. age based like every other sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Championships! National TV! Level playing field! Why are there still complaints? Hmmmm

Whining babies. Just can't satisfy everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Event is on Long Island - June 11th - will be a great field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, all the 91 and express players that they preselected teams for will be there. Of course, they are the best. Interesting how the team rosters panned out at NLF. No accidents there. Bad event. If you don't play for 91 or Express, do not do this. You will be screwed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, all the 91 and express players that they preselected teams for will be there. Of course, they are the best. Interesting how the team rosters panned out at NLF. No accidents there. Bad event. If you don't play for 91 or Express, do not do this. You will be screwed!

First off It's a tournament. Second off the NLF is not an open registration, it's invite only . It's also a shame but many of the igloo parents are taking on the whiny personality of their cheating leader stop crying, because of TA The express, 91 and a bunch of other clubs do not want igloo attending their events which is really unfortunate for your talented boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen six graders playing on JV in non hot bed areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island NO sixth graders can play middle school sports. Don't care how good you think your little johnny is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island NO sixth graders can play middle school sports. Don't care how good you think your little johnny is.

That's why club ball is important. At that age there is still so much to learn ant they are truly ready for it. Plus how would you get ready for WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off It's a tournament. Second off the NLF is not an open registration, it's invite only . It's also a shame but many of the igloo parents are taking on the whiny personality of their cheating leader stop crying, because of TA The express, 91 and a bunch of other clubs do not want igloo attending their events which is really unfortunate for your talented boys

I am sure it will change it used to be that way between 91 and express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought that was a NYS rule not just LI. 6th grade is still primary years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about NLF go start your own thread ....NO BACK TO ARE REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM. WORLD SERIES OF YOUTH LACROSSE RULE CHANGES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about NLF go start your own thread ....NO BACK TO ARE REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM. WORLD SERIES OF YOUTH LACROSSE RULE CHANGES

Its over, stop crying and sign up or watch on ESPN. Sponsored by Coca Cola!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its over, stop crying and sign up or watch on ESPN. Sponsored by Coca Cola!

Js BS and crew are a bunch of clowns who have forever comprised the integrity and the honor of the game . But as i was told there is no honor AMUNGST thieves

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard