BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very Large ? with 51 players how large could it be ?

The top recruits get a whole lot more money than everybody else.

At Syracuse isn't everyone a " top recruit" oh that's right only the 12 starters get full rides and everybody else gets zero. 12.5 scholarships is 12.5 scholarships even at Syracuse

Over a four year span here is an example of how the 12.6 could be divided.

12.6 split evenly over 4 years = 3.15 per year.

Top recruit gets .75

Number 2 recruit gets .5

number 3, 4, 5 get .3 each.

number 6, 7, 8 get .25 each.

9, 10. 11, 12 get zero.

.75 + .5 + .3 +.3 +.3 +.25 +.25 +.25 +.25 = 3.15 per year x 4 = 12.6

The coach can split it up any way they want. I don't think more than 30 players can be on athletic scholarship.

Bottom line: the top recruits get a lot more money.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed that the recruiting process needs to change. However, the change will come from those doing the recruiting, not the players/parents. I believe it is unrealistic to ask one family to make a stand and refuse an early offer, when there will be 25 other families lined up behind them to take that place.

It might take the NCAA a while to institute the change, but that doesn't stop athletic leagus/conferences from making their own rules. For instance, the Ivy League agreed as a group to NOT offer athletic scholarships, even though they could have under NCAA guidelines. Why can't the Ivy League, Big10, ECAC, etc. agree NOT to have any contact with recruits until 9/1 junior year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed that the recruiting process needs to change. However, the change will come from those doing the recruiting, not the players/parents. I believe it is unrealistic to ask one family to make a stand and refuse an early offer, when there will be 25 other families lined up behind them to take that place.

It might take the NCAA a while to institute the change, but that doesn't stop athletic leagus/conferences from making their own rules. For instance, the Ivy League agreed as a group to NOT offer athletic scholarships, even though they could have under NCAA guidelines. Why can't the Ivy League, Big10, ECAC, etc. agree NOT to have any contact with recruits until 9/1 junior year?

Because the coaches will cheat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At Syracuse isn't everyone a " top recruit" oh that's right only the 12 starters get full rides and everybody else gets zero. 12.5 scholarships is 12.5 scholarships even at Syracuse

Top recruit gets .75

Number 2 recruit gets .5

9, 10. 11, 12 get zero.

The coach can split it up any way they want. I don't think more than 30 players can be on athletic scholarship.

I wouldn't always equate verbal commitment with big scholarship money. Plenty of parents can and will write a check and are just looking to secure a spot - if youre attending a private school in Maryland or florida and paying 30K year I don't think college tuition is an issue. PS, mom and dad always drive the bus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top recruit gets .75

Number 2 recruit gets .5

9, 10. 11, 12 get zero.

I wouldn't always equate verbal commitment with big scholarship money. Plenty of parents can and will write a check and are just looking to secure a spot - if youre attending a private school in Maryland or florida and paying 30K year I don't think college tuition is an issue. PS, mom and dad always drive the bus

Another jealous parent who has no idea how it works with the best players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just said it yourself so clearly. You are exceptionally judgmental! You see, I would never judge someone because their kid has a coke! I would never agree that a child should not be in a car seat but I would never rush to judgement! People are not as perfect as you and you have made it clear that your standards are correct and anything you disagree with you judge. NOT THEY WAY I RAISE MY KIDS!
No one is saying there is anything wrong with the NCAA making changes. But until they do, who are we to point fingers at families and kids who have been given tremendous opportunities. So sick of people judging others on perceptions that you place on them. Stop playing God! You tell me what good comes of hurtful slander on this website directed clearly to a child who has been given a tremendous opportunity! Get over yourself. So who would defend this family against such attacks? GOOD PEOPLE!

What slander, the kid has committed as an 8th grader and people are expressing their opinion that this is too young to make such a decision. Is she a hold back based on age , yes . No idea why she is not in the appropriate grade based on her age but is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just said it yourself so clearly. You are exceptionally judgmental! You see, I would never judge someone because their kid has a coke! I would never agree that a child should not be in a car seat but I would never rush to judgement! People are not as perfect as you and you have made it clear that your standards are correct and anything you disagree with you judge. NOT THEY WAY I RAISE MY KIDS!
No one is saying there is anything wrong with the NCAA making changes. But until they do, who are we to point fingers at families and kids who have been given tremendous opportunities. So sick of people judging others on perceptions that you place on them. Stop playing God! You tell me what good comes of hurtful slander on this website directed clearly to a child who has been given a tremendous opportunity! Get over yourself. So who would defend this family against such attacks? GOOD PEOPLE!

What slander, the kid has committed as an 8th grader and people are expressing their opinion that this is too young to make such a decision. Is she a hold back based on age , yes . No idea why she is not in the appropriate grade based on her age but is what it is.

No one defending the ridiculously early commit to college has defended why we all know about this early commit. Anyone want to step and defend the parent making this public and subjecting their daughter to this spotlight?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's flattering to have an offer as an 8th grader. However we are talking about Syracuse. It's a mediocre academic institution with a good lacrosse program. If it was my daughter and we had an offer to Hopkins or Duke, I would seriously consider because those are reach schools for most top students. Average kids are admitted to Cuse, and I would want my daughter to strive for more. As a HS Sophomore or Jr. one would have a better idea if that would be the right academic fit. Why would you preselect a mediocre path for a 13 year old?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Time lax school with a $58 thousand price tag. Solid A for athletics, solid B for academics. If lacrosse is your thing its a top 5 program where you will compete for a national championship every year which disqualifies about 99.9999% of all other players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Time lax school with a $58 thousand price tag. Solid A for athletics, solid B for academics. If lacrosse is your thing its a top 5 program where you will compete for a national championship every year which disqualifies about 99.9999% of all other players.

Problem is, you may selling your 8th grader short by allow him/her to commit to a school that is academically beneath them. The will rise or fall to expectations. Sad that a parent would chose lacrosse over academics for an 8th grader! And FYI: a Nat Championship does not pay the bills!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One more FYI: Syracuse girls have NEVER won a Nat Championship, so good luck with that! Not a reason to sell your kid out on either level! Pretty much just bad parenting! Now come Jr. year, and your kid is a mediocre student, but good lax player, that would be the time to commit to a school like Cuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know the girl, but I think she will be ok in life post college. It seems like she is a quality kid from a strong family, and obviously a fantastic lax player.

I think she will be ok in life with that 'Cuse degree. In my opinion, it is what the kid puts into college more than the name of the college.

I am sure her parents are wringing their hands with their decision after all the expert posts on BOC. If we only had a website to critique everyones parenting decisions.

Good luck to the girl in college and lets hope she doesn't become homeless post grad because of her poor academic choice in colleges.

Out... I am taking the family out to dinner!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's worry about our own kids people. Serious ? The girl knows she's going to Syracuse already. And we all know she can change her mind and go somewhere else. Cmon. Enough drama.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know the girl, but I think she will be ok in life post college. It seems like she is a quality kid from a strong family, and obviously a fantastic lax player.

I think she will be ok in life with that 'Cuse degree. In my opinion, it is what the kid puts into college more than the name of the college.

I am sure her parents are wringing their hands with their decision after all the expert posts on BOC. If we only had a website to critique everyones parenting decisions.

Good luck to the girl in college and lets hope she doesn't become homeless post grad because of her poor academic choice in colleges.

Out... I am taking the family out to dinner!

Hope the girl doesn't turn on her parents later on for selling her out at 13. Just wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can only hope that she dosen't run off and join ISIS when this is all said and done! My prayers are with this young lady and family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was a real stupid comment.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That was a real stupid comment.

Stupid and nasty. No matter what you are talking about a young girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I apologize for my response to a lot of stupid, NASTY, and I will add jealous post.

Reflecting on my post I do apologize for adding to the MO of many of the threads and posts on BOC.

Best of luck to the young lady and her family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My respect for some of the posters on here has fallen to a new low - really, talking about ISIS and this kid??? [lacrosse]. Kudos to the poster that understands kids get out of college what they put into it. Further, for the poster who knocked SU, have you ever heard of the Newhouse School of Communications? SU has some top academic programs. I know people that have graduated from Ivy Leagues and are not very successful and I know people who have not even attended college and are highly successful. Get a life and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, ISIS poster - you are so stupid to tie this kid to the group ISIS as even you must know this is a major Natiomal Security issue with our country. After all lacrosse is just a game and ISIS is a real threat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My respect for some of the posters on here has fallen to a new low - really, talking about ISIS and this kid??? [lacrosse]. Kudos to the poster that understands kids get out of college what they put into it. Further, for the poster who knocked SU, have you ever heard of the Newhouse School of Communications? SU has some top academic programs. I know people that have graduated from Ivy Leagues and are not very successful and I know people who have not even attended college and are highly successful. Get a life and move on.

Still a mediocre school. Sure some have made the most out of certain programs. Overall, there are much higher aspirations I would want for my kids, that is if they are capable of course, which I would not know when they are THIRTEEN! Like I said before kids will rise or fall to expectations. If they know they don't need to work hard the next 4 yrs, they wont. Commit to Hopkins, I'm all for it and impressed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's always about the lax. People make interesting choices everyday on where to attend and often its just because of the Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what it sounds like this kid is such a great lacrosse player and she probably wants to play at the highest level possible. She would probably be so pissed when she will be constantly getting her [lacrosse] kicked by SU if she played at Hopkins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again I still don't see anyone defended this family's decision who can tell me why we all know about this situation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might there be an obligation to disclose if other schools such as Hopkins are also going after this kid? That is how the recruiting process works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe the jealousy on this site. Every one of you posters knocking her family , if it were your kid you would run out to LU and don every Syracuse hoodie and hat they had and wear it everywhere including Church . Btw that's where some of you should spend some more time . How bout maybe that is her dream school ? Let's move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what it sounds like this kid is such a great lacrosse player and she probably wants to play at the highest level possible. She would probably be so pissed when she will be constantly getting her [lacrosse] kicked by SU if she played at Hopkins.

Syracuse has yet to win anything. If you're looking for a championship you go to Maryland. Hopkins has great lacrosse plus a top notch education, which is much more important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might there be an obligation to disclose if other schools such as Hopkins are also going after this kid? That is how the recruiting process works.

Nope, nice try.

No obligation in any way to make a verbal commitment public. No obligation to give quotes to the newspaper. Just parental ego creating this situation for their daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any child in any sport (not just lacrosse) if they are the top player or the top handful of players in the country will get walked into 98% of schools because if you can write your name coaches can get you in so I am sure there were tons of offers. Congratulations, it's still insane, but congratulations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, nice try.

No obligation in any way to make a verbal commitment public. No obligation to give quotes to the newspaper. Just parental ego creating this situation for their daughter.

It's not her parents creating the "situation". It's the jealous haters that come along that create the situation. People like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, nice try.

It's not her parents creating the "situation". It's the jealous haters that come along that create the situation. People like you.

Why would anyone be jealous of an 8th grader commiting to a school that may be beneath her. Seems like they just want attention for being the "earliest" commit. They got it. Don't sell your kid short is the lesson I see here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wake up people most early verbals are about the lacrosse and the parents, not the school or the child

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see the quotes to newspapers by the parents. Please cite where you have seen them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any child in any sport (not just lacrosse) if they are the top player or the top handful of players in the country will get walked into 98% of schools because if you can write your name coaches can get you in so I am sure there were tons of offers. Congratulations, it's still insane, but congratulations.

"Tons of offers" , you are an idiot. Cant wait to see the little bio on inside lacrosse, other schools considered, "none". The kid only wanted to go to Cuse so good for her. The reasons why that is the case are none of anyones business and as far as academics are concerned settle down she could have done a lot worse and who knows maybe her parents own a lucrative business that she is going into after graduation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be very cool to play for Cuse; however the roster is HUGE. The are highschool all Americans that have ridden the bench for multiple years on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be very cool to play for Cuse; however the roster is HUGE. The are highschool all Americans that have ridden the bench for multiple years on that team.

Last year mid season they let around ten girls got cut from the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse not a school to be selling out an 8th grader to. Mediocre academics, and a lax program that hasn't won jack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
51 active girls this spring. That means they bring in about 13 girls a year with about 3 scholarships. If everybody got something it would be .2

I get pissed with playing time with our summer roster at 24!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see the quotes to newspapers by the parents. Please cite where you have seen them.

Yesterday, the Syracuse Orange women's lacrosse program received a verbal commitment from DELETED is a Florida Select attack and currently attends American Heritage School. She's in eighth grade.

She "is humbled and honored to play for the Orange and coach [Gary] Gait," she told FLN. She plans to major in communications and journalism.

Yeah, this 8th grader uses words like humbled ... sure. Why is the newspaper approaching her? How could they possibly know?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how does YJ list this girl on their website as a YJ if she plays for Florida Select?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard