BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
WSYL NEW RULES
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What is everyones thoughts on rule changes for WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new rules weather right or wrong, it doesn'tatter, what matters is the WSYL had a set of rules, and now 3 months prior to the event to benefit someone. All the clubs I've talked to have said they are now thinking of backing out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. That is what I have been hearing. Should change the eligibility rules mid way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some should contact ESPN and let them know the kind of tournament that they are involved with. You would think everyone would like to see a competitive tournament. I guess all except JS at Team 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TEAM L.O.
What is everyones thoughts on rule changes for WSYL?

What is WSYL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series of Youth Lacrosse. But what were the rules changes ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some should contact ESPN and let them know the kind of tournament that they are involved with. You would think everyone would like to see a competitive tournament. I guess all except JS at Team 91.

It's funny how everyone on here gripes about holdback and kids playing down etc. doesn't the change now make this a pure age based tourney? All clubs should form a new age based team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's funny how everyone on here gripes about holdback and kids playing down etc. doesn't the change now make this a pure age based tourney? All clubs should form a new age based team

Many teams have been formed since the fall, rules should go into play next year, give clubs the opportunity to select teams based on requirements. Would be wrong not to include kids already on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the rule change??

What yrs go to WSYL?

I saw it was 2020's last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The integrity of this WSYL has been tarnished by the few who HAVE NO INTEGRITY......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year was supposed to be 2021 but 91 fears the mighty Igloo so they gave a large donation to restructor the rules and now you have a new set of rules 3 months prior to qulifier what are they gonna do next year to alter again to suit themselves. Cause all will be prepared.... This is all about one organization fear of losing .....very sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team91 showing itself to be the biggest scumbags around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year it was grade based with an age cut off of May 1. Several teams had to leave the kids who were not age eligible home and that is what should happen when you win only by loading your team with older kids and holdbacks. Last year the rule changed from pure 2020 w a 9/1 cut off to 5/1 to try and accommodate Crabs or at least let them get more of their kids there. They still had to leave a few home but were able to field a team with the date change and adding a few kids from other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Highly doubtful that is what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's exactly what's happening JS All the way. This is why it is imperative that youth lacrosse goes age based. Now you have people holding tryouts just for one tournamenet, the whole thing is tainted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age date did not move, what's the problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's exactly what's happening JS All the way. This is why it is imperative that youth lacrosse goes age based. Now you have people holding tryouts just for one tournamenet, the whole thing is tainted.

They never moved the date, what nonsense are you talking.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
however they did take away the 2021 grade to suit themselves ....$$$$$$ talks ..... I hope most teams bail which i have a feeling is gonna happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age date did not move, what's the problem?

What is the legitimate proof that 91 was behind the discontinuance of the 2021 regulation? Just sounds like a bunch of conjecture from people who have issues with this program. I personally believe it should be 2021 with a cutoff of 9/1/2002.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TEAM L.O.
however they did take away the 2021 grade to suit themselves ....$$$$$$ talks ..... I hope most teams bail which i have a feeling is gonna happen.

The only one this suits is the "2021" team that has disregarded the rules for years. Yes, you know who you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the WSYL was legit they should have any team that is registered for the qualifier be able to vote on the new rule change. All results can be posted on their website with the team name and their response. This way it can be seen how corrupt this has become. I do agree that all teams should boycott this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of two top 2021 teams that are boycotting the event. If everyone who has held there kids back for WHATEVER reason doesn't matter would just play on there appropriate age team this would not be an issue. It's pretty clear cut as to why this sport we all love is being more and more ridiculed for the lack of common sense and oversight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny to watch all these people who complain about grade based whine when a tournament goes completely aged based but picks a cutoff date that doesn't suit them. Whenever someone says that 9/1 should be the cutoff all it means is that their son was born in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they have the same cutoff last year. What is the rule change?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny to watch all these people who complain about grade based whine when a tournament goes completely aged based but picks a cutoff date that doesn't suit them. Whenever someone says that 9/1 should be the cutoff all it means is that their son was born in the fall.

You don't think 5/1 is strange? I do. Not representative of any true grad year. Stinks of a hidden agenda!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't think 5/1 is strange? I do. Not representative of any true grad year. Stinks of a hidden agenda!

All cutoff dates are arbitrary. That is why people prefer grade based brackets until people start abusing them. 5/1 is just as good or as bad as any other date.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does make sure nobody is 14 before the qualifiers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly where have u ever heard of 5/1 as cut off, that poster must be one of the holdback dads. Sounds like he trying to take a stab at realistic people on behalf of his holdback. Lmao

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly where have u ever heard of 5/1 as cut off, that poster must be one of the holdback dads. Sounds like he trying to take a stab at realistic people on behalf of his holdback. Lmao

Sorry my son is not a holdback. Just find it hilarious when all of the age based proponents change their minds when the date isn't favorable to their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the same date as last year only they are not asking for proof of grade. Since 5/1/02-11/30/02 is really a 2020 in NY the 2021 teams with holdbacks just lost there advantage. Its really not that big of a deal except that some teams will be carrying 8th graders. Its really the same as when the holdbacks say its ok he's in the grade. Now you will just hear. It's ok he's the correct age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the same date as last year only they are not asking for proof of grade. Since 5/1/02-11/30/02 is really a 2020 in NY the 2021 teams with holdbacks just lost there advantage. Its really not that big of a deal except that some teams will be carrying 8th graders. Its really the same as when the holdbacks say its ok he's in the grade. Now you will just hear. It's ok he's the correct age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted about using the 9/1 cutoff date because that has always been used for U based tournaments. My son was born in May of 2003 and is a 2021 as he should be. Actually, he will be able to play in the WSYL next year also.......LOL......not. We will refuse to play down when the calls come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of two top 2021 teams that are boycotting the event. If everyone who has held there kids back for WHATEVER reason doesn't matter would just play on there appropriate age team this would not be an issue. It's pretty clear cut as to why this sport we all love is being more and more ridiculed for the lack of common sense and oversight.

What teams are boycotting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The logical approach would be to align with US Lacrosse guidelines and announce the WSYL rules well in advance (before team tryouts in August). The original rules were tilted to benefit a select few teams and the recent rules changes were clearly made to further benefit a select few teams. ESPN must be having second thoughts now that they are aware of the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The logical approach would be to align with US Lacrosse guidelines and announce the WSYL rules well in advance (before team tryouts in August). The original rules were tilted to benefit a select few teams and the recent rules changes were clearly made to further benefit a select few teams. ESPN must be having second thoughts now that they are aware of the situation.

Strongly agree with that. Why in the world would WSYL have a different cutoff than the national governing body USL? Makes absolutely no sense and frankly, it's an embarrassment to the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Little league World Series uses 5/1 as a cutoff date. Why would ESPN care if the WSYL uses the same date?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The date never changed the fact that teams "could" use 2020 kids is false. The top clubs who have 20's that could shift power will be committing to schools this summer 91,express crabs etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong my friend very wrong they are now creating special teams based on new rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just another tournament. It's cool that it's televised, but it's not a national championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong my friend very wrong they are now creating special teams based on new rules

Dah who didn't see that coming.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard