BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 70 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are top 5 out of state teams in 2023

I am interested as well but also interested in the best teams overall (not just inside or outside of NY).

Bandits
Igloo
Bethesda (MD)
Shore 2 shore
Patriots (NJ)
Badgers
Carol Manor (MD)
Outlaws
Empire
Warriors
Legacy

Looneys and FCA were tops in baltimore last year for 2023. Crabs starts in 5th grade and should be good. Carroll Manor is a rec team. Most of their better kids are full time club now

Good catch. I would agree and put them above Patriots

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am interested as well but also interested in the best teams overall (not just inside or outside of NY).

Bandits
Igloo
Bethesda (MD)
Shore 2 shore
Patriots (NJ)
Badgers
Carol Manor (MD)
Outlaws
Empire
Warriors
Legacy

Interesting. Shore to Shore has played how many games as an organization? 6? And they're already 4th in the country? Impressive! Igloo won one weak fall tournament and they are #2? Even more impressive! Outlaws are a solid club, but probably below Warriors and Empire. Badgers seems about right. Warriors beat Empire a bunch last season so they're probably above them. Ranking teams at this stage of the season is nonsense. Especially considering that probably 3 of those NY teams have even played and MD teams. The only thing that is correct about that post is that the Bandits are on top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits
Igloo
Bethesda (MD)
Shore 2 shore
Patriots (NJ)
Badgers
Carol Manor (MD)
Outlaws
Empire
Warriors
Legacy

Interesting. Shore to Shore has played how many games as an organization? 6? And they're already 4th in the country? Impressive! Igloo won one weak fall tournament and they are #2? Even more impressive! Outlaws are a solid club, but probably below Warriors and Empire. Badgers seems about right. Warriors beat Empire a bunch last season so they're probably above them. Ranking teams at this stage of the season is nonsense. Especially considering that probably 3 of those NY teams have even played and MD teams. The only thing that is correct about that post is that the Bandits are on top.

Yeah, this list is a joke from someone, and to make it look like it is serious to the newcomer, they put Bandits 1st.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits
Igloo
Bethesda (MD)
Shore 2 shore
Patriots (NJ)
Badgers
Carol Manor (MD)
Outlaws
Empire
Warriors
Legacy

Yeah, this list is a joke from someone, and to make it look like it is serious to the newcomer, they put Bandits 1st.

Will there be a tournament that all of these LI teams actually play in? Probably not... that would make too much sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
League 1 League 2
Bandits Badgers
Shore to Shore Igloo
Outlaws Empire
Warriors Legacy

Play 2 league games and 2 crossover games throughout the spring. Keep standings with playoff format. Have a coaches meeting for seeding and place in appropriate league. Home and away games with each home team responsible for field and split ref cost.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
League 1 League 2
Bandits Badgers
Shore to Shore Igloo
Outlaws Empire
Warriors Legacy

Play 2 league games and 2 crossover games throughout the spring. Keep standings with playoff format. Have a coaches meeting for seeding and place in appropriate league. Home and away games with each home team responsible for field and split ref cost.

What about having True Blue in this list? This team is going all the way to beat the Bandits.Joe C. is going to lead the way!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
League 1 League 2
Bandits Badgers
Shore to Shore Igloo
Outlaws Empire
Warriors Legacy

What about having True Blue in this list? This team is going all the way to beat the Bandits.Joe C. is going to lead the way!!

Is that Togo joe c?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea.

Build up this age group so Long Island dominates in the future

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
League 1 League 2
Bandits Badgers
Shore to Shore Igloo
Outlaws Empire
Warriors Legacy

OK you drank the JC juice....They have a good group but lets not get carried away, they have to beat a few top teams first. They will not catch the Bandits!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to the forum. My little guy plays 2024. Question; when the Badgers played the Bandits they were epic games. A week in advance, there would be alot of trash talk leading up to a game you just had to see. Most of the time I would run over to watch it if the game didn't conflict with my sons game. The sidelines were pretty packed with parents who didn't have kids playing. Great rivalry. Why has that changed? Seems the feeling is the Bandits are in a league of their own.
Why have things changed so drastically in this grade.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
League 1 League 2
Bandits Badgers
Shore to Shore Igloo
Outlaws Empire
Warriors Legacy

OK you drank the JC juice....They have a good group but lets not get carried away, they have to beat a few top teams first. They will not catch the Bandits!!!!

He promised us we would be the best. We are the best. Come see for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets discuss a season format!!! Standings, playoffs, all star games. End of year dinner. What are we doing????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets discuss a season format!!! Standings, playoffs, all star games. End of year dinner. What are we doing????

Never will happen. Unless the clubs have their hands in the money pot; they will never allow their teams to be a part of it. MC is a complete AH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to the forum. My little guy plays 2024. Question; when the Badgers played the Bandits they were epic games. A week in advance, there would be alot of trash talk leading up to a game you just had to see. Most of the time I would run over to watch it if the game didn't conflict with my sons game. The sidelines were pretty packed with parents who didn't have kids playing. Great rivalry. Why has that changed? Seems the feeling is the Bandits are in a league of their own.
Why have things changed so drastically in this grade.

Truthfully, they were never epic games. Bandits always won and most times it was not close. What happened is that kids got older. Some got better, some got bigger,some stayed the same. The bandits will always attract the top talent. They are the elite team in the age group and, despite what they will tell you, parents want their kids to play for them. There were issues with the Badgers coaching, yes, but that's not why they have dropped down to the rest of the pack. The fact is, it's a very strong age group. There are a lot of really great kids spread out on many good teams. It's not that the Badgers necessarily got worse, other clubs just got better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do the Warriors fit into all this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They fit in with the Hurricanes, Fighting Ducks, and Stampede.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Realistically, they would probably fall below Bandits, Badgers and Igloo and above Outlaws, Empire and Legacy.

At any given tournament, any of these teams (with the exception of the Bandits) could beat or lose to another. We'll see how it goes in the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They fit in with the Hurricanes, Fighting Ducks, and Stampede.

Now THAT'S funny! This must be from an Empire parent! And I bet I can guess which one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Realistically, they would probably fall below Bandits, Badgers and Igloo and above Outlaws, Empire and Legacy.

At any given tournament, any of these teams (with the exception of the Bandits) could beat or lose to another. We'll see how it goes in the summer.

Until the warriors beat someone other than themselves they will always be 91's c- team - they have splito games with empire true blue and legacy - haven't won a game against igloo - express team 1 -Outlaws or even shore 2 shore, maybe thus summer will be different but until they win some games against some competitive teams they will always be the other 91 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Until the warriors beat someone other than themselves they will always be 91's c- team - they have splito games with empire true blue and legacy - haven't won a game against igloo - express team 1 -Outlaws or even shore 2 shore, maybe thus summer will be different but until they win some games against some competitive teams they will always be the other 91 team

Agreed, they will always be the Bandits little brothers. My sons team played them a bunch last year and they're a solid team though. They played us tough and the games were always pretty close. They had our number in the last few tourneys. They are not close to Bandits and got blown out by Igloo in the fall, although I saw igloo play two weeks later and they were not nearly as good. Totally different team. Until Igloo, Warriors, Outlaws, Shore to Shore, Empire and Badgers play each other this is all garbage talk anyway.

If you judge by this fall, it looks like things should be very interesting this summer. Shore 2 Shore looked very legit for a new club, Badgers still looked good but within reach of the pack. Igloo is a mystery because they were so different at two separate showings, Legacy lost some quality kids and took a giant step back but still have some talent. Warriors will be good. Outlaws looked OK but much more beatlable than last year (have heard some uneven reviews from parents on the team, but things seem to be getting better). Our Empire team looks stronger than last year and we're definitely putting the time in this winter.

Rank them however you will (it doesn't mean crap till the summer), but I would say those are the teams in the pack below the bandits. Anyone that says different just hasn't been watching or thinks their sons team is just flat out better than it is. His team his closer to these teams than the Bandits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newby here: What happened to Express Team 2 Channy? Do they still have 29-30 kids on the team???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Zummo coaching the 2023 Legacy team now? Is that a "Taz" team now? Doesn't he already coach 2020 and 2024? Seems like he's spreading himself pretty thin. Or is he just putting his name on the team to keep interest like JS is doing at 91?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newby here: What happened to Express Team 2 Channy? Do they still have 29-30 kids on the team???

They played in some fall tourneys and I think I remember them putting them in a two teams. I'm not sure if they were broken up by ability or just randomly though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, they will always be the Bandits little brothers. My sons team played them a bunch last year and they're a solid team though. They played us tough and the games were always pretty close. They had our number in the last few tourneys. They are not close to Bandits and got blown out by Igloo in the fall, although I saw igloo play two weeks later and they were not nearly as good. Totally different team. Until Igloo, Warriors, Outlaws, Shore to Shore, Empire and Badgers play each other this is all garbage talk anyway.

If you judge by this fall, it looks like things should be very interesting this summer. Shore 2 Shore looked very legit for a new club, Badgers still looked good but within reach of the pack. Igloo is a mystery because they were so different at two separate showings, Legacy lost some quality kids and took a giant step back but still have some talent. Warriors will be good. Outlaws looked OK but much more beatlable than last year (have heard some uneven reviews from parents on the team, but things seem to be getting better). Our Empire team looks stronger than last year and we're definitely putting the time in this winter.

Rank them however you will (it doesn't mean crap till the summer), but I would say those are the teams in the pack below the bandits. Anyone that says different just hasn't been watching or thinks their sons team is just flat out better than it is. His team his closer to these teams than the Bandits.

That's a pretty accurate statement. you'll still have haters though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a pretty accurate statement. you'll still have haters though.

there's really nothing wrong with being the "bandits little brothers". every team in 2023 and some 2022 are their little brothers. they're a good team in that age, has a fighting chance along with all the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played in some fall tourneys and I think I remember them putting them in a two teams. I'm not sure if they were broken up by ability or just randomly though.

last i heard from a dad on the team was they still had all those kids. he wasn't happy about that. i think basically between the channy team 2 and team 3, they took everyone that tried out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Zummo coaching the 2023 Legacy team now? Is that a "Taz" team now? Doesn't he already coach 2020 and 2024? Seems like he's spreading himself pretty thin. Or is he just putting his name on the team to keep interest like JS is doing at 91?

I haven't heard that, but I doubt it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

last i heard from a dad on the team was they still had all those kids. he wasn't happy about that. i think basically between the channy team 2 and team 3, they took everyone that tried out.

What would be the strategy behind keeping so many weak players? The good clubs only field 1 team that is competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What would be the strategy behind keeping so many weak players? The good clubs only field 1 team that is competitive.

Money is the strategy. The Honeybadgers are their competitive 2023 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they dropped a bunch of kids after fall season to get down to a roster in low 20s. More typical size. some talent in roster but not deep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they drop kids after they held a tryout and took their money???? They obviously don't care what it does to their reputation to have teams getting pummled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not nice to accept and then drop them if true. Did they push them down to the third team? They could use the help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't imagine that this really occurred. They would much rather keep them and split them into two teams than cut them. That would give them 4 teams at the 2023 level. Maybe they could move some players to their white team. That's a more developmental team (from the mouths of the parents on the sidelines). But, I would not expect Express to let $$ walk away. It goes against the travel lax business model!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it okay to have tryouts in August, select your team and then add a player in January? Especially when the majority of your team returns and was successful. All spots are filled. What message does that send?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it okay to have tryouts in August, select your team and then add a player in January? Especially when the majority of your team returns and was successful. All spots are filled. What message does that send?

They put all the kids together, observe them, and then allocate them to the appropriate team (A,B,C)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team added kids in January?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

message sent is keep practicing, no one is guaranteed a spot. It's called the real world

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

message sent is keep practicing, no one is guaranteed a spot. It's called the real world

I heard that the Bandits took a kid from the Warriors after Shamrock last year. I guess it happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Badgers added a kid from the Bandits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits added one or 2 kids from Badgers. Saw a new kid practice with them who had a badger sticker on his helmet. He was a middy.

Page 30 of 70 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard