BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Re: 2015 NPYLL Score and Results
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So HOCO clubs all have no problem fielding AA teams but NYPLL teams have "trouble" fielding quality AA teams. That's the insinuation.

Laughing.

I guess we will see!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So HOCO clubs all have no problem fielding AA teams but NYPLL teams have "trouble" fielding quality AA teams. That's the insinuation.

Laughing.

I guess we will see!

didn't say that. most hoco teams can't field AA teams at all levels either. at least clubs combining into one league should do away with silly pissing matches about which league is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A former NPYLL Team will win every grade of HOCO AA this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughing.

I guess we will see!

don't think the poster meant that! Reading and comprehension must not be your strong suit. He said that HOCO had more divisions, so if your club has a weak year they have a "B" division for your team. Nothing worse than being forced to play up in a division you can't compete in.

Maybe, if NPYLL had lower divisions they wouldn't have folded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever. We beat every npyll team we played last year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to see the HOCO league tell Crabs you are not welcome here. No, not because they win so much, it is how they manipulate the system to win, especially 2020 and 2021. Let them go up to Pa every weekend and play there. I'm sure Crab daddy Ryan M isn't happy about his league folding, he will lose money and that he doesn't like. He is driven by power and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should reread the post Captain GED! The post doesn't have Divisions mentioned in it like you qouted. Club quality maybe. If you want to question a post feel free to quote it correctly, or do you always lack integrity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say keep them out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should reread the post Captain GED! The post doesn't have Divisions mentioned in it like you qouted. Club quality maybe. If you want to question a post feel free to quote it correctly, or do you always lack integrity?

nobody knows who you are referring to. Keep up the good work though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is your quote? You little simple man!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to see the HOCO league tell Crabs you are not welcome here. No, not because they win so much, it is how they manipulate the system to win, especially 2020 and 2021. Let them go up to Pa every weekend and play there. I'm sure Crab daddy Ryan M isn't happy about his league folding, he will lose money and that he doesn't like. He is driven by power and money.

The HOCO should have a special place in the Hall of SHAME of Lacrosse. They were the league that started all this grade base teams. The stupid MYLA tried to have a Club League and MYLA and HoCO set up a grade base league.Still dont know why they did it except to accommodate the Private Schools and prefirsts??? Whatever reason Howard County Recreation deserves to be included in the Hall of Shame... Once the grade base leagues came out...That was all that the Crabs needed and within a year had stated to corner the market on holdbacks/prefirsts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the teams are handcuffed. This would be time to make it grade based. Or at least a division. Make a statement Howard county. Se t the new norm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those top 5 teams in each divisions more than likely actually have to play their age. Wow. Vs 9th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I stand corrected. This won't end the NYPLL is better than Hoco pissing match. Congratulations on raising a NYPLL kid. D1 all-american for sure. Do you have "My kid is NYPLL" bumper sticker?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the teams are handcuffed. This would be time to make it grade based. Or at least a division. Make a statement Howard county. Se t the new norm.

It is already grade based. Did you mean have HoCo put some maximum age restrictions in place per grade? Doubt they would do that as some of them have their hand in the proverbial holdback pot too with personal vested interests in supporting the holdback status quo. The lacrosse world at the top is a very tight and intertwined group but the hope would be that a governmentally sponsored league will be the ones to finally do the right thing to stop the lunacy and put in age restrictions by grade in the interest of all kids - not just their own and that of the "adults" running the bigger clubs who have distorted the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone confirm the NPYLL has folded for 2016?

Details please like how you know, this is interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could this finally be the moment that Ryan McClernan gets muscled out rather than vice versa? A new DMV to Annapolis league and a current HOCO league for central and northern MD both without Crabs would really impale Ryan's youth programs. I doubt Crabs would be welcomed into HOCO, and there are plenty of other club owners in the DMV who have no love lost for RM. This might get interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr Madlax pulled Cannons and Madlax out and the league collapsed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs were a founding HoCo team - they were a big reason why NPYLL went grade based

Why do people think they are going to get squeezed out now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are in HOCO. Move on. Every Club Team in Maryland is now in HOCO. Good thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This certainly puts all the best teams in one place. Should be very interesting and extremely competitive. Too bad Crabs will still be able to game the system with all the holdbacks - but - I'd bet there are a few clubs that will give them a run for their money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This certainly puts all the best teams in one place. Should be very interesting and extremely competitive. Too bad Crabs will still be able to game the system with all the holdbacks - but - I'd bet there are a few clubs that will give them a run for their money.

True, Crabs will still be able to game the system with their many holdbacks and agree there are some teams that will give Crabs a strong game but I just feel why let Ryan M and his corrupt organization in and let them ruin a fairly good league. This man has a lot of power in youth lacrosse and is one of the reasons it is getting f'ed up. Would like to see him knocked down a peg or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, Crabs will still be able to game the system with their many holdbacks and agree there are some teams that will give Crabs a strong game but I just feel why let Ryan M and his corrupt organization in and let them ruin a fairly good league. This man has a lot of power in youth lacrosse and is one of the reasons it is getting f'ed up. Would like to see him knocked down a peg or two.

It will never happen with Howard County despite their talk that they have legitimacy and fairness within youth sports as their main focus. Crabs will not be banned from the league nor will any negative behavior by the mainstream teams suffer consequences because there are folks there who are close to RM and participate in the holdback environment themselves. Do not expect fairness and legitimacy of the sport to be protected just because it is a County sponsored league. Best thing they could do is put a maximum age per grade like tournaments are beginning to do so kids 1 and 2 years older are not on teams that are supposed to be another age but just because that is the best and right thing to do in the interest of the majority of kids, they will continue to participate in the environment that protects the minority and who are perceived to yield the most power.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are in HOCO. Move on. Every Club Team in Maryland is now in HOCO. Good thing.

Must be a Crab or someone who shares their philosophy that gaming the system is okay. If they are in, guess here comes another league with no morals and folks who are afraid to set the standard and stand up for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should at least go by the World Series rules from last summer. June 1st if I'm not mistaken. No one should be playing in an 8th grade league at 15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this basically means I will spend this spring listening to lacrosse parents from Virginia complain about driving to Maryland every weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing how everyone gives the Madlax owner a pass when he actually threatens his own players/families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing how everyone gives the Madlax owner a pass when he actually threatens his own players/families.

Ah he was put up on Deadspin and called the worst club owner in America. I would not call that a pass. He is crazy this is true. But I would say 80% of all these club leaders are nuts. He has never hit or shaken any players. To be honest with you I think he has a mild form of Tourette's. Or social anxiety disorder. Not excuses just maybe a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah he was put up on Deadspin and called the worst club owner in America. I would not call that a pass. He is crazy this is true. But I would say 80% of all these club leaders are nuts. He has never hit or shaken any players. To be honest with you I think he has a mild form of Tourette's. Or social anxiety disorder. Not excuses just maybe a reason.

There was plenty of crazy going strong on both sides of that ungrateful DeadSpin article. The parents involved were nutballs. I used to think Madlax owner was just the worst. I eventually came around to understanding I just hadn't given the other DMV area club owners including our own to show their true colors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughing.

I guess we will see!

Don't know how the other ages did, but the Hoco 2022 league had 1 AA team that won every game by at least 10 ( and was in NPYLL the year before). Sounds like only 1 quality AA team in that grade. Fielding an AA team is different than being able to compete at The AA level.

I think the clubs left NPYLL for logistical reasons as much as competitive ones. Coordinating fields and refs for games was too much for some clubs being run part time by dads. NPYLL games rarely had a working scoreboard. Hoco makes it nice and easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughing.

I guess we will see!

Don't know how the other ages did, but the Hoco 2022 league had 1 AA team that won every game by at least 10 ( and was in NPYLL the year before). Sounds like only 1 quality AA team in that grade. Fielding an AA team is different than being able to compete at The AA level.

I think the clubs left NPYLL for logistical reasons as much as competitive ones. Coordinating fields and refs for games was too much for some clubs being run part time by dads. NPYLL games rarely had a working scoreboard. Hoco makes it nice and easy.

So I am with Madlax never played in HOCO. What should us Madlax parents expect from HOCO. Are all the games played at one field or all over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughing.

I guess we will see!

So I am with Madlax never played in HOCO. What should us Madlax parents expect from HOCO. Are all the games played at one field or all over?

All HOCO games are played at one of the Howard County regional parks. Blandair, Western etc. All have multiple turf fields with operating scoreboards. There are usually food vendors there during games as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughing.

I guess we will see!

Usually always the same park for each age group which can have multiple fields. The website fior Hoco lists multiple possible sites. Bland air has the most fields.

The official name of the league is Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference so google that for the homepage with info.

I think clubs can host home games on their home fields if they want but one of the key benefits of Hoco is they provide the fields.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are HOCO games always on Sunday's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are HOCO games always on Sunday's?

Yes. Except for 8th which is sat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious. Are travel team games on Sunday's so that players can play in rec teams on Saturdays?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious. Are travel team games on Sunday's so that players can play in rec teams on Saturdays?

Yes. That was the original intent. club league was scheduled around myla games and club practices supposed to be only on fri. Only lasted one year. Teams can practice as much as they want now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry. New to travel teams. If games are Sunday's , what do teams like Madlax, NL, Bethesda, etc do on Saturdays? Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry. New to travel teams. If games are Sunday's , what do teams like Madlax, NL, Bethesda, etc do on Saturdays? Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Practice

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard