Winter Clinics & Preseason Training Available - Check Camps/Clinics Forum Section | Registration is now Open for the CBLaxers.com UnD1sputed Showcases!!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics3,454
Posts357,391
Members2,529
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
2020 girl commits to Syracuse
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
J
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
J
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
DELETED
has supposedly committed to Syracuse.(re.Sun-Sentinal). She's only half way through the eighth grade. CRAZY. When I was in the eighth grade I was just trying to walk and chew gum at the same time. What a world we live in!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: The thread has turned to trash
Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=jackstraw deleted from AmericanHertage/Delray has supposedly committed to Syracuse.(re.Sun-Sentinal). She's only half way through the eighth grade. CRAZY. When I was in the eighth grade I was just trying to walk and chew gum at the same time. What a world we live in! [/quote]

Not good enough source, Sun Sentinel. Someone on here is demanding Sports Illustrated write up as proof, LOL. Anyway, congrats to her!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=jackstra from AmericanHertage/Delray has supposedly committed to Syracuse.(re.Sun-Sentinal). She's only half way through the eighth grade. CRAZY. When I was in the eighth grade I was just trying to walk and chew gum at the same time. What a world we live in!


Not good enough source, Sun Sentinel. Someone on here is demanding Sports Illustrated write up as proof, LOL. Anyway, congrats to her! [/quote]

There's a relationship with gait

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quotehas supposedly committed to Syracuse.(re.Sun-Sentinal). She's only half way through the eighth grade. CRAZY. When I was in the eighth grade I was just trying to walk and chew gum at the same time. What a world we live in!


Not good enough source, Sun Sentinel. Someone on here is demanding Sports Illustrated write up as proof, LOL. Anyway, congrats to her!


There's a relationship with gait[/quote]

and she's a year older, of course. and i'm sure she is also still learning to walk and chew gum.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its interesting at this age if college coaches consider a kids actual age when evaluating players . Every parent knows that at the 8th grade age 1 year makes such a difference . I don't think college coaches even consider it as when my daughter went thru it I don't recall any coach asking her how old she was or her birthday. Now that 8th and 9th graders are being recruited its makes a bigger difference . Take a descent 9th grade player move them to 8th and that kid will look like a superstar etc. but in reality as they get older that year becomes less of an advantage .

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That wasn't a demand for proof. We all knew it happened. It's just starting to get out now, and as this commitment generates more visibility, you're seeing more and more people call it out for how absurd it is, connection to gait or not.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its interesting at this age if college coaches consider a kids actual age when evaluating players . Every parent knows that at the 8th grade age 1 year makes such a difference . I don't think college coaches even consider it as when my daughter went thru it I don't recall any coach asking her how old she was or her birthday. Now that 8th and 9th graders are being recruited its makes a bigger difference . Take a descent 9th grade player move them to 8th and that kid will look like a superstar etc. but in reality as they get older that year becomes less of an advantage .

That is the thing that baffles me about the hold back thing. I recently saw this first hand on the boy's side. A friend of mine's son had zero D1 interest and could not make an A team in 2018. Same kid this fall drops to 2019 and makes the All-Star team at Philly Freshman Showcase and gets a write up about how great he is. That same kid come freshman year of College, he will have to play against the older kids again... What then? The Coaches don't understand this? I guess that's why the biggest offenders of holdback recruitment, UNC, Hop, MD,UVA and few others have but one championship between them in last number of years...

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol love your post. I have too seen this with the hold backs. It will blow up in these guys faces.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to anyone that gets and early offer but any parent of an athletic holdback child should have their child taken away from them by the state!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to anyone that gets and early offer but any parent of an athletic holdback child should have their child taken away from them by the state!


The kids lives in Florida. Cut off for school are different in different parts of the country. I know that in Pennsylvania (or at least some parts),the cut is Sept. 1st and in Indiana, the cut off is June 1st. I agree there are plenty of red-shirts out there, but everything is not always as cut and dried as it may seem.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations! It is always lonely at the top. This won't be the last time you encounter jealousy. It's nothing but ugly. Ignore it and best of luck. MANY people will be routing for you and only a few jealous people will rough against you. Congratulations and best of luck!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's good to see that people are not only talking about all the hold-backs in Maryland. Looks like they do it everywhere. What's interesting is - that for girls - they grow and mature earlier - by the time they are in high school - the others will catch up. Maybe it was prudent for the parents to commit now - waiting until she is a junior in high school would have nullified their "hold back strategy".

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MANY people will be routing for you


Im routing right now. Routing my way to work. Then Im going to route some wood with a router. Then maybe route some network traffic over my Sysco router. But I'm certainly not routing an 8th grader. That would be gross and probably illegal outside of Florida.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of you who come on here have a warped perception of what you want and you want this girl to fail. YOU are sick. The worst kind of evil is the one who makes themselves try to look smart by making other people's situation look bad. Unless you are in this girls shoes and unless you are THAT family... you have no business making assumptions as to "hold back' or any other implications you make to make yourself feel better because although you TRULY believe you are not jealous, YOU ARE. Your intentions - to save the young players - no one believes for a second you care that much about the well being of these girls. Chances are, you never have to worry about what you would do if given the same opportunity. If your daughter was in 8th grade and was a stand out - given an offer - you say you know what you would do. You are such a perfect person you would be "father of the year" and tell those coaches XYZ.. Sure you would! NO ONE should pass judgement on anyone unless they have walked in their shoes. So stop pretending you are that perfect parent, wish people well with their unique situations and focus on your own. Your know it all, perfect parenting is exploiting you way more than it is the girl you are bullying. Grow the [lacrosse] up!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most of you who come on here have a warped perception of what you want and you want this girl to fail. YOU are sick. The worst kind of evil is the one who makes themselves try to look smart by making other people's situation look bad. Unless you are in this girls shoes and unless you are THAT family... you have no business making assumptions as to "hold back' or any other implications you make to make yourself feel better because although you TRULY believe you are not jealous, YOU ARE. Your intentions - to save the young players - no one believes for a second you care that much about the well being of these girls. Chances are, you never have to worry about what you would do if given the same opportunity. If your daughter was in 8th grade and was a stand out - given an offer - you say you know what you would do. You are such a perfect person you would be "father of the year" and tell those coaches XYZ.. Sure you would! NO ONE should pass judgement on anyone unless they have walked in their shoes. So stop pretending you are that perfect parent, wish people well with their unique situations and focus on your own. Your know it all, perfect parenting is exploiting you way more than it is the girl you are bullying. Grow the [lacrosse] up!


Well said.



Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You try to look so level headed in what you write but by talking about "hold backs" you are just as much an idiot. As if parents at the birth of their daughter think about holding them back for sports. If it makes you feel better to constantly convince the world that these kids are good because they are "holdbacks" get a life!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You try to look so level headed in what you write but by talking about "hold backs" you are just as much an idiot. As if parents at the birth of their daughter think about holding them back for sports. If it makes you feel better to constantly convince the world that these kids are good because they are "holdbacks" get a life!


First off there are parents that know they are going to hold their kid back because they believe as I do that it gives their kid an advantage both academically and athletically. To act as if these kids would be just as successful if they played on age is just ignorant ,then why have age divisions at all. It really does not come from any jealousy at all I just think that the playing field should be equal as in most other sports where teams are based on age and not grade. For all I know college coaches do consider age but that seems doubtful . As far as the Florida kid good for her as it is my understanding that Cuse was really the only school she wanted to go to but lets not pretend she is the creates player in her age group because of it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just not sure why you all care so much? (and don't even try and say you are concerned for the other girls or you will sound so foolish) It's like everything else in life. We fixate more on the 1%. So much attention given to something that affects <1% - it's like that in everything. This has nothing to do with 99.9% of the world and here we make it a major topic of discussion. No one will admit it is because of jealousy because you actually believe you aren't jealous. Well, hate to break it to you but if you weren't jealous - no one would care about this one great kid AND... no one ever claimed she was the best - that, I suppose is another thing you have brought into your perception of the situation. Leave it alone!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Assuming this is accurate, would seem to prove the holdback discussion - not different school enrollment dates for different states. A 7th grader in 2014 would be an 8th grader in 2015 and a 9th grader in 2016 (this year).


Eighth-Grader Commits, Brings Recruiting Proposals to Light

Florida Select attacker , an eighth-grader at American Heritage School in Delray Beach, Fla., has verbally committed to play at Syracuse, according to Florida Lacrosse News. It's the earliest such commitment ever reported in men's or women's lacrosse, and comes at a time when college coaches are lobbying the NCAA to adopt legislation to stem early recruiting.

a member of the Sun Sentinel's All-Palm Beach team in 2014 as a seventh-grader, is the first player from her club team to commit to a college. She "is humbled and honored to play for the Orange and coach [Gary] Gait," she told FLN. She plans to major in communications and journalism.

Current NCAA recruiting rules say coaches canít initiate communication with a prospective-student athlete until Sept 1. of his or her junior year of high school, but there is nothing stopping recruits from starting the process or from using third-party communication through a club or high school coach, for example. Those rules also don't apply to those too young to be classified as prospects by the NCAA definition of ninth-grade. (In men's basketball only, it's seventh-grade.)

Before current junior a goalie for Long Beach (N.Y.) High's varsity squad since seventh grade, was the earliest to commit to an NCAA Division I women's program. A member of the Yellow Jackets club, Reznick verbally committed to Florida on Aug. 20, 2014.

Similarly, this past July, just a few months shy of beginning his freshman year at Oakville Trafalgar High in Ontario, Canadian attackman became the earliest verbal commitment to an NCAA Division I men's lacrosse program Ė Virginia. The first freshman on record to make a verbal commitment to a Division I men's team was 6-foot-2 attackman Forry Smith, now a senior at The Haverford School (Pa.) who plans to attend Johns Hopkins next year.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most of you who come on here have a warped perception of what you want and you want this girl to fail. YOU are sick. The worst kind of evil is the one who makes themselves try to look smart by making other people's situation look bad. Unless you are in this girls shoes and unless you are THAT family... you have no business making assumptions as to "hold back' or any other implications you make to make yourself feel better because although you TRULY believe you are not jealous, YOU ARE. Your intentions - to save the young players - no one believes for a second you care that much about the well being of these girls. Chances are, you never have to worry about what you would do if given the same opportunity. If your daughter was in 8th grade and was a stand out - given an offer - you say you know what you would do. You are such a perfect person you would be "father of the year" and tell those coaches XYZ.. Sure you would! NO ONE should pass judgement on anyone unless they have walked in their shoes. So stop pretending you are that perfect parent, wish people well with their unique situations and focus on your own. Your know it all, perfect parenting is exploiting you way more than it is the girl you are bullying. Grow the [lacrosse] up!


Misses the point ... why do we all know about this early recruit? Has anyone asked this question? The school doesn't say anything about it. The coach can't say anything about it. How does it end up in the paper and all over the internet? Think about it. This is not about the kid. This is not about whether this decision is right or wrong for her. This is always about the parents. And their egos. It has zero to do with this young lady. Some criticizing is probably out of jealousy. Some is also probably pretty rational. None of it is directed at the child. All of it rightfully should be directed at the parent. If you think the decision to commit this young is ok, fine, it's your opinion. But if you think it should be known to the world, I think you are part of the problem.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cmon', why in the world would a parent NOT want the world to know about something so special? If she was accepted to Medical School as 8th grader, we would be shouting from the rooftops...

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
cmon', why in the world would a parent NOT want the world to know about something so special? If she was accepted to Medical School as 8th grader, we would be shouting from the rooftops...


Agreed but academically gifted and holding a player back for athletics are very different. One has worked really hard or been born with a genius intellect, the other has made a choice to hold a child back to play against weaker and younger competition to gain an edge even though its legal I think most agree its stinks

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
cmon', why in the world would a parent NOT want the world to know about something so special? If she was accepted to Medical School as 8th grader, we would be shouting from the rooftops...


Yeah, very similar. Unfortunately our culture these days probably does equate girl's lax w medical school. Here's hoping you were being sarcastic.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has gone to school with this player since kindergarten when she moved to Florida. She has never been held back as they went to a small private school and believe me everyone would know-gossip central. She also played Recreation lax with her which they all started together in kindergarten as her dad was thier coach. So there was no hold back to make her older for sports ...I happen to agree it is crazy to keep a kid back in 7-8-9th grade to get ahead in sports...this is crazy(again my opinion-I know others feel different). So she may have started school late but with no knowledge of Athletics in the decision. Not this is going to change the topic here of early commit...but it sure wasn't a planned event on a hold back in 6th grade.

I hope she does well, as I hope all the kids with dreams of playing college lax at any level do well...it is great accomplishment to all these kids I see today with time management .....have no idea how they do it all....I sure couldn't do it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand the passion of some posters defending the situation. Virtually every respected DI women's coach has signed on to the proposal submitted to the NCAA to stop early recruiting. The coach's themselves think it is wrong/bad/not in player's best interest. The coaches do it b/c their competition does it - but most know it is wrong (and most are against early recruiting). So to be critical of early recruiting (for this girl or otherwise) is the position of the overwhelming majority of people that care about lacrosse. And I don't need to walk in someone's shoes to judge them - if I see a kid in a car that isn't in a car seat, I judge the parents as being irresponsible. If I see a toddler drinking Coke, I judge the parents as being irresponsible. There is no reason that rational people can't likewise judge this family as perhaps being irresponsible when it comes to the best interests of their daughter. And I know I don't have all the facts, but I think if it was my daughter I would just wait a year and she could commit in 9th grade and, while early, my daughter wouldn't become a national story (and this girl is not a national story in a good way).

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't understand the passion of some posters defending the situation. Virtually every respected DI women's coach has signed on to the proposal submitted to the NCAA to stop early recruiting. The coach's themselves think it is wrong/bad/not in player's best interest. The coaches do it b/c their competition does it - but most know it is wrong (and most are against early recruiting). So to be critical of early recruiting (for this girl or otherwise) is the position of the overwhelming majority of people that care about lacrosse. And I don't need to walk in someone's shoes to judge them - if I see a kid in a car that isn't in a car seat, I judge the parents as being irresponsible. If I see a toddler drinking Coke, I judge the parents as being irresponsible. There is no reason that rational people can't likewise judge this family as perhaps being irresponsible when it comes to the best interests of their daughter. And I know I don't have all the facts, but I think if it was my daughter I would just wait a year and she could commit in 9th grade and, while early, my daughter wouldn't become a national story (and this girl is not a national story in a good way).


And she is only a national story because Dad wanted her to be. Otherwise noone would know about it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't understand the passion of some posters defending the situation. Virtually every respected DI women's coach has signed on to the proposal submitted to the NCAA to stop early recruiting. The coach's themselves think it is wrong/bad/not in player's best interest. The coaches do it b/c their competition does it - but most know it is wrong (and most are against early recruiting). So to be critical of early recruiting (for this girl or otherwise) is the position of the overwhelming majority of people that care about lacrosse. And I don't need to walk in someone's shoes to judge them - if I see a kid in a car that isn't in a car seat, I judge the parents as being irresponsible. If I see a toddler drinking Coke, I judge the parents as being irresponsible. There is no reason that rational people can't likewise judge this family as perhaps being irresponsible when it comes to the best interests of their daughter. And I know I don't have all the facts, but I think if it was my daughter I would just wait a year and she could commit in 9th grade and, while early, my daughter wouldn't become a national story (and this girl is not a national story in a good way).


When I see a parent slinging mud on the internet, I judge the parents as being jealous.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just said it yourself so clearly. You are exceptionally judgmental! You see, I would never judge someone because their kid has a coke! I would never agree that a child should not be in a car seat but I would never rush to judgement! People are not as perfect as you and you have made it clear that your standards are correct and anything you disagree with you judge. NOT THEY WAY I RAISE MY KIDS!
No one is saying there is anything wrong with the NCAA making changes. But until they do, who are we to point fingers at families and kids who have been given tremendous opportunities. So sick of people judging others on perceptions that you place on them. Stop playing God! You tell me what good comes of hurtful slander on this website directed clearly to a child who has been given a tremendous opportunity! Get over yourself. So who would defend this family against such attacks? GOOD PEOPLE!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You just said it yourself so clearly. You are exceptionally judgmental! You see, I would never judge someone because their kid has a coke! I would never agree that a child should not be in a car seat but I would never rush to judgement! People are not as perfect as you and you have made it clear that your standards are correct and anything you disagree with you judge. NOT THEY WAY I RAISE MY KIDS!
No one is saying there is anything wrong with the NCAA making changes. But until they do, who are we to point fingers at families and kids who have been given tremendous opportunities. So sick of people judging others on perceptions that you place on them. Stop playing God! You tell me what good comes of hurtful slander on this website directed clearly to a child who has been given a tremendous opportunity! Get over yourself. So who would defend this family against such attacks? GOOD PEOPLE!


You see, you are the poster child for the "everything and anything goes" type of mentality that is so pervasive in our society today. You're so concerned about being PC, you've lost all sense of right and wrong. Some things are just wrong, period. Not putting a baby in a car seat, that's wrong, plain and simple. No judgment needed. It's wrong. As for a child, who was playing with dolls and drawing with chalk on her driveway 6 months ago committing to a University to play a game 5 years from now, only time will tell if that was right or wrong. However, if lax wasn't in the equation, who among us would have our middle school child pick a college????? Who among us would give any credence to that choice if lax was not in the equation? Would it not be dismissed as a child's gibberish?

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get your point. Lax is in the picture and so is a very large scholarship which most of us likely can not relate to. Very early commits are tempted with substantial offers that may not be there in a year or two. The early recruiting system is extreme and needs to be changed, everyone agrees with that but who are we to say that a parent is not able to help their daughter navigate through the process and make a very informed decision on whether to accept a scholarship or not.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You just said it yourself so clearly. You are exceptionally judgmental! You see, I would never judge someone because their kid has a coke! I would never agree that a child should not be in a car seat but I would never rush to judgement! People are not as perfect as you and you have made it clear that your standards are correct and anything you disagree with you judge. NOT THEY WAY I RAISE MY KIDS!
No one is saying there is anything wrong with the NCAA making changes. But until they do, who are we to point fingers at families and kids who have been given tremendous opportunities. So sick of people judging others on perceptions that you place on them. Stop playing God! You tell me what good comes of hurtful slander on this website directed clearly to a child who has been given a tremendous opportunity! Get over yourself. So who would defend this family against such attacks? GOOD PEOPLE!


You see, you are the poster child for the "everything and anything goes" type of mentality that is so pervasive in our society today. You're so concerned about being PC, you've lost all sense of right and wrong. Some things are just wrong, period. Not putting a baby in a car seat, that's wrong, plain and simple. No judgment needed. It's wrong. As for a child, who was playing with dolls and drawing with chalk on her driveway 6 months ago committing to a University to play a game 5 years from now, only time will tell if that was right or wrong. However, if lax wasn't in the equation, who among us would have our middle school child pick a college????? Who among us would give any credence to that choice if lax was not in the equation? Would it not be dismissed as a child's gibberish?


Take this case out of it because maybe it wasn't a true holdback but there are TONS of real holdbacks by parents who want their kid to have a competitive athletic edge and because us lax is spineless and club lax to powerful this is allowed. 99.9% of parents think those parents are insane. Lax is a game. Get them a tutor and set them up for life, not lax

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tread gets better and better....the self righteousness is great. Change is coming (for the better), right now the girl and her family are still playing by the rules. It is a family decision get over it already.

Enjoy the 3 day weekend to those that have it!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very Large ? with 51 players how large could it be ?

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just not sure why you all care so much? (and don't even try and say you are concerned for the other girls or you will sound so foolish) It's like everything else in life. We fixate more on the 1%. So much attention given to something that affects <1% - it's like that in everything. This has nothing to do with 99.9% of the world and here we make it a major topic of discussion. No one will admit it is because of jealousy because you actually believe you aren't jealous. Well, hate to break it to you but if you weren't jealous - no one would care about this one great kid AND... no one ever claimed she was the best - that, I suppose is another thing you have brought into your perception of the situation. Leave it alone!


Why do we care so much? PRECEDENCE. The child (and make no mistake, she is still a child) is in 8th grade. When should we care? When they recruit the first 7th grader? Maybe 6th? Why not a "physically/athletically gifted 5th grader with a genetic pedigree ..."

The problem is the line keeps getting moved. So as a parent, yeah you should care. Cause at some point, it isn't about kids being kids it's about ADULTS making choices to further THEIR BEST INTERESTS.


Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very Large ? with 51 players how large could it be ?


The top recruits get a whole lot more money than everybody else.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just not sure why you all care so much? (and don't even try and say you are concerned for the other girls or you will sound so foolish) It's like everything else in life. We fixate more on the 1%. So much attention given to something that affects <1% - it's like that in everything. This has nothing to do with 99.9% of the world and here we make it a major topic of discussion. No one will admit it is because of jealousy because you actually believe you aren't jealous. Well, hate to break it to you but if you weren't jealous - no one would care about this one great kid AND... no one ever claimed she was the best - that, I suppose is another thing you have brought into your perception of the situation. Leave it alone!


Why do we care so much? PRECEDENCE. The child (and make no mistake, she is still a child) is in 8th grade. When should we care? When they recruit the first 7th grader? Maybe 6th? Why not a "physically/athletically gifted 5th grader with a genetic pedigree ..."

The problem is the line keeps getting moved. So as a parent, yeah you should care. Cause at some point, it isn't about kids being kids it's about ADULTS making choices to further THEIR BEST INTERESTS.



This is a verbal commitment, what is the worst that can happen? She changes her mind senior year and goes somewhere else? Or she doesn't pan out to be the player they hoped for and rides the bench. Seriously, why would you care. Bad parenting? You gotta be kidding. Worry about your own kid,

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just not sure why you all care so much? (and don't even try and say you are concerned for the other girls or you will sound so foolish) It's like everything else in life. We fixate more on the 1%. So much attention given to something that affects <1% - it's like that in everything. This has nothing to do with 99.9% of the world and here we make it a major topic of discussion. No one will admit it is because of jealousy because you actually believe you aren't jealous. Well, hate to break it to you but if you weren't jealous - no one would care about this one great kid AND... no one ever claimed she was the best - that, I suppose is another thing you have brought into your perception of the situation. Leave it alone!


Why do we care so much? PRECEDENCE. The child (and make no mistake, she is still a child) is in 8th grade. When should we care? When they recruit the first 7th grader? Maybe 6th? Why not a "physically/athletically gifted 5th grader with a genetic pedigree ..."

The problem is the line keeps getting moved. So as a parent, yeah you should care. Cause at some point, it isn't about kids being kids it's about ADULTS making choices to further THEIR BEST INTERESTS.



Are you nuts? Parents (who generally pay) push their kids to different schools for different reasons all of the time. I know mine did and I plan it for my kid. How many kids are brainwashed to go to their parents alma mater or Notre Dame by some subway alumni. You don't think it furthers their interests when they push them to a state school when they should be somewhere they like better but is more expensive.

Come on Mr/Mrs Purity, stop it already.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very Large ? with 51 players how large could it be ?


The top recruits get a whole lot more money than everybody else.


At Syracuse isn't everyone a " top recruit" oh that's right only the 12 starters get full rides and everybody else gets zero. 12.5 scholarships is 12.5 scholarships even at Syracuse

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't get your point. Lax is in the picture and so is a very large scholarship which most of us likely can not relate to. Very early commits are tempted with substantial offers that may not be there in a year or two. The early recruiting system is extreme and needs to be changed, everyone agrees with that but who are we to say that a parent is not able to help their daughter navigate through the process and make a very informed decision on whether to accept a scholarship or not.

1. How do you know it's a very large scholarship?
2. Why do we know about this situation?

Will someone who is defending the decision to have an 8th grader commit to college please also defend the parents publicizing it?

Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very Large ? with 51 players how large could it be ?


The top recruits get a whole lot more money than everybody else.


At Syracuse isn't everyone a " top recruit" oh that's right only the 12 starters get full rides and everybody else gets zero. 12.5 scholarships is 12.5 scholarships even at Syracuse


No, not everyone is a top recruit and not everyone gets equal $$.


Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4