NOBODY DOES IT BETTER
Most Recent Posts
Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 11/23/17 03:31 PM
Top NJ Girl's Club Teams
by Anonymous. 11/23/17 01:09 PM
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 11/23/17 12:43 PM
Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 11/23/17 12:14 PM
Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 11/23/17 11:53 AM
Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 11/23/17 11:46 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics1,212
Posts214,703
Members1,865
Most Online3,796
Oct 23rd, 2017
SUBSCRIBE


Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#147914 - 01/12/16 01:47 PM 2020 girl commits to Syracuse  
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
jackstraw Offline
Back of THE CAGE
jackstraw  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
DELETED
has supposedly committed to Syracuse.(re.Sun-Sentinal). She's only half way through the eighth grade. CRAZY. When I was in the eighth grade I was just trying to walk and chew gum at the same time. What a world we live in!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; 01/17/16 08:35 PM. Reason: The thread has turned to trash
Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#147940 - 01/12/16 04:00 PM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: jackstraw]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


[quote=jackstraw deleted from AmericanHertage/Delray has supposedly committed to Syracuse.(re.Sun-Sentinal). She's only half way through the eighth grade. CRAZY. When I was in the eighth grade I was just trying to walk and chew gum at the same time. What a world we live in! [/quote]

Not good enough source, Sun Sentinel. Someone on here is demanding Sports Illustrated write up as proof, LOL. Anyway, congrats to her!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; 01/17/16 08:35 PM.
Top Reply Quote
#147966 - 01/12/16 07:14 PM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=jackstra from AmericanHertage/Delray has supposedly committed to Syracuse.(re.Sun-Sentinal). She's only half way through the eighth grade. CRAZY. When I was in the eighth grade I was just trying to walk and chew gum at the same time. What a world we live in!


Not good enough source, Sun Sentinel. Someone on here is demanding Sports Illustrated write up as proof, LOL. Anyway, congrats to her! [/quote]

There's a relationship with gait

Last edited by CJ Orlando; 01/17/16 08:36 PM.
Top Reply Quote
#147973 - 01/12/16 09:35 PM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quotehas supposedly committed to Syracuse.(re.Sun-Sentinal). She's only half way through the eighth grade. CRAZY. When I was in the eighth grade I was just trying to walk and chew gum at the same time. What a world we live in!


Not good enough source, Sun Sentinel. Someone on here is demanding Sports Illustrated write up as proof, LOL. Anyway, congrats to her!


There's a relationship with gait[/quote]

and she's a year older, of course. and i'm sure she is also still learning to walk and chew gum.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; 01/17/16 08:36 PM.
Top Reply Quote
#147981 - 01/13/16 07:48 AM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: jackstraw]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Its interesting at this age if college coaches consider a kids actual age when evaluating players . Every parent knows that at the 8th grade age 1 year makes such a difference . I don't think college coaches even consider it as when my daughter went thru it I don't recall any coach asking her how old she was or her birthday. Now that 8th and 9th graders are being recruited its makes a bigger difference . Take a descent 9th grade player move them to 8th and that kid will look like a superstar etc. but in reality as they get older that year becomes less of an advantage .

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#147992 - 01/13/16 09:52 AM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


That wasn't a demand for proof. We all knew it happened. It's just starting to get out now, and as this commitment generates more visibility, you're seeing more and more people call it out for how absurd it is, connection to gait or not.

Top Reply Quote
#147995 - 01/13/16 10:16 AM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its interesting at this age if college coaches consider a kids actual age when evaluating players . Every parent knows that at the 8th grade age 1 year makes such a difference . I don't think college coaches even consider it as when my daughter went thru it I don't recall any coach asking her how old she was or her birthday. Now that 8th and 9th graders are being recruited its makes a bigger difference . Take a descent 9th grade player move them to 8th and that kid will look like a superstar etc. but in reality as they get older that year becomes less of an advantage .

That is the thing that baffles me about the hold back thing. I recently saw this first hand on the boy's side. A friend of mine's son had zero D1 interest and could not make an A team in 2018. Same kid this fall drops to 2019 and makes the All-Star team at Philly Freshman Showcase and gets a write up about how great he is. That same kid come freshman year of College, he will have to play against the older kids again... What then? The Coaches don't understand this? I guess that's why the biggest offenders of holdback recruitment, UNC, Hop, MD,UVA and few others have but one championship between them in last number of years...

Top Reply Quote
#148007 - 01/13/16 01:09 PM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: jackstraw]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Lol love your post. I have too seen this with the hold backs. It will blow up in these guys faces.

Top Reply Quote
#148031 - 01/13/16 03:36 PM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Congratulations to anyone that gets and early offer but any parent of an athletic holdback child should have their child taken away from them by the state!

Top Reply Quote
#148036 - 01/13/16 04:06 PM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to anyone that gets and early offer but any parent of an athletic holdback child should have their child taken away from them by the state!


The kids lives in Florida. Cut off for school are different in different parts of the country. I know that in Pennsylvania (or at least some parts),the cut is Sept. 1st and in Indiana, the cut off is June 1st. I agree there are plenty of red-shirts out there, but everything is not always as cut and dried as it may seem.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#148055 - 01/13/16 06:25 PM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: jackstraw]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Congratulations! It is always lonely at the top. This won't be the last time you encounter jealousy. It's nothing but ugly. Ignore it and best of luck. MANY people will be routing for you and only a few jealous people will rough against you. Congratulations and best of luck!

Top Reply Quote
#148083 - 01/14/16 08:25 AM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: jackstraw]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


It's good to see that people are not only talking about all the hold-backs in Maryland. Looks like they do it everywhere. What's interesting is - that for girls - they grow and mature earlier - by the time they are in high school - the others will catch up. Maybe it was prudent for the parents to commit now - waiting until she is a junior in high school would have nullified their "hold back strategy".

Top Reply Quote
#148085 - 01/14/16 08:57 AM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
MANY people will be routing for you


Im routing right now. Routing my way to work. Then Im going to route some wood with a router. Then maybe route some network traffic over my Sysco router. But I'm certainly not routing an 8th grader. That would be gross and probably illegal outside of Florida.

Top Reply Quote
#148086 - 01/14/16 09:06 AM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: jackstraw]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Most of you who come on here have a warped perception of what you want and you want this girl to fail. YOU are sick. The worst kind of evil is the one who makes themselves try to look smart by making other people's situation look bad. Unless you are in this girls shoes and unless you are THAT family... you have no business making assumptions as to "hold back' or any other implications you make to make yourself feel better because although you TRULY believe you are not jealous, YOU ARE. Your intentions - to save the young players - no one believes for a second you care that much about the well being of these girls. Chances are, you never have to worry about what you would do if given the same opportunity. If your daughter was in 8th grade and was a stand out - given an offer - you say you know what you would do. You are such a perfect person you would be "father of the year" and tell those coaches XYZ.. Sure you would! NO ONE should pass judgement on anyone unless they have walked in their shoes. So stop pretending you are that perfect parent, wish people well with their unique situations and focus on your own. Your know it all, perfect parenting is exploiting you way more than it is the girl you are bullying. Grow the [lacrosse] up!

Top Reply Quote
#148088 - 01/14/16 09:27 AM Re: 2020 girl commits to Syracuse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most of you who come on here have a warped perception of what you want and you want this girl to fail. YOU are sick. The worst kind of evil is the one who makes themselves try to look smart by making other people's situation look bad. Unless you are in this girls shoes and unless you are THAT family... you have no business making assumptions as to "hold back' or any other implications you make to make yourself feel better because although you TRULY believe you are not jealous, YOU ARE. Your intentions - to save the young players - no one believes for a second you care that much about the well being of these girls. Chances are, you never have to worry about what you would do if given the same opportunity. If your daughter was in 8th grade and was a stand out - given an offer - you say you know what you would do. You are such a perfect person you would be "father of the year" and tell those coaches XYZ.. Sure you would! NO ONE should pass judgement on anyone unless they have walked in their shoes. So stop pretending you are that perfect parent, wish people well with their unique situations and focus on your own. Your know it all, perfect parenting is exploiting you way more than it is the girl you are bullying. Grow the [lacrosse] up!


Well said.



Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification




TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams
New York Lacrosse Academy Boy's HS Showcase
LI Girl's Showcase
LI Boy's Showcase
CAMPS & CLINICS
Girl's Shooting & Dodging Clinic w/ U. of Oregon Coach Michelle Tumolo
NOTB Boy's Box Lacrosse Training
NOTB Girl's Box Lacrosse Training
Boy's Shooting & Dodging Clinic
Lax Clinics at The Athlete Zone
Long Island Lady Outlaws Girl's Lacrosse Clinic
Long Island Outlaws Boy's Lacrosse Clinic
LACROSSE COMPANY'S
Lacrosse Unlimited Team Sales
LEAGUES
Boys Winter 7v7 Indoor Lacrosse League
Harding Fall Twilight-Sept 14th 2018
BOTC SPONSORS

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0