BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 44 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You suggesting him changing the rules?! Wouldn't matter his son fits in age and is a grade younger. Sounds like your looking for someone to blame. Took initiative and spoke w Aloha office NO ONE Higher than 7th grade and within the age limit. Lower grades are permitted so the rules haven't changed one bit. So let's complain about something different.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules haven't changes from last year. That's why report cards and birth certificate are mandatory

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rules haven't changes from last year. That's why report cards and birth certificate are mandatory

There is no mention of grade. It is all u13 with a 5/2002 cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why you will see many crush kids in the mix with Blaze during the course of the next 6-7 months . If you people think it's all about grade only your dead wrong, the times have changed . JS is setting the rules everywhere he goes , tournament directors will bend rules just like dicks did with cutoff date.

I will let someone correct me if I am wrong, BUT the WSYL eligibility rules USED to require each U.S. player to have just finished 7th grade. I just checked that that is NO longer a requirement.

In addition, the rule on having to be a "real" member of the team now has the following guidance: "Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two other tournaments or in a seasonal league. These events do not need to precede the qualifier but must precede the Championship event."

Free agents for all

Re we talking about the Blaze from Oceanside or Rochester? If Rochester then the 100 mile rule applies.

91's 2021 AA team was orange, last year Heat, this year Blaze, for clarification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why I called also why report cards are mandatory

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules have changed.

From WSYL:

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Thanks again for your support of the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. We look forward to your participation in what is shaping up to be a very strong regional qualifier round throughout the country.

Over the past few months we have received very helpful feedback from each of you that we have used and will continue to use to make sure we provide the most fun, safe and fair format for all of your players and the rest of the WSYL participants. One particular bit of feedback that we often receive relates to the merits of enforcing both age- and grade-based restrictions on player eligibility. From the outset of WSYL’s conception, our intention was to create a purely aged based event. At the request of participating teams in our inaugural year we added the grade restriction to keep teams together. We are finding that, as we grow and try to be more inclusive, the grade restriction is prohibiting a number of age eligible players from competing in this special event. Age and grade conventions can vary drastically from state to state and region to region, so this restriction can negatively impact some teams more than others based solely on the school districts of their players. For these reasons we have decided to drop the 2021 graduating year restriction in lieu of an age-based-only cutoff (born on or after 5/1/2002). We will continue to require birth certificates for all players to make sure that this rule is strictly enforced. We feel that this slight modification should make the eligibility rules the most fair and transparent for all participants not only for all of the U.S. teams, but also for the international participants, which follow entirely different conventions altogether.

While it likely that this modification will have no impact for most of you, please let us know if you have any questions or would like to discuss further.

We look forward to seeing you in April! Happy New Year!

Best,
Ray Schulmeyer

President
World Series of Youth Lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So again .. you people are clueless . Blaze/Crush .2016 .

To the Blaze 1st , 2nd and 3rd string parents , it's never to late to jump ship .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. No just make it 9/1 and you will have a lgetimate age based tournament pitting kids with in 15 months of each others birthdays as opposed to 18mos. please consider.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on read the rules must be within 100 miles which is why the sons player can NOT participate w Igloo.

That's a shame because he is no longer with sons and has been with igloo since the tryout regardless of zip code. Complain all you want but his parents are willing to make that drive in order for their son to play on a great team. He is not a ringer brought in just for the tournament.

I "might" believe this boy joined Igloo to be part of the WSYL, IF he had been a part of Igloo prior to knowing about this tournament. However, I would be that is the ONLY reason they are driving over 3 hours to be on a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So again .. you people are clueless . Blaze/Crush .2016 .

To the Blaze 1st , 2nd and 3rd string parents , it's never to late to jump ship .

Sure they dropped the graduating year to make it more "inclusive". Which means they have a ton of crush "age appropriate" players that are in 2020 graduating year and would be excluded. When you run the program, you make the rules that fit for your teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on read the rules must be within 100 miles which is why the sons player can NOT participate w Igloo.

That's a shame because he is no longer with sons and has been with igloo since the tryout regardless of zip code. Complain all you want but his parents are willing to make that drive in order for their son to play on a great team. He is not a ringer brought in just for the tournament.

I "might" believe this boy joined Igloo to be part of the WSYL, IF he had been a part of Igloo prior to knowing about this tournament. However, I would be that is the ONLY reason they are driving over 3 hours to be on a team

It is really nobodys business why he is playing for igloo. I would agree with your reasoning, but again, not my business so who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So last year TA played true 2020 kids in 2021 grade tournaments got exposed truly cheating Not stretching the rules flat out cheating Now has a true "guest" player from another state Ouch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Knew about the 2020 kids. The guest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Report cards are mandatory now - to evidence where kids live - and to enforce the 100 mile radius rule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5/1 is such horsesh!t. Contrived to keep teams together. 9/1... but will never happen because ALL the good teams would get blown up. 9/1 almost guarantee all kids playing within a certain age are in fact with 12 mos of each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is absolutely crazy rules change like the wind with this tournament NO INTEGRITY. ...ITS ALL BS. Whats the point of qulifier if you can change your whole team for championship in Denver dont even make sense ....ITS HOG WASH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is really nobodys business why he is playing for igloo. I would agree with your reasoning, but again, not my business so who cares.

IF the WSYL is supposed to be modeled after the LLWS, then it really does matter. If the 100 mi rule is in place then he can't play. The player from PA lives about 130 miles from Igloo's practice field. I will be very curious to see what the WSYL does, because if they don't enforce this rule then there will be all kinds of "all-star" teams put together for this tournament. This is not how the LLWS does it, which is what makes that so nice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever roster you qualify w should be it regardless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does that mean that 2020 Crush players born after May 2002 (8th graders) who never played for 2021 - will now be 2021 players for this tournament. How does that make sense? They are not hold backs - not part of the team?!

Also, for teams that don't qualify do their top player become free agents to play for a team that qualified - as long as they are within 100 miles. How does that make sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does that mean that 2020 Crush players born after May 2002 (8th graders) who never played for 2021 - will now be 2021 players for this tournament. How does that make sense? They are not hold backs - not part of the team?!

Also, for teams that don't qualify do their top player become free agents to play for a team that qualified - as long as they are within 100 miles. How does that make sense.

With the rule changes, yes. Removing the 2021 requirement now qualifies 8th grade players born after 5/2002. And requiring players to only play 2 tourneys with the team and not necessarily a qualifier, makes free agency possible.

The WSYL seems to be getting away from what it was supposed to be as expressed by a few posts above. Next year rules may change again to solve another problem for the sponsoring team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wsyl is becoming a joke. 91 Igloo and a bunch of nobody's will be this years line up. Save your money and play at crabfest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever roster you qualify w should be it regardless

Absolutely !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 2020 kids will play 2020 crush kids are getting recruited. Stop the nonsense People complain just to complain

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess JS works his magic to get his way again. Total BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
our club is holding tryouts for a wsyl team based on the 5/1 cutoff. team will practice and play together and any kid from any club is welcome to tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What way? His team steam rolled through this tournament a year ago with ease and this summer many of those boys will be at showcases committing to schools if some haven't already. The idea Crush is going to play is silly same goes with 2020'express as well. The 2020 class focus is on colleges not WSYL. NOT a 2021 parent my boy is a 20 but thought I'd give perspective of a 2020 player that actually would make the cut off and where our focus will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know that they will all be committing soon enough , what is being said seems that kids on crush who make the cutoff date will merge with Blaze. If JS ask these kids to go , the family of those boys will not think twice and will be heading to Denver. It all in the rules which allows this to happen.

What way? His team steam rolled through this tournament a year ago with ease and this summer many of those boys will be at showcases committing to schools if some haven't already. The idea Crush is going to play is silly same goes with 2020'express as well. The 2020 class focus is on colleges not WSYL. NOT a 2021 parent my boy is a 20 but thought I'd give perspective of a 2020 player that actually would make the cut off and where our focus will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From my experience, most parents are delusional and drive kids towards something they know nothing about. Who's committed, who isn't....who cares. Why? So a Dad can say my son is committed to XYZ? People, I've been through the mill, as a player and as a Father. Find a great school where your son can succeed, a coach that you trust and will make the game fun for your son and don't worry about the rest.

I made the mistake of focusing on the school name, not the education, the coach , etc. I didn't repeat the same mistake with my oldest son. He's attending a top rate school with a D2 program, he received some academic financial assistance and is part of a program that is very successful and loves the coach and teammates.

People, get some perspective ASAP. A kid in our town committed to a big time program, everyone was really happy for him and he is now miserable. I coached the kid and we still speak frequently. He feels like a piece of meat, an anonymous cog in the wheel. They care that he is eligible to play--period. He wants to transfer. Its a sad story. The kid's dream came true but has turned out to be a nightmare for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know why these rules are being changed and if you dont here it is. T benefit the couple of programs who are sick of losing to Igloo so they will try anything to beat them---how did it work out for you at [lacrosse]'s ----Good luck
Why would they change rules at this stage of game especially to 5/1/2002 bad enough it was 6/1/2002

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now you can have kids who could be 14 years old playing that is terrible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big recruiting tournaments right around that date. He won't send them guaranteed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now you can have kids who could be 14 years old playing that is terrible

The date hasn't changed- it was 5/1 last year and one of the kids on a certain team turned 14 during the tournament. It was not a secret that there were 14 yr old there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From my experience, most parents are delusional and drive kids towards something they know nothing about. Who's committed, who isn't....who cares. Why? So a Dad can say my son is committed to XYZ? People, I've been through the mill, as a player and as a Father. Find a great school where your son can succeed, a coach that you trust and will make the game fun for your son and don't worry about the rest.

I made the mistake of focusing on the school name, not the education, the coach , etc. I didn't repeat the same mistake with my oldest son. He's attending a top rate school with a D2 program, he received some academic financial assistance and is part of a program that is very successful and loves the coach and teammates.

People, get some perspective ASAP. A kid in our town committed to a big time program, everyone was really happy for him and he is now miserable. I coached the kid and we still speak frequently. He feels like a piece of meat, an anonymous cog in the wheel. They care that he is eligible to play--period. He wants to transfer. Its a sad story. The kid's dream came true but has turned out to be a nightmare for him.

I know many kids in that position, you speak the truth!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cannot agree more. I was an "All-American" on a NCAA Championship team. I was lucky enough to play for an awesome coach and we had a great balanced college experience. I don't see that happening too much any more. IF, my son decides he wants to play a sport in college, I really hope that he can have the amazing experience that I did. I can tell you something else, he won't be "committing" anywhere until he is at least a Junior. I really feel like he is WAY to young right now to make that decision. PLUS, he truly doesn't know if he wants to play a sport in college (he is pretty sure he does), but he also not sure what sport that will be. I really hope that all of these kids end up having a great collegiate experience, it really is a GREAT time in your life. I hate to hear about kids not enjoying it because it has become a job...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cannot agree more. I was an "All-American" on a NCAA Championship team. I was lucky enough to play for an awesome coach and we had a great balanced college experience. I don't see that happening too much any more. IF, my son decides he wants to play a sport in college, I really hope that he can have the amazing experience that I did. I can tell you something else, he won't be "committing" anywhere until he is at least a Junior. I really feel like he is WAY to young right now to make that decision. PLUS, he truly doesn't know if he wants to play a sport in college (he is pretty sure he does), but he also not sure what sport that will be. I really hope that all of these kids end up having a great collegiate experience, it really is a GREAT time in your life. I hate to hear about kids not enjoying it because it has become a job...

And with all this crazy early recruiting, it gets way too real and becomes a job way too young.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the d2 programs with the best academics?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the d2 programs with the best academics?

I would say Bentley is one of thr best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny because the guys going from our team aren't even top players on our club! LOL sounds like another money grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny because the guys going from our team aren't even top players on our club! LOL sounds like another money grab

What are the best Summer Tournaments ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not gonna matter. The kids have to show up and beat the kid next to them. Fogo's, Goaltender's, and Man-Down defensive performance's can change any outcome. Period!!! ALL the kids and teams are gonna be talented. You may have a kid show up that nobody was expecting and be that X Factor. Stop worrying and concentrate on following the rules and putting yourself and your team in the best position to win.

Good Luck ALL

Page 29 of 44 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard