BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 31 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't forget. They don't just have to end up 6'1" and 190 lbs. They have get nearly that big by the Fall of 9th grade or Summer before 10th on the current recruiting calendar. Doesn't matter if dad is 6'3" and both parents played college sports if they aren't held back or an early maturer.

Jordan Wolf - 5'9"
Rob Pannell - 5'10"
Mike Powell - 5'11"
Joey Sankey - 5'5"
Matt Kavanaugh - 5"8"
Kevin Rice - 5'8"

Some of the best to ever play the game and below 6'.

You tried to use guys 1 or 2 inches below 6 foot to prove point. That is funny. That's like telling all the 5'5" basketball players in high school to go out and spend big money trying to play D1 basketball. Well Spud Webb did it so you should waste your time and get your hopes up

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I compiled the average height and weight for the LSM / D players at seven D1 programs and it was just a tad over 6'0" and about 190 lbs. Speed still trumps size, but big and fast is better than small and fast!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T
Don't forget. They don't just have to end up 6'1" and 190 lbs. They have get nearly that big by the Fall of 9th grade or Summer before 10th on the current recruiting calendar. Doesn't matter if dad is 6'3" and both parents played college sports if they aren't held back or an early maturer.

Jordan Wolf - 5'9"
Rob Pannell - 5'10"
Mike Powell - 5'11"
Joey Sankey - 5'5"
Matt Kavanaugh - 5"8"
Kevin Rice - 5'8"

Some of the best to ever play the game and below 6'.

You tried to use guys 1 or 2 inches below 6 foot to prove point. That is funny. That's like telling all the 5'5" basketball players in high school to go out and spend big money trying to play D1 basketball. Well Spud Webb did it so you should waste your time and get your hopes up

Terrible analogy there Lurch! Spud Webb was never considered "one of the best"! Also, most of the players listed there are more than 1 to 2 inches charter than 6'. Put down the mad dog 2020 and put together a better argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the grape flavor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many total D1 players would be taken in to the equation for your example chosen (6 attackmen). I think your being very selective to prove a false statement. Not attacking anyone, I just really disagree. I have stood on the sidelines at Bayhawk games and those fellas are VERY big.

As a side not at fall ball this year Crabs 2021 walked by me onto the field at a tourney...... I am 6'1" and almost half were taller than me!!! Size is increasingly a factor at all levels.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 more then half over 6 foot?? Are u kidding me? 2021 but most might be 14 yrs old and I doubt more then half over 6 foot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 more then half over 6 foot?? Are u kidding me? 2021 but most might be 14 yrs old and I doubt more then half over 6 foot.

stated on internet anonymously. must be true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many total D1 players would be taken in to the equation for your example chosen (6 attackmen). I think your being very selective to prove a false statement. Not attacking anyone, I just really disagree. I have stood on the sidelines at Bayhawk games and those fellas are VERY big.

As a side not at fall ball this year Crabs 2021 walked by me onto the field at a tourney...... I am 6'1" and almost half were taller than me!!! Size is increasingly a factor at all levels.

What you need to understand about Crabs is a lot of their 2021 players are holdbacks and should be playing 2020 or maybe 2019 but not sure about 2019 but for sure 2020. Crabs is well known for the king of holdbacks and their 2021 and 2020 teams lead the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say that's about right....I don't know of any 2020 crab poles less than 6'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say that's about right....I don't know of any 2020 crab poles less than 6'

No one is saying its a 100% fact who have to be tall strong and fast to play D1 lacrosse but most are. Do if your son is not going to be all three or at least 2 of the 3 save your money. And for him to only be 2 of the 3 he has to be very strong or very fast to out weigh not being all 3. As a coach I love molding kids into better players. But a hard fact is coaches do not make D1 players genetics and some hard work do. The coaching and practice makes them great when they start playing D1 but 9 out of 10 times genetics and a weight room get them onto the team. Sorry I know it hurts

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good box games today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What hurts? I don't get it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, watched the looneys vs 91 md. Looneys was down big but pulled it out by one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, watched the looneys vs 91 md. Looneys was down big but pulled it out by one.

!
Hawks seem to be the team to beat in box....natural beat boxers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FUN game to watch. Looney's came out a little flat, 91 shot well and had a BIG guy in the cage..Looney's hit him all night.
Looney's was down four..tied it with 30 sec. to play, scored with 3 sec. to end.
Well done both sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year Hawks team are you speaking of?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams have started spring practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it spring practice if you are practicing in the winter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know of any 2020 teams in spring practice yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know of any 2020 teams in spring practice yet.

I know a few that are in winter skills and drills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]D1 Maryland D poles avg height is 6'1" and 196 pounds. So if your son is not going to be this big or be strong/fast enough to deal with this size player stop the D1 dream. If he falls in this range or will fall in this range go for it.

He will easily be taller than that. He is 4'8" now and 8

Kid on my sons team was 4'8 in 4th grade too. Now he's about 5'4. Kids want to go to great schools, STUDY!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]D1 Maryland D poles avg height is 6'1" and 196 pounds. So if your son is not going to be this big or be strong/fast enough to deal with this size player stop the D1 dream. If he falls in this range or will fall in this range go for it.

He will easily be taller than that. He is 4'8" now and 8

Kid on my sons team was 4'8 in 4th grade too. Now he's about 5'4. Kids want to go to great schools, STUDY!

Ok we all get the study to go to a great school thing. But for the kid who was 4'8" and now 5'4" how tall was his parents. Its all genetics the parents and grand parents tell the story 95% of the time. And we are just talking about increasing your odds we are all aware nothing is 100% and luck in also part of everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the NPYLL teams doing for the Spring now that the league has folded?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most joining HOCO...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most joining HOCO...

Possibly 4 divisions now for the 40+ clubs involved. AA, A, B and C

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most joining HOCO...

And age restrictions by grade to prevent the kids a full year or two older from distorting true grade based teams? Sounds like there are enough teams that they can say "goodbye" to teams that do not comply. They are a County government sponsored league- should not be about the money or politics but about the kids and what is right. Wonder if their employees who are intertwined with the lacrosse world will step back and see what is in the best interest of the broader group and not just their own or a friend's kids. Plenty of time before the season starts to get it right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most joining HOCO...

And age restrictions by grade to prevent the kids a full year or two older from distorting true grade based teams? Sounds like there are enough teams that they can say "goodbye" to teams that do not comply. They are a County government sponsored league- should not be about the money or politics but about the kids and what is right. Wonder if their employees who are intertwined with the lacrosse world will step back and see what is in the best interest of the broader group and not just their own or a friend's kids. Plenty of time before the season starts to get it right.

All the leagues had age limits just 2 years ago. We are not to far down this Rabbit hole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most joining HOCO...

How can you say there is plenty of time? Tryouts were in late summer/early fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most joining HOCO...

\
Well if each team only has 1 to 4 kids who are to old it should not be that hard for them move kids up to the next year above them. And they would have to grandfather in the 2020 kids who are to old because they would have nowhere to play. And to be honest with you the 2020 kids will be recruited this summer anyway so they should really only make the rule for 7th grade and below. You can not have kids in 8th grade with nowhere to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most joining HOCO...

\
Well if each team only has 1 to 4 kids who are to old it should not be that hard for them move kids up to the next year above them. And they would have to grandfather in the 2020 kids who are to old because they would have nowhere to play. And to be honest with you the 2020 kids will be recruited this summer anyway so they should really only make the rule for 7th grade and below. You can not have kids in 8th grade with nowhere to play.

That would be their parents and their coaches' fault and the legitimate kids should not have to deal with that. The kid who is not eligible knows he is not age eligible and has been okay beating up on younger kids. Now the rules to prevent the nonsense can go in and we are supposed to grandfather kids who manipulated the system? 8th grade is old enough for consequences of bad sportsmanship. Find a league without rules similar to what they now have to do for tournaments - you took a chance when you cheated now face up to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most joining HOCO...

All the leagues had age limits just 2 years ago. We are not to far down this Rabbit hole.

Simple fix - grade based with age restrictions. No logical reason not to do this. Would not have thought it necessary when grade based was introduced but nobody would have guessed how many lack integrity. Any other sport you would have to still play with your age despite your grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college coach cares about that (men or women, lacrosse or any sport). They just want the best recruits per grade. They couldn't care less what the age is.

The only ones who are crying about it are dads whose sons aren't good enough to make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol the dads who's kids aren't good enough? Your a tool. Right your kid who is 16 playing against 14 yr olds. Right pump your chest saying your kid is great. You people kill me. That's the only way your kid can stand out. Sucks for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol the dads who's kids aren't good enough? Your a tool. Right your kid who is 16 playing against 14 yr olds. Right pump your chest saying your kid is great. You people kill me. That's the only way your kid can stand out. Sucks for him.

leave the poor guy alone, he was a terrible athlete and couldn't make the rec co-ed dodge ball team (he thought the girls threw to hard). he sets his son up with a false sense of athletic ability, when in reality he is playing against kids 2 years younger. The guy is living life vicariously through his son...he is a sad person who needs help!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're, not your, you idiot.

My son didn't reclass. But unlike you, I didn't put in pantyhose and cry about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put in pantyhose? We could play English class too. Not crying stating a fact. Only way these kids shine is to reclassify period!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put in pantyhose? We could play English class too. Not crying stating a fact. Only way these kids shine is to reclassify period!

Can't wait for you to start crying about your son in HS being unfairly punished playing against older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't wait for you to start crying about your son in HS being unfairly punished playing against older kids.

Nobody complains about this, it is accepted in high school. Kids playing up isn't the issue, older kids playing down is! Any parent who played sports competitively will tell you the same. Your statement just proves the only thing you were good at in middle and high school was pocketball and sega.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're, not your, you idiot.

My son didn't reclass. But unlike you, I didn't put in pantyhose and cry about it.

Ignore him-same troll from other board calling people a woman and slinging insults. Claims his/her kids were not holdbacks and are in college but still here on the boards talking about an issue that has become more prevalent in recent years in youth lacrosse.

Page 17 of 31 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard