BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Those are two awful clubs.

Don't know about Zingos but Roughriders are not that bad of an organization and last year their 2020 AA team was competitive. Unfortunately some key players left for other clubs and they will not be as strong this coming spring. One major positive is that all of their players are age appropriate with no holdbacks, unlike other club teams, mainly Crabs.

That is not a true statement. I personally know several holdbacks on Roughriders. Don't make things up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only crabs, fca, Looneys, 91 force all have hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know about Zingos but Roughriders are not that bad of an organization and last year their 2020 AA team was competitive. Unfortunately some key players left for other clubs and they will not be as strong this coming spring. One major positive is that all of their players are age appropriate with no holdbacks, unlike other club teams, mainly Crabs.

So says the Crabs dad.

That is not a true statement. I personally know several holdbacks on Roughriders. Don't make things up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not making things up. Just curious, which teams have holdbacks? I know 2020/2021 and 2022 have none, as far as I can determine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not making things up. Just curious, which teams have holdbacks? I know 2020/2021 and 2022 have none, as far as I can determine.

2022 absolutely has holdbacks. So does 2021. Unless you aren't considering pre-first a holdback. They certainly have kids older than what is typical for their grade because of attending pre-first at a private school. All teams have holdbacks because of this for the most part.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Box doesn't mean much to who? From what I have seen - the players and some of the parents (cough - Loonies) seem to take it pretty seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Box is a joke in maryland. That is it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say so - it must be true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, of the 5 high school kids who made the USA U-19 box team, 3 were from Maryland. Not all of them are a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Box doesn't mean much to who? From what I have seen - the players and some of the parents (cough - Loonies) seem to take it pretty seriously.

Which Looney's team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Orange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's is the club that disbanded their 2017 and 2018 teams. Stay away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The FACTS are he was shopped around BEFORE he landed on your bar sponsored youth lacrosse team. You get the facts straight tool.

You got YOUR facts wrong, you are nothing but a pos and he was never shopped around. Maybe that is what needs to be done with you. Oh, that's right, there would be no takers for a pure looser like yourself. Seems like you have nothing better to do than to criticize other peoples children and other parents. It is none of your business, why can't you get that through your thick head, mind you own f'in business. No one here wants to read your misinformed crap.

*loser not looser

You seem really angry. Speak for yourself - I like reading misinformed crap, that's why I come to these forums every day. It's very entertaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where in the Balt. area can one fing TRUE Canadian Box Lacrosse? League??? Do you have to be on a team or can a single player join??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - isn't it time to change the kegs or clean the bathroom at the pub?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did the club disband them or was there very low turnout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Low turn out. Never recovered at those grades from losing kids to FCA when they started up. This person has a bug in his butt and makes the same comment over and over. Next post will be about Carroll Manor coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - isn't it time to change the kegs or clean the bathroom at the pub?

yes, and your late again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys really doesn't have anything to do with the pub for the record. How about for 2016 you stay off of the site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Low turn out. Never recovered at those grades from losing kids to FCA when they started up. This person has a bug in his butt and makes the same comment over and over. Next post will be about Carroll Manor coaches

The teams were terrible, but who ever heard of disbanding a rising junior and rising sophomore team? Totally left the kids on the team on the dock as they sailed away.

Pretty lame. The club is falling apart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your nuts. Sorry your kid got cut and couldn't make another club team. Only reason why you would come on here and complain like you do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams were terrible, but who ever heard of disbanding a rising junior and rising sophomore team? Totally left the kids on the team on the dock as they sailed away.

Club has 10-11 teams, how is that falling apart? How many teams does your sons club have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did not leave kids, the kids left the team. Now the reason they left does not reflect well on the club, but nonetheless, the club did not abandon the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEY MAN...we get it...you hate Looney's.
It's getting old...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing happened with the Crab hardshells at the older ages and probably will happen to FCA older teams. When kids realize they aren't going to get recruited or play on a competitive squad they will walk away. It is the kid's choice (and parents, why pay so much $ if it does't get results)...that isn't a Looney's problem...happens at just about every club, especially those with 2 teams per age group. Looney's was strong at 16s and will be strong 2020 and below.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like Looney's - great wings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. You can see who has the young kids. All you posters who have not gone through the recruiting process are very much in the dark. If you have a middle school kid, talk to a HS parent who has already done it. Your eyes will be opened. Not all kids will be D1. If you kid goes D1 the scholarships are split up as every team only gets 12.5. Most kids will play D11 and D111 and the grades will get them more money than sports. Once they get to college they may not play as coaches change once you are there. Better to make sure you kid is having fun and getting good grades than be that crazy parent on the side line. (you know who you are)

I understand this forum is based on crazy people attacking different clubs, Club directors, Tournaments, HS's and parents. Just want to enter some truth into the argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. You can see who has the young kids. All you posters who have not gone through the recruiting process are very much in the dark. If you have a middle school kid, talk to a HS parent who has already done it. Your eyes will be opened. Not all kids will be D1. If you kid goes D1 the scholarships are split up as every team only gets 12.5. Most kids will play D11 and D111 and the grades will get them more money than sports. Once they get to college they may not play as coaches change once you are there. Better to make sure you kid is having fun and getting good grades than be that crazy parent on the side line. (you know who you are)

I understand this forum is based on crazy people attacking different clubs, Club directors, Tournaments, HS's and parents. Just want to enter some truth into the argument.

I feel you sir. I am going through this youth sport thing with my second child now. And I find myself way more calm and collected with all these topics on this site. Once you do it once you realize its not life or death if your son can shoot 90 miles a hour with his left hand at 12. But with the first I tracked everyone of his skills and what level they where at. When it comes to D1 sports and I mean all D1 sports you are born with what it takes or you are not. And the coaches will find you if you are built for D1 relax and it will come if your son has what it takes. Just let them play and teach them to work hard and play hard and us parents should just sit back and relax and let it happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes a club loses a lot of kids on a particular team. But I've never heard of a club disbanding two teams because of lack of players.

Please don't bring up FCA. The Looneys 2017 team did not lose any kids to that program. Those kiss were not r3cruit3d away by FCA. OT is just that both teams had bad talent and the club gave up on them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes a club loses a lot of kids on a particular team. But I've never heard of a club disbanding two teams because of lack of players.

Please don't bring up FCA. The Looneys 2017 team did not lose any kids to that program. Those kiss were not r3cruit3d away by FCA. OT is just that both teams had bad talent and the club gave up on them.

with so many clubs now this will happen more and more. There's bound to be an attrition with the number of kids playing high school club. All these middle club players are not making their HS teams - especially at the MIAA schools. And even those that do but aren't likely to get recruited for college - why pay all that money for recruiting tournaments? So the ones that are left will end up going to a stronger team and you'll see clubs have trouble filling HS rosters. SOunds like this is what happened to the looneys 17/18 teams. Apparently they didn't have enough kids to make a full team register for tryouts. So they pulled the plug early so they ones who wanted to play could find a team. I think some ended up at the green trurtle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

with so many clubs now this will happen more and more. There's bound to be an attrition with the number of kids playing high school club. All these middle club players are not making their HS teams - especially at the MIAA schools. And even those that do but aren't likely to get recruited for college - why pay all that money for recruiting tournaments? So the ones that are left will end up going to a stronger team and you'll see clubs have trouble filling HS rosters. SOunds like this is what happened to the looneys 17/18 teams. Apparently they didn't have enough kids to make a full team register for tryouts. So they pulled the plug early so they ones who wanted to play could find a team. I think some ended up at the green trurtle

I know this is opposite of most of you guys thoughts. But I think the Looneys club should be applauded for canceling a team that was not going to be worth the time and effort. Most clubs would push forward with a team as long as they had 18 body's willing to pay. This tells me someone over there cares about kids not just a pay check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually...it did happen.
Good coaches made a move..players moved also.
Saw a similar thing with Team 91...no hard feelings..it's a open market on teams.
Hawks kids have moved in and out of Crabs.
It happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the club and parents are at fault. It is OK to have a kid that will never play MIAA A play club. It is also OK to have an A, A- or B club team with a bunch of kids and parents that love lacrosse and want to play more than just HS. The club can focus on lesser tournaments and still be competitive. I think the club looses the focus of expanding the sport and letting the kids have fun. Not every on is a D1 player. I know every kid on the Crabs, younger Looneys, FCA are all D1 players. Please do not exclude the kids that want to get better, have the drive but do not have the natural ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the club and parents are at fault. It is OK to have a kid that will never play MIAA A play club. It is also OK to have an A, A- or B club team with a bunch of kids and parents that love lacrosse and want to play more than just HS. The club can focus on lesser tournaments and still be competitive. I think the club looses the focus of expanding the sport and letting the kids have fun. Not every on is a D1 player. I know every kid on the Crabs, younger Looneys, FCA are all D1 players. Please do not exclude the kids that want to get better, have the drive but do not have the natural ability.

I agree with this 100% but no club will stat this as there goal they all want to say play for us and be D1. None of these clubs will tell the best player on the team to go play for the Crabs you are a D1 kid this team is for D3 or just for fun kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on lower age group programs at the U9 range?

Club Blue, Next Level or Zingos

Which is better for development?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you live and how far are you willing to drive?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My best advise is to pick the closest one and see where your sons skill level fits in. After you decide that come back here and ask again to find the best club for his skill level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U9 is very young. Stay with a club that is close to you to make sure he wants to stay with it. Some of the best kids at u9 do nothing at u15 or HS. Make sure he and you are having fun. All this other stuff is just Cr@p.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is somewhat off topic but close to this topic. I think Lacrosse is a good sport for the undersized kid with heart. But I think us Lacrosse people forget that Lacrosse is still a contact sport and when it comes to D1 and even top D3 lacrosse its still all about body type and measurable s. If you and your wife are 5 foot and 5' 3" and you both run a 7 flat 40 have your son play lacrosse for fun and do not go down this Rabbit hole of travel lacrosse. No one pushes a kid for a football scholarship when they are 5 foot 100 pounds in 10th grade why do we think this kid could play D1 lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 Maryland D poles avg height is 6'1" and 196 pounds. So if your son is not going to be this big or be strong/fast enough to deal with this size player stop the D1 dream. If he falls in this range or will fall in this range go for it.

Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard