BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 76 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am an igloo parent (full disclosure) and couldn't be prouder of all the kids from all the teams. Bandits. Diamondbacks. Revolution. Arctic Blast. It's easy to win with class. Much tougher to keep your composure and sportsmanship in a loss. I was particularly impressed w the parents and coaches of the above-mentioned teams for how they conducted themselves. These are 11- year old kids. They are all learning about lacrosse and life. Who knows and who cares who is best or who came up short. These are life lessons for the kids and couldn't or wouldn't be prouder win or lose. I will say that the diamondback parents and coaches were the epitome of class; they sought out the igloo parents to shake their hands while the kids were still crying. That is how one should act; the example one should set. Thank you Dicks. See you all in the spring.

Very nice! My kids have been on both sides. Losses build character. It's all good on the long run. Good luck and happy new year to everyone!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand why smash doesn't go to the tournament and bandits take their place?

Smash has seen better days, their time has come. Bandits would clearly beat the Smush.

Stop with the nonsense. Smash Express United Igloo (in that order) are the best 2022 teams. Bandits is the best 2023 team and can compete with but not beat these top 2022 teams.

ha ha smash. they lost to bandits in a scrimmage and everyone has seen their losses taunted and express. fading star....

They've never played each other. Stop starting sh$t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you are probably right and bandits parents must be thrilled that they dropped a few thousand dollars to come and watch someone else's kid play that is not even on the team ! Within the rules..yes.....Right thing to do by the players and parents...absolutely not!!!!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Yes you are probably right and bandits parents must be thrilled that they dropped a few thousand dollars to come and watch someone else's kid play that is not even on the team ! Within the rules..yes.....Right thing to do by the players and parents...absolutely not!!!!

I am flabbergasted. Don't you have anyone that wants to be with you on New Years Eve? You are in here crying instead about a guest player. Sheese.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, the Bandits best player broke his arm a few weeks ago in practice. The guest player filled in for him. Not saying he wouldn't have played with them anyway, he probably would have, but he didn't take anyone else's playing time down there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, the Bandits best player broke his arm a few weeks ago in practice. The guest player filled in for him. Not saying he wouldn't have played with them anyway, he probably would have, but he didn't take anyone else's playing time down there.

Here's something crazy. There are other kids on that team that would have loved to step up and fill the void then. Again, just took playing time away from one or 2 kids. That's the thing that bothers me. They deserved a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much for "next man up" on the roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much for "next man up" on the roster

Did the guest player get a lot of minutes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People enough already change the subject how teams use their players is the choice of the teams If you need to know some games he hardly played and some games he played To be honest our team was light numbers w 7 midfielders love how people on other teams try to reflect wisdom on other teams let alone a team that is tendously successful it was a great tournament and the weather was great Happy New year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has igloo played smash or United

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hello all you crazies and others, I am not a 2022 parent, I was down at [lacrosse]'s this weekend and came on here to read about 91 and Igloo because I know kids on both teams. IMHO there is no such thing as a *guest player* at a tournament like this, your team is the team you show up with. This is not a HS or college team using players from another school or PAL using kids from another town, schools and PAL have rules and rosters and using a "guest player" would be breaking a real rule. When you travel to Florida for a tournament your team is the kids that show up, FCA plays with kids that never meet until the first day of the tournament and will never play again as a team, same as Madlax National, West Coast Stars, 3D National and Sweetlax ect. I meet a kid from NC playing with a team from Canada because his dad was friends with the coach.

just my two cents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are nuts. Great kid great father doing great things together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has igloo played smash or United

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are nuts. Great kid great father doing great things together.

"The Kid", so we all remember, is just a kid. Insane talent as well. As a 2nd grader he was head and shoulders above his class. IIWII. Some kids are just better AND want it more. Deadly combo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deez nutz... 91 mini lax drones go down...see you later CSH dads...size matters, kids catch up. not even an igloo dad, but glad to see. hopefully the nonsense will now stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think the goal all along w Bandits was to be challenged up not to be the best 2022 team. Yes I'm sure they are trying to win but that seems to be the purpose. Yes "the kid" played in FL and I'm sure made a large impact but didn't play vs Express 22 in a competitive game in November. Think they would rather compete against top 2022 teams than play 2023 teams. After watching them play on different occasions can see why they would prefer up. More interesting question is can ANY 2022 teams do what they do against 2021 teams such as 2021 black ice , 91'Blaze, or express. Not necessarily beat them but compete just thought it'd be good discussion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think the goal all along w Bandits was to be challenged up not to be the best 2022 team. Yes I'm sure they are trying to win but that seems to be the purpose. Yes "the kid" played in FL and I'm sure made a large impact but didn't play vs Express 22 in a competitive game in November. Think they would rather compete against top 2022 teams than play 2023 teams. After watching them play on different occasions can see why they would prefer up. More interesting question is can ANY 2022 teams do what they do against 2021 teams such as 2021 black ice , 91'Blaze, or express. Not necessarily beat them but compete just thought it'd be good discussion

None can beat black ice, the other two are not in the same league and are beatable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Always excuses, just not right period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Always excuses, just not right period.

Says you. No one cares what you think. Jealous loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2022 (only) LI teams
Express
United
Igloo
Smash
Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express dad your are on drugs !!! team is not as good as you think they are
Top 2022 (only) LI teams
Express
United
Igloo
Smash
Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2022 (only) LI teams
Express
United
Igloo
Smash
Outlaws

Yellow Jackets over Smash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express/Smash
Igloo
Outlaws
United(DNP)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None can beat black ice, the other two are not in the same league and are beatable.

You actually think your son's 2022 team can beat 91 Orange 2021 or Express A 2021? That is literally one of the most outrageous statements ever made on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express
Igloo
Smash
united (if they still exist)
Bandits
CSH
Port Washington
Northport
GC
fl$
Ouwlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worry about the top three or four 2023 teams one of which just beat or played top 2022 teams to close games before you look at the top 2021 teams that have all beat the top 2020 teams except crush.

You actually think your son's 2022 team can beat 91 Orange 2021 or Express A 2021? That is literally one of the most outrageous statements ever made on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be a shame if united split up because they are a great team. The top two are Smash and United. These two are beatable but over many games they would prove to be the best. Express made changes so they should be in the mix maybe not top two but number three. Igloo will be in the mix too at four.

Express
Igloo
Smash
Bandits
CSH
Port Washington
Northport
GC
fl$
Ouwlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it is crazy to rank 6th graders. It would be great to see tournament with 91 Smash, 91 United, Express, Igloo, Annapolis Hawks, Arden Diamondbacks and a few other true AA teams. If you had that tournament five times, good chance five different teams would win based on who wins face-offs and which goalie gets hot. That is what elite lacrosse should be at any age and how all of the kids will get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does one person keep putting United above Igloo? Where does that come from? The teams have played like 10 times with United winning once. Just wondering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Express
Igloo
Smash
Bandits
CSH
Port Washington
Northport
GC
fl$

Everyone knows Smash is still on top. Teams are closing the gap. Smash wins 4 out of 5 games against any of the next top teams. This is a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash is the worst 91 A team in the org

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a 91 parent but that was really a mean thing to say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it is crazy to rank 6th graders. It would be great to see tournament with 91 Smash, 91 United, Express, Igloo, Annapolis Hawks, Arden Diamondbacks and a few other true AA teams. If you had that tournament five times, good chance five different teams would win based on who wins face-offs and which goalie gets hot. That is what elite lacrosse should be at any age and how all of the kids will get better.

It is happening this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is happening this summer.

Why would 91 allow United to attend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does one person keep putting United above Igloo? Where does that come from? The teams have played like 10 times with United winning once. Just wondering.

Igloo didn't play United "like" 10 times. Actually they only played once in the past year and I believe United won a close game. I wouldn't count when they were in 4th grade either. New team on both ends. Through common opponents I would have to say United would rank higher if that makes you happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is mean. It's true though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best 2022 coaching staff?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last season PAL Northport beat Port Washington and CSH. Lost to GC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is mean. It's true though.

Not a 91 parent, but I have always respected the coaches and kids on Smash. The Smash parents have not always carried themselves with the class their boys deserve. The boys are a very talented group. Let's enjoy the ride.
Big ups to Smash coaches and players for raising the bar on LI Lax 2022.
Smash, United, Igloo & Express all in the mix. Best thing is, all 4 teams compete at a high level inter-state.

Keep it real and spread positive.

Page 35 of 76 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard