BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 70 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo won 6-3

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits lose 6-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game Bandits represented 2023 very we'll played our boys so tough ! Our goalie was faboulous ! On to the Championship vs Arden

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great game Bandits represented 2023 very we'll played our boys so tough ! Our goalie was faboulous ! On to the Championship vs Arden

Not 2023, though. Nice job Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great showing by Igloo and Bandits both are great 2022 teams looking forward to seeing them play again

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH OK Bandit downer .
Fact is one kid is the same age as the 2022 igloo complete team . So although bandits played up they are still overall 99% a 2023 team what part don't you get? 1- 12 yr old kid doesn't change the remainder of the 11 year olds into 12 year olds. What is it you cannot see . If your son still had the coaching they did you wouldn't always find the need to add negative comments against them.
Stop with the sour grapes because your kid got cut we all know who comes on here and after awhile is boils down to certain people . Give credit when credit is do !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy new year
Who are top 10 2023 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH OK Bandit downer .
Fact is one kid is the same age as the 2022 igloo complete team . So although bandits played up they are still overall 99% a 2023 team what part don't you get? 1- 12 yr old kid doesn't change the remainder of the 11 year olds into 12 year olds. What is it you cannot see . If your son still had the coaching they did you wouldn't always find the need to add negative comments against them.
Stop with the sour grapes because your kid got cut we all know who comes on here and after awhile is boils down to certain people . Give credit when credit is do !

Did you mean same age as 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you just say the bandits are 11 years old. They are 2023, right? That's funny, my son's 2022 team is 99% 11 year olds. But I guess you don't see that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy new year
Who are top 10 2023 teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you just say the bandits are 11 years old. They are 2023, right? That's funny, my son's 2022 team is 99% 11 year olds. But I guess you don't see that.

Whoops!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits by far then Honey Badgers , Shore to Shore , Igloo then all the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And then Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And then Express

honey badgers is express newbie. hopefully you're not talking about express C and D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH OK Bandit downer .

The best thing about your comment is that you said there was only one 12 year old and the rest were 11's. And you're right. I don't disagree. Last time I checked, though, 5th graders are 10... Unless you stack the team with holdbacks. But thanks for helping me with my point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silliest comment ever. Igloo wasn't even in the discussion after the summer. Then they played well in one tournament and looked horrible in the next. Shore to Shore has only been together for a week and played in one tournament. They looked good, but beatable. Badgers are not as good as last year. Bandits are Bandits (apparently all 11 years old judging by that prior comment). Wait till spring. There are a lot of talented teams at this level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree igloo and shore to shore Can't be ranked accurately

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silliest comment ever. Igloo wasn't even in the discussion after the summer. Then they played well in one tournament and looked horrible in the next. Shore to Shore has only been together for a week and played in one tournament. They looked good, but beatable. Badgers are not as good as last year. Bandits are Bandits (apparently all 11 years old judging by that prior comment). Wait till spring. There are a lot of talented teams at this level.

Shore to Shore, Honey Badgers and Igloo are a lot closer to "all the rest" than they are to the Bandits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Badgers are clear 2 stop with these other teams trying to drag badgers onto their level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Badgers are clear 2 stop with these other teams trying to drag badgers onto their level

They lost all 3 games playing up in a subpar tournament against B teams and just recently lost to a team thrown together in a week. They are not by any means "clear 2". Igloo will beat them more often than not this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits are so far above that the next team should be 3rd!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should of stated from a 2022 dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Badgers peaked years ago. a lot of parity between badgers, igloo, S2S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you realize how [lacrosse] you sound

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone actually wrote badgers peaked years ago. Such a stupid statement. Einstein, they are 11 now. So when you say years ago, what do you mean. They peaked at 7 years old. So stupid man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those kids with the Igloo helmets are not on Igloo anymore either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone actually wrote badgers peaked years ago. Such a stupid statement. Einstein, they are 11 now. So when you say years ago, what do you mean. They peaked at 7 years old. So stupid man.

It's ok badger daddy. You're now just express 1. Badger identity, helmets, hear, logo is all gone. BM and the website are gone too. Your new identity isn't that cool. Still a good team but falling further from bandits and into the fray with s2s and igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a badger daddy, just responding to a real idiotic statement. Do you read , what you type. Dosent that sound so stupid, saying 11 year olds peaked years ago. If you don't see it, have your friends or wife proof read your post before you send it. Goodbye.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you realize how [lacrosse] you sound

[lacrosse]? Is that like Pop-tarted?

So stupid it's funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits are a great team no doubt but it is hard to route for a team that classifies itself as a 2023 when there are older kids on that team. When I was a kid travel meant going to the next town and if you were good enough you played with the older kids. It did not mean playing with younger kids. I know the argument for holdbacks but I think there needs to be more transparency regarding how many older kids are on ANY team. I play on a 40 and over hockey league and am creeping to the older league but you are allowed 2 players under 40. You are not allowed a majority of players to break the age limit. BUT I do enjoy watching those kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is good to play against older kids. Let teams cheat and play down so long as it is safe. Winning these tournaments and team rankings mean nothing. Your kid should be in this for fun and development as players. The kids who play the correct age will only get better and as many 2021 kids who played down for the top teams are finding out playing down has hurt them and many of those older 2021 kids who played down are now on B teams or playing proper age on B teams. They failed to develop as much as they could have playing down. There are a lot more kids that fail playing down than kids that succeed. We just hear more about the successful ones. Other than kids don't develop as much as they should playing down the only other issue is coaches and parents would like to know if the kids they are playing against are older so they can measure thier own kids development. It is hard to measure the development of a proper aged kid if he is playing against kids one to two years older without knowing ages. Hard to tell if the proper age kid got beat and looks slower or was the kid that beat him just older? Other than that who cares if you are playing against older kids so long as it is safe.

Bandits are a great team no doubt but it is hard to route for a team that classifies itself as a 2023 when there are older kids on that team. When I was a kid travel meant going to the next town and if you were good enough you played with the older kids. It did not mean playing with younger kids. I know the argument for holdbacks but I think there needs to be more transparency regarding how many older kids are on ANY team. I play on a 40 and over hockey league and am creeping to the older league but you are allowed 2 players under 40. You are not allowed a majority of players to break the age limit. BUT I do enjoy watching those kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a badger daddy, just responding to a real idiotic statement. Do you read , what you type. Dosent that sound so stupid, saying 11 year olds peaked years ago. If you don't see it, have your friends or wife proof read your post before you send it. Goodbye.

The kids on my boy's team are 10. They are s very good team. Shore to Shote needs to settle down and so does Igloo. You did decently in the fall, but teams are not whole till the summer. Let's see how they do then. Badgers are stil decent, but yes, they have fallen. I would say that Igloo, STS, Badgers, Warriors, Outlaws and possibly Empie Green are a crap shoot. Any one of those teams could win on any day when they are at full strength ( which very few teams are in fall tourneys). If you disagree, you are delusional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Badgers peaked years ago. a lot of parity between badgers, igloo, S2S[/quote]

Saying any kid "peaked" at 10 is a bit ridiculous. What we are seeing are kids maturing and getting better, individually. The individual talent across all these teams, including the Bandits is very similar. The differentiator will be the coaching. These boys are now able to grasp more complex offenses and defenses. The better coaches who can teach and motivate will find themselves with winning teams; those that can't will find themselves being behind. Just because you were a good/great college player doesn't mean you know how to teach and motivate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I peaked at 10. Been downhill ever since ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being somewhat of an LI outsider who sees these teams on occasion at tourneys, I agree fully with the statement that it gets harder and harder for certain teams to kick [lacrosse] as the years pass. So, in that respect, the Badgers did peak (as a team relative to others, not as players).

As the boys hit these crucial years, even a casual observer can see that athletes developing is key. At the root of it all: coaching. Smart coaching separates teams to a large degree.

Having been part of the typical club lax lack of continuity with my son, I believe most clubs are mild messes. Not a hot mess, but not tight and smooth.

What 91 Bandits have done and continue to do in 2023 is very rare and maybe even special. To align coaches, talent, development and parents over years is very hard. Most club teams fail at this for all the obvious reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being somewhat of an LI outsider who sees these teams on occasion at tourneys, I agree fully with the statement that it gets harder and harder for certain teams to kick [lacrosse] as the years pass. So, in that respect, the Badgers did peak (as a team relative to others, not as players).

As the boys hit these crucial years, even a casual observer can see that athletes developing is key. At the root of it all: coaching. Smart coaching separates teams to a large degree.

Having been part of the typical club lax lack of continuity with my son, I believe most clubs are mild messes. Not a hot mess, but not tight and smooth.

What 91 Bandits have done and continue to do in 2023 is very rare and maybe even special. To align coaches, talent, development and parents over years is very hard. Most club teams fail at this for all the obvious reasons.

2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are top 5 out of state teams in 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am interested as well but also interested in the best teams overall (not just inside or outside of NY).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am interested as well but also interested in the best teams overall (not just inside or outside of NY).

Bandits
Igloo
Bethesda (MD)
Shore 2 shore
Patriots (NJ)
Badgers
Carol Manor (MD)
Outlaws
Empire
Warriors
Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits
Igloo
Bethesda (MD)
Shore 2 shore
Patriots (NJ)
Badgers
Carol Manor (MD)
Outlaws
Empire
Warriors
Legacy

Looneys and FCA were tops in baltimore last year for 2023. Crabs starts in 5th grade and should be good. Carroll Manor is a rec team. Most of their better kids are full time club now

Page 29 of 70 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard