BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question for all you experts.....
Historically over the last say 25-30 years who are the best programs in Nassau conference A,B,C?
Suffolk A,B,C?

Who cares? I think it is much more important to look to the future and who looks to be dominant. Much more relevant to look at recent history say 5 or even 10 years. The Power Programs like West Islip and Garden City would be considered the Top Two Programs.

Suffolk A - West Islip
Nassau A - Syosset

Suffolk B - Huntington?
Nassau B - Garden City

Suffolk C - IDK?
Nassau C - Manhasset (when they were in it)

West Islip is done, they hardly have any college commits. dynasty over.
Top teams will be the two Smithtowns with East having an edge. WM will be strong, and connetquot could be up there too. Northport will struggle with their senior losses. Syosset will be the best team in NC, but by no means better than the top Suffolk teams.

If the West Islip kids are not being recruited it might be because the recruiting paradigm has drastically changed over the past two or three years.

College Coaches are gathering in mass at 9th and 10th grade tournaments that host the top club teams in the country. If a player is not on one of the top club teams playing in these events that player will have a more difficult time getting recruited by the top college programs.

The college coaches have spoken with their actions. College coaches want to be able to recruit at a venue where they can watch the top talent in the country. When the top teams from 91 and Madlax (Crabs, Express, Laxachusetts, HHH etc...) play college coaches get to watch a minimum of 20 plus legitimate D1 players competing in the same game. (150-250 top players per grade at an event)

Like it or not you can not dispute the facts. Take a look at the 2018 ans 2019 commits. There are over 350 (2018's) committed and about 99% play Club.
I would say that 100% of the 50 plus 2019's play club.

I am 100% sure that there are many players who are not on a top club team that are better than the top recruits. However, it will be more difficult for those players to get recruited if they are not at the big recruiting events.

Is the West Islip dynasty done ? - yes, but it won't be replaced either. Since their last titles in 2012 (county,LI,state ) only Ward Melville has done that. Smithtown East and West were supposed to replace WI, but for all the talent SW did NOTHING and SE has the last two county titles but can't get off the island. So gloat all you want about commitments Smithtown because you haven't put up any bragging rights for successor to WI or WM.
As far as college commitments, the post above has it right. Since 2012 the early recruiting has hurt the WI kids, as the program doesn't bring up too many underclassmen and most don't play club in high school in addition to summer school team. The program does have to remedy this somehow by placing the younger H.S. teams in better tournaments and being more hands on with the youth program and the younger summer h.s. teams. That being said WI did beat the much hyped SW and WM teams who had a lot more D1 commits in 2014 to get to another county title game with an overachieving group. The coaching and unselfish players made the difference. We will be fine.

No one will match West Islip's record of college lacrosse presence when they had 50+ kids per year playing in D1/D2/D3 over a 4-5 span. NO ONE. That's the WI legacy and I highly doubt it will be matched.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Historically over the last say 25-30 years who are the best programs in Nassau conference A,B,C?
Suffolk A,B,C?

Who cares? I think it is much more important to look to the future and who looks to be dominant. Much more relevant to look at recent history say 5 or even 10 years. The Power Programs like West Islip and Garden City would be considered the Top Two Programs.

Suffolk A - West Islip
Nassau A - Syosset

Suffolk B - Huntington?
Nassau B - Garden City

Suffolk C - IDK?

Top teams will be the two Smithtowns with East having an edge. WM will be strong, and connetquot could be up there too. Northport will struggle with their senior losses. Syosset will be the best team in NC, but by no means better than the top Suffolk teams.

If the West Islip kids are not being recruited it might be because the recruiting paradigm has drastically changed over the past two or three years.

College Coaches are gathering in mass at 9th and 10th grade tournaments that host the top club teams in the country. If a player is not on one of the top club teams playing in these events that player will have a more difficult time getting recruited by the top college programs.

The college coaches have spoken with their actions. College coaches want to be able to recruit at a venue where they can watch the top talent in the country. When the top teams from 91 and Madlax (Crabs, Express, Laxachusetts, HHH etc...) play college coaches get to watch a minimum of 20 plus legitimate D1 players competing in the same game. (150-250 top players per grade at an event)

Like it or not you can not dispute the facts. Take a look at the 2018 ans 2019 commits. There are over 350 (2018's) committed and about 99% play Club.

I am 100% sure that there are many players who are not on a top club team that are better than the top recruits. However, it will be more difficult for those players to get recruited if they are not at the big recruiting events.

Is the West Islip dynasty done ? - yes, but it won't be replaced either. Since their last titles in 2012 (county,LI,state ) only Ward Melville has done that. Smithtown East and West were supposed to replace WI, but for all the talent SW did NOTHING and SE has the last two county titles but can't get off the island. So gloat all you want about commitments Smithtown because you haven't put up any bragging rights for successor to WI or WM.
As far as college commitments, the post above has it right. Since 2012 the early recruiting has hurt the WI kids, as the program doesn't bring up too many underclassmen and most don't play club in high school in addition to summer school team. The program does have to remedy this somehow by placing the younger H.S. teams in better tournaments and being more hands on with the youth program and the younger summer h.s. teams. That being said WI did beat the much hyped SW and WM teams who had a lot more D1 commits in 2014 to get to another county title game with an overachieving group. The coaching and unselfish players made the difference. We will be fine.

No one will match West Islip's record of college lacrosse presence when they had 50+ kids per year playing in D1/D2/D3 over a 4-5 span. NO ONE. That's the WI legacy and I highly doubt it will be matched.

They had a great run! It's all in the past now. Sad but true. My opinion is that is lack of development of the younger kids. Not playing club has hurt the program, maybe beyond repair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean starting at age 5 is to late, and having a year round lax program is not enough?
And yes keeping the kids at home, not letting them play club hurts. It hurts the stars, but it strengthens the average players. The average players get better by playing with their team mates. The stars don't play against better competition or get seen at top recruiting events. Many programs have caught up, many more a catching up. WI will always be in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI and Garden City have both tried to go the "in town" model - it has not worked the last couple of years for them - if it does not play out in the next couple of years I suspect all of the kids in those towns will start to jump to clubs - high school coaches are clearly losing impact in the recruiting process and despite most people's wishes I doubt highly that it will slow down anytime soon....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC FO kid is a soph and a Maryland commit - I would say he's better than decent

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SF from GC more entrenched in recruiting than most club coaches - every big time program leans on him for input and he really takes care of his kids, regardless of what you hear (those parents are the rose colored glasses with unrealistic expectations)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And got recruited playing club lacrosse!! What is point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A,B,C?

Suffolk A - West Islip
Nassau A - Syosset

Suffolk B - Huntington?
Nassau B - Garden City

Suffolk C - IDK?

Who are you referring to when you state "we will be fine"?

Please do not put wardmelville in the same class as West Islip. We all know that wm has a long history of great lacrosse but their dynasty was a long long time ago. They have won exactly 1 county championship in the past 15 years and everyone knows there is an asterisk next to it.

Please stop the backward thinking regarding HS summer teams. Not bringing underclassmen up to varsity has very little impact on recruiting. HS lacrosse has very little impact on recruiting.

Smithtown East has won back to back County Championships until they are beaten they are the new dynasty. West Islip has as good of a chance as anyone to knock them off.

West Islip needs to have their best players spend some time playing with the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the asterik you refer to for WM's 2013 county title?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't connect or reply to the thread that said something along the lines of "syosset has only good FOGO in Nassau County" - which was my point, that the GC kid committed to Maryland is very good as well - and I would venture to say you have no idea how that kids recruiting process went. Let's just leave it at that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't connect or reply to the thread that said something along the lines of "syosset has only good FOGO in Nassau County" - which was my point, that the GC kid committed to Maryland is very good as well - and I would venture to say you have no idea how that kids recruiting process went. Let's just leave it at that.

Sounds like somebody didn't get invite to commit to Maryland. Sorry Daddy! Sour groups !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like somebody didn't get invite to commit to Maryland. Sorry Daddy! Sour groups !

Maryland is quick to commit mediocre talent. They often take two a year. They have one guy that takes f/o the rest sit the bench. and get no money. Good luck with that! Like I said the only decent kid, not elite, but good, is the soyosset fogo, who will probably not play in college till his senior yesr (maybe) due to the elite northport kid who is there now and will most likely start. You people really have no clue!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people either don't read the posts or just can't comprehend the point at hand. There are no sour grapes in reference to this commit - I was actually applauding his talent. The point being, and let me spell it out, that there is more than one decent faceoff kid in Nassau County - it's not just the kid from Syo - the kid from
GC is better than decent as well. I am sure there are more than two decent fogos in Nassau County as well, these aren't the only two.

Also lets take the Maryland FO kids from Northport, Syo, Commack, GC (in recruiting class order 2015-2018) and you have better than mediocre talent.

When has Maryland taken two true fogos in one of their top classes with Tillman?

They take 1 a year, and very good ones at that. But yet I have no clue ?

Don't be suprised of the GC kid plays offense eventually

Daddy's being Daddy's

Educating the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy may say that it was a weak year for LI lacrosse as some people have said in the past, or maybe he knows of some secret reason that he can't elaborate on. I have watched a lot of lax over the last 30 years and to say anything negative about that team would mean your an idiot who knows nothing about the game. That team was a buzz saw that was unbeatable that year. I would put them up against any one team over the last 10 years on LI and they would be the favorites. That includes the great WI teams which was a run that will probably not be seen anytime soon. As we all know LI high school lax can be a year to year sport and sometimes a town has a special group. Don't do a disservice to those kids by trying to come up with excuses why they were so good. The bottom line is sometimes a team really is that good. A thorough beat down of a good Massapequa team and Running time in state championship game should say it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen and well played! Great points all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people either don't read the posts or just can't comprehend the point at hand. There are no sour grapes in reference to this commit - I was actually applauding his talent. The point being, and let me spell it out, that there is more than one decent faceoff kid in Nassau County - it's not just the kid from Syo - the kid from
GC is better than decent as well. I am sure there are more than two decent fogos in Nassau County as well, these aren't the only two.

Also lets take the Maryland FO kids from Northport, Syo, Commack, GC (in recruiting class order 2015-2018) and you have better than mediocre talent.

When has Maryland taken two true fogos in one of their top classes with Tillman?

Daddy's being Daddy's

Educating the field

When it comes to a position like fogo, there is good, then there is elite. There is much more talent in Suffolk in this area. Last year and this year. These kids get better playing other top guys. In college they pretty much only play one kid. If you are going in behind a guy that is considered elite, you really don't have much of a chance to see the field until the other kid graduates or gets injured. And if there are other good kids in front of you that could work against you as well. Maryland will most likely start the same kid for the next 4 years. He is the one getting the big scholarship money. The rest ride the bench. Same kind of thing happens with with goalies. You really need to take into account who is ahead of you in the same position. I've even seen HS kids move to different districts because of this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this straight, its a little early. Are you saying that you know people who moved out of high school districts because there was a better lacrosse player ahead of them. I don't believe any sane parent would do that. There has to be more to the story. Its not believable. The end of the lacrosse rainbow is what, making 700 dollars a game in the MLL, saving 10, 000 a year in college, or giving lessons making 50 bucks an hour. To uproot a family and go to another high school, because your current district has a better goalie or fogo, is just not believable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Daddy's being Daddy's

Educating the field

Great. Thanks so much for educating everyone. When you say things like "let's just leave it like that", you are not being complimentary. You are pretending you know things you don't. Unless you are the Maryland coach, please stop with the unsolicited "education".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this straight, its a little early. Are you saying that you know people who moved out of high school districts because there was a better lacrosse player ahead of them. I don't believe any sane parent would do that. There has to be more to the story. Its not believable. The end of the lacrosse rainbow is what, making 700 dollars a game in the MLL, saving 10, 000 a year in college, or giving lessons making 50 bucks an hour. To uproot a family and go to another high school, because your current district has a better goalie or fogo, is just not believable.

This has definitely happened, and not just in lax. It usually happens by a kid living with a divorced parent other relative living in another district. If the family can afford it they may try the private school route. One prominent fogo, sophomore Hopkins commit from Suffolk just left his decent hs program where he was starting to attend private school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why I'm wasting time but "Let's just leave it at that" was in reference to no one knowing about how his recruiting process went / in no way is that insulting. Indeed you can't even understand in posts I'm sticking up for the kid and calling him a high quality player - read, comprehend and retain what is being said then make a statement don't just type to be heard

Still waiting for Tillmans top classes with two fogos a year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why I'm wasting time but "Let's just leave it at that" was in reference to no one knowing about how his recruiting process went / in no way is that insulting. Indeed you can't even understand in posts I'm sticking up for the kid and calling him a high quality player - read, comprehend and retain what is being said then make a statement don't just type to be heard

For one, the 2016 grad year. They have one from Maryland and one from Syosset. Not sure,about other years, but I suspect there are more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the decent fogo's dad ...... You know the kid who beat your elite Suffolk fogo's team in the LIC. All of you parents pop off and know zip about Recruiting, $ or Marylands mindset going forward as they attempt to win an NCAA ring. Let the refs ref, the coaches coach and the players play. And the over opinionated jerk off should stay off the booze when sitting in front of his computer screen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the decent fogo's dad ...... You know the kid who beat your elite Suffolk fogo's team in the LIC. All of you parents pop off and know zip about Recruiting, $ or Marylands mindset going forward as they attempt to win an NCAA ring. Let the refs ref, the coaches coach and the players play. And the over opinionated jerk off should stay off the booze when sitting in front of his computer screen.

Calm down mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's pretend no one cares what you think or pretend to know. Then would you shut up and step away from the bottle and computer? Leave the kids alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calm down mom.

Nah it's the Dad and you're still a jerk off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calm down mom.

Easy there! Actually he (your son) lost the majority if you want the stats. You need to calm down and get your facts strait. Your son did better than expected, let's leave it at that, still no state hardware ca me of it. There are a number of decent f/o kids on LI. They all work very hard and generally get along well with one another. It was actually your son that was identified as the best in NC. Best of luck to them all in the upcoming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the goalies looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calm down mom.

Wow. U sound like a Whiney mom.......who makes believe that anyone cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calm down mom.

Again your a jerk off and identify yourself but you won't because your a mutt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has definitely happened, and not just in lax. It usually happens by a kid living with a divorced parent other relative living in another district. If the family can afford it they may try the private school route. One prominent fogo, sophomore Hopkins commit from Suffolk just left his decent hs program where he was starting to attend private school.

There are plenty of school districts that lose their top players every year. Mainly to the privates. Let alone their middle of the road and bottom players. All things considered I am sure for all of them (since this is a lax site)Lacrosse is the last straw and deciding factor.

you may say parents are ridiculous for thinking this way, I say to each their own. 3 weeks before the next crop of athletes leave their districts for the privates. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of school districts that lose their top players every year. Mainly to the privates. Let alone their middle of the road and bottom players. All things considered I am sure for all of them (since this is a lax site)Lacrosse is the last straw and deciding factor.

you may say parents are ridiculous for thinking this way, I say to each their own. 3 weeks before the next crop of athletes leave their districts for the privates. Good luck

3 weeks before the 2020's find out if they will head off to the privates.

Which districts future was put on hold with the departure of their 2019/2018's. What schools felt the exodus prior, who are the "could have beens" if their 2017 2016 stayed in district?

2019?
2018?
2017?
2016?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calm down mom.

Let's start with your name and number. Tough gal. Otherwise you are just a fake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calm down mom.

Let's start with your name and number. Tough gal. Otherwise you are just a fake.

ok..ok.. its Your Mama......

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Bay Shore could run into problems with kids leaving for privates. They looked real good this past fall. I hope the Coach has a chance to keep them all together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a safe school . More important than lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Bay Shore could run into problems with kids leaving for privates. They looked real good this past fall. I hope the Coach has a chance to keep them all together.

Not sure about the rest of the positions but take a look at the goalies they put out. SJB, STA, CHAM, along with the one in the pipes at BS. All these Bay Shore boys will play at the next level.

They also have a very good 2020 goalie as well as a few 2021s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every school has their issues, sex drugs violence, some more than others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many reasons why parents send their kid to private school. Over the years players from Wantagh, South Side, Massapequa, Syosset, Smithown, Ward melville, Garden City, Manhasset, Huntington, Cold Spring Harbor etc... have all opted to attend private school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree people need to embrace diversity. Bay Shore HS churns out great athletes AND academic kids. Do some research

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bay Shore has a problem because their lacrosse is a team not a program. There is no coordination between youth, middle school and high school. The town definitely has talented kids that live there, its just that a good amount leave for Catholic schools for many different reasons. But I am sure it would make the decision to leave harder for them if things were more coordinated. The school is safe and the education is very good so that's not the reason. They have some good kids coming up so time will tell.

Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard