BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He is a traitor grew up in pequa, played for pequa and teaches in pequa.
Goes to Syosset- what a joke- an always preaching about being a team player.
He is a joke

If this is the guy I am thinking of he started coaching in Syosset over a decade ago before going to Massapequa

Syosset is becoming a breeding ground for coaches - Kings Point HC, Duke Asst. , HHHW HC,

Maybe he didn't get enough credit, coaching for a guy that never played the game and is getting more money to boot. No brainer.

Sooooo, if you never played the game that means you are/will not be a good/great coach. Well....that's the stupidest thing I have read on this site so far !!!!!!

Do you have ADHD? Didn't say you had to have played the game to be a great coach. Stating possible reasons that his assistant left his program. Oh and btw. I don't think he is a great coach.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will Suffolk send to the Long Island Championship? Smithtown East, West Islip, Northport or Connetquot ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another super productive thread. Entertaining, but inane bickering at its best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will Suffolk send to the Long Island Championship? Smithtown East, West Islip, Northport or Connetquot ?

boys or girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy money is on SE but you never know. Anyone know anything about the B or C boys divisions?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

boys or girls

Boys.

I think Girls would be WI, MC, NP & SE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

boys or girls

Boys.

SE = Smithtown East

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

boys or girls

Boys.

SE = Smithtown East

Girls I would watch for WM coming up this year. Could be the surprise underdog.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

boys or girls

Boys.

SE = Smithtown East

Girls I would watch for WM coming up this year. Could be the surprise underdog.

Smithtown West will be in the mix as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it passible that Smithtown East could win both the boys and girls county championship? I do not know enough about who the competition is on the girls side.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC GIRLS WILL BE STRONG
WI WILL BE IN MIX
WARDMELVILLE UNDERRATTED
NORTHPORT IS NOT GONNA BE GOOD ENOUGH
SMITH EAST AND WEST ARE GOING TO BE GOOD

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS !!!!!!
SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE NOT A CLUE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC GIRLS WILL BE STRONG
WI WILL BE IN MIX
WARDMELVILLE UNDERRATTED

What about Class B? Sayville and SWR should be battling for the crown again in Suffolk. Is Harborfields for real?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point will be questing for the crown.

MC GIRLS WILL BE STRONG
WI WILL BE IN MIX
WARDMELVILLE UNDERRATTED

What about Class B? Sayville and SWR should be battling for the crown again in Suffolk. Is Harborfields for real?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that Nassau girls will go to 2 divisions like Suffolk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Along with the poison which comes with the package.

Rocky Point will be questing for the crown.

MC GIRLS WILL BE STRONG
WI WILL BE IN MIX
WARDMELVILLE UNDERRATTED

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wardmelville girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East Vs West Islip in the County Finals.

Smithtown East by 5

Threepeat.

All that matters is the State hardware. Nobody cares if it ends at the county. Last years' expectations were off the charts and it finished as a huge disappointment despite taking the county.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown East by 5

Threepeat.

All that matters is the State hardware. Nobody cares if it ends at the county. Last years' expectations were off the charts and it finished as a huge disappointment despite taking the county.

Looking forward not back. I don't think expectations were too high, thought by many to win the county (and won). Not many people thought they would beat Nassau (Syosset or Massapequa). Smithtown East returns some talent and they might just win the county championship again. Massapequa and Syosset are not as strong as last year so Suffolk Champ will have a better chance of getting off the Island.

Smithtown East is the favorite again. I'm not sure who will challenge. As you implied in your post, winning the County Championship is not much of an accomplishment. It's a weak league without a lot of competition and nobody cares who wins it. Only two or three teams have a shot (maybe 4). If I had to guess I would say:

1. Smithtown East
2. West Islip
3. Northport
4. Connetquot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who have never coached or played a high school sport, I would like to clarify the statement "nobody cares if it ends at the county"... as a former all county player and coach of a county championship team- let me add not in lacrosse...Winning county titles is not something to look past or minimize...that is a huge accomplishment...especially in Suffolk Boys lacrosse...probably one of the top counties in the state even north east region given the national rankings many of the teams have had in recent past. So winning a county title is a huge accomplishment. Unfortunately, in the State competition Suffolk and Nassau are required to play each other before getting off the Island to complete the State Championship run. So realistically that is the State final game as evidence by all of the Sate Championship teams from Long Island. Being a two time county champ is incredible. Also remember that team did so with many underclassman on the field. The first title saw 3 freshman with significant contributions...the second saw a team with freshman and sophomore contributions...This year the team will be looking at the junior class to carry the burden...but who doesn't like the prospects when you have kids with 2 county championships already under their belt...I'd take that experience any day as a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who have never coached or played a high school sport, I would like to clarify the statement "nobody cares if it ends at the county"... as a former all county player and coach of a county championship team- let me add not in lacrosse...Winning county titles is not something to look past or minimize...that is a huge accomplishment...especially in Suffolk Boys lacrosse...probably one of the top counties in the state even north east region given the national rankings many of the teams have had in recent past. So winning a county title is a huge accomplishment. Unfortunately, in the State competition Suffolk and Nassau are required to play each other before getting off the Island to complete the State Championship run. So realistically that is the State final game as evidence by all of the Sate Championship teams from Long Island. Being a two time county champ is incredible. Also remember that team did so with many underclassman on the field. The first title saw 3 freshman with significant contributions...the second saw a team with freshman and sophomore contributions...This year the team will be looking at the junior class to carry the burden...but who doesn't like the prospects when you have kids with 2 county championships already under their belt...I'd take that experience any day as a coach.

I very much agree with this post. There Are 49 teams in Suffolk lax, I don't have the entire history of lax in front of me but it looks to be about 30+ teams that have never won a county title. So, as far as, 2 in a row, the list is very short. It is something to be very proud of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I very much agree with this post. There Are 49 teams in Suffolk lax, I don't have the entire history of lax in front of me but it looks to be about 30+ teams that have never won a county title. So, as far as, 2 in a row, the list is very short. It is something to be very proud of.

On any given year there are two strong teams in the league. Some years there are three or four teams with a legit chance at winning the championship. There are some good teams but competition beyond the top few is weak.

I actually do believe that winning the County Championship is a big deal because most years you have to beat at least one or two strong teams in the playoffs. I just do not believe that most regular season game are competitive. Would much rather see a smaller conference and allow more non league games.
It will never happen so we will do what we can with what we have.

Who has a legit shot at beating Smithown East?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On any given year there are two strong teams in the league. Some years there are three or four teams with a legit chance at winning the championship. There are some good teams but competition beyond the top few is weak.

I actually do believe that winning the County Championship is a big deal because most years you have to beat at least one or two strong teams in the playoffs. I just do not believe that most regular season game are competitive. Would much rather see a smaller conference and allow more non league games.

Nobody, nada, zip. Not at least until they get into the states. But they are definitely LI Champs this year. Have you seen that roster????? Unreal talent. Best, most consistent program on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody, nada, zip. Not at least until they get into the states. But they are definitely LI Champs this year. Have you seen that roster????? Unreal talent. Best, most consistent program on LI.

I think you mean the most publicized group of players thanks to the Lax Unlimited dad who had Ty S write all those neat articles about them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset can beat them. Will be great game!!

I think you mean the most publicized group of players thanks to the dad who had Ty S write all those neat articles about them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a graduate of Smithtown East and a lacrosse program alumni nothing would please me more than a state championship. That being said I think they are a very talented team. I do have reservations about the coaching staff's ability to adjust during tight games. Take last year's County final for example. SE jumped out to a pretty good lead at the half. WM adjusted and tied it up to go to overtime. WM dominated in overtime and SE goalie stood on his head. SE scored and won it. Long Island championship pretty much the same thing but Syosset was overpowering and won it pretty handily. In both games SE didn't adjust to the other teams adjustment. It's a long road to the state title and you need more than talent to win it. I hope that I am wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a graduate of Smithtown East and a lacrosse program alumni nothing would please me more than a state championship. That being said I think they are a very talented team. I do have reservations about the coaching staff's ability to adjust during tight games. Take last year's County final for example. SE jumped out to a pretty good lead at the half. WM adjusted and tied it up to go to overtime. WM dominated in overtime and SE goalie stood on his head. SE scored and won it. Long Island championship pretty much the same thing but Syosset was overpowering and won it pretty handily. In both games SE didn't adjust to the other teams adjustment. It's a long road to the state title and you need more than talent to win it. I hope that I am wrong.

Is the Smithtown East coaching staff great? I don't know but I would say they are pretty good. They have been able to win back to back county championships. The first one they were certainly not the favorite and they found a way to win. Last year people expected them to win and they found a way to get it done. I don't recall any big adjustments made by the other team in the final game. I know they had a few different players fogo and one kid won cleanly in OT but thats about it. WM had a Stud attackman but he was unable to finish on that day. I think across the board Smithtown East was the better team and they proved it by winning. The coaching staff has been able to win with a large number of underclassmen and they have been able to win when the odds were against them. I think those are two signs that they are decent coaches. West Islip is the only program in the league that has a stronger coaching staff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Mr. Nada, I think you forgot about Syosset, who will beat them again. Maybe you were thinking about Suffolk County...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset may have the best attackman and middie in NC but perhaps the best team in the county will be CSH and of course Pequa will not rollover for anyway - should be fun .....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown East by 5

Threepeat.

I think that it was you who had off the chart unrealistic expectations. It was you that was hugely disappointed at the way the season ended. I think everyone associated with the Smithtown East Program is proud of all they have accomplished in 2014 and 2015. Looking ahead to 2016 with tremendous optimism knowing that the players will give all that they have and the coaches will provide great leadership. Not sure that you can say the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset may have the best attackman and middie in NC but perhaps the best team in the county will be CSH and of course Pequa will not rollover for anyway - should be fun .....

Did you just say CSH is best team in county????????

They would get beat up by Pequa, Syosset and probably a few more. Good team. No way best team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for all you experts.....
Historically over the last say 25-30 years who are the best programs in Nassau conference A,B,C?
Suffolk A,B,C?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Historically over the last say 25-30 years who are the best programs in Nassau conference A,B,C?
Suffolk A,B,C?

Who cares? I think it is much more important to look to the future and who looks to be dominant. Much more relevant to look at recent history say 5 or even 10 years. The Power Programs like West Islip and Garden City would be considered the Top Two Programs.

Suffolk A - West Islip
Nassau A - Syosset

Suffolk B - Huntington?
Nassau B - Garden City

Suffolk C - IDK?
Nassau C - Manhasset (when they were in it)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A,B,C?

Who cares? I think it is much more important to look to the future and who looks to be dominant. Much more relevant to look at recent history say 5 or even 10 years. The Power Programs like West Islip and Garden City would be considered the Top Two Programs.

Suffolk A - West Islip
Nassau A - Syosset

Suffolk B - Huntington?
Nassau B - Garden City

Suffolk C - IDK?

West Islip is done, they hardly have any college commits. dynasty over.
Top teams will be the two Smithtowns with East having an edge. WM will be strong, and connetquot could be up there too. Northport will struggle with their senior losses. Syosset will be the best team in NC, but by no means better than the top Suffolk teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CSH? That's funny!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, impressive analysis on long island high school lacrosse. You sound like that kid ogilvee in the bad news bears.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A,B,C?

Suffolk A - West Islip
Nassau A - Syosset

Suffolk B - Huntington?
Nassau B - Garden City

Suffolk C - IDK?

Top teams will be the two Smithtowns with East having an edge. WM will be strong, and connetquot could be up there too. Northport will struggle with their senior losses. Syosset will be the best team in NC, but by no means better than the top Suffolk teams.

Have to disagree with your predictions for Suffolk A.

Final Four will be:

Smithtown East
West Islip
Northport
Connetquot

Merry Christmas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A,B,C?

Suffolk A - West Islip
Nassau A - Syosset

Suffolk B - Huntington?
Nassau B - Garden City

Suffolk C - IDK?

If the West Islip kids are not being recruited it might be because the recruiting paradigm has drastically changed over the past two or three years.

College Coaches are gathering in mass at 9th and 10th grade tournaments that host the top club teams in the country. If a player is not on one of the top club teams playing in these events that player will have a more difficult time getting recruited by the top college programs.

The college coaches have spoken with their actions. College coaches want to be able to recruit at a venue where they can watch the top talent in the country. When the top teams from 91 and Madlax (Crabs, Express, Laxachusetts, HHH etc...) play college coaches get to watch a minimum of 20 plus legitimate D1 players competing in the same game. (150-250 top players per grade at an event)

Like it or not you can not dispute the facts. Take a look at the 2018 ans 2019 commits. There are over 350 (2018's) committed and about 99% play Club.
I would say that 100% of the 50 plus 2019's play club.

I am 100% sure that there are many players who are not on a top club team that are better than the top recruits. However, it will be more difficult for those players to get recruited if they are not at the big recruiting events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of these hs coaches play a pathetically slow brand of lax and that dramatically increases the importance of the fogo - I believe Pequa and Syo graduated strong faceoff men - that will be interesting to see who they have to step up - if not SE will be the fav for LI in A....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of these hs coaches play a pathetically slow brand of lax and that dramatically increases the importance of the fogo - I believe Pequa and Syo graduated strong faceoff men - that will be interesting to see who they have to step up - if not SE will be the fav for LI in A....

Syosset still has their fogo. Probably the only decent one in NC. Suffolk has 3 teams with strong fogos S East, S West, and quot. S EAST and West also has major talent in that area coming down the pipeline. WM is in the mix in that area as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A,B,C?

Suffolk A - West Islip
Nassau A - Syosset

Suffolk B - Huntington?
Nassau B - Garden City

Suffolk C - IDK?

If the West Islip kids are not being recruited it might be because the recruiting paradigm has drastically changed over the past two or three years.

College Coaches are gathering in mass at 9th and 10th grade tournaments that host the top club teams in the country. If a player is not on one of the top club teams playing in these events that player will have a more difficult time getting recruited by the top college programs.

The college coaches have spoken with their actions. College coaches want to be able to recruit at a venue where they can watch the top talent in the country. When the top teams from 91 and Madlax (Crabs, Express, Laxachusetts, HHH etc...) play college coaches get to watch a minimum of 20 plus legitimate D1 players competing in the same game. (150-250 top players per grade at an event)

Like it or not you can not dispute the facts. Take a look at the 2018 ans 2019 commits. There are over 350 (2018's) committed and about 99% play Club.
I would say that 100% of the 50 plus 2019's play club.

I am 100% sure that there are many players who are not on a top club team that are better than the top recruits. However, it will be more difficult for those players to get recruited if they are not at the big recruiting events.

Is the West Islip dynasty done ? - yes, but it won't be replaced either. Since their last titles in 2012 (county,LI,state ) only Ward Melville has done that. Smithtown East and West were supposed to replace WI, but for all the talent SW did NOTHING and SE has the last two county titles but can't get off the island. So gloat all you want about commitments Smithtown because you haven't put up any bragging rights for successor to WI or WM.
As far as college commitments, the post above has it right. Since 2012 the early recruiting has hurt the WI kids, as the program doesn't bring up too many underclassmen and most don't play club in high school in addition to summer school team. The program does have to remedy this somehow by placing the younger H.S. teams in better tournaments and being more hands on with the youth program and the younger summer h.s. teams. That being said WI did beat the much hyped SW and WM teams who had a lot more D1 commits in 2014 to get to another county title game with an overachieving group. The coaching and unselfish players made the difference. We will be fine.

Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard