BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's right in the middle of basketball season and volley ball season . . . it is not lacrosse season. Many girls play basketball, which is why winter lax league teams have sketchy attendance, and girls don't attend lax winter clinics. The girls knew who made each team right after tryouts because the girls text each other right after roster emails are sent out. The only girls who might not know their teammates are the new girls.

Yup, girls don't show up to weekend lax practice because of middle school basketball and volley ball.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what happened at elevate all the good players left and Dave is scrambling to create a 2018 team unfortunately people want to stay away from him and team elevate I wish I knew before I paid

Why? Does your daughters 2018 Elevate team need more players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Summer tourneys are M&D playing in this year? You guys have amazing talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you just check your daughter's M&D schedule that's hanging on the fridge?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you just check your daughter's M&D schedule that's hanging on the fridge?

You seriously think an M&D Parent posted that? Assume you are from Heros.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe those Monsters from Upstate NY want another shot at the top of the food chain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably an MD United follower. They're apparently the last team that had the Kryptonite, beating M&D in the Fall Uprising in 2014

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably an MD United follower. They're apparently the last team that had the Kryptonite, beating M&D in the Fall Uprising in 2014

Right..Because in a Braveheart after a 20 minute playoff game is a true test of who's the better team as opposed to the many blowouts in full games that have followed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe those Monsters from Upstate NY want another shot at the top of the food chain.

I keep seeing reference to this Monster team. Did they beat M&D black?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure that M&D lost in the summer of 2015. And more than once.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an angry X heros parent posting stuff. No biggie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2021's a definitely beatable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost to who? We know they battle back and forth with YJ, is there another team you are referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. They got blown out by M&D black this fall. They did beat TLC and Heros though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Probably an MD United follower. They're apparently the last team that had the Kryptonite, beating M&D in the Fall Uprising in 2014

Pretty sure you are wrong. M&D lost one game to YJ by one goal at Lax for the Cure. That's it. Won every other tournament they played in as well as the MD Club spring league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2021's a definitely beatable.

No crap. Every team is beatable. But in the last 15 months only one team has been able to do it. Once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw them play this fall. Goalie/defense is a strength, nice transition game. The only possible dent in the armor I saw was on the offensive end. At times they turned the ball over running into double teams rather than dishing it off. They'll get it fixed...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Probably an MD United follower. They're apparently the last team that had the Kryptonite, beating M&D in the Fall Uprising in 2014

Pretty sure you are wrong. M&D lost one game to YJ by one goal at Lax for the Cure. That's it. Won every other tournament they played in as well as the MD Club spring league.

Actually MD beat YJ twice and they lost to YJ three times and tied once last year if you want to be accurate. Our greatest competition by far is MD. look forward to every game. This year should be just as competitive, Our tournament schedule came out today, we will see them 3 times this year we hope, But we are not doing the Towson camp again and not going to Ocean City either. Too far for 20 minute games I am assuming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kk

Actually MD beat YJ twice and they lost to YJ three times and tied once last year if you want to be accurate. Our greatest competition by far is MD. look forward to every game. This year should be just as competitive, Our tournament schedule came out today, we will see them 3 times this year we hope, But we are not doing the Towson camp again and not going to Ocean City either. Too far for 20 minute games I am assuming.

What kinds of changes did each team make ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do want to be accurate. M&D won every tournament that they played in other than Lax for the Cure. They lost to YJ there by a goal. What were the other 2 wins you are claiming this year? I assume you are counting the game at camp that was not attended by all players and where the teams weren't coached by their own coaches? If you want to claim that one ok, but what was the third one? M&D could count the win at Young Guns this fall where they blew out YJ but that would be unfair. Just curious where you are coming up with 3 wins over M&D this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do want to be accurate. M&D won every tournament that they played in other than Lax for the Cure. They lost to YJ there by a goal. What were the other 2 wins you are claiming this year? I assume you are counting the game at camp that was not attended by all players and where the teams weren't coached by their own coaches? If you want to claim that one ok, but what was the third one? M&D could count the win at Young Guns this fall where they blew out YJ but that would be unfair. Just curious where you are coming up with 3 wins over M&D this year.

Yeah agree with you, don't know where the third win came from either???? At the end of the day, these teams only played each other in two tournaments that had their respective club send them to, all others were optional showings. Split the summer tournaments 1-1.
I made a post that wasn't meant to set off a YJ vs MD argument, was more interested in the MD united claims of having beat m&d black, which I now believe is put to rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah agree with you, don't know where the third win came from either???? At the end of the day, these teams only played each other in two tournaments that had their respective club send them to, all others were optional showings. Split the summer tournaments 1-1.
I made a post that wasn't meant to set off a YJ vs MD argument, was more interested in the MD united claims of having beat m&d black, which I now believe is put to rest.

No argument at all, by far best 2 teams out there. MD & YJ. First game we played you beat us by 2, then beat us by 1, then we tied, then we beat you buy 1, then we beat you by 2, then we beat you by a brave heart at camp which you can count or not, doesn't matter either way. Absolutely love playing you guys, win or lose!!! Beats blowing teams out by 15 goals anyday!!!
They made some changes to us this year, dropped 4 girls and one girl moved to another club because of the travel, family was spread out too thin and they wanted to be together more. They added 5 girls which will improve us. I'm sure you guys made changes also. Good luck!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No argument at all, by far best 2 teams out there. MD & YJ. First game we played you beat us by 2, then beat us by 1, then we tied, then we beat you buy 1, then we beat you by 2, then we beat you by a brave heart at camp which you can count or not, doesn't matter either way. Absolutely love playing you guys, win or lose!!! Beats blowing teams out by 15 goals anyday!!!
They made some changes to us this year, dropped 4 girls and one girl moved to another club because of the travel, family was spread out too thin and they wanted to be together more. They added 5 girls which will improve us. I'm sure you guys made changes also. Good luck!!

I think people are confused by when you beat M&D by 2. Where was that? I'm getting old, but I certainly don't recall that game. The braveheart was at camp in Towson. The 1 goal win by YJ was at Lax for the Cure. Where did YJ beat M&D by 2?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think people are confused by when you beat M&D by 2. Where was that? I'm getting old, but I certainly don't recall that game. The braveheart was at camp in Towson. The 1 goal win by YJ was at Lax for the Cure. Where did YJ beat M&D by 2?

Who cares? Apparently the teams played a bunch of close games last summer; new season coming up. Stop living through your 12-year olds and move on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Apparently the teams played a bunch of close games last summer; new season coming up. Stop living through your 12-year olds and move on!

what the [lacrosse] are you talking about? No one is living through their 12 year old. It's an honest question on when YJ beat M&D by 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess M&D has their share of crazies too! Who really cares about last summer when these girls were 11? Are these really the two best teams in the entire 2021 universe? Kinda sounds like it..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw them play this fall. Goalie/defense is a strength, nice transition game. The only possible dent in the armor I saw was on the offensive end. At times they turned the ball over running into double teams rather than dishing it off. They'll get it fixed...

Which team are you referring to when you they turn the ball over running into double teams? YJ have a good number who never give up the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you putting to rest? MD United beat M&D, not sure what you are putting to rest? Also have you checked the MD Brine roster?? MD United has more girls on the Brine than M&D, so that must mean something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you putting to rest? MD United beat M&D, not sure what you are putting to rest? Also have you checked the MD Brine roster?? MD United has more girls on the Brine than M&D, so that must mean something.

Most likely someone affiliated with MD United was part of the selection process for Brine (a total money grab) or M&D chose not to participate in such a lackluster tournament. The talent level of these two teams is not really comparable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D black had the tendency to turn it over. Top level team with girls that are encouraged to go to goal rather than distribute ball in order to pad numbers. Not uncommon with these teams...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brine is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D black had the tendency to turn it over. Top level team with girls that are encouraged to go to goal rather than distribute ball in order to pad numbers. Not uncommon with these teams...

You have just described 95% of youth lacrosse! It's taught at a young age when girls are encouraged to run down the middle and shoot every time. Even with the three pass rule in PAL you hear them yelling pass back to me.

The best is when a girl will run them entire field without passing, gets triple teamed and still try's to shoot and the ball dribbles out.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You have just described 95% of youth lacrosse! It's taught at a young age when girls are encouraged to run down the middle and shoot every time. Even with the three pass rule in PAL you hear them yelling pass back to me.

The best is when a girl will run them entire field without passing, gets triple teamed and still try's to shoot and the ball dribbles out.

I've seen that everywhere from PAL to club to HS and it never fails to annoy. Side eye to all the number-runners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where these rosters posted? I am assuming that most of the M&D girls did not bother going to the tryouts this fall. First off, the Brine team is a bit of a joke, and secondly, there is another tryout in Baltimore in the Spring. If they are trying out, why would they drive down there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you ever actually watched them play? The girls are never encouraged to go to goal. The reason they are successful is that they move the ball so well for their age as well as their communication on defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another disgruntled lax mom whose daughter got cut...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the "Best" club seems to have girl’s tryout for Brine. Neither M&D nor United travel to second and third tier tournaments and tout themselves as champs of the world when really they are afraid of M&D and YJ

As for the money grab, it is whatever. Girls get to play more, play more with different input. I tend to think it is more about Brand loyalty than the money. The real money is made by the Tournaments and “whoever” is running them. Maybe the “whoever’s” are the one’s calling it a money grab because they are afraid of losing their own money grab. If you are kept in the dark about your options, the “whoever’s” get to keep you drinking their kool-aid and your cash as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md United's directors are the type that push their players to tryout for EVERY team, in the hopes that some of them make at least one team. Then, when a few of them make a team like the Brine ones they boast about it like they just won the national championship. The director has zero coaching resume'. Her daughter was a good player, but that by itself doesn't make mommy a good coach. Md United is ran by a person who is business-minded, not lacrosse-minded. Lots of hype, no substance. When they first showed up a few years ago, she was able to poach some good players from good teams by telling them she was a lacrosse God. Now though, the word is out. Just another club lax team. Meh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ rosters posted. Looks like many bailed on 4th team so back to 3, probably a wise choice.
2nd team looks strong with some nice additions and will be very competitive this summer.

Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard