BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 31 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the Hawks/Loonies game.

1) the FOGO kid was there and won repeatedly - he is an ace
2) it may be for fun but you might want to tell the Loonies parents that because their behavior is appalling - incessant whining and a bunch of sore losers. Get over it - you lost

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always happens with them. I was there too, whine soo much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I saw the Hawks/Loonies game.

1) the FOGO kid was there and won repeatedly - he is an ace
2) it may be for fun but you might want to tell the Loonies parents that because their behavior is appalling - incessant whining and a bunch of sore losers. Get over it - you lost

Hawks dad, be glad you won and let it go at that. Yes, it is box and for fun and nobody really cares who won/lost in this box league, the real test is in the spring/summer. I have been to many lax games and sat with parents of many different teams and you know what, they all act the same, especially if their team is behind or lost. No reason to pick on Looney's parents. No, I am not connected to Looney's in any way, just saying fans are fans and their behavior is similar. None of them act like they are watching tennis at Wimbledon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. When your kids are in HS, juniors or seniors they will not remember this game. The parents are making themselves look like lunatics. This is true for many lacrosse parents not just Looneys or Hawks. These parents should realize the parents actions will be remembered long after the score of these games are forgotten. Your reputation can take a life time to build up but only one action can ruin it for many years to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any college coaches there? Who cares meat. It's indoor

Its a dead period sir. They could not be there if they wanted to be.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody really cares? Sure. I'm not a Hawks dad - I was there for the FCA/91 game. Sorry bud - the Loonies parents were like whiney little girls. Didn't have all your players, must be tired because of the holidays, etc. Not every teams parents behave the same - so - don't give me that nonsense. How about they lost because the other team played better. Maybe next time the Loonies will win. Who knows - but enough with excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody really cares? Sure. I'm not a Hawks dad - I was there for the FCA/91 game. Sorry bud - the Loonies parents were like whiney little girls. Didn't have all your players, must be tired because of the holidays, etc. Not every teams parents behave the same - so - don't give me that nonsense. How about they lost because the other team played better. Maybe next time the Loonies will win. Who knows - but enough with excuses.

OMG, if you are a FCA parent, then you have no reason to say anything about another teams parents, FCA parents are near the top for being whiney little girls. Team 91 parents are just plain outright rude. Been around this game a long time and have seen many teams and how the parents act. It is a shame, let the kids play and win or loose, be respectful of others and control your actions. What many don't understand, a college coach recruiting will quickly back of a prospect if they see the parent(s) acting like jerks. I have seen it happen and know of a few kids who lost out due to this. A college coach doesn't want or need this, and I can't blame them. And again, bud, not giving excuses but it is winter box lacrosse, and who really cares. Did a little research and see the Looney's beat Hawks Green this past fall in the field game. That carries more weight but I don't care that much, I am not associated with Looney's or Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG, if you are a FCA parent, then you have no reason to say anything about another teams parents, FCA parents are near the top for being whiney little girls. Team 91 parents are just plain outright rude. Been around this game a long time and have seen many teams and how the parents act. It is a shame, let the kids play and win or loose, be respectful of others and control your actions. What many don't understand, a college coach recruiting will quickly back of a prospect if they see the parent(s) acting like jerks. I have seen it happen and know of a few kids who lost out due to this. A college coach doesn't want or need this, and I can't blame them. And again, bud, not giving excuses but it is winter box lacrosse, and who really cares. Did a little research and see the Looney's beat Hawks Green this past fall in the field game. That carries more weight but I don't care that much, I am not associated with Looney's or Hawks.

All parents from all teams are crazy and say and think crazy things. Some years some teams have 3 or 4 more crazy on a given team. But to say any one club is crazy and your club is not will just end up with PIE in your face before you know it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You are a tool. Did you forget about Fca and Looneys. 4 teams then there's the rest.

Box is a joke and by no means an indicator of success at the field game. The majority of these teams athletes are involved in other sports during winter, as they should be. The best 2020 team isn't even playing. While it can sharpen those with marginal skills in certain ways, its not a recipe or substitute for the real thing. Who cares who wins the goals box league? The same people who care about the NFL exhibition season. The parallels between the 2 are striking.

Box is a joke? Canada has won the last 3 international championships. And Canadian high school Hill School recently defeated the u19 Mens National team.

The league is fun for the boys and helps develop skills which absolutely benefit them outside

Box is different than field. Both are great games. All games matter to the kids (& family) playing in those games. The 2020 division of this Box league is very competitive. The winner of this championship will have really accomplished something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the Loonies parents must care given their moaning and groaning. Hawks won - Loonies lost - Loonies parents complained, FOGO flew back to Florida.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the Loonies parents must care given their moaning and groaning. Hawks won - Loonies lost - Loonies parents complained, FOGO flew back to Florida.

Just did some checking, I guess Looney's parents were pleased when Looney's beat Hawks 15 -3 in the Mid Atlantic Fall Showdown this past November. That, in my opinion, has much more significance than a winter fun box league. And notice how Looney's is spelled. Again, I have no connection with either team, but I find it amusing that Hawks parent or friend keeps posting how great this win was and then goes on trashing the parents. Why not just enjoy your win and be done with it. I do not remember seeing any mention this past November about anyone bragging about the Looney's win, in a field game none the less, where it really counts. Enjoy your Holiday and let the kids play and leave the parents out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also....Looneys enjoyed..but didn't say much, about the 5 to 0 win over Hawks at young guns...that was 5 to 0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hence the term "FloGo"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a Loonies parent (possibly a Crabs parent would to) would actually know the scores from previous games. Hence my original comment that the parents whined like whittle bity babies. Bunch of yahoos who take it way to seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hence the term "FloGo"

Good grief is that the best you have? That really missed the humor mark.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's and FCA parents are some of the biggest trash parents out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hence the term "FloGo"

Thought it was pretty clever actually. Not surprised that it went right over the heads of the Looney's crew.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looney's and FCA parents are some of the biggest trash parents out there. [/quote.

So says a Crab parent or maybe crab daddy himself. You need to take it a step further and look at yourself and/or Crab parents. They are beyond trash/scum of the earth. Maybe it comes from Ryan M and their organizational trash culture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a Loonies parent (possibly a Crabs parent would to) would actually know the scores from previous games. Hence my original comment that the parents whined like whittle bity babies. Bunch of yahoos who take it way to seriously.

No skippy, all you need to do is look up previous tournaments to get scores. Taking it way too seriously really seems to be your hangup bunkyboy. Must be Hawks fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hence the term "FloGo"

Thought it was pretty clever actually. Not surprised that it went right over the heads of the Looney's crew.

Clever, clearly you have no idea of clever. And still the butthead Hawk dad still tries to trash Looney's people. Give it a rest, you are far from funny or clever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be interesting the next few years for 2020, FCA White, Breakers or ummm 91 MD Platinum, and Looney's Green will all be AA and compete against their top teams respectively. All the late bloomers will be taking the spot light!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whining by the Loonies parents is not surprising. Good sportsmanship isn't really in their DNA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are scores available on the Internet for previous tournament? I can't seem to find them? Would you mind posting the links?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ALWAYS easy to remember a SHUTOUT....right HAWKS??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the middle school grades, what is the main difference between the NPYLL and the Howard County top brackets? I assume level of play is pretty close. Why would a club choose one over another?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW. Love the crazy parents. Jerry Jerry Jerry. The parents can not even throw or catch and never knew what a gb was. Love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the middle school grades, what is the main difference between the NPYLL and the Howard County top brackets? I assume level of play is pretty close. Why would a club choose one over another?

Get the popcorn ready.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NYPLL has been around longer and was started by and for clubs that required a full-time commitment and kids dropped their rec teams. Howard County was started a few years ago to coexist with rec but most teams have morphed into club-only. The top teams in both league are comparable but NYPLL has more AA teams. Hoco has more total teams and will have up to 3 levels at some grades. All games are at Howard Co turf fields.
NYPLL travel from N Baltimore to No VA to Annapolis...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loonies parent proving the ordinal poster's point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that indoor doesn't count? it's a valid point!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What in the crap are you talking about? This makes absolutely no sense. Seems like spelling/typing are not your strong points. Yet you still post crap like this, trashing parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly the guy meant original poster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It obviously counts for something or there wouldn't be this many posts about it. Box is a great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It obviously counts for something or there wouldn't be this many posts about it. Box is a great game.

How can it mean anything when most teams don't have a good majority of players available. Some teams can't even get a goalie to play and use another teams goalie for games. This is purely for keeping a stick in the players hands through the winter, nothing more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
box is a different game from field. anyone with a clue knows that. teams that are good at one aren't always good at the other. look at team usa for instance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great box players are always great field players. Great field players are not by default good box players. Basically in box you don't have space to just carry the ball all over the place and dodge. It's a very technical game where a team has to move the ball quick to get a shot. You also have to be a great shooter to score in box. 4x4 goals and the goalies have bulkier padding. It is a different game in those regards, but the US is about the same at both. Last cycle the US senior team got a silver in outdoor and a bronze in indoor. Lost to Canada and lost to Six Nations. Canada won both. For U-19s the current US field team is not at all likely to beat Canada, and the US indoor U-19 team was 4th at worlds. Lost to Canada and lost to Six Nations. Canada is on top now in both field and indoor for both senior and U-19 national teams. The US is about the same level below them in both and the US is give and take with Six Nations. Right now the reason why Canada seems a little better is the box skill set. All the speed is the ball being passed around and not the players running around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess FOGO kid flew up from Florida because it doesn't matter. More Loonies excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some really good box games this Sunday also at Goals. Team 91 vs. Rough Riders 7pm and FCA vs. Hawks (both unbeaten) 8pm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No...was here to work out with face off clinic...no big deal.
Certainly not just to play box.
See you on the field in spring...maybe another shutout??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess FOGO kid flew up from Florida because it doesn't matter. More Loonies excuses.

your team must consistently lose to Looney's in league and tournament play. Enjoy your indoor victory, it probably won't happen again until next indoor season.

Page 13 of 31 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard