BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 42 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congradulations to her! Why did she leave YJ blue? I thought nobody leaves the blue team.

If she did leave, she'd be the second one to walk away this year.

Someone left blue this year? I know a bunch left gold, that team team will be much weaker this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch, did I hit a nerve? Or did I really not give you any wiggle room to respond back with a reason or another stupid comment. And who said she was a 2020, I sure didn't. When one resorts to name calling on an anonymous board, tells you all you need to know. I only mentioned it, after numerous posts by the way, to combat all the specialness. But keep up the name calling, I'm sure the call for your little princess will eventually come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congradulations to her! Why did she leave YJ blue? I thought nobody leaves the blue team.

If she did leave, she'd be the second one to walk away this year.

If you consider that one family moved out of the country and the other young lady had been commuting from Florida I really don't know if this is that much of a story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it so hard to believe that a 2020 committed, I am guessing she did and congrats to her and her family. There are still some humble families in the sport that don't have to be the toast of the town. I'm sure there are plenty of 2019s locked in and haven't tweeted or instagram'd it out.

Can't we all just applaud success and support each other?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it so hard to believe that a 2020 committed, I am guessing she did and congrats to her and her family. There are still some humble families in the sport that don't have to be the toast of the town. I'm sure there are plenty of 2019s locked in and haven't tweeted or instagram'd it out.

Can't we all just applaud success and support each other?

Lacrosse would be a great game without parents

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing successful about a 2020 committing. I'm guessing you are the same poster who constantly is trying to defend the posting. No one can defend that an 8th grader has it all figured out, knows the life plan, and has a successful road map in place. I'm sure though you're in the same camp that will start cheering when 6th and 7th graders commit, because they are successful and special, and somehow you know them or are related to you. This air of success is exactly why steps are being taken to curtail it. Can't come soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing successful about a 2020 committing. I'm guessing you are the same poster who constantly is trying to defend the posting. No one can defend that an 8th grader has it all figured out, knows the life plan, and has a successful road map in place. I'm sure though you're in the same camp that will start cheering when 6th and 7th graders commit, because they are successful and special, and somehow you know them or are related to you. This air of success is exactly why steps are being taken to curtail it. Can't come soon enough.

Look most 8th graders are still little girls so this will be the exception not the norm. If this is all true this girl must be a gifted athlete and congratulations to her and her family. If this school or another top program came knocking on my door and I imagine if they are trying to lock you up this early they are throwing a boatload of money I would be all over it! I would also quickly help my kid figure it out. We know plenty of HS and college kids that still don't know what they want. This girl can now focus on her studies and continue to play without all the stress and nonsense for the next 4 years. I say well done !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree completely. I'm sure she received a very very generous scholarship. It was the school she wanted that had her area of study and hundreds more if she changed her mind. She could even change her mind (which is very unlikely) since it is just a verbal commitment. I see little downside risk for this child and family. You will see other 2020's commit in the near future for the same reasons this player did. Congrats!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I truly feel bad for whomever is posting this nonesense. Very delusional. Your reality check will come soon enough. Oh I forgot, she's special.... All the 2020s are so unique and special. Whew now she can focus, because clearly in 7th grade she wasn't as focused as she could of been. Spare us all. Boatload of money huh...thanks for the laugh. Yes schools must rush to the 2020s now and throw a ton of money at 8th graders to get them locked up. I'm done responding, you'll be the same guy or gal I'll see screaming on the sidelines on how special princess is. Wish this forum wasn't anonymous, any coach reading your nonesense would steer clear, that's for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I truly feel bad for whomever is posting this nonesense. Very delusional. Your reality check will come soon enough. Oh I forgot, she's special.... All the 2020s are so unique and special. Whew now she can focus, because clearly in 7th grade she wasn't as focused as she could of been. Spare us all. Boatload of money huh...thanks for the laugh. Yes schools must rush to the 2020s now and throw a ton of money at 8th graders to get them locked up. I'm done responding, you'll be the same guy or gal I'll see screaming on the sidelines on how special princess is. Wish this forum wasn't anonymous, any coach reading your nonesense would steer clear, that's for sure.

I think they'd actually steer clear of a guy/gal that couldn't just be happy for a kid that is obviously so talented at something that they are recognized for it. How about just a congratulations for the hard work and effort it must have taken for her to get to this point?

Or, maybe just don't say anything at all. That way you don't come off as a mean-spirited, cranky human being.

Congratulations to this girl, amazing accomplishment!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you wish this was wasn't anonymous why don't you sign your name? I don't think we have to worry about schools running out to commit 8th graders but if this is all true what's the big deal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody said the 2020 commit was a former YJ, but,. That is bad info CR claiming a former player!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you so bitter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting that when presented with FACT, you mommies and daddies call me a mean spirited cranky douchbag. Haha. Plain and simple, these posts started with calling into question that a young 8th grader had committed, to one of the best programs in the country. The claim was she was special, unique, and we should all rejoice in her and her family's awesomeness. When asked for proof, surprise surprise there was none. Seems the girl and her family is a one in a million. They are special, she is special, they are humble and want to be quiet about it. You goofballs want to celebrate an accomplishment? What accomplishment? There is no announcement but you all want to rejoice because somehow you think your princess isn't far behind.

With the amount of visibility on the recruiting proposals, and the FACT that young 8th graders who committed in soccer and softball received national attention, you're going to tell me that this situation is so special it doesn't warrant that kind of attention?? That Sports Illustrted would profile other early recruits but leave this story alone, especially in light of the massive amount of support the recruiting proposals are receiving?? Oh I forgot, she's special. I call [lacrosse].

And to the last poster who says go ahead post your name. That was a statement that if there were registered users you'd see far less posts claiming this nonesense, or that an 8th grader is committed to Princeton, or that Dukes 2019 class is already full.

Signed,
Truth hurts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting that when presented with FACT, you mommies and daddies call me a mean spirited cranky douchbag. Haha. Plain and simple, these posts started with calling into question that a young 8th grader had committed, to one of the best programs in the country. The claim was she was special, unique, and we should all rejoice in her and her family's awesomeness. When asked for proof, surprise surprise there was none. Seems the girl and her family is a one in a million. They are special, she is special, they are humble and want to be quiet about it. You goofballs want to celebrate an accomplishment? What accomplishment? There is no announcement but you all want to rejoice because somehow you think your princess isn't far behind.

With the amount of visibility on the recruiting proposals, and the FACT that young 8th graders who committed in soccer and softball received national attention, you're going to tell me that this situation is so special it doesn't warrant that kind of attention?? That Sports Illustrted would profile other early recruits but leave this story alone, especially in light of the massive amount of support the recruiting proposals are receiving?? Oh I forgot, she's special. I call [lacrosse].

And to the last poster who says go ahead post your name. That was a statement that if there were registered users you'd see far less posts claiming this nonesense, or that an 8th grader is committed to Princeton, or that Dukes 2019 class is already full.

Signed,
Truth hurts.

OK, we get it - you don't believe a 2020 committed. Whether it's true or not, why does it bother you so much?? Were you hoping your daughter would be the first and somebody "stole" that from you? Do a little research.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
Truth hurts.

Wow, I have no idea if an 8th grader was recruited, offered a spot and accepted the offer (committed) to a top lacrosse program/school. However, I do know that you are a very sad and bitter individual.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are confusing bitter with trying to deal with facts. It's interesting that anyone who has knowledge of the process and try's to interject facts or detail into a conversation is attacked or accused of being jaded. The state of the sport today is being ruined primarily by parents who have a false sense of reality regarding recruiting etc., or of their child's true abilities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are confusing bitter with trying to deal with facts. It's interesting that anyone who has knowledge of the process and try's to interject facts or detail into a conversation is attacked or accused of being jaded. The state of the sport today is being ruined primarily by parents who have a false sense of reality regarding recruiting etc., or of their child's true abilities.

What facts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what. if others don't have a grip on reality.....so be it. Worry about yourself. If you have a grip on reality .......good for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids and I love this game but between the sideline me first attitudes and all the chest pounding on here the sport is really turning off the average fan and average player.

Look at game attendance, its less than half of what it once was. Years of selfish all encompassing recruiting chatter is driving the masses away.

For the top players who do verbal early, congratulations but regardless of what your parents tell you don't forget it's a team game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha. Couldn't be further from the truth. My daughter is just fine thank you, and will wind up at the school that's right for her, just like her siblings before her. Actively being recruited, and will wind up with great academic/lacrosse choices.

I notice though that no one disputes that if a 2020 verbaled this early that it wouldn't be major news. When the original poster claimed how special this wonderkid was, another poster asked a simple question. Who, where, what club? And that was met with a response on how awesome and special and unique this prodigy was. And how the family was so humble that it was going to remain private. So if you have all this knowledge on the situation please share. It only allows others to be more informed.

Comical how I'm labeled as sad, bitter, pathetic. If someone, anyone is having success that's great. So share with all of us this success, don't come on and post nonesense on how private it all is. I'm sure we'd all like to watch in amazement how this prodigy progresses throughout 8th grade, high school, and eventually her college career.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen! Exactly one of the points I've been trying to make. Special does not = TEAM. It's absurd that people want to celebrate a 2020 verbal like its some great honor or prize. oh I forgot, it's very very special. Let the kids enjoy some high school experience first before rushing to college. It all goes by way too quick without the parents worrying how princess looks on the field so she can get her rightful offer(s).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha. Couldn't be further from the truth. My daughter is just fine thank you, and will wind up at the school that's right for her, just like her siblings before her. Actively being recruited, and will wind up with great academic/lacrosse choices.

I notice though that no one disputes that if a 2020 verbaled this early that it wouldn't be major news. When the original poster claimed how special this wonderkid was, another poster asked a simple question. Who, where, what club? And that was met with a response on how awesome and special and unique this prodigy was. And how the family was so humble that it was going to remain private. So if you have all this knowledge on the situation please share. It only allows others to be more informed.

Comical how I'm labeled as sad, bitter, pathetic. If someone, anyone is having success that's great. So share with all of us this success, don't come on and post nonesense on how private it all is. I'm sure we'd all like to watch in amazement how this prodigy progresses throughout 8th grade, high school, and eventually her college career.

You're a horses arse, you are not writing all of that for the reasons you state. You want to know. You want to compare and show how wrong their personal decision is. Why can you say great and more on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't even respond to that "more on".

As I've stated before my daughter isn't a 2020, so nothing to compare to.

Sorry the truth hurts. Enjoy the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For what it's worth, there's a new 2020 commit listed on the YJ website and guess what school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For what it's worth, there's a new 2020 commit listed on the YJ website and guess what school?

That will make the guy that has been telling everyone since 5th grade that his daughter would be the first to verbal pucker up a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen! Exactly one of the points I've been trying to make. Special does not = TEAM. It's absurd that people want to celebrate a 2020 verbal like its some great honor or prize. oh I forgot, it's very very special. Let the kids enjoy some high school experience first before rushing to college. It all goes by way too quick without the parents worrying how princess looks on the field so she can get her rightful offer(s).

I don't think you understand how the recruiting process works. Below is an overview of how it went with my youngest daughter.

After her rising 9th grade summer she was contacted by 2 schools. One school was great academically the other was good (both top 10 lacrosse). After the fall of 9th grade additional schools made contact. Most of the schools that were top 20 programs. Just about all were strong academically.Two were Top 5 academic schools, one was a Top 10 academic, one was Top 15 academic and one was Top 20 academic. Six of the schools ended the 2015 season ranked in the Top 10 in lacrosse.

We did not expect the recruiting to begin so early. After considering all of the schools that reached out, we narrowed it down to nine schools and began a dialog with the coaches. After visiting the schools we narrowed it down to six and visited five of the schools again. The schools were diverse in many ways and all had much to offer. Five were Top 10 lacrosse programs and all were very strong academically. All of the Schools extended an offer to commit.

After carful consideration and with parental guidance my daughter made a decision. We never made any public announcement on any lacrosse web site, lacrosse blog or in the local paper.

The college coaches are the ones who drove this process. They watched (scouted) the games, they made the contact and they extended the offers. The coaches represented excellent schools with great lacrosse programs. These coaches are competing to get the best players before the other coaches can recruit them. After the top 20 - 30 players are off the board the recruiting process changes but by then the kids are no longer in the ninth grade.

I do not think that you have to worry about too many 8th graders committing. I think 25 - 35 9th graders will commit early this year I don't think many more than that.

Lets see if the coaches can control themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just did look at this. Looks like girl runs x-country pretty good as well-but looks like school is in FL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just did look at this. Looks like girl runs x-country pretty good as well-but looks like school is in FL.

Like it was posted earlier when someone questioned if (2) players left YJ Blue, one young lady no longer resides in the country and another does not live in the North East. It really is not all that difficult. Occasionally people do actually post the truth. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like it was posted earlier when someone questioned if (2) players left YJ Blue, one young lady no longer resides in the country and another does not live in the North East. It really is not all that difficult. Occasionally people do actually post the truth. Lol

I'm sure this will quiet some and others will still try to put a negative spin but no matter how you slice it a commit to this school regardless of age is a major accomplishment.

Congratulations to you and your family!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to this young lady… she must be good to have caught the attention of so many and Gary Gait in particular to be recruited as an 8th grader. The only question I have is how is this girl considered a YJ if she goes to school in Florida and is on a Florida club, Florid Select?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to this young lady… she must be good to have caught the attention of so many and Gary Gait in particular to be recruited as an 8th grader. The only question I have is how is this girl considered a YJ if she goes to school in Florida and is on a Florida club, Florid Select?

I say yes. YJ has posted commitments of girls who have committed to other collegiate sports while being on the YJ roster, so why not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe she played last season with YJ . That's a helluva commute. I thought the Jersey Tpke. was a raw deal. Congratulations to her where ever she has played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so a 2020 girl committed to the Cuse.. no big deal, my daughter is a 2044, yes, a 2044, and she is being recruited by every school in the america and the moon and mars as well. she will get all the accolades not a 2020 commit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So we are all awaiting your apology to this young lady and her family. Clearly, she has verbally committed. You've ranted for a week about it not being true.....is your mea culpa coming???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to sign Truth hurts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, so my daughter plays with this 8th grader who has committed. Nice kid, nice family, kid works like a dog on and off field. My daughter trains with her as well so I see first hand what she does and doesn't do. My 2018 is a good player, not yet committed. If she put half the time in this 2020 does, she would be though.
Amazing to me that people who do not know this kid make comments and judgements about this decision or the process. Most kids don't know what they want to do with their lives, heck I am 52 and am still trying to figure it out. This young lady does and has worked to make it come to a reality for her.
So instead of criticism why not try and respond the way my 14 year daughter did when I told her the news, "Oh my gosh! That's amazing! I am thrilled for her!" Not the response even I had predicted, but had hoped she would say. Be happy for what someone has achieved not criticize because you or your child hasn't reached the same levels yet or ever will.
Happy I live in Florida and don't deal with type of mumbo jumbo on a regular basis. There has to be something else you guys need to do....like wall ball!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Mr. Florida. Ok, if you say so.
A little bizzare, freakish actually, that you state you're watching this kids every move. Something tells me you're a lot closer to this situation than you claim to be.
In any event, the rips come on how everyone should be celebrating this player, how truly unique, how truly special, blah blah blah. Good for her, good for the family, but let's spare the specialness on how this player works 1000% harder than every other 8th grader nationally. Bottom line this is a young 8th grader, still in middle school, shouldn't be making that type of decision, regardless of talent or focus or uniqueness. It's the result of a process that has gotten out of hand, and if continued will only be a matter of time before 8th graders are all committing and someone else will boast how a 6th grader just made her college choice.
Don't worry about me or my children, as a former D1 athlete I don't have to live thru my kids, and all of mine are or will wind up playing at the best academic/athletic fit for them. But I do appreciate your concern that somehow we aren't quite as special.
Sincerely,
Truth hurts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, so my daughter plays with this 8th grader who has committed. Nice kid, nice family, kid works like a dog on and off field. My daughter trains with her as well so I see first hand what she does and doesn't do. My 2018 is a good player, not yet committed. If she put half the time in this 2020 does, she would be though.
Amazing to me that people who do not know this kid make comments and judgements about this decision or the process. Most kids don't know what they want to do with their lives, heck I am 52 and am still trying to figure it out. This young lady does and has worked to make it come to a reality for her.
So instead of criticism why not try and respond the way my 14 year daughter did when I told her the news, "Oh my gosh! That's amazing! I am thrilled for her!" Not the response even I had predicted, but had hoped she would say. Be happy for what someone has achieved not criticize because you or your child hasn't reached the same levels yet or ever will.
Happy I live in Florida and don't deal with type of mumbo jumbo on a regular basis. There has to be something else you guys need to do....like wall ball!

The coaches and parents have effed up this sport. Nobody, I mean nobody cares about lacrosse anymore unless your kid is playing in it. Everyone is out for themselves! HS football kids aren't committing until senior year and the whole town embraces the boys and the TEAM!!!!! Everyone hates going to a lacrosse game not because they don't like the game but because of all this my kid is better than your kid and my kid signed as a 6th grader BS talked about on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
preach my man, preach.....unless you are seeing it first hand, like most of us on this site do, you cannot understand how narcissistic and utterly self important the travel lax community is....said it before, but just try to find another parent cheer for someone other than their kid on the sidelines when nobody is looking...

Page 20 of 42 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard