BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know what he does? He is in it for the money..Thats it. Daughter wants to quit the team but he made us pay in full..If we didnt he would charge interest...I hope more parents open their eyes to this program..Very misleading..$$$$ grab.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DK is a god on this site and ANY badmouthing of him and Elevate is not permissible..on the other hand, TG and BS are fair game as well as most/all other programs...

Listen, no one is a God on this site.. Elevate isn't a sponsor. I don't know him nor do I have an allegiance to him. I have said this before. This thread has the absolute worst case of stalking ever.

It just makes me laugh that this lone turkey comes in to snipe every day.. It is really sad that he is so obsessed with ANY person no matter what his name is..

You forget that I see who is posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed..scary that anyone would be that hard-up about another adult...especially a Lax coach!.... but DK has burned many folks and nobody can ignore that fact...

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
agreed..scary that anyone would be that hard-up about another adult...especially a Lax coach!.... but DK has burned many folks and nobody can ignore that fact...

I hear you and understand.. It is still frightening that someone is THAT crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know what he does? He is in it for the money..Thats it. Daughter wants to quit the team but he made us pay in full..If we didnt he would charge interest...I hope more parents open their eyes to this program..Very misleading..$$$$ grab.

Not taking any sides but not sure I'm buying this? You had a choice to make after tryouts to either accept or decline your position. He didn't "make you pay" you wrote the check. Sounds like there's two sides to this story.

The problem with these forums is you only seem to get really happy drinking the kool-aid folks or the really disgruntled ones who come on here and love to bash. There's been a lot of good information shared on this site and a lot of BS too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How true it is!!!!!$$$$$$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate made you pay in full? I thought they had a payment plan. Why does she want to quit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not taking any sides but not sure I'm buying this? You had a choice to make after tryouts to either accept or decline your position. He didn't "make you pay" you wrote the check. Sounds like there's two sides to this story.

The problem with these forums is you only seem to get really happy drinking the kool-aid folks or the really disgruntled ones who come on here and love to bash. There's been a lot of good information shared on this site and a lot of BS too.

LOL! Yup. "Made them accept the position".
"They made me sign the paper or else I would wake up with my daughter's pony..."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"They made me sign the paper or else I would wake up with my daughter's pony..."

I think what was meant was that they have made several payments adding up to a large sum of money and now that they have played in a few tournaments and maybe had a few practices they are regretful. It's not a good feeling when you pay a lot of money for a product that doesn't live up to your expectations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate made you pay in full? I thought they had a payment plan. Why does she want to quit?

Elevate has changed a lot in one year. They seem more desperate than ever for money. A lot of kids on my daughters team left during the fall. People seem very unhappy and I think they are doing what they can to hold it together. This will be our last year at Elevate as well but at this point I am just hoping they survive until the summer!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what was meant was that they have made several payments adding up to a large sum of money and now that they have played in a few tournaments and maybe had a few practices they are regretful. It's not a good feeling when you pay a lot of money for a product that doesn't live up to your expectations.

Not sure how one would infer that but if more people would post like you instead of, he made me pay or else, they would be more credible and helpful for others in making an informed decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you pay the full fee in the fall for elevate, that's the charge. If you choose to lay in installments, you are charged interest/service fee, whatever you want to call it. So if you can't hand over the full amount when accepting your daughters position, you
pay extra in addition to the regular fee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate has changed a lot since last year. The club had multiple sessions for testing at the Hub in Syosett last year. They have nothing this year. nothing. Why? No one knows. No reason given. Anyone know why? Seems very odd. Quality girls left the program for a start up program at Igloo. Def step backward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate has changed a lot since last year. The club had multiple sessions for testing at the Hub in Syosett last year. They have nothing this year. nothing. Why? No one knows. No reason given. Anyone know why? Seems very odd. Quality girls left the program for a start up program at Igloo. Def step backward.

The Hub changed owners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bottom line is that you now have (2) teams that will not compete at the upper level of play. Say what you want but Elevate could at least give you a game in the past. Sorry to say it but both Elevate and Igloo will struggle if they happen to enter into the top brackets at tournaments. If your daughter wants to be challenged you really only have one choice to play top flight competition. It's a shame but that is the reality of this age group on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they won't allow Dave back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hub changed owners.

and what happened at Cold Spring Harbor, where Elevate had full run of facilities/...coincidence that Elevate loes both Hub AND CSH in same season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hub changed owners.

and what happened at Cold Spring Harbor, where Elevate had full run of facilities/...coincidence that Elevate loes both Hub AND CSH in same season?

Not a coincidence at all. I believe the way Elevate does business has caught up with them and everyone in the lacrosse copmmunity is aware of it. I see other girls teams playig at the HUB all the time (eg. Liberty) but have never seen Elevate there this year. Coincidence...... I think not. Karma....more likely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mm

The bottom line is that you now have (2) teams that will not compete at the upper level of play. Say what you want but Elevate could at least give you a game in the past. Sorry to say it but both Elevate and Igloo will struggle if they happen to enter into the top brackets at tournaments. If your daughter wants to be challenged you really only have one choice to play top flight competition. It's a shame but that is the reality of this age group on LI.

Elevate picked up some unhappy girls and will be fine. The igloo girls will be disenchanted and go next year. It's the way it rolls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mm

Elevate picked up some unhappy girls and will be fine. The igloo girls will be disenchanted and go next year. It's the way it rolls.

Was the team really in that bad a shape that it needed a bunch of unhappy girls? If the prior bunch of top players left what has changed? Never a good sign when top players walk away from the A team and not talking about disgruntled players moving down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mm

You people are really sad. You are exactly what's wrong with youth sports. Merry Christmas - try hugging your kids rather than posting your negative garbage here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mm

When you say unhappy don't you really mean they were cut from the team they were on. Lots of luck with that bunch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there any movement from TG to the other clubs? The rosters won't be posted any time soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there any movement from TG to the other clubs? The rosters won't be posted any time soon.

Why have tryouts in August if you don't plan to post a roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why post a roster ? No other club does

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey troll. Why are you so fixated on TG roster. The girls know which team they are on. You don't need to know. See ya. Merry Christmas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey troll. Why are you so fixated on TG roster. The girls know which team they are on. You don't need to know. See ya. Merry Christmas

You sound like the elevate poster who keeps saying everything is just fine.

There's nothing worse then accepting your spot, send in your payment and find out half have left and club is now scrambling to fill out teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's nothing worse then accepting your spot, send in your payment and find out half have left and club is now scrambling to fill out teams.

Again I will spell it out. The girls and families know who are on the TG teams. Second NOBODY is forcing you to do anything. Worry about YOUR team and organization. Happy New Year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do the date of the tryouts and posting or not posting rosters have to do with each other?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a difference between posting rosters and making proposed rosters available for invited people to see. The rosters are the clubs and players business, no need to publicly post them. But proposed rosters should certainly be available to players making a decision to take a roster spot for a multitude of reasons. Did they make the right choices of players moving up, down, coming ,going. Did they get rid of the loud mouth parents that know one wants to stand next to on the sidelines. Is the politically placed kids situation getting worse or better, etc.... I find YJs choice to only show invited players the roster interesting, I know so many players who were scared to even try out because they posted every name who tried out and put them in an awkward situation if they went back to club they were trying to leave. I think you will see a huge surge in talent trying out next year because they can do it anonymously, with no repercussions of going back to their original club if it doesn't work out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do the date of the tryouts and posting or not posting rosters have to do with each other?

TG is not the club it used to be and they are hurting like a bunch of other clubs. Clubs are struggling to fill rosters. Several years back they were the closest competition to YJ but the top girls have left and now the B team has become the A team and people get all defensive. The reason why so many jumped to a startup like Igloo is because they have become disillusioned and not just a TG thing. Will Igloo be successful who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a difference between posting rosters and making proposed rosters available for invited people to see. The rosters are the clubs and players business, no need to publicly post them. But proposed rosters should certainly be available to players making a decision to take a roster spot for a multitude of reasons. Did they make the right choices of players moving up, down, coming ,going. Did they get rid of the loud mouth parents that know one wants to stand next to on the sidelines. Is the politically placed kids situation getting worse or better, etc.... I find YJs choice to only show invited players the roster interesting, I know so many players who were scared to even try out because they posted every name who tried out and put them in an awkward situation if they went back to club they were trying to leave. I think you will see a huge surge in talent trying out next year because they can do it anonymously, with no repercussions of going back to their original club if it doesn't work out.

I don't buy they were scared to tryout. Whether or not the roster is made public everyone knows who went to the tryout and everybody's standing around talking about other kids. Probably more like scared of not making the top team and where they would be placed but that doesn't sound as good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS has seen many of his best girls leave his club, and many driven away due to the frustration of better players having to play with lesser players from towns he favors, sick of seeing superior teammates on purple teams while stuck playing with lesser players on Black teams. BS has also dropped the ball recently in the recruiting department, many older girls 2018 especially had jumped ship, and that one hurt him as those were his better players, but in 8 weeks with YJ those girls have had 5x the college contacts that they have had with BS. When you have quality 2017's leaving too, then you know the ship is sinking.

So if he posted his roster it would be very embarrassing for him, SS and the club. It probably would lead to other departures especially now programs are popping up in their area and drawing upon their pool And the cThat speak volumes when older girls leave your Black team and take a spot on another programs 2nd team. The silence from the TG camp is deafening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS has seen many of his best girls leave his club, and many driven away due to the frustration of better players having to play with lesser players from towns he favors, sick of seeing superior teammates on purple teams while stuck playing with lesser players on Black teams. BS has also dropped the ball recently in the recruiting department, many older girls 2018 especially had jumped ship, and that one hurt him as those were his better players, but in 8 weeks with YJ those girls have had 5x the college contacts that they have had with BS. When you have quality 2017's leaving too, then you know the ship is sinking.

So if he posted his roster it would be very embarrassing for him, SS and the club. It probably would lead to other departures especially now programs are popping up in their area and drawing upon their pool And the cThat speak volumes when older girls leave your Black team and take a spot on another programs 2nd team. The silence from the TG camp is deafening.

Yawn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD United East should be in the conversation. They knocked off M&D last summer

You keep posting this, but that doesn't make it true. MD United East got blown out every time they played M&D in 2015. And now their goalie moved to M&D. Last time the teams played, M&D won 17-4 in spring championships. I don't think that they played last summer as MD United usually chooses to play in lesser tournaments or is not in the top bracket when they are at the same place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what happened at elevate all the good players left and Dave is scrambling to create a 2018 team unfortunately people want to stay away from him and team elevate I wish I knew before I paid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again I will spell it out. The girls and families know who are on the TG teams. Second NOBODY is forcing you to do anything. Worry about YOUR team and organization. Happy New Year

As a member of a TG family, you are totally wrong. Most girls have no idea who will be on their team. If the Sunday morning practices are any indication, TG is still looking for players. Very few girls at every age group are showing up for practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what happened at elevate all the good players left and Dave is scrambling to create a 2018 team unfortunately people want to stay away from him and team elevate I wish I knew before I paid

Elevate picks up the unhappy YJ leftovers every year. Good players that will get them through one more year but long term this team cannot thrive this way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's right in the middle of basketball season and volley ball season . . . it is not lacrosse season. Many girls play basketball, which is why winter lax league teams have sketchy attendance, and girls don't attend lax winter clinics. The girls knew who made each team right after tryouts because the girls text each other right after roster emails are sent out. The only girls who might not know their teammates are the new girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one shows up because the clinic is a joke. SS could give a rats you know what.

As a member of a TG family, you are totally wrong. Most girls have no idea who will be on their team. If the Sunday morning practices are any indication, TG is still looking for players. Very few girls at every age group are showing up for practices.

Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard