BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As usual, this is a 3 maybe 4 team league. This could be another weak field like 2013 with only 1 or 2 strong teams. Smithtown East is the clear favorite but someone could surprise them. Not sure who will step up. Northport? Do they have another fogo? Melville? I think they lost a lot more than the 2 mentioned. SW? I don't think so. WI? Is this the year they make it back to the county finals? Sachem North? do they have the depth?

Odds are Smithtown East makes it 3 in a row. With the exception of West Islip do any of the other teams have good coaching? Without a bunch of studs I think Craig and the WI staff are the only ones who might have a chance.

Amazed by the lack of respect for Connetquot, even after last year.

No disrespect intended. Forgot to mention Connetquot. You are in the mix with the others trying to knock off Smithtown East. Actually, With the exception of West Islip and Smithtown West you have produced some of the best players in the country in recent years. Good luck this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As usual, this is a 3 maybe 4 team league. This could be another weak field like 2013 with only 1 or 2 strong teams. Smithtown East is the clear favorite but someone could surprise them. Not sure who will step up. Northport? Do they have another fogo? Melville? I think they lost a lot more than the 2 mentioned. SW? I don't think so. WI? Is this the year they make it back to the county finals? Sachem North? do they have the depth?

Odds are Smithtown East makes it 3 in a row. With the exception of West Islip do any of the other teams have good coaching? Without a bunch of studs I think Craig and the WI staff are the only ones who might have a chance.

I was a big supporters of theirs last year and I think they will be a good team but not have the run they did last year. Gone are the warm up games of Patmed, Floyd, Brentwood and LWood. Did you see their schedule. I think the other schools have better kids coming up the pipe top help their studs.

It was a great season last year no need to put the pressure on them to surpass it, I don't think they can. Id be happy with 6 maybe 7 wins.

I agree with everything you said but I'm surprised that they get overlooked that's all. Even last year they didn't get much respect. Oh well, whatever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No disrespect intended. Forgot to mention Connetquot. You are in the mix with the others trying to knock off Smithtown East. Actually, With the exception of West Islip and Smithtown West you have produced some of the best players in the country in recent years. Good luck this year.

No problem, thanks, and good luck to you too this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh get over it already!!!! Dollar bill is gone and there is nothing you can do about it. Move on. Sayville has great athletes which has been proven for years with Dollar bills sub par coaching. The program will continue to do well and will prob do better now that there is a coach who knows the game. STOP YOUR WHINING!!!!

Sir, Coach Doller had a big impact on our team last year. We beat Harborfields and SWR because of the coaching moves made by Doller. We were the same team but we had a different plan, and we won. I played for Coach and am now a Freshman playing at the next level. You are really wrong about Coach and I wish people like you knew what he did for us. Why are you so mad and happy that he is gone?

What "coaching moves" did CD make that had such a big impact?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh get over it already!!!! Dollar bill is gone and there is nothing you can do about it. Move on. Sayville has great athletes which has been proven for years with Dollar bills sub par coaching. The program will continue to do well and will prob do better now that there is a coach who knows the game. STOP YOUR WHINING!!!!

Sir, Coach Doller had a big impact on our team last year. We beat Harborfields and SWR because of the coaching moves made by Doller. We were the same team but we had a different plan, and we won. I played for Coach and am now a Freshman playing at the next level. You are really wrong about Coach and I wish people like you knew what he did for us. Why are you so mad and happy that he is gone?

What "coaching moves" did CD make that had such a big impact?

The ones SWR's coach couldn't counter!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Sachem Notth have a new Coach heard Jay Mauro is gone ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Nassau looking? Seems as Syosset will be top dog. How are Set and GC looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, I should have said, "in addition to" West Islip and Smithtown West , Connetquat has produced some of the best college players in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Conn. had a great season last year, no doubt; but, replicating great seasons are difficult to do in town that don't foster a lax culture. Most of the towns that are discussed have serious offseason programs and great coaching. IMO, Conn has neither. Their success is a product of a handful of very good players coached by their travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Conn. had a great season last year, no doubt; but, replicating great seasons are difficult to do in town that don't foster a lax culture. Most of the towns that are discussed have serious offseason programs and great coaching. IMO, Conn has neither. Their success is a product of a handful of very good players coached by their travel teams.

will they still have their fogo?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

will they still have their fogo?

Yes, and they will have the majority of their starters from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch their attack, can not cover all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you a moron ? Lax culture? "serious offseason programs" wth are you talking about? great coaching? Are you serious? There is only one team in this league that has Leadership and great coaching. It Ain't your town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you a moron ? Lax culture? "serious offseason programs" wth are you talking about? great coaching? Are you serious? There is only one team in this league that has Leadership and great coaching. It Ain't your town.

You don't even know what town that guy is from so wth are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have another drink!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East Vs West Islip in the County Finals.

Smithtown East by 5

Threepeat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, not many great coaches that aren't young or past their prime. tell me you town. I am amazed how my town has amazing talent but never attends the schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What towns have great coaches and serious off season programs? Come on man...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO, there are more good coaches than bad. Regardless of the coaching, you need good players to win. As far as offseason stuff, I would say at least half are working in the offseason, not sure I would call them "offseason Programs", like a college does. But open gym, winter leagues, and fall tournaments are common.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO, there are more good coaches than bad. Regardless of the coaching, you need good players to win. As far as offseason stuff, I would say at least half are working in the offseason, not sure I would call them "offseason Programs", like a college does. But open gym, winter leagues, and fall tournaments are common.

That's almost the textbook definition of an off-season program. Having recently graduated college (where I played for 4 years) I think that the coaching doesn't really come into play at the HS level, with the exception of the topo teir programs that do the above. For the most part, HS coaches put their best players at the positions that give their team the best chance to win. They are teachers in the districs who happen to have played lax (most of the time). Travel coaches coach most of these boys for 10 months a year for years on end. I think if you look at Smithtown for example, they have those boys exclusively for the 10 months and those boys know that system inside and out. If you look at a team like Connetquot, they have some really great players that carry that team. I don't think the coach needs to do any more than put them in the right spot and feed them the rock. He did that last year and they were successful; however, last year was the exception, not the norm. His track record shows that. I only use those towns because they have been discussed earlier. The coach didn't make those players, he got them like that. Smithtown, WM, WI, Mannhasset, etc... those clubs make and develop their boys from day 1. I think that's the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off season programs are usually organized and run by seniors or captains, not coaches.

If the captains are engaged and committed, you will see very good off season programs. I know my son has been running three days a week and practicing a few days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown East by 5

Threepeat.

then they lose again to Nassau threedefeatpeat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's almost the textbook definition of an off-season program. Having recently graduated college (where I played for 4 years) I think that the coaching doesn't really come into play at the HS level, with the exception of the topo teir programs that do the above. For the most part, HS coaches put their best players at the positions that give their team the best chance to win. They are teachers in the districs who happen to have played lax (most of the time). Travel coaches coach most of these boys for 10 months a year for years on end. I think if you look at Smithtown for example, they have those boys exclusively for the 10 months and those boys know that system inside and out. If you look at a team like Connetquot, they have some really great players that carry that team. I don't think the coach needs to do any more than put them in the right spot and feed them the rock. He did that last year and they were successful; however, last year was the exception, not the norm. His track record shows that. I only use those towns because they have been discussed earlier. The coach didn't make those players, he got them like that. Smithtown, WM, WI, Mannhasset, etc... those clubs make and develop their boys from day 1. I think that's the difference.

Just about all of the Smithtown East kids play competitive club lacrosse. Pretty sure most of the Manhasset kids play club. From what I have seen many of the WI kids play club up until HS. WM has always been a mix of some playing club some not. Also, I think the coaches at the school that you mentioned also get a good crop of players handed to them every year. Whether they develop in the youth league or on the club circuit or a combination of both. The HS coaches at the most successful programs are very fortunate that they have so many boys who are dedicated to lacrosse from an early age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown East by 5

Threepeat.

then they lose again to Nassau threedefeatpeat

Maybe but I don't think so this year but you never know.

What we do know is that that there is a lack of competition in both leagues.
Nassau is a little better than Suffolk.

Over the past 10 years it has for the most part been the same teams winning the county championships.

Nassau - Syosset 4, Massapequa 3, Farmingdale 2 Hicksville 1

Suffolk - West Islip 7, Smithtown East 2, Wardmelvile 1

Final four teams - Smithtown East, West Islip, Syosset, Massapequa

Good bet it will be Smithtown East Vs Syosset

Flip a coin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Nassau looking? Seems as Syosset will be top dog. How are Set and GC looking?

And Syosset steals the Pequa D coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a traitor grew up in pequa, played for pequa and teaches in pequa.
Goes to Syosset- what a joke- an always preaching about being a team player.
He is a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

What was the reason for the move?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...Movin on up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

You can't be serious. If he was joke, you wouldn't be so upset. Why do you care so much about where he decides to do whatever he wants to do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
traitor? what are you 13 yrs old?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

What was the reason for the move?

Another great program as he builds his resume like everyone else!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

It's an interesting move. I'm sure there is more to it than we know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

If this is the guy I am thinking of he started coaching in Syosset over a decade ago before going to Massapequa

Syosset is becoming a breeding ground for coaches - Kings Point HC, Duke Asst. , HHHW HC,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

If this is the guy I am thinking of he started coaching in Syosset over a decade ago before going to Massapequa

Syosset is becoming a breeding ground for coaches - Kings Point HC, Duke Asst. , HHHW HC,

Maybe he didn't get enough credit, coaching for a guy that never played the game and is getting more money to boot. No brainer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

Maybe he didn't get enough credit, coaching for a guy that never played the game and is getting more money to boot. No brainer.

Sooooo, if you never played the game that means you are/will not be a good/great coach. Well....that's the stupidest thing I have read on this site so far !!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

Sooooo, if you never played the game that means you are/will not be a good/great coach. Well....that's the stupidest thing I have read on this site so far !!!!!!

Joe Spallina was not know for his lacrosee playing skills. But he sure can coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a joke

Joe Spallina was not know for his lacrosee playing skills. But he sure can coach!

He wasn't a terrible player, just didn't have the size and now he teaches the speed game that would have fit him when he was young. Let's see how that transition goes when the crush boys get to HS and College.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I do. I also know wth I am taking about. Now go tell that guy to go and get his shine box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I do. I also know wth I am taking about. Now go tell that guy to go and get his shine box.

You're the only one who knows wth you're talking about, and you don't know what town that guy is from...

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard