BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 17 of 220 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real way to go is YJ no children coaching children

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your defintion of children is way off-base.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Your defintion of children is way off-base.

Cage sage I think it's a play on words- of you were at national draw and you saw the behavior you may agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much better having daddies coaching that fair for everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it's much better having the majority of your teams coached by player parents! Please!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
G
Giveitabreak
Unregistered
Giveitabreak
Unregistered
G
HMMM...Are you those RP parents who suck up to all the coaches ? Then when you have no use for them , close the door move on ? Whos the flavor of this year going to be???
Careful who you [lacrosse] off..your kids need to finish school with friends..
Sad part is everyone clear as day see this..
Your the only one who would write this stuff..
You know who you are !

Originally Posted by Powderfinger
I, and my daughter, are very happy at TG. As is documented elsewhere on this site, we were with /another club/ for a few years and it wasn't a good match. My personal opinion and experience is to steer yourselves toward clubs that coach girls primarily, not girls as a sideline to boys. IME, the girls are the [lacrosse] stepchildren in those clubs.

What I like about TG: that we do play a lot of tournaments. If you want to be seen you have to be out there. I don't think the tournament schedule is excessive, it's what I expect. YMMV depending on your goals, finances, family situation.

We are very happy with coaching. My kid is getting some great coaching this year, way more so than in HS and in prior club experience. Very happy with quality of other players. Very happy with club culture and other parents.

The thing is every age group is diffierent within clubs, so what's great in one year might not be the same as another year. It's really tough to shop around because there are tryout fees and the timing of tryouts/commitments expected. I asked around and I got lucky finding a match. So that's my advice, talk to people in your daughter's age group. Wander around at tournaments, everyone at tournaments is happy to answer questions so just go and schmooze and see what you find out.

Are you from RP? Just wondering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My experience with TG has been pretty good. The coaching has been great and we get along with the other parents. My daughter is having a great time and playing some pretty good lacrosse. Some parents can be a little overboard. But then again this happens on every team...not just YJ. But alot more seem under control than others. The only down side I see is on the purple teams. We have friends with daughters on a purple team and they are not nearly as satisfied. The coaching has been suspect (when its there) and they seemed to take any girls as long as they could field a team. This may not be the same in other age groups...just theirs'. But then again, alot of programs put most of their effort into their top team. Overall, we like the program and hope to be back next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My experience with TG has been pretty good. The coaching has been great and we get along with the other parents. My daughter is having a great time and playing some pretty good lacrosse. Some parents can be a little overboard. But then again this happens on every team...not just YJ. But alot more seem under control than others. The only down side I see is on the purple teams. We have friends with daughters on a purple team and they are not nearly as satisfied. The coaching has been suspect (when its there) and they seemed to take any girls as long as they could field a team. This may not be the same in other age groups...just theirs'. But then again, alot of programs put most of their effort into their top team. Overall, we like the program and hope to be back next year.

Thanks for your feedback! Which age group is your daughter in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays TG and is on the younger side ,the parents are pretty funny in that they all seem to think their child is a future D1 player and have heard them say they could be the best team in the country for their age. I have seen the attitude many times usually from parents with their oldest child but not on such a team wide attitude.They are actually hoping to play the TG team a year older believing they would dismantle them,Other then those attitudes ,coaching is good, kids are nice, too many non competitive tourneys,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The creator of Top Guns was a yellow jacket, JUST SAYING.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's a good thing for Top Guns. Bring some of the knowledge and strong points from YJ to TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's called evolution. Some day an incredibly accomplished TG player will start her own club program to compete with all the others. Just hope Shannon and all the TG parents would handle it better than CR and the Bee people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's a good thing for Top Guns. Bring some of the knowledge and strong points from YJ to TG.

You mean eliminating the bad points and dishonesty of the Yellow Jackets and bringing them to the Top Guns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
I, and my daughter, are very happy at TG. As is documented elsewhere on this site, we were with /another club/ for a few years and it wasn't a good match. My personal opinion and experience is to steer yourselves toward clubs that coach girls primarily, not girls as a sideline to boys. IME, the girls are the [lacrosse] stepchildren in those clubs.

What I like about TG: that we do play a lot of tournaments. If you want to be seen you have to be out there. I don't think the tournament schedule is excessive, it's what I expect. YMMV depending on your goals, finances, family situation.

We are very happy with coaching. My kid is getting some great coaching this year, way more so than in HS and in prior club experience. Very happy with quality of other players. Very happy with club culture and other parents.

The thing is every age group is diffierent within clubs, so what's great in one year might not be the same as another year. It's really tough to shop around because there are tryout fees and the timing of tryouts/commitments expected. I asked around and I got lucky finding a match. So that's my advice, talk to people in your daughter's age group. Wander around at tournaments, everyone at tournaments is happy to answer questions so just go and schmooze and see what you find out.

Have you or others participated in TG Camps??? was wondering about quality? Good for older kids (HS) or more geared for youth????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And she refuses to coach for them JUST SAYING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you saying? She DID coach for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She did coach for them then decided she could make a lot of money doing it.Just Saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean eliminating the bad points and dishonesty of the Yellow Jackets and bringing them to the Top Guns.

Agree 100 percent by leaving the YJ she eliminated many of the bad points and dishonesty within the YJ organization and brought them to TG.The good news now you have many of the bad points such as too many kids on a team, politics with team selection, being more interested in making money then good lacrosse players, coaches setting bad examples for their players without the good points like producing an incredible amount of successful collegiate players, an incredible lacrosse history of success, multiple national championships, college contacts too numerous to count,etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think they need her anyway just sayin!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100 percent by leaving the YJ she eliminated many of the bad points and dishonesty within the YJ organization and brought them to TG.The good news now you have many of the bad points such as too many kids on a team, politics with team selection, being more interested in making money then good lacrosse players, coaches setting bad examples for their players without the good points like producing an incredible amount of successful collegiate players, an incredible lacrosse history of success, multiple national championships, college contacts too numerous to count,etc.
And numerous broken bones, bruises from stick butts , and thousands of cheap shots. No wonder she left, why tarnish her good name by associating herself with a club that is one step above a street gang. She can build any rep she wants, and hundreds of coaches will listen to the best woman's player in the last 10 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh so where is your 2013 commit list with all your wonderful contacts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would so many coaches listen to the so called best women's player in the past 10 years who has no coaching or talent evaluation experience. Not trying to start trouble actually just curious, I am sure after she produces a few successful D1 players they may start to listen, but as of now her coaching ability and talent evaluation abilities are still in question.Seems funny that one of her teammates and trusted coaches has a younger sister still playing in the YJ organization if they believed what you are saying but then again you seem to be a bit dramatic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would so many coaches listen to the so called best women's player in the past 10 years who has no coaching or talent evaluation experience. Not trying to start trouble actually just curious, I am sure after she produces a few successful D1 players they may start to listen, but as of now her coaching ability and talent evaluation abilities are still in question.Seems funny that one of her teammates and trusted coaches has a younger sister still playing in the YJ organization if they believed what you are saying but then again you seem to be a bit dramatic.

Relax - Name recognition got her a following and she went for the ever flowing cash! when the next great one comes along they will do exactly the same thing. Parents cant pay their mortgage but they can pay for big time lacrosse! Let me know how that big D3 scholarship works out...not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax - Name recognition got her a following and she went for the ever flowing cash! when the next great one comes along they will do exactly the same thing. Parents cant pay their mortgage but they can pay for big time lacrosse! Let me know how that big D3 scholarship works out...not
Let me know how your kids future burger flipping occupation works out for her.

Like Reply Quote
Y
YOUR A FOOL
Unregistered
YOUR A FOOL
Unregistered
Y

WOW ...and i bet your 9 year old daughter signed for northwestern already... you people gotta get a grip.. get off the ban wagon and have the girls play lacrosse and train to be their best without parents being such ignorent a-holes.. No matter what program they belong to..no less at a young age let them be! years ago colleges didnt rely on "Travel Teams" it was school ball.. And i will put money on it you as a parent never even knew what LACROSSE was until your daughter came home from school and asked for a stick...remember that !!!.. unfortunate that every program out there now takes advantage of utilizing the "Stick with me i will put gold teeth in that mouth"... and you dumb asses buy into it..they profit.. and by pot luck your daughter gets a look...but not at 8 or 9 years old.. no less 12 or 13 years old... keep bickering about who's the best and evolving your life decisions around lacrosse to the point your paycheck goes straight to little annies LAX fund. and you will find in the end you and thousands of other families filled the pockets of some very smart buissiness go getters.. and your hopes and dreams made that possible , with them holding a BAG full of cash !!!

Take a step back and re-evaluate your life if you get to the point that you truly believe your Daughter is set for life ! once you sign onto a travel program that a d1 player started , or a bicycle peddling highly connected woman who has been around since girls lax started !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by YOUR A FOOL

WOW ...and i bet your 9 year old daughter signed for northwestern already... you people gotta get a grip.. get off the ban wagon and have the girls play lacrosse and train to be their best without parents being such ignorent a-holes.. No matter what program they belong to..no less at a young age let them be! years ago colleges didnt rely on "Travel Teams" it was school ball.. And i will put money on it you as a parent never even knew what LACROSSE was until your daughter came home from school and asked for a stick...remember that !!!.. unfortunate that every program out there now takes advantage of utilizing the "Stick with me i will put gold teeth in that mouth"... and you dumb asses buy into it..they profit.. and by pot luck your daughter gets a look...but not at 8 or 9 years old.. no less 12 or 13 years old... keep bickering about who's the best and evolving your life decisions around lacrosse to the point your paycheck goes straight to little annies LAX fund. and you will find in the end you and thousands of other families filled the pockets of some very smart buissiness go getters.. and your hopes and dreams made that possible , with them holding a BAG full of cash !!!

Take a step back and re-evaluate your life if you get to the point that you truly believe your Daughter is set for life ! once you sign onto a travel program that a d1 player started , or a bicycle peddling highly connected woman who has been around since girls lax started !

My daughter LIKES the game, I pay all this money because i LOVE the game. My only concern is will I be embarrassed when she doesnt get the big scholarship because she is a miiddle of the pack player who's mom and dad can afford to write the checks needed to keep her involved. Because truth be told, its more about parents then kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THIS IS SO TRUE !
GREAT RESPONSE , AND REALITY CHECK....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May i add that i know people who specifically move to other school districts because there program is better then there current..To me that is ridiculous to base your life off of girls lacrosse , to pick up and move, lose money on your home , and hope they Gel in the new enviorment.. The girls LAX virus just seems to take over the mind...
With the money lost in this they could have paid the tuition.

THIS IS SO TRUE !
GREAT RESPONSE , AND REALITY CHECK....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hannah Nielsen was the best player over the last ten years hands down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hannah Nielsen was the best player over the last ten years hands down.
CANT BE, she didnt come from Long Island or TG or YJ's. The best players in the world come from LI because we pay the most money so it has to be true.

Hannah came from Australia

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please do not include any other group other than TG who believe SS was best player in past 10 years,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She was not even deemed best player this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you did'nt see her put her team on her back and carry them to the Championship... The "best" player went home on friday after NW beat them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you did'nt see her put her team on her back and carry them to the Championship... The "best" player went home on friday after NW beat them

Yes she put the team on her back and carried the rest of a weak team to the championship, she was incredible in goal, and on defense,while playing middie she not only controlled every draw but was the only effective person clearing the ball.Give it a rest and settle for one of the best players in the last ten years and do not sell her teammates and her coach short.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people have nothing better to do than trash talking and analyzing things to death. Just do what's best for your kid and call it day. Keep your negative opinions to yourself. SS didn't claim to be the best player in the past 10 years. However, give her some credit...Tewaaraton Award, Honda Sports Award, Suzy Favor Big Ten Female Athlete of the Year, WomensLax.com Player of the Year, IWLCA Attacker of the Year, MVP of National Championship and ALC Championship, and she was also a finalist for the Sportswoman of the Year. Also, do your math. The Smiths are not getting rich off TG. Their business allows those involved to do what they love. Lastly, don't come down on people because they can afford to give their kids every opportunity to pursue something that they enjoy. Learning to master something (anything!) whether it earns one a scholarship or not will carryover to other aspects of one's life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the 2019 black team for your play at the club nationals. You guys played great only to have the refs steal the championship from you.We put it on the line each weekend playing against not only the best competition in the 2019 age group but also the 2018 age group. Keep up the hard work , we know that on a level laying field there are no other 2019 teams that compare anywhere in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hear ye, hear ye..... I now proclaim the 2019 Topguns best lacrosse team ever!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to 2019 team. However, please don't lessen the tournament with your snide remarks about reffing. I was always taught if you were that great, you would never be in a close game to begin with no matter what the calls are. Just sit back and enjoy the game, the girls are very talented, but have a long, long way to go. Lose the bitterness it is not attractive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the 2019 black team for your play at the club nationals. You guys played great only to have the refs steal the championship from you.We put it on the line each weekend playing against not only the best competition in the 2019 age group but also the 2018 age group. Keep up the hard work , we know that on a level laying field there are no other 2019 teams that compare anywhere in the country.

Whether they are the best 2019 team or not, please don't blame the refs for a loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This my frieinds is exactly what is wrong with youth Lacrosse! It is funny that someone thinks anyone cares!

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 220 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard