BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Long Island Pride Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Discussion thread for community members interested in the Long Island Pride including club information, coaching, teams, tournaments, and game play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Pride Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
As part of our program reviews, here are the costs for the 2011 Long Island Pride program.

FEES FOR SUMMER OF 2011

BOYS:
$950.00 FOR NEW PLAYERS (INCLUDES: HELMET, GLOVES, AND BAG)
$725.00 FOR RETURNING PLAYERS
INCLUDES 4 TOURNAMENTS.
VARSITY PLAYERS WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND HOT BEDS
PLAYERS WILL ONLY BE REQUIRED TO PAY THE FEE SET BY HOT BEDS
(THE PRIDE DOES NOT CHARGE AN EXTRA FEE TO ATTEND)

GIRLS:
$950.00 FOR NEW PLAYERS (INCLUDES: SWEATSHIRT AND LOUNGE PANTS)
$725.00 FOR RETURNING PLAYERS
INCLUDES 4 TOURNAMENTS

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by BoardLord
Discussion thread for community members interested in the Long Island Pride including club information, coaching, teams, tournaments, and game play.
For more information, you can check the Long Island Pride Lacrosse Web Site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For more information, you can check the Long Island Pride Lacrosse Web Site.
Does anyone know why the grade school boys tryouts were cancelled on Sunday?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Repeated from another thread where this was posted.

Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have any feedback or experience with the Long Island Pride Girls Lacrosse league?
If you are talking about the Pride club team, you can find a thread dedicated to the program by clicking here for the BOTC Thread.
We can report that the Long Island Pride are advertising an additional round of tryouts for Sunday, March 20th.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone know why the grade school boys tryouts were cancelled on Sunday?
Looks like there is a full round of re-tryouts scheduled this weekend - either low registration of lack of evaluators caused the initial cancellations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the program for girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is what I was wondering.. Anyone with feedback?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This is what I was wondering. Anyone with feedback?
The girls program is not as well developed as the boys side and certainly does not receive the same level of attention from their web site. That said, the Pride tournament roster included the Capital Cup, Lax for the Cure (this last weekend), Jersey Shore Beach Blast, and the Long Island Elite Girls Showcase. For a varsity player looking for a premier recruiting event, the Elite Showcase is one of the local pinnacles so that visibility is there.

From their coaches listing, Ken Alverson was involved with the girls programs on Long Island (LISGYLL, Friends Varsity Assistant) through 2005. Michele Schaefer handles the Girls Varsity program for the Pride (currently Varsity Coach at Plainview High School).

Your call beyond that. Hope that this information helps!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Reprinting from another post in the Team 91 thread. Poster is seeking information about the Pride program.
Do not know where to put this- but we are a 91 family and also hoping to hear some info on Pride. I know last year they had everyone play that wanted to. This year I heard they were making it more competitive and will not be having as many teams. My son played for 91 in the past but got cut and really only wanted to try out for a team where he knew others trying out- so he chose Pride, along with some friends. I have heard some good things about them- but not much else. Can someone fill me in... he is 2017 year and tried out with 2017-2018 both days.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks... sorry did not see the initial thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a LAX newbie parent and was wondering if I get some parent thoughts on the Pride program ? I'm looking to independent parent comments rather than the Prides own view. Do they have an "A" or "B" team.? Any comments about the fall/winter program would be helpful as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had played for a big well known club for a few years and eventually got cut this past year. We were not bitter- but sought to find a team that worked for our schedule and his abilities. He tried out for Pride as many of the other big names already had their try outs by the time he heard he was cut. We were sure it would be a one year thing and he would try out for some of the bigger names next year. I have to say, I am fairly impressed with the club. They are not one of the power houses- but not every kid needs a power house team. We have another son that still remains on a power house team.

My son is on the shy side and he has made some great friends and feels fairly happy with his team. As parents that have been involved with a bigger club, I can say we are just as happy with this club. Sometimes when a door shuts, a better one opens and in his case, this is exactly what happened.

He will play 4 tournaments this summer, they list their tournaments on the site. He played for their Spring league and if we had known he would going to be with Pride and the ins and outs- we would have registered him for the Fall Ball as well.

The club is less expensive than some of the others. The coaches have been so professional and communicate with the players and the parents. My son loves his coaches- they are young and fun. They work him hard, but he is enjoying playing for them. They are not top name coaches, but they know their stuff and they respect the kids. I do not see any favoritism, but obviously some of the stronger players may get a bit of extra playing time.

They have three 7/8th grade teams. The A team is mostly all 8th graders. The two others are basically split evenly with a mix of 7th ( mostly and a few 8th graders. When they go to tournaments- they play B level and the 8th grade team plays in the A division.

Hope this helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you very much, I appreciate the time you put in your response. You hit on a few items that I'm looking for. My son started late but enjoys the game very much. Is he going to get a scholarship for college based on laccrosse. No he is not. I'm a realistic parent. I'm looking for a B team for him to play on a 7th /8th grade level. Your comments are right on point. You have to consider not only each organizations but also and what I'm learning now that within the organization ( A team /B team) that fits a childs and parents needs. Thank you once again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches are well respected and connected. I think they make their money running their tournament so the team fees are lower than most other clubs. good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a pride team play at Lehigh and was very impressed. They were in the finals, not sure of the grade. I have spoken with one of the directors about a year ago, didnt know me from a hole in the wall and called me back and stayed on with me for close to 30 minutes. If and when my son decides to move teams I will definately give LI Pride a long hard look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an idea on the cost of the 2013 summer program? This thread stsrted with summer 2011 costs. I'm looking for an update. They mention the cost of the tryouts 2013 tryouts on their website, but I dont see the cost of the 2013 summer program?. It would be nice to see the cost of the program before the tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2012 was around a thousand- maybe 975. That was for the summer. The Spring was another 125-150. That included the tournament fees and uniform- gloves, helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the recruiting process for LI Pride? Have any players been recruited by schools, and if so, what schools? There is no recruiting tab showing kids who have been recruited and what schools they attended through Pride?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't figure out where else to comment about this. Seems like the Pride tournament numbers are way down this year. Also noticed that they are not being covered by BOTC this year. Did something happen with this tournament? No one even knew it was taking place from my surrounding clubs. We thought it was cancelled and left this weekend open.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't figure out where else to comment about this. Seems like the Pride tournament numbers are way down this year. Also noticed that they are not being covered by BOTC this year. Did something happen with this tournament? No one even knew it was taking place from my surrounding clubs. We thought it was cancelled and left this weekend open.

The 5/6th grade division has a lot of New Jersey clubs. As a festival, not tournament maybe clubs are more interested in possible t-shirts than just a fun day of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10 fields going from 8-7 isn't too terrible of a turnout. There are 28 teams in the 7/8 grade division which is pretty decent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 5/6th grade division has a lot of New Jersey clubs. As a festival, not tournament maybe clubs are more interested in possible t-shirts than just a fun day of lacrosse.

I completely agree and see this becoming more of a trend in the future that teams will shy away from "tournaments" that aren't tournament style with playoffs and a champion. JDRF gets away with it because of the charity angle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a great day of lacrosse, if your team is just interested in saying they won or lost then go somewhere else, you will cry no matter where your team plays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I completely agree and see this becoming more of a trend in the future that teams will shy away from "tournaments" that aren't tournament style with playoffs and a champion. JDRF gets away with it because of the charity angle.

JDRF raises money to help sick children. They don't get away with any angle you tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went back and looked at the 2012 teams - well populated from Long Island. Have not seen this year's 5th/6th grade roster, but if you are right, many Long Island teams have opted out this year. Very concerned that BOTC was not covering this event particularly given the Long Island drop off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went back and looked at the 2012 teams - well populated from Long Island. Have not seen this year's 5th/6th grade roster, but if you are right, many Long Island teams have opted out this year. Very concerned that BOTC was not covering this event particularly given the Long Island drop off. [/quote]

This year the 5/6 division has 22 teams with 12 from Long Island and 5 from other parts of NY. So that leaves at most 5 Jersey teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Pride Club may not have wanted this tournament advertised here this year? I know not all tournaments are discussed of on this forum. Either way- it was a fun day last year. There were a fair amount if 7/8th gr teams last year and it was run smoothly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Pride Club may not have wanted this tournament advertised here this year? I know not all tournaments are discussed of on this forum. Either way- it was a fun day last year. There were a fair amount if 7/8th gr teams last year and it was run smoothly.
This should be another fun day. Team counts over the last two years (this year, last year) and looks way down this year. Advertise or not, that's a ton of missing revenue. Smaller clubs this year. Hope this year's version will be at much fun as last year - that is all my boys want.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Long Island Pride LaxFest 2013 - Saturday Teams

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Long Island Pride LaxFest 2013 - Sunday Teams

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[Linked Image]

Fun time today at Pridefest. My sons 5th grade team played 6/7th grade team in the 5/6th grade bracket. Team was from New Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You only need 4 similar level teams to put together a bracket that gives teams 3 good games. To have teams play against kids who a year and/or two years older is just not acceptable. They worry about the stupid waver forms, and then have 10 year olds play 12 year olds which is an injury waiting to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You only need 4 similar level teams to put together a bracket that gives teams 3 good games. To have teams play against kids who a year and/or two years older is just not acceptable. They worry about the stupid waver forms, and then have 10 year olds play 12 year olds which is an injury waiting to happen.

I agree. We were rising six graders playing rising 8th graders. When every kid on one team is almost a full head taller than the other team it should be a signal that the matchup is off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids get injured playing kids there own age. My sons small for his age so the other teams always look bigger and older. If u have a second grader playing up on a 3rd grade team playing in a 3/4 grade division you can't complain when u run into a 4 th grade team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[Linked Image]

Fun time today at Pridefest. My sons 5th grade team played 6/7th grade team in the 5/6th grade bracket. Team was from New Jersey.
Bad enough when teams play down but when they play down in a B bracket and barely win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride fest has become a joke and all about the $$$$$$ if it wasn't they would take there time and make age (grade) appropriate brackets . I can not believe people pay $950 for that . But it's a business so if people buy you sell. I saw some of the match ups and it was bad .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids get injured playing kids there own age. My sons small for his age so the other teams always look bigger and older. If u have a second grader playing up on a 3rd grade team playing in a 3/4 grade division you can't complain when u run into a 4 th grade team
Yes you can't complain when playing up or age appropriate. But when you show up at a tournament in a 5/6 grade bracket and play a team whose own parents admit are incoming 8th graders you have a problem. Who do you blame the tournament, the coaches who put a 7th going into 8th grade team in a 5/6 grade bracket, the parents (especially after they knew they were older), who? Unfortunatly it will take a player getting hurt and someone getting sued until it stops. MAYBE

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes you can't complain when playing up or age appropriate. But when you show up at a tournament in a 5/6 grade bracket and play a team whose own parents admit are incoming 8th graders you have a problem. Who do you blame the tournament, the coaches who put a 7th going into 8th grade team in a 5/6 grade bracket, the parents (especially after they knew they were older), who? Unfortunatly it will take a player getting hurt and someone getting sued until it stops. MAYBE
Which team(s) was in the wrong age group and played down? The argument to date has been that this event is a festival and not a tournament, but for $1000.00 per team, you expect a tournament-level performance for tournament-level prices. Proper age-group placement is something that the BOTC advertised tournaments have been working to police this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The blame goes to the directors that register their teams into the wrong divisions!!! The guys that run these tournaments are just looking at a sheet of paper that the team directors filled out, they don't know the age of every team or kid.

IMO having divisions with 2 ages 5/6, 7/8 ect. creates more cheating by these directors.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard