BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 44 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
80k? Yeah right. More like $280k They brought in $500,000 how high do you think his expenses were? Probably made more
Congrats to the faceoff player from 91 Orange as he dominated the 2021 fogos at the FOA Showcase and winning the Championship. Makes me think they are in great shape for the spring & summer.

Thanks dad! Guy made about 80,000 off thus event. Only problem. ...many of the best didn't go because it was a money grab! What actually matters with this position, especially now, is teamwork!

400 plus per participant 200 kids. Yes, expenses, but major payday!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well guess what it's invite only evaluated by the best ! So yes the best were there the best isn't what you think is the best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well guess what it's invite only evaluated by the best ! So yes the best were there the best isn't what you think is the best

Invite if you have the$$ 200 of the best alone speaks to how "selective" it is. Some of last years winners didn't even return because they know it means little.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED, Nuff said

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Do not identify players.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED Nuff said

Maybe DELETED said

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: No player identification
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are bitter. Grow up- he was the best there- period. You can't be a champion if not there and he won. Period. Congrats to all the kids that worked hard and won. You deserve accolades, not trashing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are bitter. Grow up- he was the best there- period. You can't be a champion if not there and he won. Period. Congrats to all the kids that worked hard and won. You deserve accolades, not trashing.

Thank you. Finally, a decent post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trashing the kid, he is very good, as are many others that may not have been able to pay 400 dolLars to show that. I'm just against the money grab aspect of it. But then again, I guess that's what youth lax has become. You get invited, then exorbitant fees are charged so someone can profit off the backs of these kids, some of which may not be able to afford it

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am a dad but not the kids dad but a dad of another competitor. I posted it because it was well deserved and he is the champion of 2021. Lacrosse has been a tight nit community over the years. And should remain that way. after the competition we all respect each other and usually get along. Don't diminish a 12 year olds achievement because you probably never won anything. It is very clear this young man works hard at his craft and also the competition was very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Tycotian
I am a dad but not the kids dad but a dad of another competitor. I posted it because it was well deserved and he is the champion of 2021. Lacrosse has been a tight nit community over the years. And should remain that way. after the competition we all respect each other and usually get along. Don't diminish a 12 year olds achievement because you probably never won anything. It is very clear this young man works hard at his craft and also the competition was very good.

Well said. The true competitors root for the other teams that they have mutual respect for. I'm not sure who the kid is, but one kid from 91 Orange I route for all the time. He is an excellent player, a great kid, and even though he isn't on my son's team, they have become friends through mutual friends. I hope he is the champ. I also pull for teams my son's team has lost to. They are 12 year old kids, and except for the true cheaters, I respect all of the teams out there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are registered for WSYL so far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very Quiet here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big NEWS COMING SOON ...... REAL SOON GONNA SHOCK THE 2021 age group and WSYL

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Ok, come on genius, tell us your pipe dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Merger?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would bet top 2020 team playing younger kids with 2021 AA team but that is just a guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IS THIS TRUE?? JS IS UP TO HIS OLD TRICKS AGAIN ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure that he is up to something. I guess they don't think the current team can be a contender
IS THIS TRUE?? JS IS UP TO HIS OLD TRICKS AGAIN ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would make sense tho by summer many Crush kids will be committed even tho the player is a top player on Crush no one is committing a 2022. 2021 is his age and his uncle is coach. Weird scenario kid Has played up for entire time of crush. I've seen him w Crush and he is incredible would be a game changer with 2021 91. Regardless it's his age and below his grade so nothing to complain about Lacrosse is a team sport so while one player esp him could swing a team doesn't mean they will be best. Igloo has been together as a team for a long time and are a full team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh how you people have not seen anything yet. No one is a game changer from 8/9 grade on. The game slows down and balances out. Even the Crush run and gun MLL style of play will slow down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams going to WSYL Qualifier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you obviously do not pay attention to college lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's coming the news is coming January 19th we will drop it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is "we"? Do you have a turd in your pocket?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well 91 is now in Maryland so they learned the ins and outs of how they do it there!
Crush merged with Blaze for qualifying tournaments and will be playing the younger 8th grade appropriate kids to ensure they come out on top when in Denver.. not a secret .. just hoping on the bandwagon like other programs do. Hows that gonna sit with those 7th blaze graders who will be bumped aside JS style!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is probably doing this to counter what Igloo is doing. Igloo is planning on playing with a kid that is over 100 miles from their field. At least 91 is playing within the rules, Igloo is breaking them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well 91 is now in Maryland so they learned the ins and outs of how they do it there!
Crush merged with Blaze for qualifying tournaments and will be playing the younger 8th grade appropriate kids to ensure they come out on top when in Denver.. not a secret .. just hoping on the bandwagon like other programs do. Hows that gonna sit with those 7th blaze graders who will be bumped aside JS style!

This is not true. 8th graders can not play in the WSYL no matter what their birthdate is. Stop trying to create controversy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really????
The word reclassified is very common.. ask the crabs how the pulled it off..

quote=Anonymous]

This is not true. 8th graders can not play in the WSYL no matter what their birthdate is. Stop trying to create controversy.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will let someone correct me if I am wrong, BUT the WSYL eligibility rules USED to require each U.S. player to have just finished 7th grade. I just checked that that is NO longer a requirement.

In addition, the rule on having to be a "real" member of the team now has the following guidance: "Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two other tournaments or in a seasonal league. These events do not need to precede the qualifier but must precede the Championship event."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will let someone correct me if I am wrong, BUT the WSYL eligibility rules USED to require each U.S. player to have just finished 7th grade. I just checked that that is NO longer a requirement.

In addition, the rule on having to be a "real" member of the team now has the following guidance: "Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two other tournaments or in a seasonal league. These events do not need to precede the qualifier but must precede the Championship event."

Free agents for all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess JS is feeling bad that his whole team didn't see the field last year and now wants to give them an opportunity. Oh that's right now he needs them to win unlike last year, knowing that the 2021 team can not win?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like they took grade-based and threw it out the window. But then again, it is age-based! – and the age vs grade debate continues.

Once again we will have age-based and grade-based team match ups with absolutely no governance. Tourney's everywhere will be tilts. What will the club directors do for tryouts for 2016-17. Will they be age or grade based? Will tourney brackets now be A, AA, WSYL? Will WSYL be the new governance?

My True2021 son has a summer of 2003 birthday, and is one of the top players on his current elite 2021 team. Will he now be an untouchable stud when placed on the age-based WSYL team for 2017 if grade will no longer matter?

ALSO: 4. No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.

Is that the Championship tourney only? We need clarification if the 'tournament' includes the Qualifiers as well.

So, for example, Express/Icon, Outlaws/Sweetlax, 3d/fl$, Crabs/Big4, - any two teams, you name it - can technically transfer players back and forth during the year (really for only two tourneys on 'off' weekends the way Express/Icon did this fall)? Then, the better team gets a safety net plus a major boost in the championship tourney roster by pulling kids over from the other team that did not make it through the qualifier. After all those kids played two tourneys together.

The implications of this may be very destructive. (unless everything goes age, which we know it will not)

Hmmm, I wonder how National Lacrosse Federation is going to play this one! "Hey Laxachusetts, sorry you didn't make it through, but since we're fellow NLF members, do you mind if we borrow a few players to play with 91 (or Express, Big4, Crabs, Leading Edge) to make an uberteam and destroy competition. Your kids will get exposure, it'll keep our brand going and the college coaches in our pockets. We'll take care of you next year if we don't make it, but sshhh, nobody needs to know that. Let's just monopolize the sport, reap the rewards and keep it amongst ourselves. NLF all the way baby! Heeheehee-hahaha." (twist of mustache madness here)

WSYL may lose all credibility...or begin to govern by taking the sport by the horns and level the playing field.

But of course, the organizations that take advantage of these rules and loopholes will bring this sport to it's knees. They're probably the same teams that roster the private school holdbacks, or create a Survivor-like alliance similar to NLF.

IMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons club coach has floated the idea of holding back my son because he hasn't hit his growth spurt yet and is one of the smaller kids on the field. He said the recruiting for a kid his age (7th grade, 12 years) will start soon and he won't get a second look. He said he regrets no holding his son back when he had the chance.

Has anyone else been encouraged to do the same?

Signed, Shocked and incredulous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons club coach has floated the idea of holding back my son because he hasn't hit his growth spurt yet and is one of the smaller kids on the field. He said the recruiting for a kid his age (7th grade, 12 years) will start soon and he won't get a second look. He said he regrets no holding his son back when he had the chance.

Has anyone else been encouraged to do the same?

Signed, Shocked and incredulous

It must have been the same coach/director that mentioned that in passing to me as well (and my son was one of the bigger kids!). 'Just come to a practice of the grade level below, and watch him dominate. There are also other ways to do it to, you know...'

That's one reason we left the organization and my son is much happier.

For someone to say a second chance won't come to a seventh grader is a bit ridiculous. Actually, the second chance will probably not come from the coach/director because he has other agendas on his mind. Stick out the season if you have to, then leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why you will see many crush kids in the mix with Blaze during the course of the next 6-7 months . If you people think it's all about grade only your dead wrong, the times have changed . JS is setting the rules everywhere he goes , tournament directors will bend rules just like dicks did with cutoff date.

Free agents for all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on read the rules must be within 100 miles which is why the sons player can NOT participate w Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how JS got the rules changed and left that one. Complete joke
Come on read the rules must be within 100 miles which is why the sons player can NOT participate w Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a shame because he is no longer with sons and has been with igloo since the tryout regardless of zip code. Complain all you want but his parents are willing to make that drive in order for their son to play on a great team. He is not a ringer brought in just for the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why you will see many crush kids in the mix with Blaze during the course of the next 6-7 months . If you people think it's all about grade only your dead wrong, the times have changed . JS is setting the rules everywhere he goes , tournament directors will bend rules just like dicks did with cutoff date.

Free agents for all

Re we talking about the Blaze from Oceanside or Rochester? If Rochester then the 100 mile rule applies.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not the Blaze from Oceanside.

Page 28 of 44 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard