BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday website has a listing of 2016 Divison one commitments by sport:
see link: http://sports.newsday.com/long-island/data/high-school/college-commitments-2016/

#1 girls lacrosse = 54
#2 boys lacrosse = 36

* zero for football

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is sayville football coach getting fired. Looks like the quarterback didn't get Hansen award.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Haven't been on this board in weeks and holy sh*t, we are still talking about Sayville?? Geez.

We were looking forward to our son playing for coach Doller, now because of some hurt feelings or bruised egos that will not happen. BOE should not allow ego or emotion to enter decision making process. Can anyone really declare the best guy for the job will be coaching our team this year? Glad someone stepped in but the JV coach is absolutely not an upgrade to coach Doller. So then why make the change? I will ask at the next BOE meeting and its not a "personnel" query.

It's Division III lacrosse. They have an incredibly weak schedule of opponents. If they have 3 kids on the team that played travel for a few years they'll make the county championship. And that's if my grandmother is coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't been on this board in weeks and holy sh*t, we are still talking about Sayville?? Geez.

We were looking forward to our son playing for coach Doller, now because of some hurt feelings or bruised egos that will not happen. BOE should not allow ego or emotion to enter decision making process. Can anyone really declare the best guy for the job will be coaching our team this year? Glad someone stepped in but the JV coach is absolutely not an upgrade to coach Doller. So then why make the change? I will ask at the next BOE meeting and its not a "personnel" query.

Good lord, let it go. No one has said anything in his defense at a board meeting yet. You're definitely not going to start now, after all is said and done. The board had numerous reasons for their decision. The program will be just fine. It's about the kids, not the coach (at least it has been in Sayville, historically).

The BOE had numerous reasons to replace the long time successful coach with a JV flunky? Are you serious? Where outside of inbred Sayville BOE is that an acceptable rationale decision?

If its about the kids more than the coach (its a combo obviously) than we should in the Suffolk County championship this season, but my bet is we don't make it that far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Division III lacrosse. They have an incredibly weak schedule of opponents. If they have 3 kids on the team that played travel for a few years they'll make the county championship. And that's if my grandmother is coaching.

Lots of wrong statements in this post. Sayville is Class B in lax not Div III. And way off on the schedule as well. SWR, Comsewogue, Miller Place, ESM, and on and on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good lord, let it go. No one has said anything in his defense at a board meeting yet. You're definitely not going to start now, after all is said and done. The board had numerous reasons for their decision. The program will be just fine. It's about the kids, not the coach (at least it has been in Sayville, historically).

The BOE had numerous reasons to replace the long time successful coach with a JV flunky? Are you serious? Where outside of inbred Sayville BOE is that an acceptable rationale decision?

Yes, they had multiple reasons. I think that has been clearly established. You keep saying the same thing over and over but you are not equipped with the actual facts. You just keep repeating what has been told to you by lackies. It had virtually nothing to do with the events last spring about the asst coach and the fact that you base your argument on that shows how truly uninformed and disconnected you are. As the old saying goes, the loudest voice is often not the correct one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
see link: http://sports.newsday.com/long-island/data/high-school/college-commitments-2016/

#1 girls lacrosse = 54
#2 boys lacrosse = 36

* zero for football

not so sure this is accurate. Chaminade cant just have 2 and Syosset 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In looking at the new 2016 schedules does the league or coaches ever look at who played at which HS the prior year. I know there have been realignment but it doesnt take to much to make sure you dont get a few years of home games against certain opponents.

I see many school having another home game verses a team they did last year. How can that be. In HS home field is a great advantage no bus ride among the biggest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#1 girls lacrosse = 54
#2 boys lacrosse = 36

* zero for football

Not a full list, that is why that have a link at the top to add more commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#1 girls lacrosse = 54
#2 boys lacrosse = 36

* zero for football

This Newsday list is self reported. It's not official.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they had multiple reasons. I think that has been clearly established. You keep saying the same thing over and over but you are not equipped with the actual facts. You just keep repeating what has been told to you by lackies. It had virtually nothing to do with the events last spring about the asst coach and the fact that you base your argument on that shows how truly uninformed and disconnected you are. As the old saying goes, the loudest voice is often not the correct one.

What were the reasons? Educate me, please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#1 girls lacrosse = 54
#2 boys lacrosse = 36

* zero for football

I looked litle deeper and there is area for self reporting, so I guess take this data with a grain of salt, as I'm sure there are many missing kids and schools from this list.
the list includes D1 and D2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What were the reasons? Educate me, please.

There were a litany of reasons posted earlier on in this thread. Look it up. Then let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the old saying goes, the loudest voice is often not the correct one.

You have been the loudest detractor the whole time. We have been consistent.
99.9 % of the sayville and LI lax community are great supporters of Coach D. The entire LI lax community is baffled by the BOE in sayville. While no longer involved as a parent, I am and will always be a supporter of Coach D. When you see a coach for over 15 years giving the time he did for hundreds of kids, always on the fields for all the kids from 5 year olds to former now college players, dropping apparel off at homes the day before xmas so kids are happy the next day, he made time for everyone and was the most approachable guy for any reason, your extremely upset with a district. You can hide behind "they had many reasons" I have people on the inside, I know what went on. The BOE should have been bigger about it and worked it out. The lowest levels in our company work out differences and problems. The district is now an embarrassment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

99.9 % of the sayville and LI lax community are great supporters of Coach D. The entire LI lax community is baffled by the BOE in sayville. While no longer involved as a parent, I am and will always be a supporter of Coach D. When you see a coach for over 15 years giving the time he did for hundreds of kids, always on the fields for all the kids from 5 year olds to former now college players, dropping apparel off at homes the day before xmas so kids are happy the next day, he made time for everyone and was the most approachable guy for any reason, your extremely upset with a district. You can hide behind "they had many reasons" I have people on the inside, I know what went on. The BOE should have been bigger about it and worked it out. The lowest levels in our company work out differences and problems. The district is now an embarrassment

Did you or your husband go to any BOE meetings? No. Conversation over. And, for the record, you have no one inside. That much is obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen. Unfortunately the kids will suffer and the weasels who supported this will remain in hiding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh get over it already!!!! Dollar bill is gone and there is nothing you can do about it. Move on. Sayville has great athletes which has been proven for years with Dollar bills sub par coaching. The program will continue to do well and will prob do better now that there is a coach who knows the game. STOP YOUR WHINING!!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Oh get over it already!!!! Dollar bill is gone and there is nothing you can do about it. Move on. Sayville has great athletes which has been proven for years with Dollar bills sub par coaching. The program will continue to do well and will prob do better now that there is a coach who knows the game. STOP YOUR WHINING!!!!

I have to wonder what makes you so bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow this guy is scorned! Look we went through the same deal over here at SWR. There is no merit to calling the past Sayvile coach "sub par". Sayville has been our biggest rival the past 10 years. Sayville has good athletes but it's what the coach does with those athletes and what schemes the coach runs. Sayville has always been well coached and they always do very well come playoffs. We have always had nothing but respect for the Sayville coach. Sounds like this guy got what he wanted and it sounds like a new coach is in place. Let's just hope they are more successful than our first replacement. Big mistake by sayville boe. I have a feeling Sayville will take some lumps this year.Even if you think you brought in the best coach in the world, the adjustment is difficult

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to see this guy say this to Coach Doller. Wold NOT be pretty. Ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see. He is absolutely in love with sayville and feels his son is a great athlete. Sounds like the entire town. The district screwed up. They had a nice lacrosse program "Had"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sir, Coach Doller had a big impact on our team last year. We beat Harborfields and SWR because of the coaching moves made by Doller. We were the same team but we had a different plan, and we won. I played for Coach and am now a Freshman playing at the next level. You are really wrong about Coach and I wish people like you knew what he did for us. Why are you so mad and happy that he is gone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sir, Coach Doller had a big impact on our team last year. We beat Harborfields and SWR because of the coaching moves made by Doller. We were the same team but we had a different plan, and we won. I played for Coach and am now a Freshman playing at the next level. You are really wrong about Coach and I wish people like you knew what he did for us. Why are you so mad and happy that he is gone?

From the mouths of babes. The venom being spewed is a very sad commentary on a community that loves sports but can be manipulated by a very small minority. Thanks for your dedication Mr. Dollar, you will be missed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now to a topic that actually matters... do you think Ward Melville can avoid the slip-ups it had last year and contend this season? Or will Smithtown East get in their way?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now to a topic that actually matters... do you think Ward Melville can avoid the slip-ups it had last year and contend this season? Or will Smithtown East get in their way?

What slip ups? get in their way? what are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What slip ups? get in their way? what are you talking about?

Will be some great lax between these two big powerhouses. Looking forward to it!! Will be the best of the best of what LI has to offer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

I have to wonder what makes you so bitter.

I'm in a neighboring town and still wondering why the guy was let go. Can anyone sum it up quickly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

Pretty much everyone who follows HS lax. What are you doing on HS lax forum if you don't care??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

These are legit lax programs that are being asked about. Most would consider them top 5 on the island, top 20 in the nation. The Sayville thing is done. It's over. There are relevant towns to discuss now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slip ups? WM played & lost to 2 very good teams during the season, Connt. & Nport. I wouldnt call them slip ups, both Connt. & Nport had better days, thats all. All 3 were pretty equal teams IMHO. Wm played really well through the playoffs & got to Cty final....& a great final it was! gthe 2 best teams in suffolk going toe to toe, cant ask for more than that. WM
graduates 2 all americans, will need to play a differnt style but will be a contender. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

These are legit lax programs that are being asked about. Most would consider them top 5 on the island, top 20 in the nation. The Sayville thing is done. It's over. There are relevant towns to discuss now.

You're crazy if you think WM is top 20 in the country! Not this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As usual, this is a 3 maybe 4 team league. This could be another weak field like 2013 with only 1 or 2 strong teams. Smithtown East is the clear favorite but someone could surprise them. Not sure who will step up. Northport? Do they have another fogo? Melville? I think they lost a lot more than the 2 mentioned. SW? I don't think so. WI? Is this the year they make it back to the county finals? Sachem North? do they have the depth?

Odds are Smithtown East makes it 3 in a row. With the exception of West Islip do any of the other teams have good coaching? Without a bunch of studs I think Craig and the WI staff are the only ones who might have a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI NO WAY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#1 girls lacrosse = 54
#2 boys lacrosse = 36

* zero for football

Its not accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As usual, this is a 3 maybe 4 team league. This could be another weak field like 2013 with only 1 or 2 strong teams. Smithtown East is the clear favorite but someone could surprise them. Not sure who will step up. Northport? Do they have another fogo? Melville? I think they lost a lot more than the 2 mentioned. SW? I don't think so. WI? Is this the year they make it back to the county finals? Sachem North? do they have the depth?

Odds are Smithtown East makes it 3 in a row. With the exception of West Islip do any of the other teams have good coaching? Without a bunch of studs I think Craig and the WI staff are the only ones who might have a chance.

Amazed by the lack of respect for Connetquot, even after last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazed by the lack of respect for Connetquot, even after last year.

I was a big supporters of theirs last year and I think they will be a good team but not have the run they did last year. Gone are the warm up games of Patmed, Floyd, Brentwood and LWood. Did you see their schedule. I think the other schools have better kids coming up the pipe top help their studs.

It was a great season last year no need to put the pressure on them to surpass it, I don't think they can. Id be happy with 6 maybe 7 wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the schedules - I think Hills West and Smith West have the easiest go of it. Will Hills east and west play each other this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#1 girls lacrosse = 54
#2 boys lacrosse = 36

* zero for football

(And those two from Chaminade are baseball recruits.)

Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard