BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 31 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another new topic. Who has ever heard this quote on a sideline between parents. " Man this is a great group of players if we can keep them playing together they will never get beat" I think this statement causes most of the issues us parents have with this whole travel elite lacrosse thing. If this is said on the sideline of a B Level team the Parents of kids who are A or AA level feel bad and stuck to stay playing with this team or they will upset most likely local fellow parents. If this is said on a AA team sideline it implies please do not bring any other really good kids to play on this team or we will be upset with you for breaking up this great group. Well I just wanted to hear others thoughts about this Quote I am sure everyone has heard many times

Did you ever learn about punctuation in school?

No as you can see. What does this have to do with the question. When you are this upset about my punctuation it shows why other people hate Lacrosse people. I am someone who started with a tool in my hands and dirt on my shoes. I worked my way up to making enough money so my son can compete and play lacrosse with all of your Ivy league kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the Crabs "rig the tournaments" in their favor? Please explain.

My son has played in many of their tournaments, but the draw is no more advantageous than any other club does for their own tournaments

True, a lot of clubs do tis in their own tournament but not to the extent that Crabs does. Just look at the Aloha Autumn Tournament last month, especially the 2020 division and look who Crabs had to play to get to the semi finals. It was very obvious to everyone as soon at they saw the schedule. This is the division crab daddy has his team (even though it is really close to a 2019 team) and he does this all the time. Nothing new but not to the extent that Ryan M takes it.

Just looked at the schedule you noted. Aloha does the same thing for the Breakers. Madlax does the same thing for their teams in their tournaments.

Plenty of things to bash the Crabs about, but this isn't one of them.

Sure it is, but not bashing, just stating what is obvious. Crabs 2020 won 9-0, 15-0 and 14-0 against Md Roughriders, AR Pittsburg and Harvest Lax. This is what Ryan M does all the time, he wants very little competition in his tournaments a clear shot to the finals.

did they set Looney's up as well? They didn't have a close game until the final.

I don't think so, Looney's had easy games against two teams, MDX and LA Heat. LA Heat is not, at least at this point, an AA team and were outclassed in all games but they tried. The third team, Madlax Capital was suppose to be a fairly strong team but if it was that team didn't show up that day. If you notice, Crabs and Ryan M clearly avoided Edge and the only time they would have seen Edge is if Edge was successful in the semis, which they weren't. I know all teams try to make a fairly easy path in their own tournaments, but not at the level that Ryan M and his 2020 team does.

Looneys had easy games as well - all of the divisions were unbalanced unfortunately. One division should have been Crabs, Looneys, Legacy, and Leading Edge or Edge. As it was, Red was a cake walk for Looneys, Blue was no challenge for Crabs, Yellow was a joke for Edge - at least in Green Leading Edge and Legacy were very comparable in talent. LA Heat should have saved their airfare for sure - it was clear that there were two classes of teams there that day, probably should have been an AA and an A grouping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another new topic. Who has ever heard this quote on a sideline between parents. " Man this is a great group of players if we can keep them playing together they will never get beat" I think this statement causes most of the issues us parents have with this whole travel elite lacrosse thing. If this is said on the sideline of a B Level team the Parents of kids who are A or AA level feel bad and stuck to stay playing with this team or they will upset most likely local fellow parents. If this is said on a AA team sideline it implies please do not bring any other really good kids to play on this team or we will be upset with you for breaking up this great group. Well I just wanted to hear others thoughts about this Quote I am sure everyone has heard many times

No as you can see. What does this have to do with the question. When you are this upset about my punctuation it shows why other people hate Lacrosse people. I am someone who started with a tool in my hands and dirt on my shoes. I worked my way up to making enough money so my son can compete and play lacrosse with all of your Ivy league kids.

Join the club with your blue collar roots, however, you should learn to write.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is Aloha Tournaments, which as stated owns Breakers and Team 91 raided the players. At times Aloha and Crabs jointly sponsor a tournament and this is when Team 91 is not invited, like the Aloha Autumn Tournament last month in Md. And no, I am far from a Crabs fan, just stating what is going on. I don't think crab daddy would block Team 91, it is extra money for him.

Just checked the website and the 91 team you mention is a NY 91 team -not Team 91 MD which is who we heard he has blocked from Crabfeast despite the fact that the team attended last years Young Guns as Breakers . Sounds like he is preventing the other AA teams, including ours, from having an opportunity to play another top level team due to a personal issue. [/quote]

You mentioned Team 91 Md that you believe Crab/Ryan M is blocking from Crabfeast 2016 and your team is also being blocked. What is the name of your team that Ryan M is blocking? Is it another Md AA team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was what I wrote able to be read and understood. If not please tell me what part you did not get. I am way to old to go back to school. I want to BS about lacrosse because I like the sport and care about what to do best for my son and his Lacrosse path. So you cutting your moms grass is not blue collar roots. Get over yourself and your high dollar education. Once again you are why working people hate the top 1%.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading your posts is very difficult due to the lack of punctuation, poor grammar, awful diction, etc. It has nothing to do with a high brow education. It's about being able to converse in a manner that people can understand.

Seriously - there are 5th graders who can compose a sentence better than you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I usually hate the grammar police but please get help. That was awful. Read a book but please do not read the Baltimore Sun as that will make you regress.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy's lack of education and simplistic view of life is probably the best explanation for his love of Madlax and addiction to defending them every day on the Internet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was what I wrote able to be read and understood. If not please tell me what part you did not get. I am way to old to go back to school. I want to BS about lacrosse because I like the sport and care about what to do best for my son and his Lacrosse path. So you cutting your moms grass is not blue collar roots. Get over yourself and your high dollar education. Once again you are why working people hate the top 1%.

it is good grammar for your Dundalk / Essex upbringing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares people.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it is good grammar for your Dundalk / Essex upbringing.

you guys are douches

to answer the question: i don't think parents desire to keep a good group of kids together is the the root of all evil. my experience is that it becomes really difficult over time to keep the same kids together. some kids get better, others plateau. Some parents care more about winning than others. Some coaches will seek out the best players and bounce a kid that's been on the team. Others have more loyalty and the parents the care deeply about winning then encourage the kid to go elsewhere. end of the day hopefully the kids are having fun and growing as athletes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to answer the question: i don't think parents desire to keep a good group of kids together is the the root of all evil. my experience is that it becomes really difficult over time to keep the same kids together. some kids get better, others plateau. Some parents care more about winning than others. Some coaches will seek out the best players and bounce a kid that's been on the team. Others have more loyalty and the parents the care deeply about winning then encourage the kid to go elsewhere. end of the day hopefully the kids are having fun and growing as athletes [/quote]
I agree the desire to keep a team together is 99% of the time coming from a good place. I just wanted to highlight the issues that come from this for all the different parents. I think us parents like most people do a bad job of putting yourself in others shoes. I try to be happy for other kids success and I try to push other parents to do whats best for their son even if its going to hurt my son or his team. Ok let me go back and check my grammar and spelling so I do not offend anyone with my lack of education.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to answer the question: i don't think parents desire to keep a good group of kids together is the the root of all evil. my experience is that it becomes really difficult over time to keep the same kids together. some kids get better, others plateau. Some parents care more about winning than others. Some coaches will seek out the best players and bounce a kid that's been on the team. Others have more loyalty and the parents the care deeply about winning then encourage the kid to go elsewhere. end of the day hopefully the kids are having fun and growing as athletes

I agree the desire to keep a team together is 99% of the time coming from a good place. I just wanted to highlight the issues that come from this for all the different parents. I think us parents like most people do a bad job of putting yourself in others shoes. I try to be happy for other kids success and I try to push other parents to do whats best for their son even if its going to hurt my son or his team. Ok let me go back and check my grammar and spelling so I do not offend anyone with my lack of education. [/quote]

Don't let the grammar police get under your skin. First, it's an online forum. Second, by my read, four out of five of your grammar critics used the wrong grammar or punctuation.

To your question, I'm a travel coach of a team with AA, A and B players. As long as the kids are having fun, improving during practice, being challenged in games and becoming close friends - which they are - I think the virtues of keeping the team together outweigh the benefits of jumping to a AA team. [I would ask the grammar police to please note that I intentionally did not use the serial comma and prefer spaces before and after my dashes when used for a parenthetical phrase (despite the fact the rule is no spaces) and that "an" would be incorrect before "AA". Please also note how I flaunt American convention on putting the period within the quotation marks when I am referring to a specific word in this manner.]

My son is a AA player. It would be fun for him to play in an offense of a AA team, but we are not going to stress about making that happen. If your son's goal is to get a DI scholarship, I would think moving to a AA team would make sense, as would being held back a year.

I assume any early-maturing 6'2" stud with 4.5 speed is going to be fine either way.

It's sad that so many top programs fill their recruiting classes before the players have even played their sophomore season of lacrosse. Most don't even include juniors in their prospect days. If you are really good player but a late maturer and don't play the reclass, recruiting club and showcase game, you are on the outside looking in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have a lot of issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree the desire to keep a team together is 99% of the time coming from a good place. I just wanted to highlight the issues that come from this for all the different parents. I think us parents like most people do a bad job of putting yourself in others shoes. I try to be happy for other kids success and I try to push other parents to do whats best for their son even if its going to hurt my son or his team. Ok let me go back and check my grammar and spelling so I do not offend anyone with my lack of education.

Don't let the grammar police get under your skin. First, it's an online forum. Second, by my read, four out of five of your grammar critics used the wrong grammar or punctuation.

To your question, I'm a travel coach of a team with AA, A and B players. As long as the kids are having fun, improving during practice, being challenged in games and becoming close friends - which they are - I think the virtues of keeping the team together outweigh the benefits of jumping to a AA team. [I would ask the grammar police to please note that I intentionally did not use the serial comma and prefer spaces before and after my dashes when used for a parenthetical phrase (despite the fact the rule is no spaces) and that "an" would be incorrect before "AA". Please also note how I flaunt American convention on putting the period within the quotation marks when I am referring to a specific word in this manner.]

My son is a AA player. It would be fun for him to play in an offense of a AA team, but we are not going to stress about making that happen. If your son's goal is to get a DI scholarship, I would think moving to a AA team would make sense, as would being held back a year.

I assume any early-maturing 6'2" stud with 4.5 speed is going to be fine either way.

It's sad that so many top programs fill their recruiting classes before the players have even played their sophomore season of lacrosse. Most don't even include juniors in their prospect days. If you are really good player but a late maturer and don't play the reclass, recruiting club and showcase game, you are on the outside looking in. [/quote]
Thanks for fighting the grammar police with me I enjoyed that. I agree with lots of what you said. But I feel like the money and time commitment is close to the same for a B team as it is a AA team. So my thought would be it is better for all players if the AA players played for AA teams. Because your AA son is having fun he in theory is taking time from a B or A player on the field playing the correct skill level. In a NVYLL style system no one would want a top A player playing on a C team. This is REC kinda of but still has try outs for a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is pummeling him for omitting a comma. His rambling posts are extremely difficult to read because they lack punctuation and all grammar rules are tossed aside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is pummeling him for omitting a comma. His rambling posts are extremely difficult to read because they lack punctuation and all grammar rules are tossed aside.

I am sorry my lack of education and writing skills upset you. I would like you to grade and fix my post so I can learn from my mistakes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love for you to stop posting the same slobbering posts about Madlax that you do 3-4x a day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love for you to stop posting the same slobbering posts about Madlax that you do 3-4x a day.

Done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse endorsed recent actions by the men’s and women’s coaches associations and urged the NCAA to adopt legislative proposals that restrict the recruiting calendar, including all communication between a coach and prospect, to after Sept.1of a prospect’s junior year of high school. The Intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse Coaches Association voted Friday to support proposals forwarded to the NCAA three months earlier by the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association that ban college coaches from any contact with prospects before that time. The IWLCA proposals are being considered by the NCAA’s student-athlete experience committee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse endorsed recent actions by the men’s and women’s coaches associations and urged the NCAA to adopt legislative proposals that restrict the recruiting calendar, including all communication between a coach and prospect, to after Sept.1of a prospect’s junior year of high school. The Intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse Coaches Association voted Friday to support proposals forwarded to the NCAA three months earlier by the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association that ban college coaches from any contact with prospects before that time. The IWLCA proposals are being considered by the NCAA’s student-athlete experience committee.

A similar proposal was presented to the NCAA a few years ago and the NCAA took no action. I am hopeful that this time they step up and make this proposal the official guideline for recruiting. With both the college men's and women's coaches and US Lacrosse endorsing this proposal hopefully the NCAA will realize the importance of eliminating early recruiting and if they do adopt this that the NCAA put some "teeth" for violations of early recruiting. Without any strong penalties for violations, early recruiting will continue. Many 13 and 14 year olds are looking at where they want to go to high school let alone putting pressure on them to decide where they want to go to college. From what I have been told early recruiting is running rampant in football and basketball so this is why I am skeptical that they will endorse this proposal for lacrosse but I am hoping it will be adopted. At this point I sometimes feel the NCAA doesn't really care about this but if the "powers to be" in lacrosse make them care it will be adopted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A similar proposal was presented to the NCAA a few years ago and the NCAA took no action. I am hopeful that this time they step up and make this proposal the official guideline for recruiting. With both the college men's and women's coaches and US Lacrosse endorsing this proposal hopefully the NCAA will realize the importance of eliminating early recruiting and if they do adopt this that the NCAA put some "teeth" for violations of early recruiting. Without any strong penalties for violations, early recruiting will continue. Many 13 and 14 year olds are looking at where they want to go to high school let alone putting pressure on them to decide where they want to go to college. From what I have been told early recruiting is running rampant in football and basketball so this is why I am skeptical that they will endorse this proposal for lacrosse but I am hoping it will be adopted. At this point I sometimes feel the NCAA doesn't really care about this but if the "powers to be" in lacrosse make them care it will be adopted.

I do not think early recruiting will ever be a issue with Football and Basketball. If you look at the who signed/ verbal ed lists for those two sports I see no Sophomore football players and very few Basketball players. Lacrosse is the leaders in this problem Maryland just hit 13 for 2019 I would call that classed closed for them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's early in the Box season, but the best team in the Goals Baltimore league are looking to be:

5th/6th - Rough Riders 2022
7th/8th - Team 91 or Hawks 2020 - This league is really tough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a tool. Did you forget about Fca and Looneys. 4 teams then there's the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You are a tool. Did you forget about Fca and Looneys. 4 teams then there's the rest.

Box is a joke and by no means an indicator of success at the field game. The majority of these teams athletes are involved in other sports during winter, as they should be. The best 2020 team isn't even playing. While it can sharpen those with marginal skills in certain ways, its not a recipe or substitute for the real thing. Who cares who wins the goals box league? The same people who care about the NFL exhibition season. The parallels between the 2 are striking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You are a tool. Did you forget about Fca and Looneys. 4 teams then there's the rest.

Box is a joke and by no means an indicator of success at the field game. The majority of these teams athletes are involved in other sports during winter, as they should be. The best 2020 team isn't even playing. While it can sharpen those with marginal skills in certain ways, its not a recipe or substitute for the real thing. Who cares who wins the goals box league? The same people who care about the NFL exhibition season. The parallels between the 2 are striking.

I agree that box is for fun and most of these players are involved in other winter sports. Who are you referring to as the best team is not even playing in this box league? If you are referring to Crabs you do not know what you are talking about. Crabs 2020 is at least a 2019 team and at times close to a 2018 team with so many holdbacks. That is the Ryan M way of doing things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be a Team 91 parent. Or should we call them Team 15, which is more fitting since the majority of the them should be in 9th grade. Parents have no class and no surprise either do their kids. Just listen to them mouth off at the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be a Team 91 parent. Or should we call them Team 15, which is more fitting since the majority of the them should be in 9th grade. Parents have no class and no surprise either do their kids. Just listen to them mouth off at the games.

Completely wrong, not a 91 parent. Just want to know who the one poster feels the best 2020 team is that is not playing. The only two I can think of who feel their team is the best is Crabs or Madlax. So since I said something about Crabs you must be a Crabs parent, given you shot back that I must be a 91 parent. Crab parents are just, if not more, obnoxious. Crabs won't play in this league, it would expose to everyone how old their 2020 players are and as you know they just keep saying we have no holdbacks when in fact their 2020 team is loaded with them, some will be close to 16 by the spring. So who is it that is not playing, crab daddy's 2020's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2020 has 4-5 holdbacks. Nobody is close to be a 2018 kid. Keep hating just because they are better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2020 has 4-5 holdbacks. Nobody is close to be a 2018 kid. Keep hating just because they are better.

Not hating anyone or anything, just stating what seems to be known, yet Crabs will never release the birth dates of its players on 2020. There are more than 4-5 holdbacks on 2020 and 1 or 2 will be close to 16 by next spring/summer. No one in lacrosse feels or thinks they are better. With Crabs having many holdbacks on their 2020 team and play mostly age appropriate 2020 teams and beat them, that doesn't mean crap, its older players beating younger players. It is Ryan M way of doing things so he can look like a great lax coach, which he isn't. Look at what happened to Crabs 2020 this past summer in Vail, when they had to play age appropriate kids and couldn't bring their holdbacks, they got beaten badly. That shows how weak Crabs 2020 is without their holdbacks. So just keep thinking they are better if that makes you happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Box is a joke? Canada has won the last 3 international championships. And Canadian high school Hill School recently defeated the u19 Mens National team.

The league is fun for the boys and helps develop skills which absolutely benefit them outside

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not hating anyone or anything, just stating what seems to be known, yet Crabs will never release the birth dates of its players on 2020. There are more than 4-5 holdbacks on 2020 and 1 or 2 will be close to 16 by next spring/summer. No one in lacrosse feels or thinks they are better. With Crabs having many holdbacks on their 2020 team and play mostly age appropriate 2020 teams and beat them, that doesn't mean crap, its older players beating younger players. It is Ryan M way of doing things so he can look like a great lax coach, which he isn't. Look at what happened to Crabs 2020 this past summer in Vail, when they had to play age appropriate kids and couldn't bring their holdbacks, they got beaten badly. That shows how weak Crabs 2020 is without their holdbacks. So just keep thinking they are better if that makes you happy.

1. Why the hate for Crabs? Teams like Madlax and Duke's have many more holdbacks

2. Like it or not, the world is grade based, so the birthdays don't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Why the hate for Crabs? Teams like Madlax and Duke's have many more holdbacks

2. Like it or not, the world is grade based, so the birthdays don't matter.

Again, no hate for Crabs, just stating that they have the most holdbacks, no other team comes close. Realize the present rules are grade based, and no other team abuses this than Ryan M and Crabs, especially 2020. He is the leader in holdbacks, like it or not and you can either deny it or admit it and live with it. Birthdays would simply show how many holdbacks Crabs 2020 really has. When other teams loose to Crabs they do not consider it a loss, it is simply older kids playing against younger kids. If Crabs had no holdbacks they would not be a strong team. Don't hate them, I don't hate kids, just find it disgusting how Ryan M abuses the system like no other team does. Then he brags how great his team is and how he is a great coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In indoor lacross action...

Hawks 2020 Green 10, Looneys Orange 8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any college coaches there? Who cares meat. It's indoor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. They have 4-5 that repeated a grade and a bunch more who did pre 1st making the majority of the team older that their peers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Looney's dad, no FloGo tonight I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the math -at least two, if not three, Crabs did a pre 1st and then held back in middle school which age wise puts them in 2018 if they were to follow public school guidelines. Add them to all the others who would not meet age guidelines and the team is by far the oldest in the 2020 age group except maybe Edge who openly recruits a full year older for each age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In indoor lacross action...

Hawks 2020 Green 10, Looneys Orange 8.

Gee, thanks for the update Hawks dad.
Its indoor box for fun, you are acting like this is something others except
for you care about. You need something
more to do with your time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Looney's dad, no FloGo tonight I guess.

Hey Hawks dad, it's FOGO not Flogo. Do you
know what it stands for?

Page 12 of 31 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard