BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Girls 2025-3rd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
{quote}I think the bigger question is who are they going to play? other than fledgling PAL teams which travel clubs LI , Md. NJ have a 2025 team? i dont think any. {/quote]

Yeah, thats why I was asking. I don't know of nor can I find any in NY. I suspect the team will be playing in the 4th grade B bracket. So far I haven't really seen many 4th grade brackets outside of Long Island either. I was just curious if anyone knew of another 2025 girls team that I may have missed. They're a dime a dozen in boys but not for girls.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
{quote}I think the bigger question is who are they going to play? other than fledgling PAL teams which travel clubs LI , Md. NJ have a 2025 team? i dont think any. {/quote]

Yeah, thats why I was asking. I don't know of nor can I find any in NY. I suspect the team will be playing in the 4th grade B bracket. So far I haven't really seen many 4th grade brackets outside of Long Island either. I was just curious if anyone knew of another 2025 girls team that I may have missed. They're a dime a dozen in boys but not for girls.

Another Money Grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or 91 doesn't have that age

They don't. They have a 3/4 combo team which is a B team. YJ put together a 2025 A team, a 2024 A team and made a combo 2024/25 B team.

Who else has a 2025 team?

This is the first year YJ has a 3rd grade team. I'm sure 91 would have been happy to create one too. The 91 girls program is looked at as sub-par. This has just been confirmed. Would never have my daughter there after seeing this!

Ummm... So you read something by an anonymous person and make a decision about where your daughter plays? Go away troll, I'm sure they are glad you aren't on their sidelines. And good job breaking down 3rd grade girls into A & B teams. Lol. Keep living vicariously through your kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't. They have a 3/4 combo team which is a B team. YJ put together a 2025 A team, a 2024 A team and made a combo 2024/25 B team.

This is the first year YJ has a 3rd grade team. I'm sure 91 would have been happy to create one too. The 91 girls program is looked at as sub-par. This has just been confirmed. Would never have my daughter there after seeing this!

Ummm... So you read something by an anonymous person and make a decision about where your daughter plays? Go away troll, I'm sure they are glad you aren't on their sidelines. And good job breaking down 3rd grade girls into A & B teams. Lol. Keep living vicariously through your kids!

The cesspool of youth club lacrosse now starting at younger ages. When we parents going to wake up? Get your kid a tutor and have them study instead of throwing a ball against a wall. If you are breading a college communications major and a summer lacrosse coach you are on the right path!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The cesspool of youth club lacrosse now starting at younger ages. When we parents going to wake up? Get your kid a tutor and have them study instead of throwing a ball against a wall. If you are breading a college communications major and a summer lacrosse coach you are on the right path!

Funny, it was actually the most prominent 91 coach breaking the 3rd grade girls into a&b by snubbing his nose at his own organization. He knows 91 girls is a B program and won't have that for his daughter!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are breading a college communications major and a summer lacrosse coach you are on the right path!

I like my lax player breaded first, then fried up like a chicken. But which first, the breadcrumbs and then the egg or egg then breadcrumbs? I've heard almond meal or matzoh meal make nice alternatives to breading. Decisions, decisions.

A communications major might be useful here in the cesspool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL6, Blue Devils, E3, Empire, Next Level and YJ have 2025 teams. Not sure who else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate has a 24/25 combo team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be a 4th grade team - unless they plan to cheat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL6, Blue Devils, E3, Empire, Next Level and YJ have 2025 teams. Not sure who else.

Thank you both for the info. It is like a breath of fresh air in all the troll dung.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, it was actually the most prominent 91 coach breaking the 3rd grade girls into a&b by snubbing his nose at his own organization. He knows 91 girls is a B program and won't have that for his daughter!

Wonder who will be pirched in attack for the entire game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be a 4th grade team - unless they plan to cheat.

Not cheating. They've had a combo team every year for their youngest team and they play in the older age brackets. Stop trying to cause drama it's pathetic.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
be patient...YJ will soon offer a Pre-K division...

Heard about a lax organization
Lax before you crawl league out east
They bring newborns and mom right to training from the delivery room

All kidding aside its different strokes for different folks
If your kid wants to play - let her play pal ball or travel if you are so inclined
But keep it in perspective
They are still babies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18

If your kid wants to play - let her play pal ball or travel if you are so inclined
They are still babies

I completely agree. The key is fun. If they're having fun, any you can reasonably afford it, do it. Keep it in perspective. I think the stats are something like 1% of youth players play in college, or maybe thats just D1. Regardless if you're looking for a path for college tuition your money would be better invested in a 529c than a travel lax program. If your kid likes competing at a higher level and loves lacrosse then travel is a great way to make that happen.

For our part, my older daughter - older being 3rd grade lol, she enjoys travel lax. She likes the competitiveness and that all the kids try hard which she doesn't get in PAL. Will she even be playing lacrosse in 5 years? Who knows, she's 8. My younger one it remains to be seen whether she'll want to do it. She likes lax but she's not _that_ into it so I would be hesitant to put her into a travel program. The older one begged for it, the little one could give a crap.

Each kid is different, just make sure you and your kid are doing it for the right reasons. Hope that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry..there is not a 3rd grade girl (or boy) who decides they want to do travel lax on their own--especially if they don't have an older sibling to follow after!...while I don't doubt that your 3rd grade daughter 'enjoys" travel lax, something tells me that she wouldn't know travel lax from travel tiddlywinks if it were not for a parent pushing her that way..but I may be wrong and your daughter is that much further advanced than most/all other 3rd graders around....but to say she "begged to play" is a bit of a stretch....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry..there is not a 3rd grade girl (or boy) who decides they want to do travel lax on their own--especially if they don't have an older sibling to follow after!...while I don't doubt that your 3rd grade daughter 'enjoys" travel lax, something tells me that she wouldn't know travel lax from travel tiddlywinks if it were not for a parent pushing her that way..but I may be wrong and your daughter is that much further advanced than most/all other 3rd graders around....but to say she "begged to play" is a bit of a stretch....

She's been playing up for a few years now, so yes you're pretty much on the mark. Similar to having an older sibling. More like 15-20 of them really.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so your current 3rd grade daughter has been "playing up for a few years now"?...wow...amazing to know how driven she was in 1st grade...remarkable...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18

They are still babies

I completely agree. The key is fun. If they're having fun, any you can reasonably afford it, do it. Keep it in perspective. I think the stats are something like 1% of youth players play in college, or maybe thats just D1. Regardless if you're looking for a path for college tuition your money would be better invested in a 529c than a travel lax program. If your kid likes competing at a higher level and loves lacrosse then travel is a great way to make that happen.

For our part, my older daughter - older being 3rd grade lol, she enjoys travel lax. She likes the competitiveness and that all the kids try hard which she doesn't get in PAL. Will she even be playing lacrosse in 5 years? Who knows, she's 8. My younger one it remains to be seen whether she'll want to do it. She likes lax but she's not _that_ into it so I would be hesitant to put her into a travel program. The older one begged for it, the little one could give a crap.

Each kid is different, just make sure you and your kid are doing it for the right reasons. Hope that helps.

Relax a bit, you are in for a long ride ahead. If your daughter can tell the difference between 3rd grad PAL or travel you might just have a prodigy on your hands

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so your current 3rd grade daughter has been "playing up for a few years now"?...wow...amazing to know how driven she was in 1st grade...remarkable...

Kindergarten actually. And more like luck. One of those right place right time things. I'll tell you about it over a beer some day.

Relax a bit, you are in for a long ride ahead. If your daughter can tell the difference between 3rd grad PAL or travel you might just have a prodigy on your hands

I'm not so sure there is such a thing as a 3rd grade prodigy. There is a difference in the focus of 3rd grade travel kids vs. a good chunk (but not all) of the strictly PAL kids. Its either different interest levels, different maturity levels or both. All of which is likely to change over time. A great 3rd grade player might not be so great in a few years or might not even be playing and a terrible 3rd grade player could be the next Shannon Smith later on in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have coached several teams, boys and girls … let me tell you this, i did not see a girl or boy go from the bottom of the team (athleticism and/or skill wise) to the top. That said, some of the kids that were in the middle of the pack worked on their game brought it to a higher level. But the athletes are athletic at an early age and generally stay at the top unless they leave the sport. I know there are exceptions, but this is just my experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kindergarten actually. And more like luck. One of those right place right time things. I'll tell you about it over a beer some day.

I'm not so sure there is such a thing as a 3rd grade prodigy. There is a difference in the focus of 3rd grade travel kids vs. a good chunk (but not all) of the strictly PAL kids. Its either different interest levels, different maturity levels or both. All of which is likely to change over time. A great 3rd grade player might not be so great in a few years or might not even be playing and a terrible 3rd grade player could be the next Shannon Smith later on in life.

Wow sounds like you have this all figured out! I'm not sure if this is a joke or your third grader really has been competing on the travel lax circuit for several years now? Where exactly did she play and who did you compete against?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course Elevate has a team. They would have a team at the 2027 age group if people would give them their money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course Elevate has a team. They would have a team at the 2027 age group if people would give them their money.

Elevate had promise a year or two ago. I thought that they would be the next big club. My daughter plays on a team from the Maryland area and saw that they were starting to become more competitive. In the last year and a half they just have not progressed. Seems like girls have opted to go elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate had promise a year or two ago. I thought that they would be the next big club. My daughter plays on a team from the Maryland area and saw that they were starting to become more competitive. In the last year and a half they just have not progressed. Seems like girls have opted to go elsewhere.

I was just wondering how often teams are practicing now? With tournaments around the corner, has any team increased their practice days?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Wright the A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is Wright the A team?

Your on the wrong thread Wright is the 2023 B Coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Cathy Reese will be coaching her daughter's 2025 Heroes team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With tryout season around the corner, can anyone share some wisdom with what to expect with respect to what drills teams will run when they evaluate players? It's such a young age group I would assume they keep it very basic, but who knows?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They evaluate stick skills the most; specifically the various dodges, passing and catching with both hands etc. Not lollipop passes, firm passing to the "box" and being able to catch the same. I wouldn't sweat it too much. At this age most clubs are just looking to get bodies in the door and I haven't seen many if any cuts. I wouldn't get wrapped up in A team B team nonsense either since it is all likely to change in a year or two. Good luck to your daughter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played at Elevate this year and wont be returning. This person is right, Elevate would start these kids in pre-school if parents would pay. I don't know how much we spent with them but every week there is another fee. A bus tour, a year end party, etc. Its endless. In addition to being less competitive as another poster referenced, they are very unorganized. There are far better places and clubs to spend money on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played on Liberty this year and had a very good experience. My daughter improved significantly and the coaches were very good. The director is excellent as are the other women coaches who are there year round. They just didn't show up in the summer and leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 YJ doesn't have an or b team. They have 2 teams. Technically wrights would be the a team, as they were better. Next year who knows?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 YJ doesn't have an or b team. They have 2 teams. Technically wrights would be the a team, as they were better. Next year who knows?

kids are leaving looking for less political programs....why subject your kid to this nonsense at 4th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thorn is the A team
Wright is the B team

Only a parent from a B team would ever say that there is no A or B team just two teams. They are both very good, and as another poster mentioned, lots can change over the next year or two, but let's call it what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thorn is the A team
Wright is the B team

Only a parent from a B team would ever say that there is no A or B team just two teams. They are both very good, and as another poster mentioned, lots can change over the next year or two, but let's call it what it is.

Thorn's team was supposed to be the A team. Since the Thorn team has lost to the Wright team two years in a row it is clear which is in fact the better team. You lose once, you had a bad day. You lose twice there is no need for further discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thorn is the A team
Wright is the B team

Thorn's team was supposed to be the A team. Since the Thorn team has lost to the Wright team two years in a row it is clear which is in fact the better team. You lose once,
you had a bad day. You lose twice there is no need for further discussion.

Agreed! You are only as good as the last game you played, and Thorn was outplayed the whole game resulting in a solid win. You better get your "a" team daughter a shine box !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is Wright the A team?

Thorn is the A team
Wright is the B team

Thorn's team was supposed to be the A team. Since the Thorn team has lost to the Wright team two years in a row it is clear which is in fact the better team. You lose once,
you had a bad day. You lose twice there is no need for further discussion.

Agreed! You are only as good as the last game you played, and Thorn was outplayed the whole game resulting in a solid win. You better get your "a" team daughter a shine box !

Thorn's team needs to start over and scrap the f&f plan its not working

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes Wright is the A team my daughter is trying out next year that is what I was told

Re: Girls 2026-3rd Grade program
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there a 3rd grade program in Yellow Jackets next year

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard