BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 16 of 220 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Top Guns aren't sneaky? They held a full tryout, collected $35 from a bunch of girls and afterwards we heard they only had room for one 'new' player. The rest didn't make it, which was fine even though they were all quality players. They said they only were having one team for the age group... OK with that.

BUT THEN...they add a second (B) Purple team to the same age group. But instead of asking the kids who tried out the first time to start the new team, or have a second tryout, they hand picked a 2nd team from hometown West Babylon players and friends with the WB varsity coach as the coach. Does this seem fair to anyone else?

The TG parents should also let their kids know that most of their coaches are former Yellow Jackets and that's part of the reason they became the players they are.
My daughter is a 2015 player that tried out for Top Guns. She is a very good player, better than the girls that are on the top guns black team in the same position. A few months after try outs at a high school practice an older T.G. player that is close to the smith family told her that she had no chance of making that squad because the roster was already in place weeks before. I don't mind a team that secures spots for girls, most teams do. I do mind taking money from families in a bad economy that have no chance of making the team thats just dishonest. Quite frankly the team isn't that good , and she is quite happy where she is/was and wouldn't have played for them anyway. If they want to be like the Wave than just say so and stop taking peoples hard earned money and post on the site that the squad is set unless someone drops out. I also have to disagree with the statement that the the coaches that were Y.J's got to there level because of the Y.J's. They got there through hard work and practice. not because of the jersey on there back 2 months a year. Anyway good luck to you beating up B level talent.

I also have a daughter who attended the 2015 tryout. It was a joke! This discussion took place right after. If you go back you can read about the tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask a question if you think they are "not that good" 2015 team, which of course they are, why did you try out in the first place? In this poor economy, that seems silly to try out for a team your not even interested in!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask a question if you think they are "not that good" 2015 team, which of course they are, why did you try out in the first place? In this poor economy, that seems silly to try out for a team your not even interested in!
You seem to be very short sighted, I have been very fortunate in this latest economy, but many others have not. To hold a "try out" and collect money from people knowing that your team is set is just dishonest. Like another poster said if your looking only to replace a middie and an attacker, then post that so every one knows and goalies and defenders don't waste there money. As far as 2015 black not being that good , obviously you coaches and directors don't think so either placing them in "B" divisions and going to week tournys. And maybe you have the gift of foresight , but I didn't know back in september that that team would be so week. good luck beating up on 91 white and fl$ , I would say we'll see you on the field but we play in the top divisions so the it is very unlikely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these travel programs pretty much treat the tryouts the same. There obviously is a team intact and every team is looking to upgrade the backend. If your daughter is a standout talent, she would be offered a spot on the team (any team). If the talent is close even in your daughters favor, no position will be made for her. Go back to the threads during all the different clubs tryouts and all you hear is everbody crying foul and politics and on and on........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top Guns aren't sneaky? They held a full tryout, collected $35 from a bunch of girls and afterwards we heard they only had room for one 'new' player. The rest didn't make it, which was fine even though they were all quality players. They said they only were having one team for the age group... OK with that.

BUT THEN...they add a second (B) Purple team to the same age group. But instead of asking the kids who tried out the first time to start the new team, or have a second tryout, they hand picked a 2nd team from hometown West Babylon players and friends with the WB varsity coach as the coach. Does this seem fair to anyone else?

The TG parents should also let their kids know that most of their coaches are former Yellow Jackets and that's part of the reason they became the players they are.
My daughter is a 2015 player that tried out for Top Guns. She is a very good player, better than the girls that are on the top guns black team in the same position. A few months after try outs at a high school practice an older T.G. player that is close to the smith family told her that she had no chance of making that squad because the roster was already in place weeks before. I don't mind a team that secures spots for girls, most teams do. I do mind taking money from families in a bad economy that have no chance of making the team thats just dishonest. Quite frankly the team isn't that good , and she is quite happy where she is/was and wouldn't have played for them anyway. If they want to be like the Wave than just say so and stop taking peoples hard earned money and post on the site that the squad is set unless someone drops out. I also have to disagree with the statement that the the coaches that were Y.J's got to there level because of the Y.J's. They got there through hard work and practice. not because of the jersey on there back 2 months a year. Anyway good luck to you beating up B level talent.

Let's see if we all understand...
1- The team is not that good.
2- Your superstar wasn't going to play even is selected post tryout.
3- it's a tough economy.

These are your words right?

Then why try out? Why spend your hard earned money in this tough economy? Why try out for a team that is not that good?

Just trying to understand your point that's all. Would you rather all the clubs have free tryouts so folks like you (who have no intention of playing anyway...your words) can waste everyone's time?
Just wondering...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3- it's a tough economy.

Then why try out? Why spend your hard earned money in this tough economy? Why try out for a team that is not that good?

Just trying to understand your point that's all. Would you rather all the clubs have free tryouts so folks like you (who have no intention of playing anyway...your words) can waste everyone's time?
Just wondering...
Your talking about wasting peoples time? Your daughter must be one of those scary talents tearing up the "B" division on 2015 black, you know the ones I'm talking about , the ones that knew pre try out that there spot was secure. It seems you should be thanking me for supplementing your scary talented team. Lets just say that curiosity got the best of my daughter and she wanted to see if the grass was greener. It took her less than a minuet after try outs to tell me 2 things. 1 these girls, with a few exceptions, are not as good as her previous years team. 2 the roster was all ready set, it was that obvious to anyone that knows the game. so it seems that the only people that wasted other peoples time was Shannon Smith, and Steve levy. And lastly you must be a house frau if you don't know that it's a bad economy. No offense, I'm just trying to understand how some one doesn't understand that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the h___ are you talking about. My daughter is on the 2015 team. New players were added to both the Black and the Purple teams (and not from WB). That means your daughter must really be bad if she didn't make either of the squads. Please get your info correct before you babble on and spread rumors that are not just true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And by the way, the winner of the 2015 bracket at the National Draw came from the "D" division. Shows you what the meaning of the order of divisions were-NOTHING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um sorry you are so short sighted and still didn't answer the question, why did you tryout if you didn't want to play on the team?? Obviously you must have thought they were good to tryout and guess what ? We have never played 91 or fl$ so get your facts straight .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And by the way, the winner of the 2015 bracket at the National Draw came from the "D" division. Shows you what the meaning of the order of divisions were-NOTHING
Your either not that bright or in complete denial

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3- it's a tough economy.

Just wondering...
Your talking about wasting peoples time? Your daughter must be one of those scary talents tearing up the "B" division on 2015 black, you know the ones I'm talking about , the ones that knew pre try out that there spot was secure. It seems you should be thanking me for supplementing your scary talented team. Lets just say that curiosity got the best of my daughter and she wanted to see if the grass was greener. It took her less than a minuet after try outs to tell me 2 things. 1 these girls, with a few exceptions, are not as good as her previous years team. 2 the roster was all ready set, it was that obvious to anyone that knows the game. so it seems that the only people that wasted other peoples time was Shannon Smith, and Steve levy. And lastly you must be a house frau if you don't know that it's a bad economy. No offense, I'm just trying to understand how some one doesn't understand that.

All the other clubs all have free tryouts and just dump players for other marginal players? I thought all the sour, rejected hurt feelings would have faded by now, and that goes for all the LI clubs tryouts. There are plenty of walk on teams out there, TG Blk and YJ Blue are not them! There were many YJ players at TG tryouts last year, I think most were non blue players hoping to make black and were mad when they didn't make the black, you know, looking for greener grass. Whatever, practice hard, try again for black or blue. I see YJ tryouts being an advantage as players who make less than blue have little other option than to play on another color.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um sorry you are so short sighted and still didn't answer the question, why did you tryout if you didn't want to play on the team?? Obviously you must have thought they were good to tryout and guess what ? We have never played 91 or fl$ so get your facts straight .
you are truly an arrogant simpleminded person. If you would have calmed down enough to comprehend the posts I mad you would have read that my daughter had heard that T.G was a decent team so she went to try outs as did many Y.J. 91 and express girls did , you are the new kids on the block so people were interested in seeing what you were about. You seem t think that all these girls were cut, closer to the truth is that Shannon and Steve all ready had the rosters set, including who would be dropped to purple , and who would take there place on black. the try out was a sham. Unfortunately most parents weren't in on the ruse , or I'm sure they , like me , would not have wasted our time . I know many girls on both 2014 teams , and both 2015 teams, some are very good , and some are not. I assume your daughter was one of the greased in players and that why your so offended. As to the poster that wrote post # 14195, if there are teams that have free try outs for the "marginal players" as you put it, I wouldn't know . My daughter went to 2 try outs your sham , and the team shes on. As far as MD playing in a "D" bracket, that tournament was set up differently than the IWLCA in PA. . that was set up for "A" teams to play "A" team , and "B" teams to play "B" teams. thats why in PA. there were multiple champions per age group, and at national draw there was only 1 over all champion. Now take your meds, and learn the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3- it's a tough economy.

Just wondering...

First I do take offense you brainless waste of space. I started asking some pointed questions and you respond with name calling so right back at you. Second it seems you must be one of those weak wussies who was stuffed into one too many lockers in your life causing you to fight your battles on a computer instead of in person. Third, keep your daughter and yourself on your current team because stinking, gutless piles of weakling are not welcome elsewhere. Does that level of communication work for you? If not possibly we will meet some day and it can be explained better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is talking about the tournament in new jersey, where top guns specifically entered into the B division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are truly an arrogant simpleminded person. If you would have calmed down enough to comprehend the posts I mad you would have read that my daughter had heard that T.G was a decent team so she went to try outs as did many Y.J. 91 and express girls did , you are the new kids on the block so people were interested in seeing what you were about. You seem t think that all these girls were cut, closer to the truth is that Shannon and Steve all ready had the rosters set, including who would be dropped to purple , and who would take there place on black. the try out was a sham. Unfortunately most parents weren't in on the ruse , or I'm sure they , like me , would not have wasted our time . I know many girls on both 2014 teams , and both 2015 teams, some are very good , and some are not. I assume your daughter was one of the greased in players and that why your so offended. As to the poster that wrote post # 14195, if there are teams that have free try outs for the "marginal players" as you put it, I wouldn't know . My daughter went to 2 try outs your sham , and the team shes on. As far as MD playing in a "D" bracket, that tournament was set up differently than the IWLCA in PA. . that was set up for "A" teams to play "A" team , and "B" teams to play "B" teams. thats why in PA. there were multiple champions per age group, and at national draw there was only 1 over all champion. Now take your meds, and learn the difference.

Who cares...your past posts prove you are a clueless, nonsensical loser. Lets not pay attention to annoying fleas like this. Go back to your own teams site...probably booted off by your own team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares...your past posts prove you are a clueless, nonsensical loser. Lets not pay attention to annoying fleas like this. Go back to your own teams site...probably booted off by your own team.
All you people do is deny the truth. You are a "B" level club at best. No I was never shoved in a locker, Yes I did play the game in high school as well as college. My daughter plays on a team where try outs mean you have to play well or your cut, you don't get on this team because daddys the coach, or because your a friend of daddys little girl. I would love to meet you on the field when our daughters play , but your team is not good enough to compete against my daughters team . See you in Virginia, I'll bring the towel for you to cry into.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I would love to meet you on the field when our daughters play , but your team is not good enough to compete against my daughters team . See you in Virginia, I'll bring the towel for you to cry into.

So what team is your daughter on? Enlighten us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All you people do is deny the truth. You are a "B" level club at best. No I was never shoved in a locker, Yes I did play the game in high school as well as college. My daughter plays on a team where try outs mean you have to play well or your cut, you don't get on this team because daddys the coach, or because your a friend of daddys little girl. I would love to meet you on the field when our daughters play , but your team is not good enough to compete against my daughters team . See you in Virginia, I'll bring the towel for you to cry into.

You played with yourself that's about it....Richard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Diamondbacks hat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't cry over youth lacrosse so give the towel to your wife to cry on. She has to tolerate you in real life. Hahaha you loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks for letting us all know that you were never shoved into a locker, and that you played lacrosse in high school and college. perhaps you can enlighten us as to the relevance of this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your information on this subject shows your small thinking and once again no knowledge. My daughter is on the team and guess what they did take more than one new player and no idiot they are not from west Babylon and guess what they have nice quality parents. Unlike you who I'm sure would cause a problem. We don't do that in our group so stay where you are .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still why is it that your teams pick to play in the less competitive divisions when possible. I will be the first to admit that your club has grown faster then most expected but your teams need to place themselves into the A divisions if you want to keep comparing yourselves to the other top programs.It also seems politics plays a large factor on the make-up of many of your teams which is unfortunate because with the club being so new it really could have set you apart from the other organizations

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still why is it that your teams pick to play in the less competitive divisions when possible. I will be the first to admit that your club has grown faster then most expected but your teams need to place themselves into the A divisions if you want to keep comparing yourselves to the other top programs.It also seems politics plays a large factor on the make-up of many of your teams which is unfortunate because with the club being so new it really could have set you apart from the other organizations

I am a YJ parent and who cares were they play! Give them a few years and they will probably be just as big as YJ- people want a variety of clubs to play for. Parents of any team can talk smack- let the kids play on the field and the scores will speak for themselves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is talking about the tournament in new jersey, where top guns specifically entered into the B division. You really need to get a clue on how the brackets work, you will NEVER see the 4-6 best teams at any tournament in the same bracket, they are mixed throughout the various brackets in the hopes that the best teams will eventually meet in the playoffs, otherwise those 15-1 games that you moan about will be in the playoffs instead of in bracket play. if you still don't understand the concept perhaps you should speak with your coach or one of the directors of your club annd maybe they can educate you a little - stop embarrassing yourself with this non-sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a 2017 player, considering trying out for Top Guns in August. Can some of you existing TG parents offer your feedback on the program? I've heard some parents are unhappy about 5 away tournaments, and having to wait for coaches to finish up at Northwestern. Haven't really heard any other negatives. I hear the coaches are great, when they're actually there. Any other pros/cons?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, if that isnt backhanded what is.

I have not forrayed the girls travel landscape as I have a few years, but really, if you wanted to get a realistic comment from a parent on the team, I am not sure if that is the best Post to do so.

Talk about blending the pot. I think these girls travels are far worse than the boys!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have not forrayed the girls travel landscape as I have a few years, but really, if you wanted to get a realistic comment from a parent on the team, I am not sure if that is the best Post to do so.

Talk about blending the pot. I think these girls travels are far worse than the boys!!!

What are you talking about? I'm just looking for an opinion, based on their experience with the program...not sure what you're saying...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those really are the complaints that I've heard...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That made no sense at all, so I will try to answer for you. The problem with the North Western girls basically ended this year because Shannon graduated this year, and from what I understand , shes going to go to Hofstra to finish her degree, so she will be around all the time. I am a parent from a rival club, so all I know is what I have heard and experienced from going to there try outs, and is solely my opinion. My daughter is a top tier player playing on a top clubs "A" team and on a varsity high school team so I have been doing this for a long time and will try to be honest. T.G. is an up and coming club that stands to get much better in a hurry now with Shannon being home full time. They are less aggressive than Y.J, but more so than Liberty. Being a girls only club your daughter will be the most important thing unlike 91 or Express. They are kind of cliquy and seem to hold on to players that have close ties to cretin people involved with the club even though better players show up to try outs. They have made changes this year dropping some girls to lower teams, and taking on new girls (Powderfinger calm down I said I would try to be fair and your daughter deserves to be one of those girls,) but it is rare that a girl with no ties gets accepted, no matter how good she is, at least in the higher grades. Your daughter being young will fare well if she gets in now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What?? Looks like they just want some feedback from TG parents, in addition to what they've already heard...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That made no sense at all, so I will try to answer for you. The problem with the North Western girls basically ended this year because Shannon graduated this year, and from what I understand , shes going to go to Hofstra to finish her degree, so she will be around all the time. I am a parent from a rival club, so all I know is what I have heard and experienced from going to there try outs, and is solely my opinion. My daughter is a top tier player playing on a top clubs "A" team and on a varsity high school team so I have been doing this for a long time and will try to be honest. T.G. is an up and coming club that stands to get much better in a hurry now with Shannon being home full time. They are less aggressive than Y.J, but more so than Liberty. Being a girls only club your daughter will be the most important thing unlike 91 or Express. They are kind of cliquy and seem to hold on to players that have close ties to cretin people involved with the club even though better players show up to try outs. They have made changes this year dropping some girls to lower teams, and taking on new girls (Powderfinger calm down I said I would try to be fair and your daughter deserves to be one of those girls,) but it is rare that a girl with no ties gets accepted, no matter how good she is, at least in the higher grades. Your daughter being young will fare well if she gets in now.

Thanks for your opinion, which seems very honest, and well thought out, from someone who's been involved in travel for a while. I'm hoping to also hear from some TG parents themselves, but your answer was also very helpful. At the very least, I think we'll tryout for the TG 2017. Good luck with your daughter going forward.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I, and my daughter, are very happy at TG. As is documented elsewhere on this site, we were with /another club/ for a few years and it wasn't a good match. My personal opinion and experience is to steer yourselves toward clubs that coach girls primarily, not girls as a sideline to boys. IME, the girls are the [lacrosse] stepchildren in those clubs.

What I like about TG: that we do play a lot of tournaments. If you want to be seen you have to be out there. I don't think the tournament schedule is excessive, it's what I expect. YMMV depending on your goals, finances, family situation.

We are very happy with coaching. My kid is getting some great coaching this year, way more so than in HS and in prior club experience. Very happy with quality of other players. Very happy with club culture and other parents.

The thing is every age group is diffierent within clubs, so what's great in one year might not be the same as another year. It's really tough to shop around because there are tryout fees and the timing of tryouts/commitments expected. I asked around and I got lucky finding a match. So that's my advice, talk to people in your daughter's age group. Wander around at tournaments, everyone at tournaments is happy to answer questions so just go and schmooze and see what you find out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
I, and my daughter, are very happy at TG. As is documented elsewhere on this site, we were with /another club/ for a few years and it wasn't a good match. My personal opinion and experience is to steer yourselves toward clubs that coach girls primarily, not girls as a sideline to boys. IME, the girls are the [lacrosse] stepchildren in those clubs.

What I like about TG: that we do play a lot of tournaments. If you want to be seen you have to be out there. I don't think the tournament schedule is excessive, it's what I expect. YMMV depending on your goals, finances, family situation.

We are very happy with coaching. My kid is getting some great coaching this year, way more so than in HS and in prior club experience. Very happy with quality of other players. Very happy with club culture and other parents.

The thing is every age group is diffierent within clubs, so what's great in one year might not be the same as another year. It's really tough to shop around because there are tryout fees and the timing of tryouts/commitments expected. I asked around and I got lucky finding a match. So that's my advice, talk to people in your daughter's age group. Wander around at tournaments, everyone at tournaments is happy to answer questions so just go and schmooze and see what you find out.

Are you from RP? Just wondering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great, informative post! Hopefully, someone from TG 2017 will also chime in. Thank you very much Powder!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out for 3 travel programs on the island. She made the top teams on all three, with a lot of research we chose the top guns. It was the best decision we could have made. Her coaches are great, Shannon is awesome with all the girls, the organization in general is good. Like i said this is are first year with the top guns, and so far it has been a great summer for mr daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out for 3 travel programs on the island. She made the top teams on all three, with a lot of research we chose the top guns. It was the best decision we could have made. Her coaches are great, Shannon is awesome with all the girls, the organization in general is good. Like i said this is are first year with the top guns, and so far it has been a great summer for mr daughter.

Thanks for the great feedback! What year is your daughter graduating?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing Varsity does not mean your daughter is a good player. It is relevant. Where do you live?

Cliquey is putting it mildly. At tryouts girls are instructed to only pass to each other and some stood on the sidline and never went into the game.

They did drop some to lower teams, to the surprise to many parents who were told otherwise.

All of these organizations have politics, TG included, it's no better and no worse, it is about who you know!

It is true that getting in younger will help, but this is true for all clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your opinion, which seems very honest, and well thought out, from someone who's been involved in travel for a while. I'm hoping to also hear from some TG parents themselves, but your answer was also very helpful. At the very least, I think we'll tryout for the TG 2017. Good luck with your daughter going forward.
I am glad to help. I wish your daughter well. It's A good group over at TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, Top Guns is the eay to go. The pros are they only take 2 teams per age group which allows the coaches and players to become more intimate. They hold tryouts every year and unlike other clubs will gently eliminate those who have not improved in order to raise the level of play. That's what premier lax is supposed to be, dedication, committment and hard work.

The coaches are wonderful, and while it is true some don't get to all the prctices and games due to college/education issues you will no doubt see a qualified coach on the sideline at every game/practice. I also think it's wonderful that Bill Smith takes the time to get to know the players and families. He has personally helped my daughter gain confidence and raised a terrific young lady in Shannon.

The only con is that the uniforms could use some upgrading, my daughter has been through quite a few pinnies and shorts over the past few years and there is better quality out there.

Good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 220 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard