BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the NOrthwestern commit from?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2019 commits keep coming. Several top teams have filled half their classes already. Congrats to the girls.

I call BS on that.
Second

So are you done calling BS? It is factual. 4-5 at least in the top 5 programs and several others ... Overall there are 2019 girls committed in the several dozen. It is what is going on. Only the top girls and the top programs, but in the spring it will move to the next tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
philly..one of the Catholic schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Highly unlikely. 2019 talent in the Philly area isn't in the Catholic schools. It's in select publics in SE PA and the Inter-Ac schools. In that grouping a few of the elite girls are being actively recruited, but for most their time will start to come this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liar

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liar

Liar

Liar

New England region

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit, NJ and STEPS Blue, she is a very good player. Her older sister who is an awesome player is committed their as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 commits keep coming. Several top teams have filled half their classes already. Congrats to the girls.

I call BS on that.
Second

So are you done calling BS? It is factual. 4-5 at least in the top 5 programs and several others ... Overall there are 2019 girls committed in the several dozen. It is what is going on. Only the top girls and the top programs, but in the spring it will move to the next tier.
You said filled their classes already which is just not true. Several dozen girls have indeed committed, but even top schools are not full.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS on that.
Second

You said filled their classes already which is just not true. Several dozen girls have indeed committed, but even top schools are not full.

read the quote again ... it says HALF full.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit, NJ and STEPS Blue, she is a very good player. Her older sister who is an awesome player is committed their as well.

well then they r up to 5 because there is a new england 2019 that just committed as well

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most likely their all telling the truth .... Although NJ sounds like a stretch .. At summer tournaments their teams got mauled by jackets, Heros and M&D.. But maybe a stud turned some heads who knows..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The acc teams cannot be half full there's no way. If the best team -YJ - has what 3 or 4 girls and third tiers like steps and ultimate have 1(if that) then it just doesn't add up to a big number. How about Duke or BC? Any notice about commits from them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The acc teams cannot be half full there's no way. If the best team -YJ - has what 3 or 4 girls and third tiers like steps and ultimate have 1(if that) then it just doesn't add up to a big number. How about Duke or BC? Any notice about commits from them?

no they're not likely. The post said 4 or 5 teams are half full. Seems like NU is. Maryland probably. UNC has at least a couple. Ohio State actually has a couple. As do others. Other kids have offers and haven't committed, but likely will soon. So it seems plausible that a handful of schools r around half done, a bunch have 1 or 2 commits, and many others none yet. All of this is 6-8 months earlier than last year though, which was 3-6 months earlier than the year before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny. Let the 2019 YJ bashing begin smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hofstra has a couple lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heros will have 7-8 commits by the end of the year to big schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best players on the top yellow jacket teams are always very very good. However, simply being on the best team does not make you one of the best players. Every year there are players from many of the other clubs who are stronger players and recruited over kids that play on the top YJ team. Also, remember that there is a big difference between being #1 or #2 recruit at a school and rest of the recruits. The best 25 players in the country do not play for the same club team. The top 10 - 20 colleges do for the most part recruit the same players. After the top prospects commit the flood gates open and it becomes a free-for-all. There are more spots available than there are quality players. The majority of the high end talent is scooped up by the top college programs but never forget that there are girls playing on teams that are not in the top 20 that are better than girls who are on the Maryland Roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just got some intel on Duke. my daughter's school has a big sister program and the girl that mentored her is now a junior defender on the Duke women's team. my daughter is more of a soccer player that is JV level lacrosse but they do talk about both sports. according to this girl they currently have 6 verbal commits in the 2019 class. to my knowledge they have made none of them public to toplaxrecuits or any of the other sites. Yah have to assume they have a policy against news releases right?? has anyone else seen any of them announced? maybe I am looking in the wrong place. is there a better place to look for this stuff????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just got some intel on Duke. my daughter's school has a big sister program and the girl that mentored her is now a junior defender on the Duke women's team. my daughter is more of a soccer player that is JV level lacrosse but they do talk about both sports. according to this girl they currently have 6 verbal commits in the 2019 class. to my knowledge they have made none of them public to toplaxrecuits or any of the other sites. Yah have to assume they have a policy against news releases right?? has anyone else seen any of them announced? maybe I am looking in the wrong place. is there a better place to look for this stuff????

Way to go [lacrosse] Tracy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if that's true, and that's a big if, how is it even possible they are ready to commit scholarship monies to this many kids so early on? if I'm the AD there I am asking how are you spending my cash this quick, 4 years from the time they need to be signed and you're blowing it all out already.. wth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is 2018 girls not 2019, don't get everyone crazy on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if that's true, and that's a big if, how is it even possible they are ready to commit scholarship monies to this many kids so early on? if I'm the AD there I am asking how are you spending my cash this quick, 4 years from the time they need to be signed and you're blowing it all out already.. wth
true for 2018 class not 2019s, I assure you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke not recruiting until summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra has 2 2019 commits from what I hear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that they gave Coach Reese a contract extension at Maryland for doing exactly that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that they gave Coach Reese a contract extension at Maryland for doing exactly that...

So a guy at a party tonight said he doesn't think 2019s are committing. Maybe one or two, was his concession. From everything I've heard and seen, it's way more than that. I have what I believe to be fairly certain knowledge of ten or more girls at just a few schools that would lead me to believe there are closer to 30-50 2019s committed or at least w outstanding offers. What is the consensus on this board? Do u guys think it is closer two "just a couple" or 30-50? Or somewhere in between?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh it's at least 30 and likely a bunch more than that. NW has a handful, notre dame has 3 girls verballed from what I have been told-- obviously Maryland has almost a full class. This proposed rule change seems to be having the unintended consequence of pulling forward girls even faster and causing a rush to recruit. Like all brilliant ideas from the NCAA..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh it's at least 30 and likely a bunch more than that. NW has a handful, notre dame has 3 girls verballed from what I have been told-- obviously Maryland has almost a full class. This proposed rule change seems to be having the unintended consequence of pulling forward girls even faster and causing a rush to recruit. Like all brilliant ideas from the NCAA..

It is not the NCAA's idea. The same coaches who are doing the recruiting are the ones who came up with the idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think it's quite that high on committed. Certainly MD and NW are active, and many of the top programs have a player or two verbaled, but it's not a super high number. The ND info is off, they along with the top academics have a slower process by design to look at academic info. ND's process is specific, and incorporates 1st year grades, etc to see if a player can even qualify.

If you are in MD or NY yes the top are verbaling, along with siblings in other states attending the same school as older sister. NJ, PA eyc the top have been identified and reached out to, but the process is still early.

Net net, it's always not as many as people would like to discuss, but if you're 2019 is a top player, she's been contacted by at least a few clubs by now. Doesn't mean it's late for anyone else, the process is fluid and you'll see much more conversation with a wider range of 2019's come spring and summer as evaluations continue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think it's quite that high on committed. Certainly MD and NW are active, and many of the top programs have a player or two verbaled, but it's not a super high number. The ND info is off, they along with the top academics have a slower process by design to look at academic info. ND's process is specific, and incorporates 1st year grades, etc to see if a player can even qualify.

If you are in MD or NY yes the top are verbaling, along with siblings in other states attending the same school as older sister. NJ, PA eyc the top have been identified and reached out to, but the process is still early.

Net net, it's always not as many as people would like to discuss, but if you're 2019 is a top player, she's been contacted by at least a few clubs by now. Doesn't mean it's late for anyone else, the process is fluid and you'll see much more conversation with a wider range of 2019's come spring and summer as evaluations continue.
agree with this. Probably 25 or so girls committed at this point in 2019 class best educated guess. Look at some of the club websites at you can get a sense plus from knowing a lot of lax families. In terms of Notre Dame, I highly doubt they have any 2019 commits. For the 2018s, they invited their top 9 recruits on September 5th of their sophomore year to visit for the weekend, including attending the Texas/ND football game. During the weekend, Coach Halphpenny made it very clear that these were their top recruits, they did not allow for commitments prior to this weekend as they wanted to watch all of the girls at least through the summer of their rising sophomore year and they wanted the recruits to have to come to campus for a entire weekend with their parents and spend a lot of time with the coaches, girls on the team, and with the other recruits. They said they realize many of their ACC competitors had already takend commits, but they felt this was the best approach for Ntore Dame. That is why I strongly don't think ND has taken any 2019s at this point. It goes against their philosophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree with this. Probably 25 or so girls committed at this point in 2019 class best educated guess. Look at some of the club websites at you can get a sense plus from knowing a lot of lax families. In terms of Notre Dame, I highly doubt they have any 2019 commits. For the 2018s, they invited their top 9 recruits on September 5th of their sophomore year to visit for the weekend, including attending the Texas/ND football game. During the weekend, Coach Halphpenny made it very clear that these were their top recruits, they did not allow for commitments prior to this weekend as they wanted to watch all of the girls at least through the summer of their rising sophomore year and they wanted the recruits to have to come to campus for a entire weekend with their parents and spend a lot of time with the coaches, girls on the team, and with the other recruits. They said they realize many of their ACC competitors had already takend commits, but they felt this was the best approach for Ntore Dame. That is why I strongly don't think ND has taken any 2019s at this point. It goes against their philosophy.

Disagree in that I know a 2019 with an offer from ND. She hasn't committed so technically you are correct at least in her case, but the ball is in her court. Things have accelerated meaningfully with the 2019s vs the 2018s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Difficult to believe. Not saying it's untrue, however would be very unlike ND.
In the past, and this year as well, they have wanted at least a semester of grades but really prefer a full year, along with psat/sat, and other info before a consideration would be made. And also pretty consistent that nothing happens until after freshman year.

If it's an offer great, but far too many times in the past people confuse interest with offer or impending offer, etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it hard to believe? They have gotten potted plants into south bend to play football.. Now they are becoming somewhat legit in WLax, I mean they locked up Fortunato when she hadn't even gotten her braces on right? This in not Cal Poly here folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry but to say they have waited for SAT scores???? You're going back to wooden sticks, no goggles and natural boundaries on the field. Come on let's gets real now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the past, and this year as well, they have wanted at least a semester of grades but really prefer a full year, along with psat/sat, and other info before a consideration would be made. And also pretty consistent that nothing happens until after freshman year.

If it's an offer great, but far too many times in the past people confuse interest with offer or impending offer, etc...
ask the 2018 girls from the YJs who all committed after the September 5th recruit weekend at the beginning of their sophomore year to ND if it is true. I was there, I assure you it is true. Maybe ND changed its approach for recruting 2019s, but based on what they said during that weekend, I doubt it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am agreeing with you, they haven't changed their approach at all. To the potted plant and wooden stick posters, you're just showing your lack of knowledge into the real process after being told from posters who have gone or are going thru their process. Too many stories floating that player x got an offer, Duke has their 2019 class almost filled, etc... Are there some schools being aggressive right now? Sure there are, and players are committing when it makes sense to them, Northwestern and MD being prime examples.
This isn't a revenue producing sport and grades and other intangibles count, frankly more programs should be like ND, Duke, and others and ensure the recruit can be successful at the school of choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ask the 2018 girls from the YJs who all committed after the September 5th recruit weekend at the beginning of their sophomore year to ND if it is true. I was there, I assure you it is true. Maybe ND changed its approach for recruting 2019s, but based on what they said during that weekend, I doubt it.

I would not be surprised if ND has offered spots to one or two 2019's. The recruiting timeline has changed significantly over the past 18 months. There are a few schools ND being one of them who realize that they were not in the game with the top 2018's. It was not long ago that ND, Duke and others could Identify, track and recruit players as rising 9th graders without having to worry about pulling the trigger. Schools were able to build a pipeline without having to actually make an offer. Now however, coaches have to be ready to commit a kid in the 9th grade or risk falling behind their competition. Remember, not all recruits are created equal. The top programs are all chasing the same players. ND wants to be in the hunt with all of the top programs, they want to be able to land 1 or 2 of the top recruits in the country. If you do not get at least a couple of studs per year you will not be competitive. With other top academic schools willing to commit kids early ND is most likely willing to at least give give a wink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it hard to believe? They have gotten potted plants into south bend to play football.. Now they are becoming somewhat legit in WLax, I mean they locked up Fortunato when she hadn't even gotten her braces on right? This in not Cal Poly here folks.

Obviously you were not smart enough to get in to ND. If you think they admit any football player, you are wrong. The average football player at ND is not as smart as the average student, but is there a school in the nation where that statement isn't true? They don't admit a single player who they don't think can graduate. Many players major in something soft, but so do many other students, right? Probably like you did, if I had to guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No confusion. A 2019 has an offer from ND. I'm sure you are correct about the 2018's. I'm also sure I'm correct about this offer to a '19. She is a top player and has offers outstanding from more than a few places, ND being one of them. ND wouldn't have a chance of getting her if they didn't offer her now. So, unfortunately, the process has accelerated yet again this year and given your knowledge of the situation w the 2018s, it appears ND has had to change with the times as well. What we all thought we could count on/knew from last year, seems to have gone by the wayside. At least for the early wave of recruits. Chances are the next wave will be earlier than last year as well, however.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not smart enough yes, plus I wanted to go to an SEC school for football. but my daughter is smart and probly headed for a Patriot league school or a service academy. all I know if this proposed moratorium on early recruiting is causing a feeding frenzy. time to get aggressive guys.

Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard