BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2025-3rd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2025-3rd Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025-3rd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about the Yellow Jackets 2025 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, they have plenty of play dates, trips to Carvel and potty training sessions in addition to practices scheduled....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
make sure the tooth fairy comes to the games,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

This is their first year, website says Joe Spallina is coaching (daughter is in 3rd). Great coach if he can dial it down to an age appropriate level. Should attract all the parents who think they are raising the next Shannon Smith.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is their first year, website says Joe Spallina is coaching (daughter is in 3rd). Great coach if he can dial it down to an age appropriate level. Should attract all the parents who think they are raising the next Shannon Smith.

Don't sleep on that grade. Lot of potential D-1 talent there. Probably could take the Wright team before they even have their first practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know tryouts are in December and the team doesn't really exist at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any parent that signs up a 3rd grader for travel lacrosse is a complete lunatic. Take your kid to Disney, not some cow pasture in backwater, Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN...contrary to what some money-grubbing director will tell you, little susie wont miss a beat if she doesn't start playing travel for a few years..just think of the 6k in cash that you will save..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN...contrary to what some money-grubbing director will tell you, little susie wont miss a beat if she doesn't start playing travel for a few years..just think of the 6k in cash that you will save..

Do your homework, there are NO 2025 girls teams. They will have no one their age to play and be forced to play up, there are even very few clubs with 4th grade teams. Your girls will be traveling and for yrs. will be playing older kids and older YJ teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any parent that signs up a 3rd grader for travel lacrosse is a complete lunatic. Take your kid to Disney, not some cow pasture in backwater, Maryland

Yes, wait until your child is in 6th or 7th grade and then she can get placed on the 5th team with other girls that can't catch or throw. Good call. If your girl wants to play lax, then let her play. That team will be very good eventually. The goalie for that team is already playing on the 2025 91 boys team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, wait until your child is in 6th or 7th grade and then she can get placed on the 5th team with other girls that can't catch or throw. Good call. If your girl wants to play lax, then let her play. That team will be very good eventually. The goalie for that team is already playing on the 2025 91 boys team.

Yes when your 8 year old comes to mom and dad and says I want to travel every weekend to places I've never heard of just to play the one other club that has a 2025 team then who are mom and dad to deny that kid? Get a grip! If she starts when she is in 5th grade, she won't be relegated to the 5th YJ team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There is PAL to play and towns that play PAL summer leagues, so the idea that a 3rd grade girl has to sit on her hands until she plays travel is utter nonsense. And I dare you to name one 3rd grade girl who tells her parents that she really wants to play travel lax. Its the Mom & Dad who drink the Kool-Aid from a director that says that if your daughter doesn't start now, she will be left behind. Total BS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would bet that the tournaments will be local although I haven't confirmed that with YJ. There are plenty of tourneys on LI that have a 3rd grade bracket. Not so much once you leave LI. My daughter, who is a 2025, played on a 2023 team this summer and most out of state tournaments were 2022/23 combined. So I would expect local Long Island tourneys for the 2025s.

With regard to all the other hoopla about it being crazy to do and all that - I say it depends on your kid an whether she's having fun. My kid had a blast this summer and she was sad when the summer season was over. She's a 2025. Every kid is different. Do what you think is best and what your daughter is going to enjoy the most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does depend on the kid. The skills built from playing travel from 3rd thru 6th are really important from my experience. Now that my daughter is older, she doesn't need to play full year, only 6 months to maintain those skills - while playing other sports in off-season. If you want to make travel teams in 6-8th grade, the girls need to know the rules. I find that girls that don't play full year early simply don't learn the game. They only play March-May and don't pick up a stick for 9 months.

Taking a 3rd grader on road trips gets costly. If they stay on Long Island it is worth it, especially when most organizations don't charge you the same fee as older girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Any parent that signs up a 3rd grader for travel lacrosse is a complete lunatic. Take your kid to Disney, not some cow pasture in backwater, Maryland

DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: DO NOT IDENTIFY PLAYERS
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to single out a kid with negative commentary .DELETED mean she needs to be in the spotlight . Especially because it is mainly gender based and definitely not on skill . We were at tryouts last year and both girls that where there we definitely good enough to play on any team .

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: DO NOT IDENTIFY PLAYERS
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Any parent that signs up a 3rd grader for travel lacrosse is a complete lunatic. Take your kid to Disney, not some cow pasture in backwater, Maryland

If this is true her parents need their heads examined.

DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DELETED

Good goalies are crazy. Gotta come from somewhere. Ive seen this kid she wears no pads just gloves helmet chest protector. Doesnt even shrug when a ball hits her. Just plays it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DELETED

Good goalies are crazy. Gotta come from somewhere. Ive seen this kid she wears no pads just gloves helmet chest protector. Doesnt even shrug when a ball hits her. Just plays it.

thanks Goalie dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DELETED

thanks Goalie dad.

Lol my daughter is a 2023 that plays attack there Sherlock. She's shoots lax balls not eating them and is happy to leave the running to every dummy who wants to be a middie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DELETED

thanks Goalie dad.

Lol my daughter is a 2023 that plays attack there Sherlock. She's shoots lax balls not eating them and is happy to leave the running to every dummy who wants to be a middie

So she's a lazy goal hanger - that will get her far in life. Good job Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which organizations are fielding a 2025 girls team? I know 91 has a 2024/25 combined team. Yellow Jackets has a 2025 team. Does anyone know of any others?

(yes, we know, they'll be taking field trips to Chucky Cheese and all that, thank you in advance).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At that age group 3rd grade that may be it. YJ will be fielding a team that will have to play up in most tournaments. They had try outs yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
be patient...YJ will soon offer a Pre-K division...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You betcha [lacrosse]! lock kids up from K-12th grade that's well over $50,000 per kid to the queen bee

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is he not coaching a 91 team, where he has a financial interest? This must confirm to the girls lax community that if one of the 91 directors doesn’t believe in his own organization they must not be a worthwhile club to join, he would not even have his own daughter play there?. Kind of a slap in the face to the 91 girls program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm hoping so. I've got a 1st grader I drag to every tournament on the east coast. Might as well throw her [lacrosse] out on the field instead of her picking weeds and digging in the dirt ;-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm hoping so. I've got a 1st grader I drag to every tournament on the east coast. Might as well throw her [lacrosse] out on the field instead of her picking weeds and digging in the dirt ;-)

if you want to make a $2,000 donation, give it to charity at this time of year,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is he not coaching a 91 team, where he has a financial interest? This must confirm to the girls lax community that if one of the 91 directors doesn’t believe in his own organization they must not be a worthwhile club to join, he would not even have his own daughter play there?. Kind of a slap in the face to the 91 girls program.

Maybe 91 is purchasing YJ and he wants to see how the whole program works. Then CR can go and take the ND coaching job .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or 91 doesn't have that age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 is his brother's program - not sure he has a financial interest other than as a coach on the boys side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 is his brother's program - not sure he has a financial interest other than as a coach on the boys side.

He coaches 2 91 programs, and yes brother is ceo. Still, why not give the girls side a boost by coaching there. A well respected coach would have boosted that program. Says alot that he wouldn't have his own daughter play there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think it says anything at all. He's a D1 coach. He's got a lot of relationships with varsity coaches, specifically, the ones who run YJ. If you're recruiting D1 players from Long Island, let's be honest, first stop is Yellow Jackets.

With so many girls programs popping up I'm sure he wants to coach the best team possible. Yellow Jackets is the most established program with the best draw of talent. The man now coaches 6 lacrosse teams, I'm sure he doesn't have the time to spare to recruit for a 3rd grade team- especially when YJ well give him a solid team to start with. It makes perfect sense to me.

My daughter played against 91 2023 this summer. Good players and solid coaching. In fact I'll say excellent coaching. They're doing fine and their program is only going to get better. Don't underestimate them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of his college recruits come from YJ. Would be a bigger slap in the face to not have his kid play with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't. They have a 3/4 combo team which is a B team. YJ put together a 2025 A team, a 2024 A team and made a combo 2024/25 B team.

Who else has a 2025 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't. They have a 3/4 combo team which is a B team. YJ put together a 2025 A team, a 2024 A team and made a combo 2024/25 B team.

This is the first year YJ has a 3rd grade team. I'm sure 91 would have been happy to create one too. The 91 girls program is looked at as sub-par. This has just been confirmed. Would never have my daughter there after seeing this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the bigger question is who are they going to play? other than fledgling PAL teams which travel clubs LI , Md. NJ have a 2025 team? i dont think any.

This is the first year YJ has a 3rd grade team. I'm sure 91 would have been happy to create one too. The 91 girls program is looked at as sub-par. This has just been confirmed. Would never have my daughter there after seeing this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[u]I think the bigger question is who are they going to play? other than fledgling PAL teams which travel clubs LI , Md. NJ have a 2025 team? i dont think any.

[/u]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Not a director, just a coach. He also coaches the boys 2025 team (his daughter plays on it and so does the 2025 YJ goalie).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard