BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
Re: Spring Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No what HS teams did well?

None, too many teams missing too many players. Not a good environment to judge a Team. Close to home and if you are not on the recruiting trail it is fine.

Not a bad day of lacrosse but they really need to stop billing this as a top recruiting event. Just call it a "Tournament". Not very competitive and very few college coaches in attendance.

Strange comment. Did you see the list of teams there? And well over 100 college coaches there.

Not strange at all. Just pointing out that it is not indicative of most HS Teams. Many of the teams are missing players and many of the kids have been playing a fall sport. None of the teams did "well" relative to where they will be in the spring.

for the 17's who are still trying to find a home and for the 18's in the middle of the recruiting process and certainly for the 19's this is not a "premier recruiting event". That is how the organizers market this tournament.

There is nothing wrong with the event but to say that it is a big time recruiting tournament is misleading.

My son got about good 10 calls from this event last year. He eventually chose another school, but it was a very good recruiting even for us.

What grade was he in at the time, and were the calls a result of the individual event?

10th. The regular HS games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to break it to you all but an asst coach at Farmingdale will make probably half of what a HS coach makes. Then they have to travel and work like crazy. Most people go the asst route when they are building a resume that's whay all these college teams have 5 or more assts

Hate to break it to you, but the lure of the job isn't the salary. It is the access to the facilities for his club. The club and the clinics is where the cash is at. But obviously you are a short sighted fool so you can't see that.

Doesn't the head coach have another travel club affiliation? Will he let his asst have the access he is looking for to support the competition?

I am sure there is common thread between the two clubs. Otherwise the two coaches wouldn't be coaching together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
158 coaches. Not a great turnout at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. When are college coaches able to contact players? I though it wasn't until Jr year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. When are college coaches able to contact players? I though it wasn't until Jr year.

The game is simple. The college coach contacts the HS or club coach and asks him to pass along his phone number to the player/parent to call the college coach. There is no rule against kid/parent contacting the college coach. Also, they will contact kids via e-mail. They send an e-mail in which they write "we are unable to contact you about recruiting...." attached will be a questionnaire with a special code.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the dominance of Wantagh, Manhasset and GC continue on the girls side? Does anyone else have even a punchers chance?

Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the dominance of Wantagh, Manhasset and GC continue on the girls side? Does anyone else have even a punchers chance?

You're referring to inside Nassau County only I assume.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're referring to inside Nassau County only I assume.

no, westchester

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go watch the Danowski "Parents are crazy you tube video from laxcon"

Says some interesting things-
Fall tournaments are a joke, kids are freezing and everyone is just showing off
They practice 350 days and only play games 15 days
Lacrosse is the #1 sport for recreational drug use
Final 4 TV and game attendance is plummeting
Said he never got a video of a goalie letting one in
Never got a video of a lost draw
Says parents are insane with staying to watch practices
social media can kill careers and programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is so interesting?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not very flattering news or thoughts on the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, how did things get settled regarding the head coach job in Sayville boys? Curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, how did things get settled regarding the head coach job in Sayville boys? Curious.

Head Coach was not asked to return. The Assistant Coach will be taking over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The JV coach is taking over at Sayville. Since my kids compete against Sayville, I couldn't be happier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And he and other coaches are recruiting 12 and 13 year olds, driving much of the insanity. Why doesn't he start the process of "cleaning up" the situation. His hypocrisy is what is most interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And he and other coaches are recruiting 12 and 13 year olds, driving much of the insanity. Why doesn't he start the process of "cleaning up" the situation. His hypocrisy is what is most interesting.

100% correct. He complains about the problem that he helped to create.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The JV coach is taking over at Sayville. Since my kids compete against Sayville, I couldn't be happier.

Says the unhappy Sayville parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, just an Islip Dad who knows some Sayville lax people. The true lax people in Sayville loved coach Dollar, the pretenders didn't like his style. Soft, weak parents with sheltered kids who couldn't cut it without Mommas help. You get what you deserve.
Says the unhappy Sayville parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So, how did things get settled regarding the head coach job in Sayville boys? Curious.

Nope, just an Islip Dad who knows some Sayville lax people. The true lax people in Sayville loved coach Dollar, the pretenders didn't like his style. Soft, weak parents with sheltered kids who couldn't cut it without Mommas help. You get what you deserve.

Let's hope so. You're not from Islip, but if you were, you would only have the side of coach's camp. That happens to be the side with less facts. Besides, since when does SAyville need a good coach to beat Islip??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So, how did things get settled regarding the head coach job in Sayville boys? Curious.

Let's hope so. You're not from Islip, but if you were, you would only have the side of coach's camp. That happens to be the side with less facts. Besides, since when does SAyville need a good coach to beat Islip??

Didn't know there were sides to the removal of the coach. I was told administration didn't like the coach and parents embarrassed them at a board meeting. So the coach got the axe. I'm assume you have a different version of the truth but I don't care. Looking forward to kicking some soft Sayville butt this season. BTW, my buddy said they won't make it to the county championship like last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville may not make playoffs. Their wont even have any all-county players on the team this season when they vote on the awards at the end. Sayville is officially a non-issue in Suffolk County.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville would win more than the lose with me coaching them. Give the boys some credit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will MC girls lacrosse be/ I think West Islip will have a good shot and wardmelville will have a good shot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO WILL WIN SUFFOLK GIRLS MELVILLE,NORTHPORT,WI,MC, SMITHEAST,SMITHWEST

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the WM coach can stay out of the way and let the kids play they should have a good season. She's clueless when it comes to any aspect of coaching high school girls. Team management, X's and O's, who and where to play kids are completely lost on her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville would win more than the lose with me coaching them. Give the boys some credit

So now the bar is set so low that winning more than losing is okay?
Good luck you soft Sayville losers. Islip has tougher kids, bigger hearts and supportive
parents. We will beat Sayville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The boys lacrosse program at sayville is done! The mentality that the team played with was a tough, aggressive,confident, winning mentality that was projected from the head coach. That guy was everywhere for his program and I KNOW the parents and players loved the guy. I know there is one poster on here that will completely disagree but he don't even have a kid on the program. If he did he would upset at what the boe has done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck you soft Sayville losers. Islip has tougher kids, bigger hearts and supportive

Keep dreaming. That's funny an Islip guy calling Sayvile people losers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI and MC should be tough. Maybe Northport. Should be a good year, I don't think anyone is the clear favorite this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville Dad here. Every program around us has been getting stronger and I have to
believe we will take a step backwards. FWIW, I still can't figure out why coach Doller wasn't brought back. It's truly baffling and I don't think administration should make
personnel decisions without providing reasons for major changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville Dad here. Every program around us has been getting stronger and I have to
believe we will take a step backwards. FWIW, I still can't figure out why coach Doller wasn't brought back. It's truly baffling and I don't think administration should make

It's against policy to comment on personnel issues (zero accountability) until elections. I agree, we should be made aware why decisions are being made, especially under these circumstances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's against policy to comment on personnel issues (zero accountability) until elections. I agree, we should be made aware why decisions are being made, especially under these circumstances.

It's also illegal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have been over this many times. Parents stood up for the lax program last February and made them loom bad. The coach was fired bc he let the parents know what was going on. So the coach that started the program and has directed for 15+ years was fired. Correct, the lax community will speak up come election time. They will be picked off one at a time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't been on this board in weeks and holy sh*t, we are still talking about Sayville?? Geez.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You new here...

Better than SWR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't been on this board in weeks and holy sh*t, we are still talking about Sayville?? Geez.

We were looking forward to our son playing for coach Doller, now because of some hurt feelings or bruised egos that will not happen. BOE should not allow ego or emotion to enter decision making process. Can anyone really declare the best guy for the job will be coaching our team this year? Glad someone stepped in but the JV coach is absolutely not an upgrade to coach Doller. So then why make the change? I will ask at the next BOE meeting and its not a "personnel" query.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
care factor about Sayville? ZERO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
care factor about Sayville? ZERO

Idiot, your post raises the care factor up from zero. Sayville people care, many Suffolk lax people care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
been meaning to ask, is the moderator checking to see if the poster name for this thread (A Holl) really something else if you spell it hole?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were looking forward to our son playing for coach Doller, now because of some hurt feelings or bruised egos that will not happen. BOE should not allow ego or emotion to enter decision making process. Can anyone really declare the best guy for the job will be coaching our team this year? Glad someone stepped in but the JV coach is absolutely not an upgrade to coach Doller. So then why make the change? I will ask at the next BOE meeting and its not a "personnel" query.

Good lord, let it go. No one has said anything in his defense at a board meeting yet. You're definitely not going to start now, after all is said and done. The board had numerous reasons for their decision. The program will be just fine. It's about the kids, not the coach (at least it has been in Sayville, historically).

Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard