BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2017-11th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The HS team should always come first. Always.

Would have been interesting if those boys played for Express. Would Chaminade have still entered a tournament and have the kids no show for Express?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Coach. HS team should always come first in the Spring. NEVER, EVER, in the summer. That's the kid's time, and the family time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just still don't understand why the club took it 10 steps further by ridding itself of any players thought to be associated with Chaminade? There is a dispute on a 2017 team so some innocent kid on a younger team whose brother or cousin goes to Chaminade suddenly gets cut? I thought the organization was all about the kids, developing "studletes" etc? If they had a beef with that team that is one thing. Take it up with the Chaminade coach, the involved players and their parents. Instead the club took it much further, over reacted and, in my view, hurt many innocent players in their program just to settle a score with Chaminade.....and that is where their credibility and integrity goes out the window. You don't settle a dispute by inflicting unnecessary pain on kids who have nothing to do with it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion , but I think that was really low brow stuff,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just still don't understand why the club took it 10 steps further by ridding itself of any players thought to be associated with Chaminade? There is a dispute on a 2017 team so some innocent kid on a younger team whose brother or cousin goes to Chaminade suddenly gets cut? I thought the organization was all about the kids, developing "studletes" etc? If they had a beef with that team that is one thing. Take it up with the Chaminade coach, the involved players and their parents. Instead the club took it much further, over reacted and, in my view, hurt many innocent players in their program just to settle a score with Chaminade.....and that is where their credibility and integrity goes out the window. You don't settle a dispute by inflicting unnecessary pain on kids who have nothing to do with it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion , but I think that was really low brow stuff,

Don't bother opining if you don't know what happened. This happened with the 2016 boys who played for Chaminade and fl$. The 2017 and younger boys continued to play for fl$ without incident. None of the 2017, 2018, 2019 boys were cut from fl$ After the summer season was over, the Chaminade coach told all the the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Chaminade kids not not to play for fl$. Note that the Chaminade cooach has a financial interst in the LI Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't make you look petty if 9 boys on a team (or their parents) decide the week of the tournament not to show up. That leaves 12-15 boys for a tournament playing 3 games in 90-100 degree heat.

Now it's the heat's fault.

Keep up you idiot. A commenter called it petty to be upset that a poster's sons team was left short. No much how much effort a player puts forth, they will be out of gas playing with 15 boys in the summer heat over the course of a weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't bother opining if you don't know what happened. This happened with the 2016 boys who played for Chaminade and fl$. The 2017 and younger boys continued to play for fl$ without incident. None of the 2017, 2018, 2019 boys were cut from fl$ After the summer season was over, the Chaminade coach told all the the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Chaminade kids not not to play for fl$. Note that the Chaminade cooach has a financial interst in the LI Express.

So you are saying there will be plenty of Chaminade kids playing for fl$ next summer? I look forward to seeing that. Let's check back in a few months and see if you are still so sure of yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't make you look petty if 9 boys on a team (or their parents) decide the week of the tournament not to show up. That leaves 12-15 boys for a tournament playing 3 games in 90-100 degree heat.

Now it's the heat's fault.

Keep up you idiot. A commenter called it petty to be upset that a poster's sons team was left short. No much how much effort a player puts forth, they will be out of gas playing with 15 boys in the summer heat over the course of a weekend.

I 100% agree with this. It happened to my son's team this summer. We had 4 middies, and they were completely gassed by the second game, and non of the boys showed well in front of college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Coach. HS team should always come first in the Spring. NEVER, EVER, in the summer. That's the kid's time, and the family time.

I'm not a coach. I'm a dad. In our area, the HS always comes first. Those are the kids you go to school with. The clubs down here always try to schedule around the HS focused tournaments, but everyone understands that the HS comes first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a coach. I'm a dad. In our area, the HS always comes first. Those are the kids you go to school with. The clubs down here always try to schedule around the HS focused tournaments, but everyone understands that the HS comes first.

So it's OK in the summer , for 4 or 5 of your best players to not come to your club team showcase because their HS decided to do something last minut? Is that fair to the other 20 players on club team? I think it's unfair of HS coaches to expect that in the summer. The reality is , most of the HS coaches are competing for same dollar as the other clubs. It's a blatant conflict and no one will ever address it. You think its OK for a HS coach to dictate what club your kid plays for? I certainly don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't really matter. That team is not very good.

It doesn't matter what the season is. The HS team should always come before the club team.

That team was mostly Chaminade boys. Maybe honoring your committment doesn't matter at Chaminade.

1. Why do you have an issue with that?
2. How does that impact you or your family?
3. Why does it bother you what people do with their money, time and children?

Not the person quoted, but here is its impact on my son:

1) When the whole team is not at a given tournament, it affects the team's performance. Not least of which is to potentially leave the team without its goalie.
2) When the team does not perform well, college coaches do not show up or do not focus on my son's team.
3) When the coaches don't show up or focus, my son doesn't get as much of an opportunity to be seen.

Why does it bother me that people will back out of their commitment to a team, because I spent money (as well as 24 other families) on the premise of the team expressing a certain level of quality and therefore opportunity for my son to be seen. So the decision made by the parents affected my son not just their son.

I know we are in this whatever is best for my son/daughter world, but I was always raised to believe that if you joined a team you were committed to fully participate on that team (practices and tournaments). The tournament schedule was know well in advance by all parents and athletes and the Chaminade games came up out of the blue. All of the parents had signed up for the tournaments leaving every other player under the impression that they would show up.

Very motivational , but mostly BS. If your Fogo doesn't show and you never have the ball, you can dig as deep as you want , but won't be great day for your attack squad. Being short 3 middies , will not allow you to play at your best. HS comes first , when they handle it properly. HS coaches should not be making money off kids in the summer. I'm very surprised these private schools allow this.

1. There is rarely a time every single player shows up for a summer tournament. Coaches, parents and players know this and great players never rely on other players to "make the team look good". They step it up and play harder.

2. When the team doesn't play well, it's nobody's fault but the team who played. Again, that just means that the players who were there need to step it up and play harder.

3. A player who steps it up and plays hard will be noticed by coaches. It won't matter whether their team won or lost games in a tournament.

Placing blame on things you can't control only makes you look petty. If you want your son to be noticed, encourage him to focus on HIS strengths and HIS weaknesses. Lead by example. You're sending a message to your son that someone else has power over his fate. Nobody controls how well your son plays but HIMSELF. I have seen tournaments where the really great players on a team were purposely asked not to play by their coach, and the other kids who were good/very good players had to step it up. Guess what? They did it. Do you know why? Because they had the fortitude to step it up and dig deep and work their butts off.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So it's OK in the summer , for 4 or 5 of your best players to not come to your club team showcase because their HS decided to do something last minut? Is that fair to the other 20 players on club team? I think it's unfair of HS coaches to expect that in the summer. The reality is , most of the HS coaches are competing for same dollar as the other clubs. It's a blatant conflict and no one will ever address it. You think its OK for a HS coach to dictate what club your kid plays for? I certainly don't.

I never said that. Our coach doesn't dictate which clubs his kids play for, and I don't think anyone would support that.

You need to chill out. Some kids decided to play for their HS over the club. You'll get over it. Your son already has.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying there will be plenty of Chaminade kids playing for fl$ next summer? I look forward to seeing that. Let's check back in a few months and see if you are still so sure of yourself.

If you had some reading comprehension, you would understand that I am saying there will likely be none playing for fl$ next summer.....because of the Chaminade coaches' veiled threat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Complete conflict of interest. Where is the distinction between "High School Team" and "Pay to Play for profit HS/Town Team"? Are they now considered one and the same?

In addition to the evident conflict of interest there is now a degree of negligence. Over the past few years the fall and summer lacrosse tournament circuit has change. College Coaches are recruiting earlier and they are doing their recruiting at the events that have the Top Club Teams competing. Anyone who is advising, telling, asking, coercing etc... strong players to forgo playing for a Top Club Team does not have the players best interest in mind.

The Top Club Teams play in the most competitive tournaments and attract the most college coaches. When the kids are younger (pre recruiting) it is about competing against the best in order to improve. Once recruiting begins playing in front of the most coaches in competitive situations becomes important as well. Once committed, the players future college coaches will want the player to continue to develop and play against the best competition possible.

I have never heard of anyone prioritizing Club Team ahead of School Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something about this reminds me of an email from Mike Winkoff. What was is again...

"An fl$ Philosophy since our inception at fl$ Lacrosse is to make sure all our families realize that your community comes first."

"Your son or daughter should make sure their town, middle school or high school team is their first lacrosse priority."

.....blah,blah,blah bulls**t

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something about this reminds me of an email from Mike Winkoff. What was is again...

"An fl$ Philosophy since our inception at fl$ Lacrosse is to make sure all our families realize that your community comes first."

"Your son or daughter should make sure their town, middle school or high school team is their first lacrosse priority."

.....blah,blah,blah bulls**t

You might, for full disclosure, include the words ".....during the school season" instead of blah blah blah.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need to get the facts straight. The HS team did not schedule something last minute. They play in that tourney every year. I know this because I had several of the players on my team as well so I knew well in advance that there was a conflict so I did not schedule anything that weekend because I knew those kids would choose attending their school team event over the summer team. fl$ knew of the conflict before the season so they had the option to pass and not select those kids to play for them but they did because they are really good players and fl$ is all about winning. Now they want to blame kids "KIDS" for choosing their HS team over their tourney. fl$ says they are the best. Can't win missing a few kids. They carry 25 -30 kids on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok. this topic has finally caused my eyes to glaze over.............who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never a truer statement has been said! Who cares!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not just chaminade kids - it's any kid that chooses a school team over them - then they try to go hurt the kid in the recruiting process by making threats meanwhile they have 0 negative affect on the kid bc the college coach won't listen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not just chaminade kids - it's any kid that chooses a school team over them - then they try to go hurt the kid in the recruiting process by making threats meanwhile they have 0 negative affect on the kid bc the college coach won't listen

It's "effect" not "affect." May want to improve your grammar before moving onto college son and forget about trashing anyone or any team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's "effect" not "affect." May want to improve your grammar before moving onto college son and forget about trashing anyone or any team.

Your sentence should read, "May want to improve your grammar before moving onto college, son, and forget about trashing anyone or any team."

You should work on your punctuation skills, or lack therof. Son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your sentence should read, "May want to improve your grammar before moving onto college, son, and forget about trashing anyone or any team."

You should work on your punctuation skills, or lack therof. Son.

Must be the high quality Chaminade education

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you could all please fill out your Hurt Feelings Report, perhaps, we can agree that sometimes life isn't fair.

With respect to Summer Tourneys - any recommendations on Individual Tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on the 2016 fl$ team and was not one of the Chaminade boys. At one point this was an excellent team - one of the best in the country during the summer going into their Junior year. The tournament that the Chaminade boys did not make this past summer was brutal on the rest of the team. The heat index was well over 100 and at one point due to exhaustion and injury, they had ZERO subs. Think about what that heat must have been like for them under those helmets. As horrible as that was, my son would have gladly welcomed back his Chaminade friends and teamates that he had bonded with over prior few years for their very last tournament together. But, unfortunately, he was denied that privilege. Personally, I think the club should have let the non-Chaminade boys have a say in whether they should have been cut or not but the politics and egos of "adults" apparently forgot to ask my son for his opinion - a shame because it had been a great experience until the very end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you could all please fill out your Hurt Feelings Report, perhaps, we can agree that sometimes life isn't fair.

With respect to Summer Tourneys - any recommendations on Individual Tournaments?

Tournaments or showcases? What do his coaches say?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the funnier things I saw this weekend at Platinum Cup was the behavior of the parents of West Coast Starz 2017.

They have a pretty good team until we smashed them. But their parents is what I'll always remember from the game. Their kids are rising seniors, yet the parents are shouting instructions from the sidelines. Stuff like "keep them out", "slide!", etc.

Pretty funny stuff. I guess they haven't yet learned that the outcome of these games is not life or death, or that their behavior raises eyebrows from the coaches in attendance. Typical stuff from non hotbed parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like a total loser criticizing "non hot bed" parents. So what, they are enthusiastic and getting connected to the game that their boys are starting to play at a high level. And they might not have a high lax IQ on their own, but you are being a complete [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be one of those CA parents. I am not a Leading Edge parent whose team played them in the finals, but we played them on Saturday and they trounced us. Very good team. But I can echo the previous poster's comments. Even while they were beating us soundly, the parents acted like clowns. Everyone cheers for their kids, but who yells out instructions from the sidelines, especially when you are up big?

It was like listening to U11 parents. You would think they would have learned by now. I'm glad to hear they lost in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be one of those CA parents. I am not a Leading Edge parent whose team played them in the finals, but we played them on Saturday and they trounced us. Very good team. But I can echo the previous poster's comments. Even while they were beating us soundly, the parents acted like clowns. Everyone cheers for their kids, but who yells out instructions from the sidelines, especially when you are up big?

It was like listening to U11 parents. You would think they would have learned by now. I'm glad to hear they lost in the finals.

Perhaps no one told them that they were at a "recruiting tournament"???? The Coaches are watching the parents behavior as well. On another note, many of the top players from the East Coast no longer play travel. Once committed they play elsewhere. While WCS is a very good team, they aren't really playing teams full of the best talent out here. I would bet that the overwhelming majority of committed East Coast 2017's aren't playing for a club team. See the Turtles... With that said, I imagine it's exciting for the parents to see their kids beat these East Coast teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny because the behavior of the Leading Edge 2017 parents on Saturday was very entertaining & a bit embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny because the behavior of the Leading Edge 2017 parents on Saturday was very entertaining & a bit embarrassing.

Two sets of LE parents ganged up pretty badly on a ref. Ref lost his cool. Was giving it right back to them. Very poor behavior on both parts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two sets of LE parents ganged up pretty badly on a ref. Ref lost his cool. Was giving it right back to them. Very poor behavior on both parts.
Leading Edge 2017s won Adreanline Pplatinum Cup championship 2 years in a row and Big 4 this year. Best team out there last 2 years. And committed kids were all playing club last year so get rid of thast lame excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge 2017s won Adreanline Pplatinum Cup championship 2 years in a row and Big 4 this year. Best team out there last 2 years. And committed kids were all playing club last year so get rid of thast lame excuse.

but 91 had them on the ropes in both tourney's (tied and lost by one) could've gone either way but 91 just had no bench depth that weekend with NYS HS championships and ACT exams.

will matched teams in any case. LE has an impressive squad for sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what town(s) the Long Island Warhawks are from ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge won the Big4/HHH tourney this past weekend. Extremely deep and talented team...parents aside......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge has a good team and winning two tournaments in a row is impressive. But they have not been the best 2017 the past two years. Both Turtles and Crabs were more impressive last year.

At this point, most 2017 teams are just limping along because so many committed kids have quit playing club lacrosse.

But agreed that LE has some nightmare parents. It really doesn't matter who wins these games or tournaments. That's not the point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge has a good team and winning two tournaments in a row is impressive. But they have not been the best 2017 the past two years. Both Turtles and Crabs were more impressive last year.

At this point, most 2017 teams are just limping along because so many committed kids have quit playing club lacrosse.

But agreed that LE has some nightmare parents. It really doesn't matter who wins these games or tournaments. That's not the point.

In last years cup, LE spanked turtles and team 91 destroyed Crabs. The two met in the finals (team 91 beat LE in pool play) and LE took the win in a hard played game.

Turtles and crabs not visible in tourneys that mattered last year. Not impressive at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year LE won Adrenaline (and this year) plus two other tournaments. Did better than Turtles and Crabs last year. Not that it matters, but gets your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was Turtles v Crabs at Crabfeast last year. Leading Edge was nowhere to be found.

Funny how obsessed you guys are about titles. Some day you'll realize that nobody cares who wins these games. It's about kids getting better and getting recruited.

I heard you guys acted like clowns at Platinum Cup. Again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this Committed team at Crabfeast? Is that the Turtles?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard