BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The process is dirty and the kids are too young that's a fact.

What is dirty about it?

Coaches watch kids play, they like who they like and they recruit them.

If they like the kid enough they make an offer.

Nothing dirty

Early? Yes. Too early? maybe. Wrong? I don't know. It's right for some. Dirty? I don't think so.

How can it ever be right for a 13 year old? Maybe right for dad but the kids aren't ready

Really, 13? How many 13 year olds are being offered spots?

The process does start way too early.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is dirty about it?

Nothing dirty

Early? Yes. Too early? maybe. Wrong? I don't know. It's right for some. Dirty? I don't think so.

How can it ever be right for a 13 year old? Maybe right for dad but the kids aren't ready

The process does start way too early.

Who starts it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid can't verbally commit unless an offer is made. the coaches all indicate that they want to stop the early recruiting (proposed new rules to IWLCA), but no one will do it willingly as they're afraid to lose out on top recruits. It's a vicious cycle. I agree it's too early. It's too much pressure on these girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is dirty about it?

Nothing dirty

You think the 9th grade 14 year just gets offered on her 1st look? These nuts are looking at 7th and 8th graders and locking them up with verbals in 9th. IT"S INSANITY and its ruining the game, sidelines and friendships. Lets hope the changes go through so kids can be kids and everyone (most importantly the parents) can relax a little.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is dirty about it?

Nothing dirty

You think the 9th grade 14 year just gets offered on her 1st look? These nuts are looking at 7th and 8th graders and locking them up with verbals in 9th. IT"S INSANITY and its ruining the game, sidelines and friendships. Lets hope the changes go through so kids can be kids and everyone (most importantly the parents) can relax a little.

I agree it is crazy. But...

How is it ruining the game? Do you really think the sidelines will improve? Do you think the jealousy will go away? Do you think a rule is going to help anyone (especially the parents ) to relax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly. I mean good for her working hard and being talented etc, but ridiculous that dad is so proud that she is “... so strong. She’s already built better than (UFC fighter) Ronda Rousey as an eighth grader,” said John.

And btw, if she is the most talented softball player in the country, why wouldn't you wait until your daughter was a little older and could make an even more informed decision? The money would still be there for her. Promise.

Now Dad's everywhere are going to start their 12 year-olds dead lifting and squatting. Can they please be kids for just a little while longer???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reminds me of Todd Marinovich, whose father groomed him to be a QB. Hope this young lady doesn't follow in his footsteps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is dirty about it?

Nothing dirty

I agree it is crazy. But...

How is it ruining the game? Do you really think the sidelines will improve? Do you think the jealousy will go away? Do you think a rule is going to help anyone (especially the parents ) to relax?

Because ball hogs start in PAL because they need to be able to verbal in 8th grade. So any average or developing kid gets squeezed out of a great sport way too young by kids that are black holes on the field. We don't see any of this at volleyball, softball, soccer or basketball. Kids play those sports for fun nobody talks about "verbals" yet kids still end up getting some scholarships and all the parents cheer for all the kids and the team. Parents have their kids play lacrosse for scholarships like its a job.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With YJ rosters out, could TG not be far behind with theirs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because ball hogs start in PAL because they need to be able to verbal in 8th grade. So any average or developing kid gets squeezed out of a great sport way too young by kids that are black holes on the field. We don't see any of this at volleyball, softball, soccer or basketball. Kids play those sports for fun nobody talks about "verbals" yet kids still end up getting some scholarships and all the parents cheer for all the kids and the team. Parents have their kids play lacrosse for scholarships like its a job.

[/quote]

Don't disagree with a lot of what you said. But it is happening in many other sports as well. Soccer? definitely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL coaches are just as culpable, the win at all cost mindset that most of them have enable 2-3 girls to control the game and the rest never develop, but they win games...

Don't disagree with a lot of what you said. But it is happening in many other sports as well. Soccer? definitely. [/quote]

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
so true..nothing worse than the PAL lax dad coach who constantly yells for his little future Terp to "go to the goal" ...and the parents on the sidelines--in both PAL and travel who cant bring themselves to cheer for anyone else but their other-worldly talented brat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way in soccer. its impossible to hog the ball the same way in soccer. Some are playing premier top get recruited but come school game time they fit in like everyone else and share touches on the ball.

Go to cage, get defended, back out, reset, go to cage, get defended, back out, reset, go to cage, get defended, back out, and then pass to another travel player whether they are open or not.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No way in soccer. its impossible to hog the ball the same way in soccer. Some are playing premier top get recruited but come school game time they fit in like everyone else and share touches on the ball.

Go to cage, get defended, back out, reset, go to cage, get defended, back out, reset, go to cage, get defended, back out, and then pass to another travel player whether they are open or not.

Ture, but there are still those that think they can dribble through three defenders and who also believe any shot is theirs to take. But in general, your statement is true. You just can't possess the ball in soccer as you can in lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"We don't see any of this at volleyball, softball, soccer or basketball. Kids play those sports for fun nobody talks about "verbals" yet kids still end up getting some scholarships and all the parents cheer for all the kids and the team."

This is what I was referring to. You do see tons of talk about verbals in other sports. Soccer is a prime example. So while agree about the ability to possess the ball etc, the parental nuttiness is EVERYWHERE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"We don't see any of this at volleyball, softball, soccer or basketball. Kids play those sports for fun nobody talks about "verbals" yet kids still end up getting some scholarships and all the parents cheer for all the kids and the team."

This is what I was referring to. You do see tons of talk about verbals in other sports. Soccer is a prime example. So while agree about the ability to possess the ball etc, the parental nuttiness is EVERYWHERE!

Nuttiness yes, but no other sport is close to lax. Everyone else cheers for the team and not the individual. If your daughter is in 10th grade and an athlete I am sure she has played school volleyball, soccer or BBall already and you can't tell me the stands are the same as the spring Lax sideline. Lax parents don't care about anything but their own kid. Makes me want to scream

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think TG is done posting rosters for good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
so true..nothing worse than the PAL lax dad coach who constantly yells for his little future Terp to "go to the goal" ...and the parents on the sidelines--in both PAL and travel who cant bring themselves to cheer for anyone else but their other-worldly talented brat

That's what I don't get. People pay all this money to travel clubs and then you go to a club like Elevate and have a parent coach. My kid at Elevate plays for the same PAL coach we played against when she was in 5th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where did those TG players who left program end up on YJ ? Curious to see what level of play TG considered top falls into the YJ level. After all YJ is the top ,and very realistic on where your kid stands on performance

quote=Anonymous]

I think TG is done posting rosters for good [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ takes the cake on Daddy/PAL Coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where did those TG players who left program end up on YJ ? Curious to see what level of play TG considered top falls into the YJ level. After all YJ is the top ,and very realistic on where your kid stands on performance

quote=Anonymous]

[/quote]

3 that left from TG all made 2nd team YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is playing time equal on YJ top teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is playing time equal on YJ top teams?

In the blowouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nuttiness yes, but no other sport is close to lax. Everyone else cheers for the team and not the individual. If your daughter is in 10th grade and an athlete I am sure she has played school volleyball, soccer or BBall already and you can't tell me the stands are the same as the spring Lax sideline. Lax parents don't care about anything but their own kid. Makes me want to scream

I guess that's true. Don't really understand it. Our town isn't quite like that, but I think it's because we don't have too many top travel kids, so the team seems more tight knit and the parents actually seem generally pretty supportive of all. I definitely see it on the travel club circuit. Any thoughts on why lax is like that? I mean the few college coaches that I have gotten to know, look for many other things besides goal scoring. Off ball movement, creating lanes for teammates, hustle on the ride, defense, communication, leadership, passing, overall vision ... One well-respected coach told me as my daughter was going through the recruiting process that she of course wants talented kids, but she and her staff spend a lot of time thinking about personalities and chemistry when working through the recruiting puzzle. One would think that parents could grasp these things too and understand that there are many facets to a great athlete, and the very greatest make the players around them better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

quote=Anonymous]

3 that left from TG all made 2nd team YJ. [/quote]

That team went from rock solid two years ago, to sinking like a rock this past summer. If this fall season is any indication, its going to be a long, long 2016 summer season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

quote=Anonymous]

That team went from rock solid two years ago, to sinking like a rock this past summer. If this fall season is any indication, its going to be a long, long 2016 summer season.[/quote]

Are you referring to TG or YJ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the white a 2nd YJ team?

quote=Anonymous]

3 that left from TG all made 2nd team YJ. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that's true. Don't really understand it. Our town isn't quite like that, but I think it's because we don't have too many top travel kids, so the team seems more tight knit and the parents actually seem generally pretty supportive of all. I definitely see it on the travel club circuit. Any thoughts on why lax is like that? I mean the few college coaches that I have gotten to know, look for many other things besides goal scoring. Off ball movement, creating lanes for teammates, hustle on the ride, defense, communication, leadership, passing, overall vision ... One well-respected coach told me as my daughter was going through the recruiting process that she of course wants talented kids, but she and her staff spend a lot of time thinking about personalities and chemistry when working through the recruiting puzzle. One would think that parents could grasp these things too and understand that there are many facets to a great athlete, and the very greatest make the players around them better.

Sounds great in coach speak but all coaches think they can coach a goal scorer to pass but can't turn some athletic players into goal scorers so the hogs win more than they lose during the recruiting process. And I agree lacrosse sidelines with the parents is the worst in HS sports but after being through it already I can tell you those "bad" parents don't care. They are only there for their kid and they don't care if you like them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

quote=Anonymous]

That team went from rock solid two years ago, to sinking like a rock this past summer. If this fall season is any indication, its going to be a long, long 2016 summer season.

Are you referring to TG or YJ? [/quote]

It is the TG team that has withered away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume you are talking about TG 2018 Purple...I believe the Black team at 2018 is a pretty solid team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sinking like a rock last summer ?

I may be wrong but I believe they lost 2 games last summer

YJ Blue at U15 and Skywalkers Blue at Capitol Cup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate is notorious for that Dave is know cheap and doesn't spend the money for real coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do urself and your child a favor and stay away from elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave is a god on this site.you cannot bash him!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Dave is a god on this site.you cannot bash him!

PLEASEEEEE!! The only god on this site is a goddess.. ME!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke! Dave is no God . He is one of the worst representatives of Long Island lacrosse. There is nothing godly or positive I can say about him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow so much hate on this guy. It's my second year with elevate and I think Dave is a great coach and mentor for the girls. I feel a lot of hate is parents who's kid were cut or put down on b team. If my daughter was put down say next year I will still stay. Yeah a little expensive but it's about getting your daughter better and having fun. And I believe elevate does that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave can be a great guy or a complete son of a b#%* and can viciously turn on a dime. I've seen it happen way more than once with him.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard