BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't even sound like sports. Sounds like a talent show or a body building contest. But if your daughter is enjoying that's what counts ultimately.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've been involved with the lax recruiting craziness for several years but my little laxer just signed her NLI last week so hopefully I'm done. But, I will offer a little perspective if you will allow me.
For my daughter's club team, I was the person that gave out the flyers to the college coaches. I've done it since the fall of 2013, and I've met and talked to over 100 coaches. I've asked about 100 of them if they knew the score of the game they were watching, because with my duties I couldn't keep track or see the little scores across the field. 99.99% did not know the score. 99.99% of the parents did. The coaches are there to watch the girls they are recruiting, not really the game as a whole. I'm sure they get a "feel" for the score or who is ahead, but it's mostly irrelevant to them. For the most part, parents "get it", and know that the important thing is how the girls play and perform. There are some club's parents out there that seem to live and die with the team's successes or failures (YJ), like it's the superbowl. Everyone wants to win, but as the girls get into the recruiting zone, winning and losing becomes a LOT less important and on-field performance takes precedent (except to YJ).
I've been involved with the lax recruiting craziness for several years but my little laxer just signed her NLI last week so hopefully I'm done. But, I will offer a little perspective if you will allow me.
For my daughter's club team, I was the person that gave out the flyers to the college coaches. I've done it since the fall of 2013, and I've met and talked to over 100 coaches. I've asked about 100 of them if they knew the score of the game they were watching, because with my duties I couldn't keep track or see the little scores across the field. 99.99% did not know the score. 99.99% of the parents did. The coaches are there to watch the girls they are recruiting, not really the game as a whole. I'm sure they get a "feel" for the score or who is ahead, but it's mostly irrelevant to them. For the most part, parents "get it", and know that the important thing is how the girls play and perform. There are some club's parents out there that seem to live and die with the team's successes or failures (YJ), like it's the superbowl. Everyone wants to win, but as the girls get into the recruiting zone, winning and losing becomes a LOT less important and on-field performance takes precedent (except to YJ).

You are once again mixing issues up. The fact that college coaches don't care what the score is is irrelelavent. That is true in all sports. They r recruiting individuals, not teams. So what? Therefore the players shouldn't care about the outcome? That's ridiculous. And quite frankly, women's lax is a little immature in its evaluation technique btw. I would advise coaches to think a little bit about the situations in games. Because ultimately they will make better recruiting decisions on kids if they are in the competitive context of a game. Which girl wants to take the game winning shot for example? Who makes the key plays in the key moments? It's what everyone missed w Tom Brady for example. Maybe they should start caring about the context of the game? Another discussion I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are once again mixing issues up. The fact that college coaches don't care what the score is is irrelelavent. That is true in all sports. They r recruiting individuals, not teams. So what? Therefore the players shouldn't care about the outcome? That's ridiculous. And quite frankly, women's lax is a little immature in its evaluation technique btw. I would advise coaches to think a little bit about the situations in games. Because ultimately they will make better recruiting decisions on kids if they are in the competitive context of a game. Which girl wants to take the game winning shot for example? Who makes the key plays in the key moments? It's what everyone missed w Tom Brady for example. Maybe they should start caring about the context of the game? Another discussion I guess.

I'm sure college coaches appreciate your recommendation on what they should be looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure college coaches appreciate your recommendation on what they should be looking for.

So you disagree w the statement? Typical jackass non response. Do you believe that the context of the game can reveal something about a player or not? I do. How about you, jackass?

And do you really think that women's college lacrosse coaches are the pinnacle of coaching, and that there are not things that they can do better? If it is true that they care nothing about the context of games and how players play under different situations, then they have a lot to learn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The colleges flock to the teams that they know are in the top of their class. I.e. Won the most games. Winning is importantant but maybe not in that particular game that they come to watch.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 2019 YJ commit, must be contagious. This time Navy, though I thought there was much more to the admissions process at the academy's - not sure how it works for athletes. Congrats to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if that 14 yr old girl truly understands the dedication and commitment it takes to not only be a Cadet but a naval officer for 7 yrs. Hope so. Good luck to her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The colleges flock to the teams that they know are in the top of their class. I.e. Won the most games. Winning is importantant but maybe not in that particular game that they come to watch.

True. Looks to be the model that MnD follows - win in middle school. Have the "brand" - coaches will come. Repeat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. Looks to be the model that MnD follows - win in middle school. Have the "brand" - coaches will come. Repeat.

Then send kids to college for basket weaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then send kids to college for basket weaving.

Why basket weaving? And MRS major is more lucrative.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's lunacy! parents should be brought up on negligence charges. conscripting a 14 year old?? absurd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another umd commit from heros

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's that, two?
Wow. Coach Reese will be done with her 2019 class by spring. I wonder when the other programs will start going into "panic mode" and start pressuring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the IWLCA proposals don't get adopted by the NCAA, will their tournaments start having 9th grade divisions? There are so many committed girls playing in even the fall sophomore tournaments. Seems like the race to the bottom will continue and these tournaments will follow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's that, two?
Wow. Coach Reese will be done with her 2019 class by spring. I wonder when the other programs will start going into "panic mode" and start pressuring.
colleges may move quickly on 2019s before the impending IWCLA proposals may pass so the best players can be locked down and grandfathered if the rules go in effect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "grandfathering" notion is interesting. It would be strange to have committed girls unable to communicate on campus w coaches. Wonder what the proposal is for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have any knowledge, as opposed to speculation, as to the earliest time that the new proposal will actually be considered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have any knowledge, as opposed to speculation, as to the earliest time that the new proposal will actually be considered?

Earliest will be 2017

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be no "grandfathering" as neither the NCAA or the institutions recognize verbals as anything more than a conversation with a coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Earliest will be 2017

If it's the fall of 2017 - the 2019's don't have to worry about it. In fact it should be a non-issue for the 2019's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The more rules you put in place the more rules will be broken. Wake up people. There should be no restrictions on contacts. If parents and coaches want to communicate let it be. If a kid commits early so be it. There are plenty of spots in college womens lacrosse. Putting rules on it closes the curtain and causes all the rumor nonsense going on currently. Do you really think there will be no contact because some rule says so???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this new rule is voted on and put in place it will start right away and there will not be any grandfathering period. All verbals will be just what they are a conversation that doesn't mean anything anymore. The process will start all over when the NCAA says it can .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this new rule is voted on and put in place it will start right away and there will not be any grandfathering period. All verbals will be just what they are a conversation that doesn't mean anything anymore. The process will start all over when the NCAA says it can .

Um, that makes no sense. All the "verbals" will remain what they r, a handshake agreement. The process will not start all over when the NCAA says it can. The NCAA doesn't recognize the verbals now and they generally hold. Nothing will change for the already committed kids, other than they will not be allowed drect communication w coaches until junior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The more rules you put in place the more rules will be broken. Wake up people. There should be no restrictions on contacts. If parents and coaches want to communicate let it be. If a kid commits early so be it. There are plenty of spots in college womens lacrosse. Putting rules on it closes the curtain and causes all the rumor nonsense going on currently. Do you really think there will be no contact because some rule says so???

Absolutely right. The NCAA needs to put some accountability where it belongs , on the coaches make the early verbal binding and limit the amount for each class.Do away with 50 player rosters this way when an early doesn't work out it is felt by the program. In this current recruiting climate a coach can scoop up all the "9th grade talent" without any care as to how the student athlete will develop over the next 3. Yrs. Their philosophy to bring in 12 - 15 recruits a class and hope 4 or 5 pan out because they have 50 player rosters may end if the NCAA can figure a way to limit the amount of recruits. Under the current trend the only ones that can lose are the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These proposals change nothing if accepted. You will have more closed window communication for juniors for a 2 week period in August and a couple days around holidays. Tournaments and recruiting events will still run the same. And the direct communication Sept 1st is basically the same as it is. Only change is the coaches will not want clubs to list verbal's, which are nothing anyway, and will now just be withheld from public posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely right. The NCAA needs to put some accountability where it belongs , on the coaches make the early verbal binding and limit the amount for each class.Do away with 50 player rosters this way when an early doesn't work out it is felt by the program. In this current recruiting climate a coach can scoop up all the "9th grade talent" without any care as to how the student athlete will develop over the next 3. Yrs. Their philosophy to bring in 12 - 15 recruits a class and hope 4 or 5 pan out because they have 50 player rosters may end if the NCAA can figure a way to limit the amount of recruits. Under the current trend the only ones that can lose are the girls.

Explain to us how the girls can lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop spewing crap when you don't really know the answer. The coaches are very clear that the verbals will stick if this proposal goes through, except for normal issues like grades or something bad a kid does. Those provisions have nothing to do with this proposal. My daughter is committed and the coaches have been crystal clear about this when asked, including the coach at Penn who co-chairs the committee for this proposal. Facts not B.S. or speculation please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All 50 girl rosters does is water down everyones award and protect the coach on bad recruits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the verbal will stand between coach and player but the will still have to abide by the no contact rule as proposed. Fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Explain ? Really ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the verbal will stand between coach and player but the will still have to abide by the no contact rule as proposed. Fact
Agree, no one is debating this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Explain ? Really ?

Yes, really.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard of any 2019 goalie commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard of any 2019 goalie commits?

Just SkyWalkers blue goalie to Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 commits keep coming. Several top teams have filled half their classes already. Congrats to the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 commits keep coming. Several top teams have filled half their classes already. Congrats to the girls.

I call BS on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS on that.
Second

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1/2 way sounds about right. northwestern just got a 2019 commit from my daughters club team. they told the family they have 4 at this point. does anyone have any hard info. on whether some of these top 10 have policies of not making the info public? clearly not UNC or MD, but what about the others??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think half is good number right now. MD and UNC have many more than half at this time from what is being said. Even the top 2020 are being looked at, and spoken to as well-rumor has in the travel circuit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe this potential NCAA rule change has them moving even earlier than recent years to lock up these A level freshmen???

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard