BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a scenario that probably played out down in Florida. You're a college scout coming to see a girl on a team from Philly. The only opportunity to see her is when she plays YJ because you have numerous girls to look at over the next 48 hours. You've got your spot on the sidelines with the rest of the coaches and in the next 45 minutes you watch the girl you've come to see get dominated by an entire team of top D1 commits. Her teammates are crushed as well. Now you look around and notice that most of the girls on the field have green arm bands on. The subs coming in all have green arm bands on also. Now the girl might be a good player but she never got a chance to do anything because she just played an all star team that had no reason to be there. Now that girls 45 minutes are up. The scout learned nothing about the player because they barely had the ball in a 17-4 blowout.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is a scenario that probably played out down in Florida. You're a college scout coming to see a girl on a team from Philly. The only opportunity to see her is when she plays YJ because you have numerous girls to look at over the next 48 hours. You've got your spot on the sidelines with the rest of the coaches and in the next 45 minutes you watch the girl you've come to see get dominated by an entire team of top D1 commits. Her teammates are crushed as well. Now you look around and notice that most of the girls on the field have green arm bands on. The subs coming in all have green arm bands on also. Now the girl might be a good player but she never got a chance to do anything because she just played an all star team that had no reason to be there. Now that girls 45 minutes are up. The scout learned nothing about the player because they barely had the ball in a 17-4 blowout.

"Hypothetical girl" could have still done good things in the context of that game if she is truly good. If not there, then there are plenty of other opportunities to get noticed. If this "hypothetical college" is her dream school, she could attend their camps/clinics and then there will be no doubt as to whether they are interested in her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the coaches want to see how the uncommitted players match up against the committed players. The committed players represent future college players.

Also, I think it shows team spirit if all the players attend the showcase tournaments !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the coaches want to see how the uncommitted players match up against the committed players. The committed players represent future college players.

Also, I think it shows team spirit if all the players attend the showcase tournaments !

Come on. We are supposed to believe that after 4 years of me first playing that these girls are now altruistic. They only went down to help the uncommitted girls. That's a bunch of crap. Maybe.. Just maybe someone had a score to settle with TLC red? Can't lose to the same team twice, can you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't a parent of a committed girl saying let's lay out $3000 to go to Florida to make sure little Sally gets recruited. No way!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe just maybe the kids have worked so hard over the years and love playing together and the parents can afford to take them either as a reward for all the hard work or as a mini "working" vacation for the family. Why does everything have to be so negative?
AMEN. My daughter is committed and wanted to be with her teammates and have a great time at Disney. And we can afford it. I guess we are horrible people according to the standards of many on this forum. Get a clue jealous haters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did someone say "team spirit" . you must be new, everyone knows there is no I in team and there is definitely no "team" in "club"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, it goes both ways. If she had played a bunch of scrubs and dominated, the same coach would be saying "Wow, she looked great, but I wonder if she can hang with D1 level competition." That's what he cares about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, it goes both ways. If she had played a bunch of scrubs and dominated, the same coach would be saying "Wow, she looked great, but I wonder if she can hang with D1 level competition." That's what he cares about.

There's a big difference between scrubs and a full team of D1 commits. This was a recruiting tournament. Why bring a team that has been recruited and committed already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of crybabies. The signup for these fall tournaments were in July, before most of the girls committed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a big difference between scrubs and a full team of D1 commits. This was a recruiting tournament. Why bring a team that has been recruited and committed already?

For all the reasons listed above. Sorry your daughter couldn't keep up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For all the reasons listed above. Sorry your daughter couldn't keep up.

If she did not have a chance to really do anything then she was probably on the bench. If she did even the smallest thing, either riding or playing defense - the coaches will see that. If, when she does get the ball and is able to do something with it apart from going straight to goal and turning it over - then she showed enough. If on the other hand - she is a junior and still has not gotten any sniffs from a D1 coach - then maybe an honest evaluation is needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the story about this coach k All I hear are bad things no one says bad things about other coaches it seems like if u r smart u will stay away from team elevate and coach k

Heard bad things about the coach or about Elevate, not sure of the question? He has burned a lot of bridges with people, vendors, etc. which is now catching up with the club. I spoke with some of the 2018 parents down in Florida. Many of them are very frustrated as they felt that they were told their daughters would have been recruited by now if the followed the elevate process. Three out of thirty kids on the 2018 blue team have been recruited, not a high percentage. They said the club has been stressing recruiting with this age group for years. Some feel it is the lack of relationships he and the recruiting director at elevate have with college coaches. Others were just frustrated with the size of the team and the lack of playing time. They also said the winter options this year are limited at best as they no longer have any relationship with the HUB in Syosset. They said there is little or no communications from the team except for social media where it shows the same 3 2018 girls getting recruited which has been posted more than once. Not know much about DK but that was what I heard from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow. For someone not on Elevate you sure received a lot of information. why don't you register and say who you are instead of hiding behind your computer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate, and I hate to say it, is no different than any other money worshipping travel lax program...Dave does have best social media and his ability to pat himself on the back every chance he gets is amazing--try to find a picture anywhere where his melon isn't in the picture--its all about the kids, right DK?..but they are all the same and money rules the roost...hey, if you were a director like DK, wouldn't you take every free trip you could that was paid for by the parents?..Florida in November sounds good to me--especially when its on someone else's dime...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate, and I hate to say it, is no different than any other money worshipping travel lax program...Dave does have best social media and his ability to pat himself on the back every chance he gets is amazing--try to find a picture anywhere where his melon isn't in the picture--its all about the kids, right DK?..but they are all the same and money rules the roost...hey, if you were a director like DK, wouldn't you take every free trip you could that was paid for by the parents?..Florida in November sounds good to me--especially when its on someone else's dime...

It's remarkable to me how people spend so much time and energy bashing Dave Kotowski when they really don't know what they're talking about. It always seems like sour grapes to me and only shows that Dave and Elevate are a force to be reckoned with. Is a travel lacrosse director not allowed to make a living? Dave works tirelessly about 8 days a week and deserves to earn money. You constant bashers just sound ridiculous. How does Dave garner free trips exactly? I have been to Florida in November with Dave and you know what he's doing? He's speaking with hundreds of college coaches every day (I know you say he and his daughter have no relationships with college coaches- that is laughable), he is attending every game and coaching every team that he reasonably can, he is arranging for his players and their families to spend time together and have fun, he is fielding calls from coaches, and in many cases (I have seen it numerous times), he is walking off the field with an offer from a coach for one or more players each day he is there. Is Florida in November nice? It sure is when you are an Elevate player and you are in the company of Dave Kotowski. Whoever you are, sitting at home trying to tarnish Dave's reputation, keep it up. You are likely a bitter parent, or a competitor. Dave must be doing something right to have you so interested in him. He is busy working and building Elevate so he doesn't have the time to respond to your BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's remarkable to me how people spend so much time and energy bashing Dave Kotowski when they really don't know what they're talking about. It always seems like sour grapes to me and only shows that Dave and Elevate are a force to be reckoned with. Is a travel lacrosse director not allowed to make a living? Dave works tirelessly about 8 days a week and deserves to earn money. You constant bashers just sound ridiculous. How does Dave garner free trips exactly? I have been to Florida in November with Dave and you know what he's doing? He's speaking with hundreds of college coaches every day (I know you say he and his daughter have no relationships with college coaches- that is laughable), he is attending every game and coaching every team that he reasonably can, he is arranging for his players and their families to spend time together and have fun, he is fielding calls from coaches, and in many cases (I have seen it numerous times), he is walking off the field with an offer from a coach for one or more players each day he is there. Is Florida in November nice? It sure is when you are an Elevate player and you are in the company of Dave Kotowski. Whoever you are, sitting at home trying to tarnish Dave's reputation, keep it up. You are likely a bitter parent, or a competitor. Dave must be doing something right to have you so interested in him. He is busy working and building Elevate so he doesn't have the time to respond to your BS.

I have no axe to gring with DK or Elevate.. but I have never heard of a college coach making an offer to the club director at a tournanment... anyone else beleive that??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no axe to gring with DK or Elevate.. but I have never heard of a college coach making an offer to the club director at a tournanment... anyone else beleive that??

I've often wondered about why so many on this site have issues with the club owners making money. I don't see what the problem is with that. They offer a service and if you chose to buy it, like any other service or product, you may or may not exactly what you expected or paid for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 26 2018 blue players might agree with you but the 12 girls left on red might disagree. If he's walking off the field with multiple offers from coaches then who's getting them? Only 3 commits for 2018 so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 26 2018 blue players might agree with you but the 12 girls left on red might disagree. If he's walking off the field with multiple offers from coaches then who's getting them? Only 3 commits for 2018 so far.

Thanks DK for the autobiography but nobody is buying it. Everything Elevate does is completely self serving. While he has burned more bridges and relationships than one can count, lets be real his daughter has zero relationships with college coaches (she is just there learning the business). "Walking off the field with an offer everyday" really? YJ has more 2019s committed than the 3 2018s Elevate has committed. Elevate is a club to be reckon with? I guess I missed that when YJ beat them by more than a dozen goals this fall. He can market and sell whatever he wants, that's what is so great about our country. I think all people ask is that you have a little integrity when you do it. I have a friend on the 2018 Red team and what they did to that team, those girls and the parents this year is just awful. If you don't have enough kids to field a team, then don't have a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And with DK there's a good chance you'll just get a buch of BS all designed to serve him and his few friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And with DK there's a good chance you'll just get a buch of BS all designed to serve him and his few friends.

Know what? There are plenty of other clubs out there - move on. I never really understood that - the energy people spend 'itch and griping on this site...
Vote with your feet people!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Know what? There are plenty of other clubs out there - move on. I never really understood that - the energy people spend 'itch and griping on this site...

I think it was intended as a public service announcement 😜

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I think it was intended as a public service announcement 😜

Why would anyone take the word of an anonymous troll?? One that obviously has an ax to grind!! Sheese

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, that is total b.s. and kills any credibility of the post. The may tell a tell club they plan on offering a kid, but not giving them an offer directly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, that is total b.s. and kills any credibility of the post. The may tell a tell club they plan on offering a kid, but not giving them an offer directly.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but my daughter walked off the field at the President's Cup and was offered a D1 spot, as were several of her teammates. This does not mean the coaches hadn't been watching these girls already- coaches see girls play several times. But that is what happened. Absolutely true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to burst your bubble, but my daughter walked off the field at the President's Cup and was offered a D1 spot, as were several of her teammates. This does not mean the coaches hadn't been watching these girls already- coaches see girls play several times. But that is what happened. Absolutely true.

Well then NCAA rules were blatantly violated. College coaches cannot have contact w players or their parents at tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What rules? The NCAA rules mean nothing. They are a sham. Back door recruiting is the norm and how to get around the "rules" is the game.
Have not heard of one coach/program reprimanded or taken to task by the NCAA even though it is public knowledge when a young girl commits to a program before the coaches are even permitted to contact them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to you and your daughter, however if a coach spoke directly to you or your daughter during competition it would be a clear violation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What rules? The NCAA rules mean nothing. They are a sham. Back door recruiting is the norm and how to get around the "rules" is the game.
Have not heard of one coach/program reprimanded or taken to task by the NCAA even though it is public knowledge when a young girl commits to a program before the coaches are even permitted to contact them.

No kidding, there's early recruiting going on? And indirect communication through intermediaries? WOW. Thanks for that insight. This person claims that their daughter walked off the field at the President's Cup and was offered a spot by a coach right there on the side of the field. A coach going up to a girl AT A TOURNAMENT and offering her a spot is simply not done. It is a clear violation, and one that coaches avoid. There is no way a girl walks off the field at the President's Cup and a coach approaches her and offers her a spot complete w scholarship amount etc. Through an intermediary, ok, but not directly to the girl at the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most D1 coaches are only making around 40 grand until you crack the top 10 so I am sure everyone is bending the rules trying to put up some great records to move up from their 75th ranked team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No kidding, there's early recruiting going on? And indirect communication through intermediaries? WOW. Thanks for that insight. This person claims that their daughter walked off the field at the President's Cup and was offered a spot by a coach right there on the side of the field. A coach going up to a girl AT A TOURNAMENT and offering her a spot is simply not done. It is a clear violation, and one that coaches avoid. There is no way a girl walks off the field at the President's Cup and a coach approaches her and offers her a spot complete w scholarship amount etc. Through an intermediary, ok, but not directly to the girl at the tournament.

You've misunderstood. I said that THROUGH the travel lacrosse director, these girls were offered spots. There was NO breaking of rules whatsoever. You of course know that the coaches communicate with players through the directors or their travel coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most D1 coaches are only making around 40 grand until you crack the top 10 so I am sure everyone is bending the rules trying to put up some great records to move up from their 75th ranked team

Dude.. your High..

this arguement is stupid.. Coaches do not make contact or make offers to players at tournaments, College coaches do not make offer to Club Directors at tournaments... they will express interest/love/possibilities/ about a player to a club director and ask the player to call thier office on a certain day and time..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude.. your High..

this arguement is stupid.. Coaches do not make contact or make offers to players at tournaments, College coaches do not make offer to Club Directors at tournaments... they will express interest/love/possibilities/ about a player to a club director and ask the player to call thier office on a certain day and time..

correct! we have a winner!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave k is definitely not a winner

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The process is dirty and the kids are too young that's a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave k is definitely not a winner

Who is Dave K and why is he not a winner?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is dirty about it?

Coaches watch kids play, they like who they like and they recruit them.

If they like the kid enough they make an offer.

Nothing dirty

Early? Yes. Too early? maybe. Wrong? I don't know. It's right for some. Dirty? I don't think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is dirty about it?

Nothing dirty

Early? Yes. Too early? maybe. Wrong? I don't know. It's right for some. Dirty? I don't think so.

How can it ever be right for a 13 year old? Maybe right for dad but the kids aren't ready

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is dirty about it?

Nothing dirty

How can it ever be right for a 13 year old? Maybe right for dad but the kids aren't ready

Really, 13? How many 13 year olds are being offered spots?

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard