BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs, Looney's, FCA, 91 MD Force, and Hawks haven't been sorted out yet. Mark my words though all of them will be 1 - 5 in the area.

I would agree. I think this would hold if you included PA as well.
Crabs, Looney's, FCA, 91 MD Force, and Hawks haven't been sorted out yet. Mark my words though all of them will be 1 - 5 in the area.

91 force would be one in the top 3 if they could put things together. It's crabs, Looneys, Hawks, Fca right now

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has FCA played this fall at all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are practicing which u should be doin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Hawks v 91 2020 teams on the Eastern Shore a couple of weeks ago. Very evenly matched. Tied 5-5. Hawks need a face off guy badly. Their guy routinely beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has FCA played this fall at all?

They went 1-2 at the Rising Sons' play day beat Express, lost to Sons and 91 Force.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 force would be one in the top 3 if they could put things together. It's crabs, Looneys, Hawks, Fca right now

Force routinely beat FCA as Breakers and beat them again this fall at the Hill school. They tied Hawks this year, beat Rising Sons and tied Express. Did not get to play Looneys and the King Crabby wouldnt allow them to play In Autumn Classic and he has campaigned against them in this area and probably won't invite them to Crabfeast despite them playing Young Guns last year and being more competitive than the majority of teams playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Force routinely beat FCA as Breakers and beat them again this fall at the Hill school. They tied Hawks this year, beat Rising Sons and tied Express. Did not get to play Looneys and the King Crabby wouldnt allow them to play In Autumn Classic and he has campaigned against them in this area and probably won't invite them to Crabfeast despite them playing Young Guns last year and being more competitive than the majority of teams playing.

what seems to be King Crab issue with the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to earn it first...Just because you have 91 on your jersey doesnt mean you are automatically in top 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to earn it first...Just because you have 91 on your jersey doesnt mean you are automatically in top 5.

Keeping with your point, he should be looking at the team itself and not concentrating so much on the 91 on the jersey as if he is knowledgeable as he claims to be, he must be well aware that they are the same players and coaches as Breakers 2020AA from last year. Could be a more personal issue with the team/Club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabby no like 91 because it hurts his wallet

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keeping with your point, he should be looking at the team itself and not concentrating so much on the 91 on the jersey as if he is knowledgeable as he claims to be, he must be well aware that they are the same players and coaches as Breakers 2020AA from last year. Could be a more personal issue with the team/Club. [/quote]

No 91MD might have more to do with Aloha tournaments being RMs partner for Autumn Classic. Breakers is owned by aloha and 91MD pilfered most of their players from Breakers. So 91 no so welcome in those events

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keeping with your point, he should be looking at the team itself and not concentrating so much on the 91 on the jersey as if he is knowledgeable as he claims to be, he must be well aware that they are the same players and coaches as Breakers 2020AA from last year. Could be a more personal issue with the team/Club.

No 91MD might have more to do with Aloha tournaments being RMs partner for Autumn Classic. Breakers is owned by aloha and 91MD pilfered most of their players from Breakers. So 91 no so welcome in those events [/quote]

That would be a good thing and then we can expect to be able to play them at Non Aloha tournaments and CrabFeast if your reasoning is the true reason and it is not just Crabby trying to make things difficult for another local Club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's crabbybdaddy. He is worried about his income. Let the kids play. It will be decided on the field

No 91MD might have more to do with Aloha tournaments being RMs partner for Autumn Classic. Breakers is owned by aloha and 91MD pilfered most of their players from Breakers. So 91 no so welcome in those events

That would be a good thing and then we can expect to be able to play them at Non Aloha tournaments and CrabFeast if your reasoning is the true reason and it is not just Crabby trying to make things difficult for another local Club. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's crabbybdaddy. He is worried about his income. Let the kids play. It will be decided on the field

That would be a good thing and then we can expect to be able to play them at Non Aloha tournaments and CrabFeast if your reasoning is the true reason and it is not just Crabby trying to make things difficult for another local Club.
[/quote]

No, it's true about aloha tournaments owning Breakers and Team 91 Md taking most of Breakers players and Crabs many times partners with Aloha for tournaments. What I would really like to see is all teams not attend any tournament sponsored by Crabs, even go so far as to create another competing tournament for the same dates. I doubt other teams would do this but this is one approach to put a stop to how fat Crab Daddy rigs his tournaments in his favor. It would have to start with other top 10 strong teams boycotting crab daddy events and go elsewhere to play. Probably the only team who would attend is Edge, but can you imagine a tournament with only Crabs and Edge playing. It probably will never happen but it would be nice to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the Crabs "rig the tournaments" in their favor? Please explain.

My son has played in many of their tournaments, but the draw is no more advantageous than any other club does for their own tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son has played in many of their tournaments, but the draw is no more advantageous than any other club does for their own tournaments

What Maryland 2020 teams are attending the fl$ in 3D this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are all the lacrosse club options for those who live in Harford County and don't want to drive an hour for practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are all the lacrosse club options for those who live in Harford County and don't want to drive an hour for practice?

The real answer to that is what level is your son AA,A or B and how old is he. If you think he will be a AA level player in 8th grade and up. You should be asking for the best clubs with in a hour drive. Young travel parents pick a time when their son is young by witch one is the closet drive. Most of the time they are upset with something about the club. I say 20min extra drive for practice to the correct club is worth it long term every time. I think after you answer these questions people can help you better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somewhere between A-AA.
7th grade.
Trying to find top notch lacrosse clubs in the area that truly support multi-sport athletes, in that they will honor a player's in-season other sports commitment without adversely affecting the athletes club lacrosse status, playing time, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it's true about aloha tournaments owning Breakers and Team 91 Md taking most of Breakers players and Crabs many times partners with Aloha for tournaments. What I would really like to see is all teams not attend any tournament sponsored by Crabs, even go so far as to create another competing tournament for the same dates. I doubt other teams would do this but this is one approach to put a stop to how fat Crab Daddy rigs his tournaments in his favor. It would have to start with other top 10 strong teams boycotting crab daddy events and go elsewhere to play. Probably the only team who would attend is Edge, but can you imagine a tournament with only Crabs and Edge playing. It probably will never happen but it would be nice to see.[/quote]

Does anyone have an answer on whether Crabs has invited Team 91 Md to play Crab Feast or whether the talk is true that he is trying to make it difficult in their region for them and not allowing them access to events he is involved with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somewhere between A-AA.
7th grade.
Trying to find top notch lacrosse clubs in the area that truly support multi-sport athletes, in that they will honor a player's in-season other sports commitment without adversely affecting the athletes club lacrosse status, playing time, etc.

Who does he play for now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somewhere between A-AA.
7th grade.

Perhaps not helpful to lob in a suggestion from afar and doubt they need players, but Greene Turtle has a AA 2021 team that seems to do things right and seems to be based on your side of town. I'm a 2021 coach and I think it's absolutely imperative to put in-season sports first and lacrosse behind basketball, football and hockey, etc. On principle, of course, as I think any A or AA player has to be a good enough athlete to play other sports at a high level, but also there is no question it makes them better lacrosse players (particularly basketball).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it's true about aloha tournaments owning Breakers and Team 91 Md taking most of Breakers players and Crabs many times partners with Aloha for tournaments. What I would really like to see is all teams not attend any tournament sponsored by Crabs, even go so far as to create another competing tournament for the same dates. I doubt other teams would do this but this is one approach to put a stop to how fat Crab Daddy rigs his tournaments in his favor. It would have to start with other top 10 strong teams boycotting crab daddy events and go elsewhere to play. Probably the only team who would attend is Edge, but can you imagine a tournament with only Crabs and Edge playing. It probably will never happen but it would be nice to see.

Does anyone have an answer on whether Crabs has invited Team 91 Md to play Crab Feast or whether the talk is true that he is trying to make it difficult in their region for them and not allowing them access to events he is involved with? [/quote]

Just checked Crabs website, for Crab Feast 2016 Team 91 is listed as attending in all four divisions, 2017 to 2020. I really don't think it is Crabs blocking Team 91, it is Aloha Tournaments, which as stated owns Breakers and Team 91 raided the players. At times Aloha and Crabs jointly sponsor a tournament and this is when Team 91 is not invited, like the Aloha Autumn Tournament last month in Md. And no, I am far from a Crabs fan, just stating what is going on. I don't think crab daddy would block Team 91, it is extra money for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, a lot of clubs do tis in their own tournament but not to the extent that Crabs does. Just look at the Aloha Autumn Tournament last month, especially the 2020 division and look who Crabs had to play to get to the semi finals. It was very obvious to everyone as soon at they saw the schedule. This is the division crab daddy has his team (even though it is really close to a 2019 team) and he does this all the time. Nothing new but not to the extent that Ryan M takes it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somewhere between A-AA.
7th grade.

What is his other sport? Most clubs only play fall Sunday league games, and most clubs do unofficial winter box leagues. If it's a spring sport there could be issues

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thunder is only option I'm aware of in Harford Co. They do a good job. Not "AA" at most levels but solid A. Mavericks is HS counterpart. For very top team you'll need to drive into balt co where there are a myriad of options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, a lot of clubs do tis in their own tournament but not to the extent that Crabs does. Just look at the Aloha Autumn Tournament last month, especially the 2020 division and look who Crabs had to play to get to the semi finals. It was very obvious to everyone as soon at they saw the schedule. This is the division crab daddy has his team (even though it is really close to a 2019 team) and he does this all the time. Nothing new but not to the extent that Ryan M takes it.

Just looked at the schedule you noted. Aloha does the same thing for the Breakers. Madlax does the same thing for their teams in their tournaments.

Plenty of things to bash the Crabs about, but this isn't one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thunder is only option I'm aware of in Harford Co. They do a good job. Not "AA" at most levels but solid A. Mavericks is HS counterpart. For very top team you'll need to drive into balt co where there are a myriad of options.

ground control
thunder

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somewhere between A-AA.
7th grade.

What is his other sport? Most clubs only play fall Sunday league games, and most clubs do unofficial winter box leagues. If it's a spring sport there could be issues

I have a son and nephews who play on various Looney teams. All their coaches honor in season sports and support the kids to participate in other sports. The coaches however, expect 100% commitment during the lax season spring/summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked at the schedule you noted. Aloha does the same thing for the Breakers. Madlax does the same thing for their teams in their tournaments.

Sure it is, but not bashing, just stating what is obvious. Crabs 2020 won 9-0, 15-0 and 14-0 against Md Roughriders, AR Pittsburg and Harvest Lax. This is what Ryan M does all the time, he wants very little competition in his tournaments a clear shot to the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it is, but not bashing, just stating what is obvious. Crabs 2020 won 9-0, 15-0 and 14-0 against Md Roughriders, AR Pittsburg and Harvest Lax. This is what Ryan M does all the time, he wants very little competition in his tournaments a clear shot to the finals.

what was the schedule like for the other team they faced in the finals?:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what was the schedule like for the other team they faced in the finals?:

Just Google "aloha autumn classic" and when you get to website click on schedules and Sunday Nov 14, 2015. That lists the schedules and scores for 2020 thru 2023 divisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did they set Looney's up as well? They didn't have a close game until the final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is Aloha Tournaments, which as stated owns Breakers and Team 91 raided the players. At times Aloha and Crabs jointly sponsor a tournament and this is when Team 91 is not invited, like the Aloha Autumn Tournament last month in Md. And no, I am far from a Crabs fan, just stating what is going on. I don't think crab daddy would block Team 91, it is extra money for him.[/quote]

Just checked the website and the 91 team you mention is a NY 91 team -not Team 91 MD which is who we heard he has blocked from Crabfeast despite the fact that the team attended last years Young Guns as Breakers . Sounds like he is preventing the other AA teams, including ours, from having an opportunity to play another top level team due to a personal issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did they set Looney's up as well? They didn't have a close game until the final.

I don't think so, Looney's had easy games against two teams, MDX and LA Heat. LA Heat is not, at least at this point, an AA team and were outclassed in all games but they tried. The third team, Madlax Capital was suppose to be a fairly strong team but if it was that team didn't show up that day. If you notice, Crabs and Ryan M clearly avoided Edge and the only time they would have seen Edge is if Edge was successful in the semis, which they weren't. I know all teams try to make a fairly easy path in their own tournaments, but not at the level that Ryan M and his 2020 team does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone have an answer on whether Crabs has invited Team 91 Md to play Crab Feast or whether the talk is true that he is trying to make it difficult in their region for them and not allowing them access to events he is involved with? [/quote]

I think they have. Most of the top teams will be there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
left out:) why invite another team that competes for the same local dollar. Besides 91 force is a tad bit better than madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
left out:) why invite another team that competes for the same local dollar. Besides 91 force is a tad bit better than madlax.

That statement makes no sense-keeping with that logic, no local teams would be invited and supports that he has an issue with just one team. And if not mistaken, it is the same team informally ranked here as top 10 and tied Crabs 2020 as Breakers losing in OT last year at Beach even after Crabs brought in their 2019s. Just be nice to have all the top 2020 teams in one location for once and not have tournaments and kids influenced by one man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another new topic. Who has ever heard this quote on a sideline between parents. " Man this is a great group of players if we can keep them playing together they will never get beat" I think this statement causes most of the issues us parents have with this whole travel elite lacrosse thing. If this is said on the sideline of a B Level team the Parents of kids who are A or AA level feel bad and stuck to stay playing with this team or they will upset most likely local fellow parents. If this is said on a AA team sideline it implies please do not bring any other really good kids to play on this team or we will be upset with you for breaking up this great group. Well I just wanted to hear others thoughts about this Quote I am sure everyone has heard many times

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another new topic. Who has ever heard this quote on a sideline between parents. " Man this is a great group of players if we can keep them playing together they will never get beat" I think this statement causes most of the issues us parents have with this whole travel elite lacrosse thing. If this is said on the sideline of a B Level team the Parents of kids who are A or AA level feel bad and stuck to stay playing with this team or they will upset most likely local fellow parents. If this is said on a AA team sideline it implies please do not bring any other really good kids to play on this team or we will be upset with you for breaking up this great group. Well I just wanted to hear others thoughts about this Quote I am sure everyone has heard many times

Did you ever learn about punctuation in school?

Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard