BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 97 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did Preds 2023 do at Yale?
If I am not mistaken they made it to the finals but lost big to Team 91.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express north beat crabs and dukes this summer.

Express North 2019 beat Edge, Crabs, Sweetlax..... time to gel? They are a top 3 2019 team in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow props to Schreiber. Great wins and I agree they are definitely a top team in the country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse got eclipsed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North 2019 beat Edge, Crabs, Sweetlax..... time to gel? They are a top 3 2019 team in the country.

I saw the LI Express North 2019 game vs Sweatlax a few weekends ago and it made me question the entire early recruiting process. How can Sweatlax have 8...9...10? kids committed to big D1 programs and I don't think LIE North has a single kid committed yet. Express North was the better team up and down the field and could have won by 3-4 goals if they didn't slow the play down. It's a mystery.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its because they actually play like a team, and not like a bunch of kids just showing off how good their "split dodge/shoot on the run" showcase game is to college coaches. Its kinda nice to watch. Having a few notable 16 yo hold-backs doesnt hurt either (altho their predominantly age-appropriate D is pretty damn good). The LIE-N draw was really weak this past weekend tho (not their fault).

After watching a number of games this weekend, the matchup I would like to see is LIE-N vs Laxachusetts. That Laxa team is just downright nasty.

.....and no, im not an express parent....actually my kid plays on one of the LIE-N "local competitors". I'm just secure enough about myself (and my son) to not be afraid to praise other teams. Our team didnt win all our games this weekend in Philly, but there were multiple high-level D1 coaches on the sideline of EVERY game we played. So if your kid played well in a game or two in Philly this weekend, I guarantee that at least a few coaches noticed, even if your team lost. And I think thats why we bother paying the $$ and schlepping to PA, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow props to Schreiber. Great wins and I agree they are definitely a top team in the country

Good man and coach. He has done wonders with that team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a time where many clubs are more focused on primarily recruiting great players to their program as a means to fielding a great team, CS actually develops a lot of good players into better players and takes ok teams and makes them into highly competitive teams. That is a great experience for a kid willing to put in the work. CS deserves a lot of credit for actually developing young players and building teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CS recruits as hard as anyone else so let's not make him a saint. Nothing wrong with trying to make your team stronger. As said CS is doing a great job. He recruits for all grades to make Express North as strong as they can be. Once people realize he has as many connections if not more than PT and other clubs he will get even stronger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its because they actually play like a team, and not like a bunch of kids just showing off how good their "split dodge/shoot on the run" showcase game is to college coaches. Its kinda nice to watch. Having a few notable 16 yo hold-backs doesnt hurt either (altho their predominantly age-appropriate D is pretty damn good). The LIE-N draw was really weak this past weekend tho (not their fault).

After watching a number of games this weekend, the matchup I would like to see is LIE-N vs Laxachusetts. That Laxa team is just downright nasty.

.....and no, im not an express parent....actually my kid plays on one of the LIE-N "local competitors". I'm just secure enough about myself (and my son) to not be afraid to praise other teams. Our team didnt win all our games this weekend in Philly, but there were multiple high-level D1 coaches on the sideline of EVERY game we played. So if your kid played well in a game or two in Philly this weekend, I guarantee that at least a few coaches noticed, even if your team lost. And I think thats why we bother paying the $$ and schlepping to PA, right?

We (I am an LIE North Dad) beat Laxachusetts this past summer and it was a battle. I think the team does so well is because they do actually play like a team. I noticed the other LI Express 2019 team has a few ball hogs and once the opponent figures out they are not passing, they get shut down and its why they lose. Some kids are showcase trained and do put on a good show, but is that what a college coach wants? I tell my son to play the game the right way regardless of who is watching.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We (I am an LIE North Dad) beat Laxachusetts this past summer and it was a battle. I think the team does so well is because they do actually play like a team. I noticed the other LI Express 2019 team has a few ball hogs and once the opponent figures out they are not passing, they get shut down and its why they lose. Some kids are showcase trained and do put on a good show, but is that what a college coach wants? I tell my son to play the game the right way regardless of who is watching.

I watched many teams, as long as Laxa is in the 2019 division they will win. I think they are the new "Edge" for the spring 2016.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched many teams, as long as Laxa is in the 2019 division they will win. I think they are the new "Edge" for the spring 2016.

When you write they are the new "Edge", are you inferring they are all older kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget Lourdes in Dutchess County. They are playing for the football State Championship in Class A in Syracuse. If they ever get a real lax Coach with those athletes skies the limit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 - Hill

2021 - Regan

Two good coaches who need to do well today at a low level tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 2024 Express North do today down on LI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 - Hill

2021 - Regan

Two good coaches who need to do well today at a low level tournament.

How did Express North 2021 and 2022 do today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-1-1. Tied oreilly. Lost to schwalje by 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well done... Shows them Westchester can hang.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well done... Shows them Westchester can hang. [/quote
Ha hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pt basher surfaces again. Must bother u a lot to consistently post. Wonder why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does PT come into this? Sounds like dad has some confidence issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does PT come into this? Sounds like dad has some confidence issues.

He should now that you mention it!!!! Ha ha here hee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did LIE North 2022 do yesterday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, just an LI dad trolling thinking you guys are funny. I like how the 2024 dad measures success by how little you lose by. Didn't the lose to Outlaws 11-2? yikes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, just an LI dad trolling thinking you guys are funny. I like how the 2024 dad measures success by how little you lose by. Didn't the lose to Outlaws 11-2? yikes.

still don't get your point. Glad you get it and hope it has made you feel better. Whatever it is you are saying, I agree!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is too quiet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is coaching primetime 2024 this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Yorktown own the Section once again this year?

I know they graduated a lot of players, who's stepping in to fill the void?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best winter lax training (for middle school aged attackmen) in westchester and Connecticut? Looking for ideas for next winter. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best winter lax training (for middle school aged attackmen) in westchester and Connecticut? Looking for ideas for next winter. Thanks.

Go to Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think John Jay, Pleasantville, Fox Lane, Rye and Bronxville will be in the hunt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown has 2 defensemen that have committed to Maryland & Notre Dame. So does that answer your question about Yorktowns supremacy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not really - 2 guys does not make a whole team , but congrats to those boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yorktown's supremacy is in question this year. While they should never be counted out, it should be noted that they lost 63.8% of total point scorers last year and most of that was from the midfield. Their returning juniors (seniors this year) contributed only 6.7% of last year's total points while their returning sophomores (juniors this year) contributed 29.5%. The sophomores were both at the attack position. They will be a very young team without much, if any, scoring potential from the midfield.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Yorktown should never be counted out. I think there is more parity in Westchester now and other programs like JJ, Fox Lane, Rye, Pleasantville and Bronxville have very strong returning starters. I think depth of the line up usually tilts towards Yorktown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yorktown's supremacy is in question this year. While they should never be counted out, it should be noted that they lost 63.8% of total point scorers last year and most of that was from the midfield. Their returning juniors (seniors this year) contributed only 6.7% of last year's total points while their returning sophomores (juniors this year) contributed 29.5%. The sophomores were both at the attack position. They will be a very young team without much, if any, scoring potential from the midfield.

I think we'll be fine. Our 2014 state championship was won in a supposedly "down" year after graduating players who were considered superstars that carried the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said, believe me I am not a Yorktown fan but their dominance in Section 1 has been incredible and it's not ending anytime soon. The one team that has great talent is Fox Lane, but coaching is the biggest factor in sports and winning. Marr is a great coach under a great deal of pressure to win and he continually delivers. Bronxville has been great. John Jay & Rye are very good teams but will not win as consistently as Ytown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens when these great or dominant teams go into the NY State Championships. Section 3 and 8 and 11 generally come home with the hardware. Yes they are good teams, not sure about dominant or great?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough to compare NYS titles, since some schools bounce from A to B or B to C. However, just looking at Class B, there have been 30 champions crowned. Section 8 has 11 (Garden City with 5 and South Side, Wantagh, Lynbrook, Bethpage, Manhasset and Elmont with 1 each), Section 1 has 6 (Yorktown), Section 3 has 5 (Jamesville-DeWitt with 4 and Cortland with 1), Section 11 has 5 (Huntington and Comsewogue with 2 each and Rocky Point with 1), Section 5 has 2 (Victor and Canandaigua) and Section 4 has 1 (Corning East).

Agreed, Yorktown doesn't get much support from other Section 1 schools (Mahopac has one A title and Bronxville has one C title), but Yorktown's 7 titles (they won an "A" title when there was only a single bracket) ranks 3rd to only West Genesee (15 A titles) and Ward Melville (8 A titles).

If Yorktown isn't considered dominant or great, then I guess only West Genesee has earned that label.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 97 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard