BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Re: Spring Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And don't forget one other aspect. It's not just 2-3 parents complaining. Don't think that there is always loyalty throughout the program. The assistant coach who feels he knows more or does more and doesn't get the credit. The JV coach the same way. A lot of these coaches are teachers. They are in school all day with each other. Don't think for a minute school politics don't come into play. People are in the AD's ear constantly. Once read advice about hiring assistant coaches that they should be your brother, or father or relative because there is a good chance, at some point, they might turn on you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sachem has an assistant taking over. They say seamless transition but that is just someone saying it. Lets see what happens this year.

Why are districts so willing to push out coaches that have great track records and are so dedicated to the program? I look at Sayville and have to cross my fingers and hope that doesn't happen in my district.

If 2 or 3 people complain enough, skittish AD's and superintendents will cave to the pressure. High School lax is crazy now. Look at the last few years....SWR, Sayville, Glenn, Sachem North, Huntington, HHHW, and a don't forget Smithtown West a bunch of years ago. Not one of these coaches deserved to be out of a job. These were coaches that put in a huge amount of time for their programs, but were treated poorly. It's HS not the pros. IMHO

I would imagine that it takes a lot more than two or three parents complaining. I would also like to believe that the complaints must have some merit. Parents saying "My son should be starting" is not going to get a coach removed. Bullying, abusive behavior, financial conflicts of interest or impropriety. Conduct unbecoming, legal issues etc...

Wrong. All it takes is someone who has a personal relationship with a board member. Most board members know nothing about athletics, coaches, etc and simply follow another board member's lead. SWR is a perfect example

That may be true for SWR, but it's a total blanket statement that isn't applicable anywhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem has an assistant taking over. They say seamless transition but that is just someone saying it. Lets see what happens this year.

Why are districts so willing to push out coaches that have great track records and are so dedicated to the program? I look at Sayville and have to cross my fingers and hope that doesn't happen in my district.

If 2 or 3 people complain enough, skittish AD's and superintendents will cave to the pressure. High School lax is crazy now. Look at the last few years....SWR, Sayville, Glenn, Sachem North, Huntington, HHHW, and a don't forget Smithtown West a bunch of years ago. Not one of these coaches deserved to be out of a job. These were coaches that put in a huge amount of time for their programs, but were treated poorly. It's HS not the pros. IMHO

I would imagine that it takes a lot more than two or three parents complaining. I would also like to believe that the complaints must have some merit. Parents saying "My son should be starting" is not going to get a coach removed. Bullying, abusive behavior, financial conflicts of interest or impropriety. Conduct unbecoming, legal issues etc...

Wrong. All it takes is someone who has a personal relationship with a board member. Most board members know nothing about athletics, coaches, etc and simply follow another board member's lead. SWR is a perfect example

That may be true for SWR, but it's a total blanket statement that isn't applicable anywhere else.

Not a single one of the coaches above were let go because of a mass protest against them. Also, only a few HS coaches do year round travel teams like Sachem North or the Smithtowns. Probably 7 or 8 out of 49 teams in suffolk. Not talking about going to a few fall tournaments, but teams that actually ask for the commitment of a travel program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a single one of the coaches above were let go because of a mass protest against them. Also, only a few HS coaches do year round travel teams like Sachem North or the Smithtowns. Probably 7 or 8 out of 49 teams in suffolk. Not talking about going to a few fall tournaments, but teams that actually ask for the commitment of a travel program.

Regarding the travel programs, I think that is the exact point of contention. Some coaches ask for year round commitments. Others take the money and run with a weak summer-only program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe Sayville is another one that can be cited.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it can't. That is so far from the case of what happened in Sayville it's amazing. Maybe 4 people in the entire town believe that story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it can't. That is so far from the case of what happened in Sayville it's amazing. Maybe 4 people in the entire town believe that story.

What happened in Sayville?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened in Sayville?

I would rather hear the story that the four people believed happened in Sayville???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tell the story without names. please

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. And let's move on just as Coach Doller has. The whole thing was wrong from the beginning. This had nothing to to do with "coaching" it had very little to do with parents or players. You would be hard pressed to find a handful of families to complain about Coach from his HS teams over the past 15+ years.

Last season the district took away varsity assistants across the board. The varsity assistant position was in the middle of a coaching change, well after the loss of the paid position the varsity coach could not find anyone. Coach Doller coached the varsity team by himself to the county championship. Nobody talks about that. He never said a word about it or complained, guess he just coached his a$$ off.
In January before the season started the AD told Coach D that there would be no JV assistant either. It was never mentioned before this nor is it listed in the districts budget cuts. The superintendent stood his ground while knowing that the had made a mistake or they never told him bc they DID NOT take the JV Football assistant away. Coach D let his parents know what the district had done, they went to the boe meeting with valid points and the JV assistant was reinstated. That evening behind closed doors coach D was fired for telling the parents to go to a boe meeting to fight for the lacrosse program. Not one of the BOE members is connected to lacrosse nor does any of their kids play? Its no secret that sayville is still a big football town, every member of the boe is connected to the football program and they have never supported the lacrosse program, it's a shame. At the end of the lax season Coach Doller was given a letter saying he would not be reinstated for the 2016 season. That's it. There was some backing by the quarterbacks dad bc he is very friendly with kohlar on the board. I think it was over the fact that he didn't receive all the awards he wanted at the end of the season?
Coach D worked with the Boe and superintendent all summer to try and resolve the situation. No dice

The boe is so small minded, short sighted and insecure. Why couldn't they admit their wrongs and work it out? Or point out ways Coach could improve his relationship with the boe? So who losses? Our kids and the sayville lacrosse program and I would guess Coach D, as I know he was not ready to hang it up.

I've watched and experience the lax program in our town grow and mature into something everyone involved could be proud of, It just got sent back 10 years. The BOE, superintendent and AD sold be ashamed.
Just saw a post on FB that Coach Doller will be an assistant at Farmingdale college. Congrats Coach, I wish you all the best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. And let's move on just as Coach Doller has. The whole thing was wrong from the beginning. This had nothing to to do with "coaching" it had very little to do with parents or players. You would be hard pressed to find a handful of families to complain about Coach from his HS teams over the past 15+ years.

Last season the district took away varsity assistants across the board. The varsity assistant position was in the middle of a coaching change, well after the loss of the paid position the varsity coach could not find anyone. Coach Doller coached the varsity team by himself to the county championship. Nobody talks about that. He never said a word about it or complained, guess he just coached his a$$ off.
In January before the season started the AD told Coach D that there would be no JV assistant either. It was never mentioned before this nor is it listed in the districts budget cuts. The superintendent stood his ground while knowing that the had made a mistake or they never told him bc they DID NOT take the JV Football assistant away. Coach D let his parents know what the district had done, they went to the boe meeting with valid points and the JV assistant was reinstated. That evening behind closed doors coach D was fired for telling the parents to go to a boe meeting to fight for the lacrosse program. Not one of the BOE members is connected to lacrosse nor does any of their kids play? Its no secret that sayville is still a big football town, every member of the boe is connected to the football program and they have never supported the lacrosse program, it's a shame. At the end of the lax season Coach Doller was given a letter saying he would not be reinstated for the 2016 season. That's it. There was some backing by the quarterbacks dad bc he is very friendly with kohlar on the board. I think it was over the fact that he didn't receive all the awards he wanted at the end of the season?
Coach D worked with the Boe and superintendent all summer to try and resolve the situation. No dice

The boe is so small minded, short sighted and insecure. Why couldn't they admit their wrongs and work it out? Or point out ways Coach could improve his relationship with the boe? So who losses? Our kids and the sayville lacrosse program and I would guess Coach D, as I know he was not ready to hang it up.

I've watched and experience the lax program in our town grow and mature into something everyone involved could be proud of, It just got sent back 10 years. The BOE, superintendent and AD sold be ashamed.
Just saw a post on FB that Coach Doller will be an assistant at Farmingdale college. Congrats Coach, I wish you all the best.

That could have been written by the captain of the Lithuanian bobsled team. Virtually every thing that was written is wrong. I'm not even exaggerating. That entire novel contained nothing but lies and opinions. Absolutely incredible. Well, not every thing was a lie. Coach Doller WAS the coach. That's true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That could have been written by the captain of the Lithuanian bobsled team. Virtually every thing that was written is wrong. I'm not even exaggerating. That entire novel contained nothing but lies and opinions. Absolutely incredible. Well, not every thing was a lie. Coach Doller WAS the coach. That's true.

What was untrue?? I think that pretty much sums it up. The only thing that was untrue was that Coach D did have an assistant this year. It's the current coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. It's all true. Go find Coach D and tell him to his face that everything that has gone on is a lie. I've been very close to the situation for years. And you obviously have an ax to grind and probably don't have a kid even playing lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder why this guy feels compelled to stand up for the BOE? Hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he was the JV assistant, he only got him half the games. All I know is every home game I saw Doller was by himself. Islip, Huntington

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. It's all true. Go find Coach D and tell him to his face that everything that has gone on is a lie. I've been very close to the situation for years. And you obviously have an ax to grind and probably don't have a kid even playing lacrosse.

You've been lied to for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was untrue?? I think that pretty much sums it up. The only thing that was untrue was that Coach D did have an assistant this year. It's the current coach.

Not sure who you are but you just proved how distant you are from the lacrosse program and the axe you have to grind is gigantic. The JV assistant was hired to replace coach Doller. Last season coach Doller did indeed coach the team to the counties BY HIMSELF. If the prior post about what actually transpired is full of lies, please tell us your version of what happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sayville situation is an embarrassment for the entire town. When would any organization push out a leader with the record of Coach Doller and replace him with someone with a record of failure like Don Fleming? It would never happen in the real world, only in the inbred world of town politics. Score one for the Board of Ed and especially our wonderful Superintendent who spearheaded this witch hunt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about the quaterback thing (just don't have any info there, but everything else is spot on) but every other word of the original statement is true. What wasn't mentioned is that Superintendent hasn't been a fan of Coach D for years and has been waiting for a situation to burn him. He got his chance minutes after the board just took another beating from the public from the lax parents that night in February, (might I add another black eye brought on by the Superintendent upon which he has made the board look stupid and weak several times in the last two years). The board was angry and Super immediately put coach d's firing to a vote immediately after this meeting. It was approved at this meeting. So this all was done in the same night of that meeting. The BOE has had so many black eyes and looked so flip-floppy weak they couldn't back down on this one, to the detriment of our kids. Time for Super to go. #FWS

The only embarrassment here is the Super. The community has nothing to be ashamed of. Coach D. is well on his way to much more lucrative pastures in his new partnerships, and will be better off financially ten-fold to what he lost on a silly coaching salary. He will still have a positive impact on our community, and help out young lacrosse players. It will just be on his terms and will cost more to be a part of his program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about the quaterback thing (just don't have any info there, but everything else is spot on) but every other word of the original statement is true. What wasn't mentioned is that Superintendent hasn't been a fan of Coach D for years and has been waiting for a situation to burn him. He got his chance minutes after the board just took another beating from the public from the lax parents that night in February, (might I add another black eye brought on by the Superintendent upon which he has made the board look stupid and weak several times in the last two years). The board was angry and Super immediately put coach d's firing to a vote immediately after this meeting. It was approved at this meeting. So this all was done in the same night of that meeting. The BOE has had so many black eyes and looked so flip-floppy weak they couldn't back down on this one, to the detriment of our kids. Time for Super to go. #FWS

The only embarrassment here is the Super. The community has nothing to be ashamed of. Coach D. is well on his way to much more lucrative pastures in his new partnerships, and will be better off financially ten-fold to what he lost on a silly coaching salary. He will still have a positive impact on our community, and help out young lacrosse players. It will just be on his terms and will cost more to be a part of his program.

Go Fighting Ducks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any report from farmingdale

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any report from farmingdale

He's coaching at farmingdale. Is that what you meant?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No what HS teams did well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go on the website. All
Results posted. Many teams went 3-0. St Anthony's, Masapequa, Smithtown East. And a bunch from out is state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None, too many teams missing too many players. Not a good environment to judge a Team. Close to home and if you are not on the recruiting trail it is fine.

Not a bad day of lacrosse but they really need to stop billing this as a top recruiting event. Just call it a "Tournament". Not very competitive and very few college coaches in attendance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None, too many teams missing too many players. Not a good environment to judge a Team. Close to home and if you are not on the recruiting trail it is fine.

Not a bad day of lacrosse but they really need to stop billing this as a top recruiting event. Just call it a "Tournament". Not very competitive and very few college coaches in attendance.

Strange comment. Did you see the list of teams there? And well over 100 college coaches there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strange comment. Did you see the list of teams there? And well over 100 college coaches there.

Not strange at all. Just pointing out that it is not indicative of most HS Teams. Many of the teams are missing players and many of the kids have been playing a fall sport. None of the teams did "well" relative to where they will be in the spring.

for the 17's who are still trying to find a home and for the 18's in the middle of the recruiting process and certainly for the 19's this is not a "premier recruiting event". That is how the organizers market this tournament.

There is nothing wrong with the event but to say that it is a big time recruiting tournament is misleading.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to break it to you all but an asst coach at Farmingdale will make probably half of what a HS coach makes. Then they have to travel and work like crazy. Most people go the asst route when they are building a resume that's whay all these college teams have 5 or more assts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not strange at all. Just pointing out that it is not indicative of most HS Teams. Many of the teams are missing players and many of the kids have been playing a fall sport. None of the teams did "well" relative to where they will be in the spring.

for the 17's who are still trying to find a home and for the 18's in the middle of the recruiting process and certainly for the 19's this is not a "premier recruiting event". That is how the organizers market this tournament.

There is nothing wrong with the event but to say that it is a big time recruiting tournament is misleading.

My son got about good 10 calls from this event last year. He eventually chose another school, but it was a very good recruiting even for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to break it to you all but an asst coach at Farmingdale will make probably half of what a HS coach makes. Then they have to travel and work like crazy. Most people go the asst route when they are building a resume that's whay all these college teams have 5 or more assts

Do you really think he was coaching for the money? Get real. By the way, as the program declines over the coming years, please don't be the guy whining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son got about good 10 calls from this event last year. He eventually chose another school, but it was a very good recruiting even for us.

What grade was he in at the time, and were the calls a result of the individual event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were college coaches everywhere. A lot of high school teams chose to leave their committed senors home, so other kids would get a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate to break it to you, but the lure of the job isn't the salary. It is the access to the facilities for his club. The club and the clinics is where the cash is at. But obviously you are a short sighted fool so you can't see that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2019. College coaches approached his HS coach at the field yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for Suffolk Girls A,B,C?
Will 631 sweep LI again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have an assistant coach exhibiting disturbing behavior... what a nut... professional help may be required...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for Suffolk Girls A,B,C?
Will 631 sweep LI again?

Another Suffolk sweep, but scratch Mt.Sinai, enter Bayport/Blue Point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the A and B Divisions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the A and B Divisions

West Islip. ESM not so sure about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate to break it to you, but the lure of the job isn't the salary. It is the access to the facilities for his club. The club and the clinics is where the cash is at. But obviously you are a short sighted fool so you can't see that.

Doesn't the head coach have another travel club affiliation? Will he let his asst have the access he is looking for to support the competition?

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard