BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 76 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Doesn't make him a nice person. Most people think he's not . Even the ones who play for him.

He is a nice person, he may not always make decisions based on what's best for every kid, but he runs a good program and is a fantastic coach. And by the way, the LIE "program" is a for profit business, if your family doesn't want to operate in that type of environment there are many other choices, but you can't knock the way he runs his business. I've been around a lot of youth lacrosse programs - PAL, town intramurals, travel, etc. - and in my opinion, the way that MC coaches the kids is great. He makes it fun, is 100% committed, and knows the game, which is why he was able to attract talent to this great group of 2022 kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't make him a nice person. Most people think he's not . Even the ones who play for him.

He is a nice person, he may not always make decisions based on what's best for every kid, but he runs a good program and is a fantastic coach. And by the way, the LIE "program" is a for profit business, if your family doesn't want to operate in that type of environment there are many other choices, but you can't knock the way he runs his business. I've been around a lot of youth lacrosse programs - PAL, town intramurals, travel, etc. - and in my opinion, the way that MC coaches the kids is great. He makes it fun, is 100% committed, and knows the game, which is why he was able to attract talent to this great group of 2022 kids.

Until he's done with you and adds 10 more gets to roster. Come back in July and gives us an update ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Until he's done with you and adds 10 more gets to roster. Come back in July and gives us an update ?

Your kid got bumped, we get it. Have little Johnnie hit the wall ball over the winter and you get back to us with an update.
People like you miss the teaching opportunity all the time. Johnnie wants to play on the A-team, play more minutes, etc....work harder.
If not, have all the minutes you want on the B-team. There's value in that also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HE is a chauvinist...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great story you made up, but not the case. Haven't and wouldn't allow my sons to play there. Been doing this long time and hear stories every year. Wait and see!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what's nice got to do with it. He produces results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. He is not 91. They way he brings kids in and out. carries a roster of 30. Don't dispute it. We all saw them at the Columbus day invitational. I saw four subs on each team. Do the math. 30 man roster. He is in constant rotation of players. No loyalty and that is why he will always be 2nd fiddle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great story you made up, but not the case. Haven't and wouldn't allow my sons to play there. Been doing this long time and hear stories every year. Wait and see!

so you have no first hand knowledge. all you go on is what you hear. for every bad story there are success stories. try talking to the people that are very happy. you might think differently. to each his own. you seem very intent bashing someone your kids have never played for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what is your post in reference to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. He is not 91. They way he brings kids in and out. carries a roster of 30. Don't dispute it. We all saw them at the Columbus day invitational. I saw four subs on each team. Do the math. 30 man roster. He is in constant rotation of players. No loyalty and that is why he will always be 2nd fiddle.

How are you defining 2nd fiddle? Seems to have done a nice job with 2022 team (that is the thread you're on). He brought kids up from the Team 2 to round out the rosters, there are ~27 kids rostered on Team Channy in 2022 and everyone seems to be happy, plus the team did awesome this fall.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He won't be done with my kid if he keeps improving and contributing to the team's success. If you want your kid to be on an elite travel team that wins, don't expect charity from the coach or program. Call it loyalty if you want but turning over the top team for better talent is fine in my opinion. I don't expect my kid to make the team or start if he's not contributing/producing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

second fiddle. the team is doing extremely well. what are you talking about. loyalty? talk to some of the parents that he has to deal with. they don't know the meaning of the word.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HE is a chauvinist...

thank goodness is 'boys' lacrosse. what a dopey thing to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

second fiddle. the team is doing extremely well. what are you talking about. loyalty? talk to some of the parents that he has to deal with. they don't know the meaning of the word.

Well I guess we know who your with. At least you didn't dispute the 30 man roster. then you would lose all credibility. I know MC and his techniques. Trust me he will bring 10 guys in and replace your kid. Look at the 32 import and all the kids they got rid of to get that done. THE TRUTH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I guess we know who your with. At least you didn't dispute the 30 man roster. then you would lose all credibility. I know MC and his techniques. Trust me he will bring 10 guys in and replace your kid. Look at the 32 import and all the kids they got rid of to get that done. THE TRUTH

they improved, what's wrong with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing, unless your trying to paint MC as a loyal guy which he is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on how define "loyal." If your kid is good enough to contribute then my assumption is that he'll be on the team. If you expect equal playing time and favoritism from MC that's unlikely to happen. He wants to win and have a successful program. That requires making changes every year if you have the opportunity to upgrade. There are many kids on the 2022 team that are interchangeable with kids on the Team 2 or from other programs, but in general, he seems to make decisions based on what's best for the team. I wouldn't call that being disloyal, and if you're looking for loyalty, what's the saying, get a dog?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He won't be done with my kid if he keeps improving and contributing to the team's success. If you want your kid to be on an elite travel team that wins, don't expect charity from the coach or program. Call it loyalty if you want but turning over the top team for better talent is fine in my opinion. I don't expect my kid to make the team or start if he's not contributing/producing.

True. If you want equal playing time, don't come to 91 or Express. Go to fl$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on how define "loyal." If your kid is good enough to contribute then my assumption is that he'll be on the team. If you expect equal playing time and favoritism from MC that's unlikely to happen. He wants to win and have a successful program. That requires making changes every year if you have the opportunity to upgrade. There are many kids on the 2022 team that are interchangeable with kids on the Team 2 or from other programs, but in general, he seems to make decisions based on what's best for the team. I wouldn't call that being disloyal, and if you're looking for loyalty, what's the saying, get a dog?

To make changes after you commit $3,000.00 plus dollars is what I would call not being loyal. Don't take the money and then say "oh by the way we ware bringing some new kids" in after you committed to the program. Its BAD BUSINESS. THE TRUTH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is loyal to the kids & families that stick with his program, and yes, loyal to the Express brand. To which he is entitled to. It is, after all, a business he is running.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To make changes after you commit $3,000.00 plus dollars is what I would call not being loyal. Don't take the money and then say "oh by the way we ware bringing some new kids" in after you committed to the program. Its BAD BUSINESS. THE TRUTH....

....We understand, YOU"RE BITTER, because poor little Johnnie got bumped from the A-roster, or from the team altogether and you still can't get over it. Go back to PAL with your wet diapers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well I guess we know you are from last year. some of the top kids from last year didn't even try out. they went to United. there are at least 7 or 8 players from last year getting top playing time. so basically he upgraded half the team which it needed desperately. if your kid is being replaced it's because he probably should be replaced. maybe in a year or two he will be ready for a top team again but to say he got 'rid of kids to get that done' like it's something you caught him in the act doing. it's well known. all the teams do it if they are trying to improve. he has 26 on the roster. why do you think that is. because he let people stay that probably should have played on B a year and the other half went to other organizations to play B. he does what he has to do in the top games which is what any good coach would do. why are you so bitter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well I guess we know you are from last year. some of the top kids from last year didn't even try out. they went to United. there are at least 7 or 8 players from last year getting top playing time. so basically he upgraded half the team which it needed desperately. if your kid is being replaced it's because he probably should be replaced. maybe in a year or two he will be ready for a top team again but to say he got 'rid of kids to get that done' like it's something you caught him in the act doing. it's well known. all the teams do it if they are trying to improve. he has 26 on the roster. why do you think that is. because he let people stay that probably should have played on B a year and the other half went to other organizations to play B. he does what he has to do in the top games which is what any good coach would do. why are you so bitter?

Not bitter but can't stand listening to 32express parents talking about MC as he is something he is not. He is just another coach that pulls the same crap as all the others.THE TRUTH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not bitter but can't stand listening to 32express parents talking about MC as he is something he is not. He is just another coach that pulls the same crap as all the others.THE TRUTH

There is a lot of TRUTHS being stated here for 11 year old lacrosse.... Can't wait to hear the TRUTH in a couple of more years when it actually matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To make changes after you commit $3,000.00 plus dollars is what I would call not being loyal. Don't take the money and then say "oh by the way we ware bringing some new kids" in after you committed to the program. Its BAD BUSINESS. THE TRUTH....

....We understand, YOU"RE BITTER, because poor little Johnnie got bumped from the A-roster, or from the team altogether and you still can't get over it. Go back to PAL with your wet diapers.

That's a fair point, if you sign up for a certain roster size, it's not cool to expand the roster size just for the $$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a lot of TRUTHS being stated here for 11 year old lacrosse.... Can't wait to hear the TRUTH in a couple of more years when it actually matters.

it won't be the truth then either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a fair point, if you sign up for a certain roster size, it's not cool to expand the roster size just for the $$$.

That is all I was saying. Not cool and this is normal for him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that all you were saying? Thanks for your contribution.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is all I was saying. Not cool and this is normal for him

that did not happen. the 32 kids were at tryouts. they made the team the same time everyone else who made the team. they weren't an afterthought. that is all I'm saying. what coaches don't play the best players when they are playing a competitive game. if people were realistic about their kid's ability, they might feel differently. a lot happens in the next couple years. stop making excuses and just keep playing. it's not bad business. it's smart business. he is balancing wins with trying to play everyone. most competitive top teams forego the latter. last year people complained about not winning. this year people are complaining about not playing. most times you can't have both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what crap? trying to win? parents know what they sign up for and if they feel misled they have other choices. this is what competitive sports is, like it or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the roster is the same size it was right after tryouts minus one player who left. there was no expanding of the roster. what is not cool is someone not speaking THE TRUTH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team wraps the fall up next Friday. Convince your coach to come out play and witness for yourself, because so much of this is so untrue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet you continue to praise the infalible coaching abilities of Smash. You are so transparent. And you continue with this sophomoric "32express" nonsense. Get real. The other kids on EXPRESS deserve credit. They all play as a team. Only been together a few months and this team has your knickers in a knot. Can't wait for summer competition. Keep the paramedic vans close to the fields for the Smash Daddies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just curious why you feel it necessary to rename the team 32express. the team did acquire great talent from 32 but so did several other teams. since united got some of the express kids from last year should we call them express-united. players are going to go to different teams. get used to it. it once again makes you sound bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash over Diamondbacks 7-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91MD over Smash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express parents are not smart enough to let sleeping dogs lie. Enjoy your 15 minutes of Fall ball fame. I know you have not experienced winning much and it shows. I guess MC does evaluate the parent as well as player when picking team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91MD over Smash.

Wait, a 1st year team over Deez Nutz?! Call the sports psychologists quickly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91MD over Smash.

And it wasn't close.

Of course 91 MD lost their next game to Hawks so doesn't necessarily mean anything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next season it will be back to Express. Believe it or not, 32 parents are already second guessing why they are playing for Express.

Page 26 of 76 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard